(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@beac , my eldest gal only start speak 1-2 words after 2yo whereas #2 gal now 21mo can try make up sentences containing 10 words or more. So i find every kids have difference pace on speech.

I see I see.... Thanks!! I'm probably also abit paranoid. Typical kaisu mother... hahahaha. Appreciate your reply on this! I feel more relieved. I also thought it was okay for him, but some people come and tell me, then i felt abit worried after that -.-

My hormones is crazy now until my baby hair is all over my head. Hair loss? I think it won't to me in these period. My hair is growing alot now. I knew that's some mummies who drop hair especially those who r b.feeding. Anyone like me, hair keep growing till don't know how to manage?

@beac , you are ftwm? Who's looking after your 30mo boy when u not at home? Maybe due to the care taker didn't communicate much to your boy so he has no confidence in talking.

Yeah, bo bian have to be a ftwm. my mil is looking after my 18 mnths boy. We talk to him, read to him, sing to him, flashcards, everthing. He knows all his stuff. understands our instructions "help me off the fan" "help me take this" "put your toy back on the table" all he knows. just dont want to talk. hahaha.

Maybe your baby is sitting very low now? Have your baby gone into head down position yet? And is this your first pregnancy? If first, maybe cos the hip bone all expanding, so you get this aching pains. You can go for prenatal yoga so stretch and release tension from your pubic bone actually. I go for it and if I have any problem areas, I will ask her how to relieve my aches and pains, so far it works for me!
Your gynae why so bo chup one. Next appt better go with hubby and ask him... :(

Thanks, beac. Which yoga centre did u go to? My friend recommended Como Shambhala but the location is abit far for me as I stay in the east. The costs are not cheap too.... Used to do yoga at Pure Yoga but stopped after I moved to the east as the travelling time was quite long....

Ya.. quite pissed with the gynae's nurses... keep insisting i make a trip down to the clinic when i'm already not mobile.... my husband tried calling and the nurses say things to scare him.. that painful joints may be an early symtom of miscarriage??! it just sounds very absurd to us...

@beac , don't worry too much. Boys are more 'lazy or slow' than gals in terms of walking, talking. But when they master the skill..Omg! They just won't stop! Hahaha...

We used to thought my #1 is 'ya ba' - mute when she's about 2yo since she always keep quite. Actually she's observing and store in her 'hard disk'
When she started talking, we r all amazed by what came out from her mouth.

So pls be cautious of what to say in front of your boy. You nvr know when he'll start 'using' your phrase.

Yeah, bo bian have to be a ftwm. my mil is looking after my 18 mnths boy. We talk to him, read to him, sing to him, flashcards, everthing. He knows all his stuff. understands our instructions "help me off the fan" "help me take this" "put your toy back on the table" all he knows. just dont want to talk. hahaha.
Not to worry. My nephew who is now 30mths old also dun talk much
Cant even talk in sentences always one or two words baby language but can fully understand what we adults r saying. Mayb they r just shy to speak, afraid that they will say wrongly? Give them time.

Thanks, beac. Which yoga centre did u go to? My friend recommended Como Shambhala but the location is abit far for me as I stay in the east. The costs are not cheap too.... Used to do yoga at Pure Yoga but stopped after I moved to the east as the travelling time was quite long....

Ya.. quite pissed with the gynae's nurses... keep insisting i make a trip down to the clinic when i'm already not mobile.... my husband tried calling and the nurses say things to scare him.. that painful joints may be an early symtom of miscarriage??! it just sounds very absurd to us...

I stay east too! Tampines :) I go for real yoga @ Hitachi building near Tampines MRT there. :) I pay by per sessions (i started in 2nd trimester, so paid for 20 sessions). The instructor is Sally. http://relaxinyoga.blogspot.sg/ This is her blog.

EH, your gynae likw wanna eat your money for walk in appt lor. So bad.

@littlepeanut , like what beac mentioned. It is the bb position. These few days i almost burst into tears cos i cant sit, stand, rest. I can feel my rib bone and pelvic bone in pain. Can't eat also like got heartburn. These are pretty normal as bb are bigger since we're all in 3rd trimester already. Hang in there ya;)

Agaga, thanks for your encouragement.. :)

Actually, not that i dun want to go down to see gynae.. but every time i describe a symtom to him, he will just say 'its normal' without telling u how to relief the discomfort.. so the reason why i called is to hear him say the same so as to have some reassurance and piece of mind... just dunno why its so difficult and the nurses still have to use the word 'miscarriage' to scare us...

