(2014/09) September 2014

Not really necessary. Only a gynae can advise I guess. I'm IVF so will be on progesterone support till 12-14 weeks. I'm w Ann Tan at paragon. Guess I'm more at ease with a female doc.

i dunn really have a preference for doctors as long as i feel comfortable with them. i think attitude plays a big part. unless there is spotting, otherwise progesterone is not required right?? paragon is a convenience place, but is her charges expensive?

i dunn really have a preference for doctors as long as i feel comfortable with them. i think attitude plays a big part. unless there is spotting, otherwise progesterone is not required right?? paragon is a convenience place, but is her charges expensive?

Fairy tooth

You're right in a way that progesterone is not needed unless there is spotting. But there some mtbs who had previous miscarriages or history of a high risk pregnancy. Hence to prevent a failed pregnancy, some would give progesterone to strengthen it, evrn if theres not spotting.

Cuz mine was an IVF transfer. I needed the progesterone to "trick" my body to thinking I'm pregnant so my AF wouldn't start, thus giving me a longer luteal phase. Once pregnancy confirmed, it's a matter of pregnancy support to prevent spotting. Maybe cuz I had spotting the last time round.

Her charges are not cheap. When I first decided to go for IVF I decided I'll go with the best doctor in town for the best chances. So paying through my nose was a secondary concern.

Hello Mummies,

I'm buying my second breastpump cos the previous Avent one spoilt already. I'm thinking of getting a Medela this time but after reading so many feedback from the different forums, I still can't decide between PISA and Freestyle. Any mommies here have used these two models before and can share your feedback also?

Fairy tooth

You're right in a way that progesterone is not needed unless there is spotting. But there some mtbs who had previous miscarriages or history of a high risk pregnancy. Hence to prevent a failed pregnancy, some would give progesterone to strengthen it, evrn if theres not spotting.

Good morning everyone!

Just to share, my doctor prescribed me progesterone to stabilised my pregnancy when I went to see him at W5D1 even though there is no spotting, history of miscarriages etc. I went to see him again at 7w1d (according to the scan) and baby is fine, little heart flickering, big round head, little arms n legs and a long long tail bone. My husband was so in awe! However, doc spotted a blood clot in that may threaten to cause detachment if it grows bigger. This clot if resorbed by the body or passed out, will not cause any harm. Hoping that things will be fine on next scan in 4 weeks time.

On another note, can any experience mum share what the Down syndrome test is like? How many types of test are there? Thanks a lot!

Good morning everyone!

Just to share, my doctor prescribed me progesterone to stabilised my pregnancy when I went to see him at W5D1 even though there is no spotting, history of miscarriages etc. I went to see him again at 7w1d (according to the scan) and baby is fine, little heart flickering, big round head, little arms n legs and a long long tail bone. My husband was so in awe! However, doc spotted a blood clot in that may threaten to cause detachment if it grows bigger. This clot if resorbed by the body or passed out, will not cause any harm. Hoping that things will be fine on next scan in 4 weeks time.

On another note, can any experience mum share what the Down syndrome test is like? How many types of test are there? Thanks a lot!

Is your blood clot near the placenta? Went for scan last week, doc found some bleeding signs near my placenta but i do not have any spotting at all. This is making me so worried. Doc prescribed me progesterone to stabilise my pregnancy. Cried a bucket of tears... Everyday living in fear. I did not encounter this before not even for my first pregnancy. Will be going for another scan this coming sat. Hopefully all is well & fine...

What is his charges for delivery? does he do any packages? Does he only deliver at gleneagles?

There is antenatal package that starts from 16th week of pregnancy. Package cost $642. Dr John Yam does deliver at Gleneagles & Mt Alvernia. Nurses do recommend Gleneagles since his clinic is based there.

I kinda like mount E services but hubby is worries about their delivery fee... Does he do any packages? Issit very difficult to book an appointment?
His packages start from week 20 I think, I cant quite remember now. Coz when I was presented with the booklet of information, I quickly put them away as I didnt want to jinx anything. It's like taboo to think so far due to my previous rounds of miscarriages. So I just want to take a step at a time, to manage things within my pace.

He's my fourth gynae (not including the ones I visited during my younger days for some other reasons outside of trying to conceive) and his charges are reasonable I say. My previous three Dr W K Tan, Dr S F Loh and Dr L C Cheng, all from TMC.

