(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

dear mummies, you are already showing ah? I am now into my 17weeks, my first pregnancy. I do have a slight bump in my stomach but I somehow feel not baby bump. its like i'm getting fatter only. haha...
Same same.. i feel like im fat and ate too much more than baby bump.. haha

Now I'm 17 weeks 5 days, looks like those 5-6mths pregnancy.. Maybe due to 2nd pregnancy & I'm quite big size.

Tmr is my next routine check up with my gynae. Feel excited to know my baby gender.. Hehe!

happymom2510

from the net, I think baby bump should starts showing after 16w. I am now in 16w, but tummy doesn't grow much, rather I feel fatter. doesn't look pregnant at all. but my friends and gynae assure me that so long our baby is growing at the right rate, there's nothing to worry abt our physical appearance. instead, we should be happy coz we wont have stretch mark if our tummy is smaller! :p

W.R.T. CL. If I am "interviewing" the CL, I would want to see if they will help in those "value added" services. of coz I would not expect them to help to clean my whole house la. but attitude is very important. I would not want to engage a CL who only come my house and watch tv other than taking care of my baby. the lady I engaged, she asked if I have a maid at home. when I said no, she said she don't mind helping to vacuum my living room, but she did mentioned its out of goodwill. for this I greatly appreciate her gesture. perhaps you may want to call a few more before deciding.

ah_mei_08

as for whether to engage a CL, I would strongly suggest you to get. you will need plenty of rest after delivery and how are you going to rest and take care of baby at the same time without help? not to mention people cooking confinement meals for you. however, if you do have help from inlaws or parents, perhaps you may revisit this idea. I also have friends whom their confinement was done by their parents/inlaws, that they regret. they would rather spend the money to engage a CL.

so it all depends on your preference. I am a first time mom, so above is just my personal opinion. hope it helps.

thanks for the encouragement. yes i get what you mean on the CL thing.
i didnt like her attitude i guess. can just tell me nicely what she will do out of good will. and not keep saying if baby got jauntis. to me, i don like it. i feel like she is cursing.

i am not showing much bb bump now.. so well. hopefully less stretch marks!

i cant fit in some bras and dresses already. and i am very lazy to go and shop for maternity clothes. they all look soooo not my style.
hopefully what i have now can last me for next few months.

i have friends who went to baby fair 2 weeks ago, the queue is super super long. luckily i din go as i don think there is anything for me to prepare now. they always say get the shopping done in the last trimester...

Hey mummy, wanna check if anyone has taken Chinese medicine during preg ? I'm 13 wks now, thinking of going to TCM to "Tiao" my body but dunno if its safe to do so now . Need advice. .

Hey mummy, wanna check if anyone has taken Chinese medicine during preg ? I'm 13 wks now, thinking of going to TCM to "Tiao" my body but dunno if its safe to do so now . Need advice. .

Hi, my friend see TCM when she's preggy, she shared with me that depend on individual body, some may not require, so you may want to check whether is a need.

I know gender today. gynae say a boy. I got first one boy second girl and boy again :)

Wow, congrats, i'm going for gynae check tomorrow, hopefully baby cooperate and will be able to know the gender. My 1st is girl. now is the 2nd, no matter what gender as long as is healthy more impt and i can close factory :p

I know gender today. gynae say a boy. I got first one boy second girl and boy again :)

Congrats, mummy.. I just visit my gynae but my baby not cooperative leh.. Cross legs plus sitting type. Gynae try his best to find the private part but tough.. According to my gynae most probably is girl cz can't see anything. Now I'm 17 weeks 5 days.. Final confirmation will be my next visit during my detailed scan. That time sure confirm the gender. My #1 is girl & now 2nd hoping for boy. But it's fine too if I got a girl. Then they got sisters.. Healthy is still the 1st.

Congrats, mummy.. I just visit my gynae but my baby not cooperative leh.. Cross legs plus sitting type. Gynae try his best to find the private part but tough.. According to my gynae most probably is girl cz can't see anything. Now I'm 17 weeks 5 days.. Final confirmation will be my next visit during my detailed scan. That time sure confirm the gender. My #1 is girl & now 2nd hoping for boy. But it's fine too if I got a girl. Then they got sisters.. Healthy is still the 1st.
My sister also just found out gender yesterday. Baby not cooperative. She only found out on her 5th month. Finally she got a girl. Her first is boy.

Wow, congrats, i'm going for gynae check tomorrow, hopefully baby cooperate and will be able to know the gender. My 1st is girl. now is the 2nd, no matter what gender as long as is healthy more impt and i can close factory :p
Ya shaine hope you can know gender soon! Gd luck.