They say best to use after birth, so some start after like 4-6 hours after they give birth, and wear literally 24hrs a day. LOL so like the best results la. So I'm also gg to do postnatal massage. So if the massage I have the other binder on, i wont use it, unless i take it out after, then maybe rest awhile, when gg to sleep i will probably wear it also.

What I like abt belle fit its that it covers from hip all the way up, and theres a special hook at the panty area, so when you wanna pee, very easy to take out panty without disrupting the position of the girdle.

ahhh ok thanks! i'm also thinking of getting the belle fit since the reviews are so good. I still had a bit of tummy after #1 which is very sad coz i actually had nice abs before preggie sigh. hopefully binder will help!

@littlepeanut , The nurse very bad lor..

My #1 gynae at TMC, very bad exp. Always scared me, ask me buy this buy that. Check this check that. Say i too fat, baby too small. High sugar blar blar. In the end, bb born wk38 weight 3.3kg

So #2, I change gynae. This Dr. don't say much. I gained weight. He okay. Everything also ok, say normal, no prob.

After comparing 2gynae, i would prefer a man with lesser word. Don't come and scared me for nothing.

So if i need clear some doubt, I'll google. Review or comment is more than I need to know.

Unless, you had complication before or during preg. Or high risk preggers. Then seek Dr. advise is the best..

My hormones is crazy now until my baby hair is all over my head. Hair loss? I think it won't to me in these period. My hair is growing alot now. I knew that's some mummies who drop hair especially those who r b.feeding. Anyone like me, hair keep growing till don't know how to manage?

Haha now my hair growing fast cos I think its all the multi-vitamins. But after birth, the first time I dropped alot of hair, so i got worried. so I just buy hair thinning shampoo to standby. LOL kaisu right? hahahah.
I also need to go trim my hair before baby pop out in Oct.

@beac , no laa.. not kiasu. Cos u got exp aldy so u know what to expect. My hair since yr2012 had been anyhow grow crazily then slightly better after birth. Now again! So messy.

Anyone planning to encapsulate your placenta?! Hahaha. I wondering if it really works! Have been curious about it.

@beac

My #1 is also under Cordlife but I committed for 10 years first. Now regret as I should direct go for 21 years as I realized now their price increased. Don't even say 10 years later.. Sure price up to 50-70% more. Actually at 1st I'm also thinking just store my #1 will do but recently my surround friends or relatives have some issue with their kids which makes me more concern of storing 1 more as a spare. Who knows what will happen in the future.. If store got chance, no store is totally zero. I wonder if store my #2 under Cordlife too, would it be any further discount or freebies? :)

@beac

My #1 is also under Cordlife but I committed for 10 years first. Now regret as I should direct go for 21 years as I realized now their price increased. Don't even say 10 years later.. Sure price up to 50-70% more. Actually at 1st I'm also thinking just store my #1 will do but recently my surround friends or relatives have some issue with their kids which makes me more concern of storing 1 more as a spare. Who knows what will happen in the future.. If store got chance, no store is totally zero. I wonder if store my #2 under Cordlife too, would it be any further discount or freebies? :)

Sorry to hijack, but yep, if your #2 store under Cordlife, you will get a discounted rate. When I stored my #2 under Cordlife (#1 also under Cordlife), I had a discounted rate, plus I think extra vouchers. Not sure how the freebies will be like this time.

Sorry to hijack, but yep, if your #2 store under Cordlife, you will get a discounted rate. When I stored my #2 under Cordlife (#1 also under Cordlife), I had a discounted rate, plus I think extra vouchers. Not sure how the freebies will be like this time.

Hi, when u store for your #2? Both direct for 21yrs plan?

$6099 incl GST, got a free Braun Ear Thermometer. Before they gave out thermometer, my friend received $150 capitamall voucher for #2.

Meanings that u got a free Braun Ear Thermometer without vch but yr friend received instead. Since we got #1 under Cordlife, do we still need referral frm friend? They will still give vch to them?