I wanted a change of environment and to avoid a place that brought on memories of negativity, which is why we tried Dr Kowa at Mt E. And I have to say he is the perfect 'match' of all 4, for me! I think a lot depends on your chemistry with the gynae and how comfortable you feel when you see him/her. The other 3 were all good, just on a different level of chemistry and closeness that I didnt experience till I've seen Dr Kowa. He made me feel cared for and always very assuring.

Is your blood clot near the placenta? Went for scan last week, doc found some bleeding signs near my placenta but i do not have any spotting at all. This is making me so worried. Doc prescribed me progesterone to stabilise my pregnancy. Cried a bucket of tears... Everyday living in fear. I did not encounter this before not even for my first pregnancy. Will be going for another scan this coming sat. Hopefully all is well & fine...

Hi Xuanyce,

Yes, its at the placenta. My doctor doesn't seem to be worried about it. He explained that if I do any running or strenuous exercise (which I do not) it will continue to bleed. Otherwise, sufficient rest and the baby/sac will reattach itself.
I was so worried prior to my last scan because so many friend's pregnancy didn't develop and there was no heartbeat. Now that there is I am more relax, even with this blood clot.
Please stay positive, eat well and rest more. I'm trying to do everything in slow motion now so it wont make things worse :(

Hi Xuanyce,

Yes, its at the placenta. My doctor doesn't seem to be worried about it. He explained that if I do any running or strenuous exercise (which I do not) it will continue to bleed. Otherwise, sufficient rest and the baby/sac will reattach itself.
I was so worried prior to my last scan because so many friend's pregnancy didn't develop and there was no heartbeat. Now that there is I am more relax, even with this blood clot.
Please stay positive, eat well and rest more. I'm trying to do everything in slow motion now so it wont make things worse :(

Thanks dear... My doc could not tell me exactly what's the reason for the bleeding near placenta, sighs... What he did told me was not to worry as the baby is growing from the last scan. This is so depressing... :(

@supergal, I have the freestyle. Personally prefer that as it's a lot more portable than Pisa for carrying to work.

@lily14, they have packages. About $500 for 6 sessions. Ad hoc per acu session is about $70.

@XUANYCE, don't worry excessively about it. It's not uncommon but when it does occur the gynae is obliged to tell you the risks. Try to relax and rest more these couple of weeks.

Let's all pull through the first 12 weeks! Most of us are already halfway through. I'm going for my first scan this Sat at 6w. Also praying all will be fine. Other than that I try not to worry about things beyond my control.

6.5 weeks. Suddenly bad naesea attack. Every breakfast wasted. Feeling like crap despite lots of bedrest and light meals...

6.5 weeks. Suddenly bad naesea attack. Every breakfast wasted. Feeling like crap despite lots of bedrest and light meals...
You should be happy coz my gynae was telling me, the more morning sickness you feel, the safer the little one gets in developing.
Having said that, those who are not experiencing much should not fret as well since we have heard all too often that every pregnancy is different.

Preserved orange peel works for me, but try not to have those if you can coz these are junk with preservatives. Best to stay away. I couldnt help it coz the thought of food itself makes me want to puke though i have so far not quite literally throw up as yet. Just feeling queasy with bouts indigestion and acid reflux. When it comes to actual eating, I could eat.

You should be happy coz my gynae was telling me, the more morning sickness you feel, the safer the little one gets in developing.
Having said that, those who are not experiencing much should not fret as well since we have heard all too often that every pregnancy is different.

Preserved orange peel works for me, but try not to have those if you can coz these are junk with preservatives. Best to stay away. I couldnt help it coz the thought of food itself makes me want to puke though i have so far not quite literally throw up as yet. Just feeling queasy with bouts indigestion and acid reflux. When it comes to actual eating, I could eat.
Thanks Waiwish. I am feeling queasy and suddenly will vomit bits of water or meal. Every meal is agony. I love food and don't know what to keep them down, except plain bread.

Hizzz!!! I m glad I have found same club having to go thru how I feel!!
Really feel miserable hugging the toilet bowl after heavy meals especially after dinner time!!
Cny reunion dinner hope I can get to enjoy the good food without puking n let my bb enjoy too!!
Sweetmadness pls add me in facebook [email protected] , thanks a lot!!
Congrats to all !!!

Supergal : Medela freestyle is light n handy. Is a good investment. If can get the USA warranty from sellers in forum cos is cheaper if u compare w singapore warranty.

