(2014/09) September 2014

yo sweetmadness, my wife and i are expecting our #1.. EDD 1st sept.. now on the 5th week.. oh yea, I'm a dude.. haha.. I'm more excited than my wife till i sign up for this forum.. lol.. whose ur gynae?

Hi! Finally another Sept edd, guess most others haven't found out about their pregnancies yet :p

Great that you're an excited father-to-be!

I'm expecting #2 now and going back to my previous gynae, Dr Chris Chong. Have you and your wife chosen a gynae yet?

Hi! Finally another Sept edd, guess most others haven't found out about their pregnancies yet :p

Great that you're an excited father-to-be!

I'm expecting #2 now and going back to my previous gynae, Dr Chris Chong. Have you and your wife chosen a gynae yet?

Haha.. I am super super excited! :)

Oh congrats on your second pregnancy.. Guess ur an experience person to ask for if I have any doubts yea?
Already chose the gynae, dr Adrian woodworth, Cck Thomson clinic.. I will sign up for his package the next time my wife will be seeing him. On the 21st.. It will be 8 weeks den.. Any questions i shud ask the gynae? Or anything to look out for during the next appt?

which hospital will u be delivering at? :)

Haha.. I am super super excited! :)

Oh congrats on your second pregnancy.. Guess ur an experience person to ask for if I have any doubts yea?
Already chose the gynae, dr Adrian woodworth, Cck Thomson clinic.. I will sign up for his package the next time my wife will be seeing him. On the 21st.. It will be 8 weeks den.. Any questions i shud ask the gynae? Or anything to look out for during the next appt?

which hospital will u be delivering at? :)

Yeah it's a really exciting time! It's my second one but I'm just as excited as the first :)

At 8 weeks, the gynae will probably show you the heartbeat I think. You can ask your gynae about the various tests if you and your wife want to take them.

For me, I did ask my gynae during my first pregnancy on why he didn't ask me to take certain tests that I've read about or heard others taking and he said the fewer tests the better so I just let it be. Other than that, my hubby and I seldom asked the gynae questions until I was full term then we started asking/discussing about the delivery process and related stuff.

I'll be delivering #2 at the same hospital as #1 - Mount Elizabeth Hospital. How about you and your wife?

hello!

i am expecting my #3. my due date should be around 5 september based on online calculators. this #3 is unplanned but not unwanted. i have not done any tests but my symptoms are as clear as day that i am expecting now.

i am not sure about the two of you but the first trimester is making me somewhat miserable. then again, first trimesters with my #1 & #2 made me miserable. the constant gagging and the nausea and the fatigue. then there's the sensitivity to smells. and food aversion. and feeling like crud. ooohhhh... i'm only 5 weeks along and i know the next 9 weeks will crawl by so slowly. can't wait to enter the 16th week. that's when i will feel almost back to normal.

i told myself to count my blessings. i googled other whiny first trimester moms and i am grateful that i am not in their situations. at least i'm not a homeschooling mother of 7. imagine how the homeschool has to take a backseat with the mother being out of commission for 3 months or so. grateful also that i am not living in some third world country where sanitation is poor. now, will quit whinging for a while and go back to life.

thanks for reading about my misery here.

Yeah it's a really exciting time! It's my second one but I'm just as excited as the first :)

At 8 weeks, the gynae will probably show you the heartbeat I think. You can ask your gynae about the various tests if you and your wife want to take them.

For me, I did ask my gynae during my first pregnancy on why he didn't ask me to take certain tests that I've read about or heard others taking and he said the fewer tests the better so I just let it be. Other than that, my hubby and I seldom asked the gynae questions until I was full term then we started asking/discussing about the delivery process and related stuff.

I'll be delivering #2 at the same hospital as #1 - Mount Elizabeth Hospital. How about you and your wife?

Ok, heartbeat ya? How exciting! Haha.. Thanks for all the advice u gave.. Now my wife is suffering from cravings. Late night supper almost each and every day and she tends to get tired more often nowadays.. Guess it's normal right?

