(2014) ivf mummies support group

Thanks to all of u who replied about Dr Tan HH (@snow19, @joy_meme, @faithfullyyours)... Maybe I stick on with him for the next appt and see how...

Feel qt bad to leave him but also maybe he will feel relieved got one less patient off his super long queue list haha!!

All u mummies have been holding on in taking care of your little ones... Jiayou! Still a long road ahead. One of my gd friends has only one piece of gd advice for new mummies: don't blame urself for anything that doesn't go well. No one is born knowing how to take care of a baby well, so it is just a learning path. U can do it!

Just stick to him lor, doc tan will see ur condition de for my case I don't have any labour symptom that's why ask me to induce he also want us to bring bb home happily after all we have go through those jabs, my another frien whom I get to know through here she also under doc tan n her water level is low so induce the next day n is successful in natural delivery while mine doesn't dilate that's why csect

hi_mei,

yeah I also think can just stick to him. Furthermore, I think KKH is really not bad. I just received my KKH bills for both mummy and baby. We only paid $2595 for the initial deposit for A1 ward for natural delivery with epidural and after all the medisave deduction, I don't need to fork out any money at all and I still have $137 as refund.

Last edited:
Hmmm... personally my experience with dr tan is also good. I saw him until week 30. then next appt was week 35. at that point, I felt that the checks were too brief for me and the waits were long. Also didn't like the system where I can't reach my gynae direct.

I also saw private concurrently. package starts from week 12 onwards. from week 29, visits were done every 2 weeks. And weekly checks from week 36. package also included post delivery visits.

During delivery (10am to 630pm), gynae checked on me about 4-5 times. After delivery, he visited me every morn to check on my wound until the day I discharge. PD also updated us every morn on baby's progress.

What a night... Non stop crying. Don't know whether she hungry or not. Breast feed, change diaper , burp.... What else can I do? Just ranting.. Kitkat and Circles also not sleeping...

Yeah... my baby have been super awake every night from 11pm to 4 am. Won't sleep. Super awake. want people to carry. keeps crying. After that, she sleeps like a pig, thunderstorm also won't wake her up.

Oh it's "nice" to see some having some experience as me. My girls are not sleeping too and it's draining the whole family out. If one baby still can take turns to comfort or carry two babies totally turn our world upside down. I practically no time to rest even pump when they don't want to sleep. I don't know how to keep up with my milk supply or if I can continue pumping a not. My babies are used to people carrying, rocking and they cannot differentiate morning and night. Sleep a lot in the morning till noon and night don't want sleep.

Circle u be fully expressing your milk throughout? When your girl older can dl? I am thinking if we fully ebm will our supplies ever reach the peak? It's been a month plus and my output still same 160ml combine per 3hrly session. Very difficult to keep up with my girls feeding. Now they are on 100ml each. My per pump cannot even satisfy two babies.

Lately my boobs feeling pain from pumping. Very sore feel. Very sensitive. I been eating lactation cookies, fenugreek and drinking water but that's just my max so far for 3 hrly.

So nice Dr tan hh visited U all after operation. I think my Dr really busy till the nurses in the ward also know she don't visit after delivery unless really necessary. I do have in house doc coming to see me and he did mention to me anything he will discuss with my gynae and if a need will see what actions she want to take lol. Like secretary reporting like that.

I went home yesterday and baby at my mum's place. Think my mum is going to drain out too. My baby is super awake every night 11 to 4 also then after dinner time want to play. Sigh. My baby never poo for 3 days and if still like this will bring to polyclinic today. I am rushing to my work place first today then go back to my mum's place. Whole family especially my mum has not been sleeping.

IWAHB, i am not sure if it works. But for me, i need to latch bb on for at 1 to 2 feed per day. I realise if bb latch on, my supply will be coming. But if i only use pump, supply maintain and might even get lesser. Its the same when i bf my 1st child last time.. think our body will sense the bb's needs.

Also lately i realised, after pumping all out, i let bb latch and suckle abit more. The next few pump might yield a liitle more too. Its amazing, cos i tot i drained the whole breast aldy but when i let her suckle, she still can gets...

Not sure if it works but worth a try la..

