(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

What is the ideal weight gain ? I'm at my 14th weeks been eating alot n hv already gained 1.2kg..

What is the ideal weight gain ? I'm at my 14th weeks been eating alot n hv already gained 1.2kg..

Depends on individual.. Some petite types might only gain weight up to 8kg during whole pregnancy. As long as baby is healthy then it's fine. Your gynae will check your baby weight every of your visit to make sure he/she is growing well.. No worries ya!

Ya shaine hope you can know gender soon! Gd luck.

LOL... my #1 is a girl.. and on wed my gynae just confirmed my #2 is also a girl :)
My #1 is so excited that she's having meimei.. and been busy packing her clothes saying wana pass to her meimei... haha but they will be having almost 5yrs gap when i delivered... so we're teasing her that she just want new clothes and toy :p

Regards to weight gain.. my gynae shared with me that it's between 8 to 15kg as ideal... my 1st one i gained 18kg and my #1 did not "pack her barang aka my fats" with her when delivered so i had a hard time to shred that time... Hopefully this time round i'm able to control and gain not too much ... :D

Regards to weight gain.. my gynae shared with me that it's between 8 to 15kg as ideal... my 1st one i gained 18kg and my #1 did not "pack her barang aka my fats" with her when delivered so i had a hard time to shred that time... Hopefully this time round i'm able to control and gain not too much ... :D
But is it normal to feel hungry every 2-3 hours ?

Had been suffering from heartburn these few days. The pain is quite unbearable especially in my ears. I started to feel the ache at my chest then my throat follow by right ear. Today worse, nose also pain. Will try antacid tmr if persists.

I also suffer from heartburn. Gaviscon works quite well for me. I try to avoid sour stuff like tomatoes vinegar and fruits. Also try to have your meals on time when you feel hungry. Hope u get better!

@Alyssaria

Oh so hunger is part of the cause.. really can't help it to make it on time for meal sometimes.. can really get very hungry in between meals in a very short time nowadays.. haha

@Maggietan

Dr. had precribed Chlorphenamine for my runny nose, then I asked for another type so he gave Zytec-D

Hope this info help. Drink more water and rest more. My last flu lasted for a week during wk17

@Maggietan

I used nasal spray and Neil med sinus rinse all bought from pharmacy. My gynae says these are local treatment which is considered very safe for pregnancy. But you should still see the doctor for meds if u develop fever or difficulty breathing. My flu also lasted for a week b4 it cleared. Get well soon!

@agaga

Ya I know what u mean, for me when I get hungry it's also very sudden without warning. Hence I still get heartburn if I wait too long to eat.

Anyone still having nausea or MS in second tri? I m at week 14 coming week 15 and still feeling nauseous n tired :( so scared it will last throughout my pregnancy

@Alyssaria

I can totally understand how u feel. I'm at week 16 and still puking daily. To a point I have to be admitted for drips. Super afraid this doesn't go away.. but i think this MS thing is really unpredictable. Hope our MS will go away soon. Hang in there!

@natalietotally

Yes let's hang in there! I do have friends that had theirs go away only at week 20 but majority of them felt better at week 12/13 so it's quite a bummer when I tell them I m still miserable n can't join them for late night gatherings cos my ms is worst at night. Agree the MS is very unpredictable too

Does anyone constantly feel nauseous but no puke comes out? I'm 15w but still feeling this way. Feels really bad when I cannot puke anything out :( Appetite started decreasing at 13+w too. Anyone has a remedy for the nausea? I've tried eating bananas after what I read but it doesn't work.

For those with MS, maybe can try honey lemon... i tried n it do wk quite well for me... press on..

@agaga & natalietotally

Thanks for ur suggestions. I had lots of water and took vitaminc c with a lot of rest and it seems to be better. Will monitor.

For mummies with MS, agree that keeping the stomach not empty helps. so try to have many small meals or bites in between the normal meals. I also have MS at night and by having small bites it helps.

Thanks mummies for the suggestions. Actually I m just curious, how is the improvement suppose to feel like in the second tri? Will u still feel nauseous if u don't eat on time etc? Or it's just the urge to vomit is gone? Appetite better can eat more etc? Cos for me I feel exactly the same as first tri n in fact more tired nowadays. I didn't really puke in first tri but was constantly nauseous and had bad food aversions

For me 1st tri appetite is nt good.. feel nausea and tired... both #1 and current pregnancy kinda of the same.. nkw 2nd tri.. no mlre nausea , able to take in more small meals but still feel tired... probably my work required full day staring on laptop...

