(2014/09) September 2014

Hi everyone,
wow... I am surprised forums are so popular these days. Received many info from so many experienced mummies. Thank You :)
I am also a Sep mummy and very new to chatting in forum. My EDD is 8th Sep'14, 1st time mummy.
Think I am going to enjoy chatting at this forum.

Hi sweetmadness, can you also add me in fb group? My email address: [email protected]
Thanks dear :p
Hi sweetmadness,
Please add me. My email address is [email protected]. thanks!

Added both of you. Do look out for an email invite (may be in spam/junk folder) :)

I'm sticking just constantly putting bits of food in my mouth over period of time if I can. It's the build-up of saliva that drives me to nausea, so I munch POST cereal, that's how I managed my no.1 pregnancy. The old wives tale of sour plums etc does nothing different, so I'm just sticking with a variety of food and fruits I can find. It may come back up later, but better than throwing up an empty stomach. I seem to have kept my bowl of bak ku teh intact in the tummy, so that's nice today, although at any time I had to control the nausea.

For drugs, I got prescribed Ondansetron/Zofran (another name) for bad nausea (it blocks serotonin which causes vomiting, used for controlling nausea for chemo), but under controlled dosage. I use it for really bad days when I'm throwing up a lot of water, or my food intake has been reduced to 1 meal worth for the day. It meant to be a prevention to extreme situation of ending in the hospital for a drip. I'm limiting the use of drugs if possible, because I think there is still limited studies on the long term effects of drugs treating nausea on pregnancy. If you care to educate/scare yourself on drugs for nausea, long term studies on such drugs on pregnant women is pretty negative about birth defects, so rather don't play play, and don't exceed prescribed dosage.

Ah. I can't seem to want to eat anything. Maybe I will try just taking really small meals.
Good thing is that I am not throwing up, just feel like my food since yday has not been digested.

Anyway thanks ladies!

i have been throwing up for the past two weeks, cant eat much.
worst thing is from my last check up my gync detected slight sugar in my urine.
hope to pass first trim soon

Hello all! I'm so glad that I'm now able to post in this thread. I'm 8 weeks along and went for my first gynae appointment 2 days back. I'm expecting #2 and didn't dare post here earlier as I went through 2 mcs last year.

Hi Cherish523, my EDD's also on 29 Sept :)

Ah. I can't seem to want to eat anything. Maybe I will try just taking really small meals.
Good thing is that I am not throwing up, just feel like my food since yday has not been digested.

Anyway thanks ladies!

Try eating lighter e.g. salad with caesar dressing and eat more fruits and sucking on peppermint hard candies... this works for me for my 3rd/current pregnancy... Since u havent puke up, maybe you can try ginger tea... works for those others who i know have nausea but not puking

I couldn't drink anything without puking back up so i eat lots of fruits to get hydrated... i was advised and given zofran prescription to purchase over kkh pharmacy as the prescription cost 3 times the price at where im seeing my gynae... i havent went to get it yet but i heard this pill is very expensive... can anyone share the cost?

Yeah I have been eating more fruits. Sometimes I just eat fruits for lunch cos I can't eat anything.
But the general doctor (went to get mc) told me tt I shdnt take fruits on empty stomach also. So..... I just eat lesser.
But night time is very bad.

Nylek
Try eating lighter e.g. salad with caesar dressing and eat more fruits and sucking on peppermint hard candies... this works for me for my 3rd/current pregnancy... Since u havent puke up, maybe you can try ginger tea... works for those others who i know have nausea but not puking

I couldn't drink anything without puking back up so i eat lots of fruits to get hydrated... i was advised and given zofran prescription to purchase over kkh pharmacy as the prescription cost 3 times the price at where im seeing my gynae... i havent went to get it yet but i heard this pill is very expensive... can anyone share the cost?
Zofran is another name for the same drug as I quoted earlier, ard $5 a pop, 8mg/pill, even at distributor/pharma cost it's still expensive, less but not by much. It's a controlled drug, so will need prescription to buy over the counter.

Hi all, I jus found out last wk that I am expecting my no. 3. I was moving house so I thought my period was delayed due to stress. It's a unexpected and pleasant surprise for me n my hubby. My edd is on 23rd Sep. Nice to meet all of u.

Reactions: Xp
Hi all mummies

Has anyone of you done any ultrasound scan on 21 Feb 2014 of your baby?
I need some help from the mummies here. Its very urgent n i hope u all can help me. Or any ultrasound scan tat u hav when your babies is about 8-9 weeks old? Please. Thanks

Dear all mummies

I would really appreciate if u can send me a copy of ur scan via email or whatsapp urgently. My email address is [email protected]

Hi the little things in life

I have PM you my contact num. can you send me your scan to my hp num or via email address? Let me know if u did not receive my PM

Thanks

Dear all mummies-to-be & experienced mums!