Oh it's "nice" to see some having some experience as me. My girls are not sleeping too and it's draining the whole family out. If one baby still can take turns to comfort or carry two babies totally turn our world upside down. I practically no time to rest even pump when they don't want to sleep. I don't know how to keep up with my milk supply or if I can continue pumping a not. My babies are used to people carrying, rocking and they cannot differentiate morning and night. Sleep a lot in the morning till noon and night don't want sleep.

Circle u be fully expressing your milk throughout? When your girl older can dl? I am thinking if we fully ebm will our supplies ever reach the peak? It's been a month plus and my output still same 160ml combine per 3hrly session. Very difficult to keep up with my girls feeding. Now they are on 100ml each. My per pump cannot even satisfy two babies.

Lately my boobs feeling pain from pumping. Very sore feel. Very sensitive. I been eating lactation cookies, fenugreek and drinking water but that's just my max so far for 3 hrly.

So nice Dr tan hh visited U all after operation. I think my Dr really busy till the nurses in the ward also know she don't visit after delivery unless really necessary. I do have in house doc coming to see me and he did mention to me anything he will discuss with my gynae and if a need will see what actions she want to take lol. Like secretary reporting like that.

Yeah I fully expressing. initially every 3hrly. now change to 4hrly for sanity sake. my baby cannot direct latch cos need to monitor her milk input and frequency. cos she got a special digestive system so cannot overload her. Later system kanna choke then poss need nurse to clear. If nurse can't clear then will kanna hospitalised.

to increase milk supply, u can try power pumping but takes more time.

Mschar I know latching will help in stimulating more milk. Yesterday I try with elder twin who is better in latching but she also don't want latch already. Think too long no latch she forget. I think I press the aerola to release milk for her rather than she suck herself. One thing I got short nipples maybe that explain why harder for them to latch :(

I also worry purely on pumping yield will only start to decrease not increase :( circle so U mean all the way ur bb will be monitored in her intake or only till a certain age? I know about power pumping but for me seriously I doubt have the time to power pump. My girls anytime will need me. A lot of times my pumping need to be halted halfway cause they cry.

Lynncandy why so fast go back office? Ya my whole family is exhausted too, I so paiseh myself I give birth end up everyone busy. At least your bb After dinner want to play mine still don't know what is play. If they don't sleep they cry. If they don't cry means must carry. Ur girl fully on fm right? Did u give her water to drink cause I know fm very heaty must drink water.

Yes if fully fm need to give a bit of water otherwise very heaty. So I am trying some water first before fm. Btw what is power pumping. Anyone got any website or explain to me more so that I can know and if I have next baby I will be so much better.
Yes go back office give baby shower cake voucher.
I bought those like music soft toy from toy r us for baby I got like 3 different types. So they listen and look at the toy and in a way play herself like move her hands and legs smiling. This is the one I got http://www.leapfrog.com/en-us/store/p/my-pal-scout/_/A-prod19156

Yes if fully fm need to give a bit of water otherwise very heaty. So I am trying some water first before fm. Btw what is power pumping. Anyone got any website or explain to me more so that I can know and if I have next baby I will be so much better.
Yes go back office give baby shower cake voucher.
I bought those like music soft toy from toy r us for baby I got like 3 different types. So they listen and look at the toy and in a way play herself like move her hands and legs smiling. This is the one I got http://www.leapfrog.com/en-us/store/p/my-pal-scout/_/A-prod19156

U should give water after ur FM n not before ur FM. If give before ur bb will be abit full thus wun be drinking much milk otherwise u can dilute the milk abit eg water u can go 100ml powder put 1 n half scoop. That's what I normally do.

Power pumping is to mimic like the bb n stimulate the brain thinking that the bb needs more milk.

ImageUploadedByForum1417404383.597271.jpg

Lynncandy, mt a also taught me another way. I did that for the first 5 days for every pump.

massage breast then pump 5 mins + massage breast then pump 5 mins + massage breast then pump 5 mins. I kiasu. even add in 2 more rounds where I massage then hand express to get all the milk out.

Every session I also did that, for 3hrly. takes about 45mins in total. you can try that too!

Looks like a lot of us are in the same boat regarding our babies's sleeping hours. My girl also eyes big big at 11 pm. Remember we used to say our babies were most active at night when they were still in our womb. I'll latch her before she goes to sleep.