Hi all,

Can I check if anyone experience dull pain just behind the belly button? What organ is behind it? Baby is not located so high right?

Not to worry, is perfectly fine to have occasional cramps here & there.. doc told me so long as the pain or cramp is not above our belly button & with regular intervals, everything would be fine.

Not to worry, is perfectly fine to have occasional cramps here & there.. doc told me so long as the pain or cramp is not above our belly button & with regular intervals, everything would be fine.

Thank you! Glad its normal, it have been aching on n off since last week. Its a funny spot cos its awkward to massage the area due to belly button depression. hahaha..

Hizzz!!! I m glad I have found same club having to go thru how I feel!!
Really feel miserable hugging the toilet bowl after heavy meals especially after dinner time!!
Cny reunion dinner hope I can get to enjoy the good food without puking n let my bb enjoy too!!
Sweetmadness pls add me in facebook [email protected] , thanks a lot!!
Congrats to all !!!

Added, do look out for an email invitation to the Facebook group :)

Hello, is this fb group private? Cos usually I dont like to be high profile on my pregnancy....so just don't want to let all my fb friends know im preggers.... especially at the early stage. ..

Hi all, I'm having my #1. EDD on 7th Sep
Just had my first gynae visit today at KKH and was so happy to see the bb heartbeat during ultrasound. Dr put me on progesterone as I had a mc late last year.

Sweetmadness, i dropped u a pm. pls add me to the FB page.

Hello, is this fb group private? Cos usually I dont like to be high profile on my pregnancy....so just don't want to let all my fb friends know im preggers.... especially at the early stage. ..

Yup it's a secret group, nobody except members can view or search for the group :)

I'm having increased light cramps and white discharge this week which is my 6th week. No spotting though but just getting very worried. Anyone has similar symptoms?

Hello!

Found myself pregnant on the 5th week - currently 8th week. EDD 1st September with my #1. :)
Heard my little one's heartbeat on the 6th week and was soooooo amazed by it!

sweetmadness, can you add me into the group? thank you! ;)

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I just discovered this forum, hehe. Am about 7 weeks pregnant and discovered when I was about 5 weeks. Just went to Dr Adrian Woodworth at the CCK clinic cuz nearby, and saw baby's heartbeat flashing on the screen. He told me that my EDD is 9th Sept :D This is our #1, and we're so excited. Hubby keeps talking to my belly even though I told him baby can't hear him yet! Currently no morning sickness YET, hoping it stays that way. Only thing is very tired and sleep a lot more than pre-pregnancy. Also, usually have a good appetite for lunch, though can't seem to eat much for dinner. Anyone else experiencing that?

I'm having increased light cramps and white discharge this week which is my 6th week. No spotting though but just getting very worried. Anyone has similar symptoms?

Hi Clover, cramps is normal becuz our uterus is expanding and body adjusting our reproductive system for our beanie. As long as it's bearable and not sharp pain or spotting, you should be fine. But if you still feel not right, better to check with your gynae. afterall, every body is different. White discharge is normal too becuz we are producing more progesterone... But better check with your gynae if it's turns smelly or itchy.

My wife and i are expecting our first. She shld be 5 weeks now based on calculator.. very fatigued but I seem more excited than her haha ... going to walk in and see Dr Adrian Woodworth at Sengkang this sat..

Anyone can update Dr. Woodworth package amount for year 2014?

rdkp11, Yes, but it was year 2011, now i am not too sure.

Hi rdkp11, yup when I saw Dr Woodworth at CCK branch on Monday, I asked the same question and he said yes. The nurse outside also said yes, but of course he would prefer to deliver at Thomson. But I'm still keen on Mt A unless he tells me why Thomson is better.

meplaa, as of Monday, the package amount the nurse told me about is $588.50. Pretty good price considering my one-time consultation + scan + prenatal vitamins was already $187.25. All these prices are GST inclusive btw. By right that day first visit onwards the nurse say if I take the package then I don't need to pay the $187.50, but I didn't want to commit immediately as Dr Woodworth is very fast in his explanations and I felt a bit rushed throughout my consultation, so will try out Dr Chia who's in on certain nights at Edinburgh clinic (also along same road) first before making a decision.

Haha rdkp11, my feel at CCK on Mon morning is that he's quite fast with every patient. So actually the waiting felt quite short for me.... Not too sure about Sengkang on a Sat morning though! Hope you don't have to wait too long! :)

Back