Contemplating on either Thomson or mt alvernia as dr woodworth is at these 2 hospitals.. Not sure yet.. We are an inter racial couple so ya, mt alvernia is a catholic or Christian hospital right? Both hospitals has good n bad reviews so till now we are still considering..

hello!

i am expecting my #3. my due date should be around 5 september based on online calculators. this #3 is unplanned but not unwanted. i have not done any tests but my symptoms are as clear as day that i am expecting now.

i am not sure about the two of you but the first trimester is making me somewhat miserable. then again, first trimesters with my #1 & #2 made me miserable. the constant gagging and the nausea and the fatigue. then there's the sensitivity to smells. and food aversion. and feeling like crud. ooohhhh... i'm only 5 weeks along and i know the next 9 weeks will crawl by so slowly. can't wait to enter the 16th week. that's when i will feel almost back to normal.

i told myself to count my blessings. i googled other whiny first trimester moms and i am grateful that i am not in their situations. at least i'm not a homeschooling mother of 7. imagine how the homeschool has to take a backseat with the mother being out of commission for 3 months or so. grateful also that i am not living in some third world country where sanitation is poor. now, will quit whinging for a while and go back to life.

thanks for reading about my misery here.

Hello there! Hang in there! U will be just fine yea.. Ain't a misery, count it as a blessing in disguise sister.. :)

Hi everyone! My edd is around 8 Sep. It's my #1. Went for u/s scan yesterday but it didn't pick up anything. Guess it's too early to scan.. but HCG in blood test is normal, so I'm still staying positive! Had a m/c last year, hope everything goes well for this one!

Ok, heartbeat ya? How exciting! Haha.. Thanks for all the advice u gave.. Now my wife is suffering from cravings. Late night supper almost each and every day and she tends to get tired more often nowadays.. Guess it's normal right?

Yes. By 8 weeks, you will be able to see the heartbeat clearly. In fact, I remember seeing my #1's heartbeat at 6 weeks when i was admitted to the hospital for dehydration (thanks to my severe morning sickness).

And fatigue is part of the first trimester woes. I sleep by 9pm these days and wake up at 5.30am, then give my stomach 10 minutes to settle down, and slowly make my way to the kitchen for half a glass of warm milk.

I'm trying to be positive. I tell myself that my body is doing magical stuff now and that's why I have to suffer a bit. But I wonder why, in this day and age, scientists still have not found a cure for morning sickness! Surely there's a magic pill we can swallow so that the magical stuff can continue to take place inside our bodies while we still go on with life without this horrible all-day sickness!

Hi everyone! My edd is around 8 Sep. It's my #1. Went for u/s scan yesterday but it didn't pick up anything. Guess it's too early to scan.. but HCG in blood test is normal, so I'm still staying positive! Had a m/c last year, hope everything goes well for this one!

Hi Yearling,

May I know where you went for your u/s scan? I had 2 m/c so far too so I want to take precautions early. I'm going to see my gynae at KK Hospital and as far as I know, KKH will always schedule the first appointment on week 8.

Hello all Sep14 Mummy and Daddy.... I just tested positive on Sunday. It's my #1! EDD 12 Sep 14 according to online calculator.... Dont feel much morning sickness yet(not so soon??) Just feel kind of sleepy! Seeing Obs next thurs! *excited*

Hey everyone, JTS about this place I went to for pre natal massages, she's very very good. Got strength (and not those who are like kinda scared to touch pregnant ladies).
smile.png

Review is here: Pre Natal Body Massage at Nouri Face & Body Concepts | NGJUANN.COM

The highlight is that she is having a 1 for 1 deal now. So each 60 mins massage goes for $98... that means $98 for 2 sessions now. Quite a good deal imho.
smile.png

Another Sept 14 mummy here! EDD 9th Sept 14, est 6wks pregnant now :) Visiting my OBS this coming saturday. It's my #2 & i'm equally excited about it. May god bless all well & fine :)

Ooh quite a number of sept edd now :)

I had my first u/s scan on 4th January and my gynae could only see the sac. He also couldn't calculate the edd yet as me breastfeeding #1 stopped my menstrual cycle completely till this egg! My next gynae appointment will be on 18th January to check on the progress - can't wait!

Hi Yearling,

May I know where you went for your u/s scan? I had 2 m/c so far too so I want to take precautions early. I'm going to see my gynae at KK Hospital and as far as I know, KKH will always schedule the first appointment on week 8.

Hi telly, I went to see Dr Paul Tseng at TMC. Scanned at 5w2d, expecting to see sac, but saw nothing. Dr said might be late conception, asked me to scan 2 weeks later. Told him about previous m/c and he prescribed some duphaston.