Iwahb, I also have short nipples according to the lactation nurse. According to some of mummy friends, they also have short nipples then they said as we latch more and pump more, our short nipples will become more protruding. Then easier for baby to suckle.

Nowadays I latch more and pump less. I find it so much simpler and easier. Maybe I don't like to pump because using my Avent breast pump and using the method that the lactation nurse taught me: each breast 5 minutes alternatively for 30 minutes, I have to sit there for half an hour. Very boring!

Today I'm so proud of myself for trimming my girl's fingernails. From birth till now, nobody has trimmed my girl's fingernails. CL has 老花眼 so she does not dare to trim for her. She's worried that she might cut her flesh.

Hmmm... personally my experience with dr tan is also good. I saw him until week 30. then next appt was week 35. at that point, I felt that the checks were too brief for me and the waits were long. Also didn't like the system where I can't reach my gynae direct.

I also saw private concurrently. package starts from week 12 onwards. from week 29, visits were done every 2 weeks. And weekly checks from week 36. package also included post delivery visits.

During delivery (10am to 630pm), gynae checked on me about 4-5 times. After delivery, he visited me every morn to check on my wound until the day I discharge. PD also updated us every morn on baby's progress.
Ya actually cuz I was unable to see Dr Tan when there there were weekly bleeding episodes throughout first trimester. It was really quite stressful.

My mil says can only trim after first month.. so a few days more!

weirdly my baby slept thru the night in my tummy leh. The only thing is she don't like me lying on my side. as long as I lie on my back, can sleep thru. but will wake up to pee and eat bread.

anyway to make them better at night? mine KO in the day. yesterday was family gathering for her man yue. she just slept thru all the chatter with the hall tv and surround sound showing transformers!!!

Anyone swaddle your baby? My 1st CL swaddled her but replacement CL doesn't. Any implication if we don't swaddle? Now my girl is on free mode. No swaddling at all.

Anyone swaddle your baby? My 1st CL swaddled her but replacement CL doesn't. Any implication if we don't swaddle? Now my girl is on free mode. No swaddling at all.
at first she is in nicu so couldnt swaddle with all the tubes and treatment. then after that, she just manages to wiggle her hand out. she was in hospital for the first 2 weeks and her hand a lot of pattern one. put on eyes, cover ears, tuck under chin etc.

by the time she got home, already cannot swaddle. I bought a swaddle pod to tie her in. she struggled for hours until face all red, head sweating even in aircon and milk came out from the nose. release her and she slept immediately!

Yes Faithfullyours I heard too keep latching nipple will become long but my girls just hate to latch. So she impatient I also impatient. I also hate to sit there and pump so troublesome.

My girls don't like to swaddle they always try to break free so cannot swaddle. Anyway I heard after 1month try not to swaddle too tight let them have leg room for stretching so won't hinder their growth.

Bud my girls if awake won't play with themselves. They open eyes sit there dream less than 3mins will cry.

Hi all sorry to hijack ur thread... I wanted to ask if Dr Tan HH delivered any of ur babies and whether his monitoring and experience in delivering was gd.

Currently under Tan HH but am considering switching to private. He is a very good and caring doctor but I am worried he is too busy to monitor a pregnancy well.

Example: usually scanning not done by him but ppl in ADC, sometimes my appt gets postponed cuz he is not available (most recent one end up with appt gap of 2 months). Also, it is impossible to see him if any emergency happens, have to go 24h O&G where u will see a random MO...

Because I really want my baby to be born healthy, would rather be monitored closely in case anything suay suay happens.

Thanks in advance...

@hi_mei I also stick with Dr HH Tan and I am glad that I did.
No doubt he is a very busy man and each visit you might feel like a hush hush one but for sure he reviews through seriously and assures you when you have concerns and doubts.
During my wk 36 review, bb on the low weight and I was worried so he sent me for detailed scan, did ctg.
And as my bp was on the high side, fluid was low and I was showing lots of anxiety, he decided to put me under observation over the wkn, telling me if everything ok, I can be discharged.
He came to visit me on sun morning and checked that I had dilated so he decided to induce and on the same nite, our bb joined us.
The delivery team also did a good job!
Doc Tan appeared when I was 10cm dilated.
During the push, umbilical cord was 2 rounds around the bb, Doc Tan was very swift, got permission or rather made known to dh and did a forceps assisted delivery and the next moment I saw bb was in the hands of the team.