I'm new here! My EDD is 23 Sep and this is my 1st pregnancy. Very excited but worrying at the same time. I worry literally about everything! Haha......

My hb told me about this forum and suggest we should be here to share our updates and also learn from everyone here! I know nuts about pregnancy! Trying to read up more now too! :D

Hi CONGRATS to Mums to be !!!
can i check ... ...

1) anyone here conceived aft taking TCM medicine?
2) which TCM and where did u see TCM?
3) How long did u conceive aft seeing TCM?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all.... Can add me in FB? My email is [email protected]
My edd is 20 sep 14. Currently in my 10th week n I jus realize I'm pregnant a few days ago... Coz it's my first. Kinda inexperience.

The symptoms of bloated ness n my taste bud feel bland.... Is killing me!

yeah..... the $19.90 gadget bought from Guardian Pharmacy works well.
( I think its having promotion now... the clearblue digital test kit)

Pregnant : +3
so should be 5 weeks plus liao....

going Dr Benjamin Tham soon.

Hi snu,

Im also seeing Dr Ben Tham. Is this ur #1 or #2?

hello future mommies :D

my edd is on 18 september 14! kind of excited and scared! cant wait for the 12 weeks scan ;)

Hi Sweetmadness,

My Edd is 02 Sept. Can you please add me to the fb group? Thks

My email is [email protected]
Hi All September Mummies,

My edd is 19 Sept and would like to be added to the FB group.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks a million...!!!

All added, do look out for an email invite (may be in spam/junk/other folder) :)

Germaine Chow, I wasn't sure if you were asking to be added to the group as I saw you posted in many other 2014 groups as well. Do let me know if that wasn't your intention and I will remove you from the group. Thanks!

Hello all mummies/mummies to be,

I am sort of in a dilemma. I have a group of frds who are in different phase of life, and one who is getting married. A hens party is organized.. and some activities includes drinking, thai disco etc. U can imagine.
As I am only in my 9th week, I don't intend to tell them anything yet cos I really don't wanna take any risks.
I am a 2012 bride. I took more than a year TTC-ing and finally got pregnant now with SO-IUI. So I really wanna be safe.

Sigh. How shd I excuse myself from the crazy night? Given that I wld be 14 weeks on the hens night?

Oh. And not forgetting within the group, there is one who got pregnant accidentally and continued drinking like crazy when she's in her early pregnancy. (Cos she didn't know) and she is alr 20+ weeks now. I suppose they wld compare her and me and probably say I am a scaredy cat.

Hello all!

Expecting my #2 n its 12 weeks now! Ms almost over!! Yay!! Edd 8 sep. Cant wait to know e gender of e bb! Having bad pimple outbreak n dis bb is defintely hvin diff symptoms as my first boy!!

Can add me into e fb grp? [email protected]

Hello all mummies/mummies to be,

I am sort of in a dilemma. I have a group of frds who are in different phase of life, and one who is getting married. A hens party is organized.. and some activities includes drinking, thai disco etc. U can imagine.
As I am only in my 9th week, I don't intend to tell them anything yet cos I really don't wanna take any risks.
I am a 2012 bride. I took more than a year TTC-ing and finally got pregnant now with SO-IUI. So I really wanna be safe.

Sigh. How shd I excuse myself from the crazy night? Given that I wld be 14 weeks on the hens night?

How about pretend ure not well tt day and tell the girls u will go out w them for hi tea session after?

Hihi...
First time mom here...EDD 20th Sept

Can add in Fb grp? [email protected]
Hello!

Im first time mummy here... Edd 15sep.

Now in my 11 weeks..

Can add me in the fb grp? [email protected]
Hello all!

Expecting my #2 n its 12 weeks now! Ms almost over!! Yay!! Edd 8 sep. Cant wait to know e gender of e bb! Having bad pimple outbreak n dis bb is defintely hvin diff symptoms as my first boy!!

Can add me into e fb grp? [email protected]
Hi mummies! Im new here :)
my edd is 24th Sep!
Pls add me to the facebook group! Thank you
[email protected]

All added, do look out for an email invite (may be in junk/spam/other folder) :)

Oh. And not forgetting within the group, there is one who got pregnant accidentally and continued drinking like crazy when she's in her early pregnancy. (Cos she didn't know) and she is alr 20+ weeks now. I suppose they wld compare her and me and probably say I am a scaredy cat.

Are you close to this group of friends? If so, might consider telling them how you feel and about your pregnancy after 12 weeks (2 weeks before the hens night).. If not, just agree to go but turn them down a few days before to say you are ill?

If they are your true friends, they will understand :)

Back