Ya, my gynae also said on 5th mth which is during 20 weeks, detailed scan will be definitely cfm the gender.

I got sense that this might be boy cz diff from my #1 pregnancy. Appetite & body shape diff.. But turns out a girl. My gynae also mentioned that my baby quite big size as for now my baby weight is almost 300g & need to observe agn.
Anybody is having girl & end up is boy on next few visit? If I'm having a boy, then I can close shop liao.. Haha!

Wow angel .. Your bb really big ! Mine is a small bb, measuring only 9.99cm at week 16. Weight I think should be ard 100 g or so? No weight measurement given thought.

Mine most prob is girl.. #1 is also girl but I m closing shop after this #2.

Wow angel .. Your bb really big ! Mine is a small bb, measuring only 9.99cm at week 16. Weight I think should be ard 100 g or so? No weight measurement given thought.

Mine most prob is girl.. #1 is also girl but I m closing shop after this #2.

Mine also around 109mm & weight almost 300g at 17 weeks 5 days. I think yours shd be ard 250g. U may check with your gynae on your next routine check up.

Manage to find your baby gender yet? Or u guess is girl?

Hello all Oct 2014 mummies.. I am currently 18 weeks preggy with my 1st child & EDD is on 1st Oct.. Hehehe.. very new to this environment, just wanna say hi and hope to foster friendships for ourselves and our coming little ones to share experiences and be there for each other.. =) Just a little curious is there any FB group for Oct 2014 mummies ard?

Hello all Oct 2014 mummies.. I am currently 18 weeks preggy with my 1st child & EDD is on 1st Oct.. Hehehe.. very new to this environment, just wanna say hi and hope to foster friendships for ourselves and our coming little ones to share experiences and be there for each other.. =) Just a little curious is there any FB group for Oct 2014 mummies ard?

Welcome to motherhood.. I'm sure u are very excited with your #1 baby. My EDD is 2nd Oct, close to u. But I guess I will deliver earlier ard after mid Sep. My #1 I was earlier for 2 weeks from my EDD. Still healthy at the weight of 3.34kg..

I'm overall round, look so much like a barrel now at wk19
Had gained 4.5kg since day 1
But it's okay la, after birth then try hard to slim down la.
After all the sickening MS, can eat is so much better than cannot eat...

Although my appetite is different from my 1st & 2nd (crave for sweet stuff - both daughters) I still think I'm having a girl. Now I like salty & sour food.

Bra are pretty tight already, tee shirt are too short for belly now. Had been in my maternity shorts since week 10

Tonight can feel baby strong movement for a good 5mins... actually already felt the movement about 3 weeks ago but very quick and light. Always smiling to myself when baby kick, haha, it's kind of assurance to me that baby is 'communicating' with me telling me that he/she is happy...

Last edited:
Hi Agaga, are you able to know your baby gender yet? Or still waiting for your next routine check up with your gynae to cfm?

I'm also craving more to salty & sour food. Less MS in this #2 pregnancy. Thought I'm having boy but I just done my check up on 17 weeks 5 days & gynae said can't see clearly as my baby no cooperative & cross legs. Tried hard to find but can't see anything so gynae said most probably is girl. Little bit of disappointed.. As we are hoping for a boy then close shop liao.. Hehe! My next check up will be on 20 weeks. Hopefully by that time can get a confirm answer.

Any mummies experience changes of gender during scanning? How does it happen?

Agaga, this is my first... can feel the kick during week 16 already??
I dont feel anything yet.. im excited to experience his/her first move.. hehhehhehe

When will we be able to feel baby first movement? Im going to be 18wks.. i feel a bit worried nt able to feel baby movement yet..

Normally u can start feel baby movement on 16 weeks onwards based on what my gynae told me. For 1st time mummy, normally will only feel the kicks after 20 weeks..

I'm having my #2 now & I can feel the movement on 16 weeks plus too. Don't be anxious.. U may try half lying down on sofa & relax while watch tv. U will soon feel their 1st movements..

I am at week 16..also have not feel any movement. This is my #3 so I thought should be earlier I can feel. Hee. I gain ard 4.5kg till now. ;)

I am at week 16..also have not feel any movement. This is my #3 so I thought should be earlier I can feel. Hee. I gain ard 4.5kg till now. ;)

No worries.. Still early to tell now. But I guess soon u will feel your baby movement instead of kick 1st. I'm at 18 weeks now, so far gain 3.6kg too..