Because he knows for ivfers, we worry more so he is very assuring.
Actually during the preg, I also had tots of switching to other gynae but had reservation as if I switch, gynae is new to me just as I am new to the gynae. I needed the trust and faith in the gynae which was already built up with Doc Tan.

Hi_Mei, I had many bleeding episodes in 1st Trimester & 2nd Trimester too. Was very anxious as I couldn't see Dr Tan straight away and he usually doesn't reply to emails. Like the other sisters here, I saw private gynae concurrently. I'm very comfortable with both gynaes, just dislike the protocol at KKH. However, at week 20, I've decided to stick to Dr Tan. Before the appointment, just list down all the questions you have & he'll answer all questions patiently.

@hi_mei I also stick with Dr HH Tan and I am glad that I did.
No doubt he is a very busy man and each visit you might feel like a hush hush one but for sure he reviews through seriously and assures you when you have concerns and doubts.
During my wk 36 review, bb on the low weight and I was worried so he sent me for detailed scan, did ctg.
And as my bp was on the high side, fluid was low and I was showing lots of anxiety, he decided to put me under observation over the wkn, telling me if everything ok, I can be discharged.
He came to visit me on sun morning and checked that I had dilated so he decided to induce and on the same nite, our bb joined us.
The delivery team also did a good job!
Doc Tan appeared when I was 10cm dilated.
During the push, umbilical cord was 2 rounds around the bb, Doc Tan was very swift, got permission or rather made known to dh and did a forceps assisted delivery and the next moment I saw bb was in the hands of the team.

Because he knows for ivfers, we worry more so he is very assuring.
Actually during the preg, I also had tots of switching to other gynae but had reservation as if I switch, gynae is new to me just as I am new to the gynae. I needed the trust and faith in the gynae which was already built up with Doc Tan.
Congrats Yue! So your baby's date of birth is....? Yeah....I was 9 cm dilated at 5.20 pm. Nurse called him to come back and he rushed from SGH back to KKH as he was having a conference at SGH. That was also like an hour later. The moment he stepped into the delivery suite room, he asked me to push already. I'm also glad that I stick to him. When he asked DH to cut the umbilical cord and he passed my girl to me, I could sense he felt really happy for us. I think he also has that sense of achievement and satisfaction for himself as the whole IVF journey, ER, ET and delivery were all handled by him. He sees through the growth of our babies and I think that's very touching! :)

Last edited:
Congrats Yue! So your baby's date of birth is....? Yeah....I was 9 cm dilated at 5.20 pm. Nurse called him to come back and he rushed from SGH back to KKH as he was having a conference at SGH. That was also like an hour later. The moment he stepped into the delivery suite room, he asked me to push already. I'm also glad that I stick to him. When he asked DH to cut the umbilical cord and he passed my girl to me, I could sense he felt really happy for us. I think he also has that sense of achievement and satisfaction for himself as the whole IVF journey, ER, ET and delivery were all handled by him. He sees through the growth of our babies and I think that's very touching! :)

Ya I agree with you, I was week 39 n he ask me want to induce or wait my hub want to induce I was abit reluctant he told me if induce fail the most csect he say guys mentality is the same want the bb to come out safely and he want us to bring bb home happily. After all we have gone through so much in ivf

at first she is in nicu so couldnt swaddle with all the tubes and treatment. then after that, she just manages to wiggle her hand out. she was in hospital for the first 2 weeks and her hand a lot of pattern one. put on eyes, cover ears, tuck under chin etc.

by the time she got home, already cannot swaddle. I bought a swaddle pod to tie her in. she struggled for hours until face all red, head sweating even in aircon and milk came out from the nose. release her and she slept immediately!
Yes Faithfullyours I heard too keep latching nipple will become long but my girls just hate to latch. So she impatient I also impatient. I also hate to sit there and pump so troublesome.

My girls don't like to swaddle they always try to break free so cannot swaddle. Anyway I heard after 1month try not to swaddle too tight let them have leg room for stretching so won't hinder their growth.

Bud my girls if awake won't play with themselves. They open eyes sit there dream less than 3mins will cry.
My girl doesn't like to be swaddled too. Her hands and feet keep wriggled out. In the end, we just forget about the swaddling and just let her be. She likes to stretch and she stretches a lot.

