(2014/09) September 2014

This morning I told my boss. And that if all goes well I'm off on maternity in Sep. Albeit jokingly, he said maybe he should fire me before then. Still, it hurts a little. And I'm now seriously considering leaving the job before Sep.

This morning I told my boss. And that if all goes well I'm off on maternity in Sep. Albeit jokingly, he said maybe he should fire me before then. Still, it hurts a little. And I'm now seriously considering leaving the job before Sep.

I told my boss this morning too and was sobbing in between cuz I had a miscarriage about a year ago and felt very emotional and stressed. I think I scared the wits out of him but he was very supportive and told me nothing is more important than healthy baby and happy mummy. Hang on there yeah? Big hugs.

Hi!! Congrats to all mummies and daddies in this thread. Hope to join the Sept 2014 thread too!

My EDD 3rd Sept, went for scan at 6wks and saw the gestational sac, fetus and the flickering heartbeat! very excited but yet worried as this is my #2 after almost 6yrs!
Lately suffered a bad cold and I drank ginseng chicken soup and later was scolded by a friend who said cannot drink ginseng!! Is this true??? What's so bad abt ginseng? I was stunned for a moment as I forgot what I can and cannot eat during pregnancy already.

Little Things - *wave wave!* :)

Hi all mummies! Just tested positive 2 days back.. edd should be on 13 sep.. this is my #3 equally excited.. bad side is I just joined a company last Tuesday and now I m preg.. and my job doesnt allowed me to have mc or leaves. Will inform my boss this few days and will resign in worst scenario. Anyone like me?

Hi!! Congrats to all mummies and daddies in this thread. Hope to join the Sept 2014 thread too!

My EDD 3rd Sept, went for scan at 6wks and saw the gestational sac, fetus and the flickering heartbeat! very excited but yet worried as this is my #2 after almost 6yrs!
Lately suffered a bad cold and I drank ginseng chicken soup and later was scolded by a friend who said cannot drink ginseng!! Is this true??? What's so bad abt ginseng? I was stunned for a moment as I forgot what I can and cannot eat during pregnancy already.

Little Things - *wave wave!* :)

Wave wave!! Yes, it's true. Ginseng not advisable for pregnant ladies. That includes ginseng tea.

Wave wave!! Yes, it's true. Ginseng not advisable for pregnant ladies. That includes ginseng tea.
Die la..how? I drank already. What neg effects can ginseng cause? The soup is those sold in coffeeshop. Hope its not concentrated. But why is ginseng bad? During 2ww I drank the chicken essence with ginseng and cordyceps which the TCM dr said ok.

Which Gynae are you seeing? Im thinking of changing gynae to one that delivers at Parkway East Hospital as I stay near there. Currently seeing Dr Paul Tseng.

Last edited:
In TCM, a mum-to-be is considered to be more prone to internal heat or "embryo heat" because she is not menstruating. Ginseng and dang shen is to be avoided cuz they are warm / heaty in nature.

I'm with Ann Tan. She always give me practical advice and is well known in the field. But also not cheap. Last known, she delivers at mount E only.

Thanks Little Things. My TCM dr said my body is "cold" and said I should drink red dates water and chicken essence. But I think now my body may have "over-heated" as my throat is beginning to feel itchy. hmm.... I remember she said I cannot drink tea as it is "liang". I wonder what can I drink now besides plain water?!

Oh I heard about Dr Ann Tan. A friend also told me she is very good. Is she friendly/serious type and does she like to chat or are her consultations very snappy and quick? Dr Tseng is also good but my hubby really cannot stand Thomson's parking, plus Dr Tseng's clinic is always very busy and each consultation is only abt 5mins. I would like a dr who can spend more time on a consultation session. Thinking of Dr Heng TL at Parkway East. Anyone seeing her?

Last edited:
Hi all, this is my #3 pregnancy, though it was actually unplanned for, i wasn't on any pills because was still occasionally BF my 2yo son.
Just one week before i discovered, i gave away all my maternity + baby's stuffs. *wanna faint now*

MS have not kick in yet and hopefully no MS... Praying for a baby girl...