ImageUploadedByForum1407425575.617157.jpg

This is what I received on 2011 when I signed with Cordlife under friends referral since that's my first baby. But I didn't know even #2 can be under friend referral to get vouchers. :)

oh nono, you misunderstood me. Haha. My friend signed up for her #2 and she got $150 vouchers. But when I signed up a few months later, changed to Braun Thermometer. No more vouchers =(

When I signed up for #1 in 2011 also, I had $100 Taka Vouchers plus a newborn gift set (towel, booties, mittens, romper)

oh nono, you misunderstood me. Haha. My friend signed up for her #2 and she got $150 vouchers. But when I signed up a few months later, changed to Braun Thermometer. No more vouchers =(

When I signed up for #1 in 2011 also, I had $100 Taka Vouchers plus a newborn gift set (towel, booties, mittens, romper)

Oh, haha! I'm so blur.. Well, I got this free gift plus additional $50 vch. Hope this time round can get $150 vch leh.. I just checked their website. They will be having a booth at baby expo on 22-24 Aug. Will make a trip down to enquiry & sign on the spot. Hopefully can get a great deal.

@beac

Just a qn, for your friends whose kids have issues, did using their cord blood help?

Just a qn, for your friends whose kids have issues, did using their cord blood help?

Kids is just 3 yrs old now..actually it was my relatives niece & not so close to me. I'm not very sure. Only heard that he's having chemo now due to leukemia which actually may can be treated by his own cord blood. But unfortunately parents nv store it. Recently also find that nowadays kids is easily to get sick & admitted hospital. Quite worried if something happen in future.. So decided to store cord blood as insurance.

Even my gynae also advised if financial allowed, it's better to store for the #2 too..there's always unforeseen new diseases that may treated by cord blood.

My husband said we dont need to store for #2 cos #1 alr store then can kept it also for #2 leh. Hmmm, not sure if I should or should not keep #1 cordblood.
Who's gg to do cordlife for #2?

Anyway, idk if anyone interested but since we all due in Oct I share you all first see if anyone wants a ring sling?
I wanna sell off a handmade ring sling I bought from a popular USA online shop. USD$55.00 (I don't earn anything) Just bought and received in late July! Can show you invoice and all to prove it, if you want.
I havent use it yet! (I bought 2 lah, plus I have 2 baby carriers also... hahaha over buy!!)

Colour is Coral Pink with Pink Aluminium Ring, Size 'S'.
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/proddetail.php?prod=nlinen

You can see her shop reviews here:
https://www.facebook.com/sleepingbabyproductions

She's very popular internationally. :) 1 lady handmade all on her own!
PM if you're interested. Later I will post in WTS thread but I thought, give you all a heads up first? :)

My husband said we dont need to store for #2 cos #1 alr store then can kept it also for #2 leh. Hmmm, not sure if I should or should not keep #1 cordblood.
Who's gg to do cordlife for #2?

Hi beac, at first we also think Of just store #1 will do but after discussion
& consideration, we decided to store our #2 too. Cz we really don't hope that we will regret in the future. Storing cord blood still up to individually. Anyway, we can go for installment plan up to 24 mths. :)

Hi beac, at first we also think Of just store #1 will do but after discussion
& consideration, we decided to store our #2 too. Cz we really don't hope that we will regret in the future. Storing cord blood still up to individually. Anyway, we can go for installment plan up to 24 mths. :)

Better be safe than sorry right? Hmmm. Okay I shall contact the guy whom I previously signed with and see how from there... 21 yrs ard $6k right?

@beac

Yes, as per another mummy she signed on last year oct is $6099 including GST. Hopefully we still can get this price plus freebies or voucher.. Hehe! By the way, your #1 is direct 21 years too right?

Regret lah nv sign for 21 years for my #1. Can I continue sign up for another 10 years now? Price based on the market price now? Hmmp..

@hanachiaki when are you due? I'm planning to book the 4 bedded one too. My gynae will upgrade to 2 bedded for free.

@agaga where got so good shake leg wait for money to come in. My job is work got money. Shake leg no money one.

Does anyone here ask their gynae whom to contact/ how to seek help in event of medical emergencies?

I'm rather disturbed by the answer I get from my gynae.. He says I can see any doctor or gynae if his clinic is not open.. Or go to Kkh A&E..

Rather disappointed by his reply since he seems to be a very popular gynae with a lot of patients and his fees are not cheap...

Few days back I had a bad pelvic joint and when I asked to speak to him (during clinic opening hrs) I was flatly refused.. Even when my husband called them, the nurse gave excuses saying he's with a patient and can't get to the phone. Subsequently, we didn't get any follow-up calls to ask about my condition...

Somehow, I'm losing confidence in him...

Am I expecting too much or it this the norm for all gynaes.. Ladies, pls share ur experiences with me as I'm a first time mum.. Thanks..

Back