Faithfully, I also just let my girl be as I swaddle her too late then no use already. If my next baby I will swaddle since beginning. All first time mum mum here so really a lot of things don't know.
Wow yue is 26, iwantahealthybaby 27 and I am 28 gave birth haha. .

Faithfully, I also just let my girl be as I swaddle her too late then no use already. If my next baby I will swaddle since beginning. All first time mum mum here so really a lot of things don't know.
Wow yue is 26, iwantahealthybaby 27 and I am 28 gave birth haha. .
Why must swaddle right from the beginning? I only heard it's because if not, in the future, baby 手脚很多。 is it true? Actually we swaddle her from the beginning, then her hands started wriggling out.

Swaddled bb is to prevent bb to get startled or keep bb in secure when sleeping. I've never swaddled my bb since discharge as I don't see the need only swaddled him when we go to polyclinic to prevent him catching a cold. Singapore weather so hot if swaddled bb lagi hot.

yes swaddle is to let bb feel comfy and secure when bb wake suddenly wont feel insecure and scare. sometime u see bb jerk and wake means kana scare. I thought in hospital nurse will swaddle bb?

Dear Ladies,

Congrats to all in your motherhood!
I'm at MTB and EDD is Apr 15. Can you ladies reco me ur confinement lady as I'm still unable to secure one. Thanks in advance!

Swaddled bb is to prevent bb to get startled or keep bb in secure when sleeping. I've never swaddled my bb since discharge as I don't see the need only swaddled him when we go to polyclinic to prevent him catching a cold. Singapore weather so hot if swaddled bb lagi hot.
yes swaddle is to let bb feel comfy and secure when bb wake suddenly wont feel insecure and scare. sometime u see bb jerk and wake means kana scare. I thought in hospital nurse will swaddle bb?
Yeah, hospital swaddled my girl when she was there. When we brought her back, we also swaddled her. Then my girl started to wriggle her hands and feet out each time we swaddle her. Sometimes she doesn't sleep well because we can see that she's perspiring. Yes we do not allow her to sleep in air conditioned room because we believe if she can't take this temperature now, in the future, we are going to have a hard time as she can only take a cooling temperature. So replacement CL suggested to remove her swaddle to keep her cool. So from then, we didn't swaddle her anymore.

Dear Ladies,

Congrats to all in your motherhood!
I'm at MTB and EDD is Apr 15. Can you ladies reco me ur confinement lady as I'm still unable to secure one. Thanks in advance!
Hi ongfamy,

Here's the contact of my original CL:
Name: Auntie Wong Ah Eng
Mobile No.: 81820737 (Singapore)

She's a Malaysian. She's 61 years old but don't look at her age, she's quite strong and she's very task oriented and fast in my opinion. Her confinement food tastes slightly nicer than my replacement CL. She's from Muay.

My replacement CL is also a Malaysian. She's 53 years old and isn't calculative. She has her pros and cons. Her pros are she can observe my habits and anticipate what I want to do, e.g., she knows that every morning after I wake up, I will want to pump milk so she will get everything like breast pump, water, cotton ball, a cup of maternal milk and a bottle of chicken essence ready for me on the table. She can also anticipate my baby girl's feeding time. She will brew danggui for me to drink whereas my original one doesn't. Her cons are she's very nosey and kaypoh. She will want to be involved in almost all the stuff that we are doing like that time we haven't registered my girl's birth certificate because we haven't thought of any Chinese name for her, then she will keep asking us everyday if we have thought of any name for her. Then after we have decided the name, she will want to know what the name is. If you see it positively, you can say she is concerned but if negatively, then sometimes it can be irritating. Then she will always ask me questions that I don't have an answer for that like why we need to pay $18 for the registration of my girl's birth certificate. I only reply her that nothing is free in Singapore. Her actions can be a bit slow, especially when you see her walk but she is competent in taking care of babies. She's from Penang. I'm getting used to her and I think she's much better than my original CL. Anyway I have a replacement CL because my original CL fell sick and couldn't work anymore.