Hi all,

I tested positive on monday, currently 4wks4days but spotting. Saw obgyne earlier this afternoon to rule out ectopic preg. Good thing its not and still early to see the little bean. Since im having cramps and spotting, doctor is treating my spotting as threatened miscarriage and put me on duphastan and uterine relaxant. I also did a hcg blood test and to repeat one next week jus to make sure hcg will increase. Im abit worried though because my hcg as of today is a little on the low side at 322. Any mommies had their hcg levels?

Hi. EDD 8-14th Sept. Currently at 4+ weeks. Age 35 next mth. :(
Had a MC 6 mths back at week 7. Kind of worried.
Intend to see a gynae at week 8. Most gynae only allow appt after 12 weeks. Extremely tired & having sudden snaps of ms.
Anyone seen East Shore Dr Heng Tun Lan?

Last edited:
Hi. EDD 8-14th Sept. Currently at 4+ weeks. Age 35 next mth. :(
Had a MC 6 mths back at week 7. Kind of worried.
Intend to see a gynae at week 8. Most gynae only allow appt after 12 weeks. Extremely tired & having sudden snaps of ms.
Anyone seen East Shore Dr Heng Tun Lan?

Hi, you can make appt with your selected gynae @ wk7-8. No need wait till wk12.

Hi, juz bfp today & it's my #2, should be 4wk5d as of today & Edd 12Sep. Already made appt with my previous gynae (Benjamin Tham from TMC) but only able to see him @ 7wk. Can't wait!!

Hi, juz bfp today & it's my #2, should be 4wk5d as of today & Edd 12Sep. Already made appt with my previous gynae (Benjamin Tham from TMC) but only able to see him @ 7wk. Can't wait!!
Intend to visit the nearest gynae at week 7, which I was rushed to during mc. He is more flexible on early checkup but I'm not comfortable with male. Just want to ensure everything is going well.

Lots of rest during 1st trimester is good?
Does the package from 12 weeks onwards include test (OSCAR...)?

Looks like the sept baby mummies are all reporting in here slowly.. Haha.. Awesome!!! Looks like I'm the only guy here but I'm sure if I have any questions, i can get an answer here.. Yup, my wife seems to tire faster these few days but she doesn't have any morning sickness.(as of now)

Hopefully she will be this way throughout.. Cross fingers! :)

Lots of rest during 1st trimester is good?
Does the package from 12 weeks onwards include test (OSCAR...)?

Yes lots of rest is definitely good. This will be your #1? :)

It's best to check with your gynae on the package he/she offers as it differs from gynae to gynae and also differs for individual patients.

For my gynae, I only got the package at week 16-17 for #1 and I think it only included standard consultations, u/s scans and urine tests. I didn't have to take any additional tests other than a blood test around week 16-17 if my memory doesn't fail me.

My #1. My husband tell me to exercise but am skeptical abt it. I still suspect my mc is due to new job and climb up 8 flight of stairs for a week. I am playing safe and moving like a sloth now.

My #1. My husband tell me to exercise but am skeptical abt it. I still suspect my mc is due to new job and climb up 8 flight of stairs for a week. I am playing safe and moving like a sloth now.

Idea is not to change your pre-pregnancy activity level. If you used to run a lot, you probably can continue. But if you are sedentary like me, better take it easy.

To help support pregnancy in first trimester, consider nightly foot soaks in hot water before you sleep. Keep adding hot water every 10 minutes so you can soak your feet for up to 30min. And wear indoor shoes if your flooring is marble. Some ladies also swear by wearing socks to sleep. Idea is keep body warm, improve blood circulation to womb.

And of course, consider acupuncture in first trimester to support pregnancy. If need be, you can ask for progesterone pills from gynae.

You can do many things to support pregnancy. But I find that many lucky ladies who conceived naturally are often times most clueless. Do google up or read up the forums. Good luck!

Hello! I just tested positive with a faint line this morning. pray pray it will go darker and I can continue to be in this group. Although this is my #2, I'm as excited too and hb was over the moon.

Moo moo
My gyne told me no exercise and prefably no stairs. If stairs are unavoidable, then climb very slowly. Im also moving and walking very slowly. Hopefully the spotting will stop soon.

Need to clarify.
Weeks calculation is based on 1st day of last menses? I have LMP and conception dates. Which one should I based on? Android apps show 3 different EDD. Need to get the weeks right for my u/s.

Thanks sweetmadness & mooo!

I see a father-to-be here too! very enthusiatic father!

Hi Mooo, better play safe and rest all you can. avoid strainous exercise too!