Countdown for my next routine check up at 20 weeks detailed scan. Hopefully can cfm the gender. Excited..

No worries.. Still early to tell now. But I guess soon u will feel your baby movement instead of kick 1st. I'm at 18 weeks now, so far gain 3.6kg too..

Countdown for my next routine check up at 20 weeks detailed scan. Hopefully can cfm the gender. Excited..

@angel_loi

Doctor doesn't want to confirm but as what I see is girl since nothing protrude out. Anyway will still close shop if girl. Hubby prefer daughter than son...lol

But still got to wait for next 2week detail scan then can be 100% sure.

I hope for a boy when trying to conceive but I try to stay in neutral thought cos don't want to be disappointed later :)

@agaga

Actually my gynae also do not want to say anything but he saw both me & husband so excited to know. So, he just roughly hint me be prepared is girl cz can't see anything with cross legs. Furthermore, girl always take longer time to confirm.

When is your next appt? Hope we got good news. Look forward to it..

No matter what, after all we still love our own baby. God bless for healthy baby..

@verine22

I only feel my #1 around wk22 , #2 at wk15 , #3 at wk16
I think the movement/kick of the foetus is depends on the position

My friend is very skinny and when she's preg at 5mths her tummy is flat and can't feel the movement also, she can even rest on her tummy during sleeping. So I guess her baby positioned at the 'inner' of her womb... (haha sorry for my explanation, hope you won't get confuse)

@lervia

Don't worry too much especially if this is your 1st baby. I totally understand how anxious it can be for first time mum-to-be. Before feeling the baby movement, I still talk to my baby in my tummy and get my hubby and daughters to kiss my belly telling him/her we love you baby..

@angel_loi

My next appt is on 12May, detail scan on 19May. Am actually very excited to go for scanning cos can see how much this little buddy grown. It's very assurance to see the ultrascan 'photo' given by gynae, I'll always hold it and keep smiling almost the whole day after leaving the clinic. Silly me ;)

Angel_loi you will get to know the gender of your baby de... I dont want gain so much..try to control my diet but I know at this time we must eat and give baby nutritions ;))

@agaga

My next scan is also on 12 May which is detailed scan. But I was only 19 weeks 4 days. Would it be fine? Or must be exact 20 weeks?

My last visit forgot to take pic from my gynae. Coming back just realized it.. So sad! Cz almost everyday I will look at the picture too.

@mama_joanne

Your #3 must be playing hide and seek from you...lol
I guess you'll feel him/her very soon, maybe tonight when you are lying down, a super kick will follow.

Don't know is it becos 3rd one le, tummy very stretched already so now I become like a barrel at only 19wks. Can't imaging how huge I'll become in the 3rd trimester...

@mama_joanne

My #1 pregnancy I gain 26kg which really a big size & that time my gynae is worries too but I can't control. Now my appetite lesser.. So far gain 3.6kg which consider good le loh..

@angel_loi

To my knowledge, detail scan can be done at week18 -22 I think. Don't worry if it's the clinic who did this arrangement for you.. Mine will be done at wk21 this round...

@agaga

My gynae asked me to go back for detailed scan at 20 weeks but that day my hubby not free. So, end up good date for us is 12 May which is 3 days earlier. I think shd be ok ba..

@mama_joanne

Your #3 must be playing hide and seek from you...lol
I guess you'll feel him/her very soon, maybe tonight when you are lying down, a super kick will follow.

Don't know is it becos 3rd one le, tummy very stretched already so now I become like a barrel at only 19wks. Can't imaging how huge I'll become in the 3rd trimester...
Haha ya maybe so... my 3rd one is smaller than second. My #2 I gain total of 25kg. Very horrible haha. I ate almost every 2hr or so...and I was hospitalised for a mth in hosp before c sec. This one I hope I only gain the most 15kg. ;))

Most impt is baby healthy. ;))

@mama_joanne

Now my gynae give me target max at 10kg but I think it's tough.. Haha! I really hope don't over 12kg too..
Wa ur gynae so good still give u target. My gynae din say anything about my weight. I hope to gain as little as possible. Ya my friend of mine only gain 7kg at her 32 weeks. She eats mostly vegetables and fruits, not much meat. Her gynae also watch her diet closely. She say eat lesser carbo... I trying to keep up to it. Hee

@mama_joanne

Maybe my gynae is shocked on my 1st pregnancy when I gain 26kg. So, this time he tried to give me target.. Lol!

This round I really don't have much appetite & choose food instead. Can't eat too much at 1 time..

Back