Nv keep stomach empty... even sweet/ chocolate help to mk u feel comfortable... so alway keep small snacks in the bag

@BunnyHorse

My last check up is 17 weeks 5 days. Gynae unable to confirm the gender yet.. Baby not cooperative & cross legs. As per my gynae, most probably is girl as he can't spot anything & normally girl takes longer time to cfm compare with boy. This is my #2 & hoping for boy then can close shop liao.. Haha! Girl is good too as they are most close to parents, sweet! Most important is they are healthy.. :)

What about yours? Able to know the gender?

@BunnyHorse

My last check up is 17 weeks 5 days. Gynae unable to confirm the gender yet.. Baby not cooperative & cross legs. As per my gynae, most probably is girl as he can't spot anything & normally girl takes longer time to cfm compare with boy. This is my #2 & hoping for boy then can close shop liao.. Haha! Girl is good too as they are most close to parents, sweet! Most important is they are healthy.. :)

What about yours? Able to know the gender?
I know Baby's gender when I'm 16 weeks. It's a boy!!! Ya I heard from my friends saying then girl will takes longer time. Yes health is more important. Next check up with be another 2 weeks.

Weather is super hot these few days, those doing confinement now must be suffering. Luckily I'm okay with plain water already and drinking tonnes of it. Can't really stand the taste of water during 1st trimester. Had been drinking all sorts of fresh fruit juice also. The heat is killing!!

Get more nutrition food & drink more water.. The weather is so bad now. Going crazy in this hot weather!

Yeah, better not take too much 'liang' stuff. One of my aunties told me her story of how she drank some fruit juice everyday during her pregnancy cos she wanted her child to have beautiful skin. But when baby was born, it was difficult to look after the child cos everytime he drank milk, he'll vomit out and keep crying. All doc can advise was don't make baby cry! So she went to consult tcm and the doc asked her what she consumed during pregnancy. The baby's health and body is affected by that... Took a while of tcm to 'tiao' the baby's health back.

Yes I agree to eat in moderation.Esp for me my mum is the one taking care of my kids so she will nag at me when I preg. For all my preg till now I don't drink cold drinks or eat Liang food. Mum say better listen to her then be sorry haa. So I endure throughout. But true enough my first 2 kids hardly sick. My daughter 2 years old only so far sick once. Every injection she has no fever or any discomfort, she will be as per normal. My son also the same, doctor say they very tough and strong immune system. So we must endure for baby sake. My sister now also don't take cold drink for her second preg. Her first son was always sick and go hospital often. So now she listen to my mum. ;)) we can endure de. Jia you!!!

Yeah ladies, can only take in moderation. My body is the very easily heaty type esp with all the multivitamin etc hence my gynae allow me to take some water melon, but not all is able to take. Very much depend on individual body. Also the water melon or fruit juice try not to consume directly from fridge and must be freshly cut, don't keep it open or in the fridge for too long.
Agreed with mama-joanne, don't drink too much cold drink.. warm water really help during pregnancy. I breastfeed for my #1 and true enough my child is stronger compare to surrounding friend who don't... so i strongly encourage all mummy to endure and try to bf too after delivery...

by the way, wat is the facebook's grp page? i requested to be add in but so far never heard anything leh...

SMF.jpg

Hi ladies and MTB, i realised the members in the thread are expanding, so i'm thinking of keeping a list so that all mummies/MTB will be able to know each other better, and probably we can arrange some small gathering/ meetup session for mummies staying same area too... hereby keeping the ball rolling... do PM me your details if you're keen to be added in the list, cheers.

Feel free to let me know if you ladies wana add any other information in the list, i will avoid contact detail due to privacy ya...

Yes, I ever heard can't eat too "Liang" food during pregnancy. But still can take in moderate means maybe only once a week.

For me I will still drink 1 cup of cold water (maybe milo, orange juice..) I don't take high sugar or drink with gas. That's to reduce our body heat & won't harm to baby as per my mom. Last time my mom was a staff nurse at hospital who assist gynae too. Was told baby health majority is what you feed them & environment of how you taking care. My mom is more to "ang moh" style.. Haha! She always told me don't over sensitive of food & most important is stay relax & happy during pregnant.

View attachment 279408

Hi ladies and MTB, i realised the members in the thread are expanding, so i'm thinking of keeping a list so that all mummies/MTB will be able to know each other better, and probably we can arrange some small gathering/ meetup session for mummies staying same area too... hereby keeping the ball rolling... do PM me your details if you're keen to be added in the list, cheers.

Feel free to let me know if you ladies wana add any other information in the list, i will avoid contact detail due to privacy ya...

There is a list in the Facebook group...

@twinkle5stars

I think quite a few of us have requested to be added in the fb group but haven't received a reply or add. Would u be able to add us?

Think I'm going down with flu and fever, any mummy have advise on what to do to avoid getting sick ?

Back