Need to clarify.
Weeks calculation is based on 1st day of last menses? I have LMP and conception dates. Which one should I based on? Android apps show 3 different EDD. Need to get the weeks right for my u/s.

Yes, it should be based on 1st day of last menses. Do you know your cycle? if so they usually include your cycle period to count conception date.
eg. LMP 1 Jan
Ovulation date : 20 Jan (instead of the usual 14 days)
tested positive on 4 Feb (14 days later)

So as at 20 Jan, u are 2 weeks even if LMP is 1 Jan (20 days)
as at 4 Feb, u are 4 weeks

ermm... am i confusing u?

Hi ladies! just done with my first scan at 5+ weeks, EDD 5 sept. could see the gestational sac and yolk sac. going back in 2 weeks and expecting to see embryo and heartbeat. this is our #1, hubby and I are very excited! hope everything goes well for everyone!

Need to clarify.

Hi mooo,

Most obgyne will base on lmp because not everyone tracks their cycle to be sure of their ovulation dates. Hence itd better to base on lmp. If base on conception date, its minus two weeks. Usually gestational sacs are seen 5 weeks onwards n this is based on Lmp not conception date.

Hi ladies! just done with my first scan at 5+ weeks, EDD 5 sept. could see the gestational sac and yolk sac. going back in 2 weeks and expecting to see embryo and heartbeat. this is our #1, hubby and I are very excited! hope everything goes well for everyone!

Congratulations muamua!

Good morning everyone!
May I ask what symptons are you all having now? I having very bad bloatedness.... looks like 5mths preggy... constipation too...

Good morning everyone!
May I ask what symptons are you all having now? I having very bad bloatedness.... looks like 5mths preggy... constipation too...

Hi Babysee, so far i did not encounter any bloatedness or morning sickness, constipation yes.. but i'm having very severe mood swings.

Good morning everyone!

Because of bloatedness, I am eating very little. So far, most of what I'm eating stays in. Thank God for that! But water is another story. I can feel my lips cracking and my hands getting dryer by the day. I need to take small sips of anything but plain water each time. If I drink plain water, everything will come out. It sucks. This morning, I wake up at 4.30am, so thirsty. Then drink some water (cannot imagine drinking sweetened drinks so early in the morning), after that severe bloatedness. 5.15am, i'll vomit everything out and more. Sigh. 5.30am, alarm clock rings. Double sigh.

Hi XUANYCE, I used to have mood swings when having no. 1 too! temper very bad...

Hi telly, oh dear, sounds very bad for ur case. Do u take ribena? it works for me.

Because of bloatedness, I am eating very little. So far, most of what I'm eating stays in. Thank God for that! But water is another story. I can feel my lips cracking and my hands getting dryer by the day. I need to take small sips of anything but plain water each time. If I drink plain water, everything will come out. It sucks. This morning, I wake up at 4.30am, so thirsty. Then drink some water (cannot imagine drinking sweetened drinks so early in the morning), after that severe bloatedness. 5.15am, i'll vomit everything out and more. Sigh. 5.30am, alarm clock rings. Double sigh.

Me bloated too and tight belly. I try limit water 2hrs before sleep so won't wake up to pee at 4am. Try dry cranberries from NTUC, helps my constipation (caused by folic??). Only tea can drink is camomile. Calm me down, coma at 8.30pm to 6am. Try pee leaning forward to extract fully... A tip online.

Hi XUANYCE, I used to have mood swings when having no. 1 too! temper very bad...

Hi telly, oh dear, sounds very bad for ur case. Do u take ribena? it works for me.

I take ribena too! I think it's the sugar that's making us feel better...

Good morning everyone!

Hi babysee!

So far extreme fatigue, breathlessness, easily light-headed and more frequent blacking out for me.. But it's because I have thalassemia minor so the pregnancy makes those symptoms 100x worse than usual. Plus I'm still breastfeeding #1 so it's taking quite a toll on me.

I'm usually rather bloated by nightfall as my appetite during pregnancy is always huge (have to eat something every hour to prevent blacking out too) and our digestive system slowing down contributes to my bloating :p

So far no constipation yet but I think it's because I ate something wrong a few days back so I had been having diarrhea instead. For my pregnancy with #1 I do recall having constipation often so I'm expecting it soon!

Hi sweetmadness, how old is your #1? wow you are still BF! thumbs up!! so are you intending to stop soon? I heard once preggy try not to BF coz will take away the nutrients from the baby in tummy.

Back