Here's the contact of my replacement CL:
Name: Auntie Chang Kim Cheng
Mobile No.: 84095778 (Singapore)

I have another CL's contacts. She is my friend's CL. She is the one who recommended original CL to us and then got the replacement CL for us. I have never worked with her so I don't know much about her. But she's good in the sense that she managed to get me a CL for us so last minute like I called her 3 days before I gave birth to my girl due to some unpleasant issues with my MIL. She's also a Malaysian.

Here's the contact of my friend's CL:
Name: Auntie Shuilian
Mobile No.: 90455438 (Singapore)

Hope these information help! :)

Same Faithfullyours I don't let my girls sleep aircon for fear next time everyday need aircon. We parents also didn sleep everyday aircon so we don't want our babies a bit hot also cannot tahan.

By the way ladies U all know at kkh where they inject bcg on our babies? Backside or left arm?

Same Faithfullyours I don't let my girls sleep aircon for fear next time everyday need aircon. We parents also didn sleep everyday aircon so we don't want our babies a bit hot also cannot tahan.

By the way ladies U all know at kkh where they inject bcg on our babies? Backside or left arm?

Kkh is at left arm Pte is at butt but the bcg is so smAll that I was wondering where is it hahA

My bb day time slp in the ceiling fan then night time slp in Aircon so far he ok leh

So interesting... Somehow our babies all don't like being swaddled.

my baby likes the fan. don't super like aircon. to her, aircon always means being hospitalised. Hahaha!

KKH is left arm. I requested the nurse to push my girl to my ward and injected the BCG in front of me because DH was not around at that time to witness the injection.

Mummies, ur bb sleep with u or cl?

My bb sleep with cl (on air con too).
I told my cl not to close the door when sleeping but today she close it. I am unhappy. These few days I m very nice to her I think she climb over my head. She always take nap, watch tv, buy her some snack but I never said any thing. Now she act like she is boss. :-(

Am I being paranoid for telling her not to close the door?

Now she is enjoying the air con whereas I sleep also never on air con sometimes.

I told my cl not to close the door when sleeping but today she close it. I am unhappy. These few days I m very nice to her I think she climb over my head. She always take nap, watch tv, buy her some snack but I never said any thing. Now she act like she is boss. :-(

Now she is enjoying the air con whereas I sleep also never on air con sometimes.

Lol my bb slp with mi my cl slp with fan n not aircon she scare cold haha she close door also but when bb cry she will come into my room n carry bb out to feed n change diaper

Lol my bb slp with mi my cl slp with fan n not aircon she scare cold haha she close door also but when bb cry she will come into my room n carry bb out to feed n change diaper
But bb sleep with u mah...
If bb sleep with me, I also don't care she close door or not. :-/

My 1st CL closes her door when she sleeps but my replacement CL doesn't. I prefer the open concept. We also don't close our door when we sleep. We don't allow her to switch on air con unless we give her permission. I allow my CL to take nap, watch tv as and when she wants, as long as baby is not crying and she attends to her needs. Basically as long as she does her primary job scope, I'm quite okay. But you must observe her too. Also let her know what you are expecting if you are not okay with what she's doing. Think my current CL is quite smart. She gets the hint and will not do it again.

When she's napping, it's my bonding time with my girl.

Last edited:
Kitkats I feel u I think is just mummies instinct. Abit also will feel jealous. Me too. When I see my girls fall asleep in mil helper arms I feel so sucky. Very jealous.

Actually I didn know when the nurses bring my girls to go injection they never tell me. Now my younger twin left arm the bcg area pop out a bump. After a month suddenly pop out should be normal right?

Circle I like your aircon means hospital time ha.

Kitkats think maybe not aircon as now end year which is actually quite cooling for the baby. So the cl should not be like this. If now already aircon then summer time sure needs aircon. Maybe you talk to your cl.
Circle ya loh aircon means hospital time which my baby sleeps well in that aircon room.
Tomorrow is another poking day for my baby. Hopefully she will be alright after the hep b 2nd jab.
Next week my gynae review on pap after one month of csec to check if it's alright plus the sugar test too. Omg fasting again. Hopefully I recover from the pregnancy sugar level otherwise it will become permanent resident in my body.

Nothing lah...just that I wanna see the BCG injected onto my girl's arm. Just wanna witness every little milestone she has. I was expecting my girl to cry but she didn't. Such a brave darling! :)

U can withness every injection when u bring ur gal go polyclinic for the jabs n all the way till bb is 6 months lol

Back