Thanks Little Things. My TCM dr said my body is "cold" and said I should drink red dates water and chicken essence. But I think now my body may have "over-heated" as my throat is beginning to feel itchy. hmm.... I remember she said I cannot drink tea as it is "liang". I wonder what can I drink now besides plain water?!

Oh I heard about Dr Ann Tan. A friend also told me she is very good. Is she friendly/serious type and does she like to chat or are her consultations very snappy and quick? Dr Tseng is also good but my hubby really cannot stand Thomson's parking, plus Dr Tseng's clinic is always very busy and each consultation is only abt 5mins. I would like a dr who can spend more time on a consultation session. Thinking of Dr Heng TL at Parkway East. Anyone seeing her?

I intend to see her but appt only allow after 12 weeks. Doing a u/s at 7.5 weeks with the nearest gynae (Dr Loke) also deliver at East Shore.
Can anyone share when heartbeat is visible? Notice some is at 6 weeks but as late as 8 weeks. My first scan on 29th.

It's never easy Telly. And u have to decide what you would like to do re: your workplace. Do keep in mind that the MS should go away (hopefully). So if you inform your workplace now, could be a case of reshuffling now but you can be there at the critical time for the class?

I don't mind teaching them til I give birth but I dont think it's fair to the pupils because by that time they would have developed a strong connection to me and leaving them just weeks before a major exam is really unnecessary stress to them.

Hi all, this is my #3 pregnancy, though it was actually unplanned for, i wasn't on any pills because was still

Hi all mummies! Just tested positive 2 days back.. edd should be on 13 sep.. this is my #3 equally excited.. bad side is I just joined a company last Tuesday and now I m preg.. and my job doesnt allowed me to have mc or leaves. Will inform my boss this few days and will resign in worst scenario. Anyone like me?

High five nylek & fion! This is my #3 too. I wasn't planning for a #3 actually. Cos I have somewhat given up after 2 miscarriages. But, since I'm pregnant again, I really hope it will work out this time. My daughters have been praying fervently for the baby to stay alive. I have been having bad morning sickness and emotionally, a wimp. Partly because of the fatigue. I've always been appreciative of my good health so when I am exhausted for so many weeks, it is just so difficult for me to handle.

Fion - It's good that resignation is an option.

Anyone with some kind of gastric problems brought on by pregnancy? i feel relief after i have vomited out all the bitter bile out of my stomach. but it doesn't last long. my gp prescribed hydrosil for me when io saw her this week. i haven't taken it yet because i dont want to grow dependent on it.

Dr Heng's appointments are very fast too. Less than 5 minutes with her unless you have questions and her clinic is super busy. Some people like her, some dont...it really depends on what you want.

Dr Heng's appointments are very fast too. Less than 5 minutes with her unless you have questions and her clinic is super busy. Some people like her, some dont...it really depends on what you want.
Changi, can you describe her personality? Is she those serious gynae that only answers when you ask questions? Or will she add in her own suggestions and advices with a personal touch? I heard her nurses are not very friendly. Is that true too?

How about the waiting time?

High five nylek & fion! This is my #3 too. I wasn't planning for a #3 actually. Cos I have somewhat given up after 2 miscarriages. But, since I'm pregnant again, I really hope it will work out this time. My daughters have been praying fervently for the baby to stay alive. I have been having bad morning sickness and emotionally, a wimp. Partly because of the fatigue. I've always been appreciative of my good health so when I am exhausted for so many weeks, it is just so difficult for me to handle.
Fion - It's good that resignation is an option.

^5 telly. Even it was unplanned but can tell that you wanted a 3rd one. Different from me cos i have given away all my baby's stuffs thinking it's end production already... lol...
I totally understand the bad MS as i had bad MS for my past 2 boys too which i could puke up to 5-6 times per day. No choice, but just have to go through it. Though it sounds disgusting, but i dun take strong aroma food so that when i puke it feels better too.

Fion - I was in the same scenario when i was carrying my #2 previously. Resignation was also my option if things doesn't work out. Told my boss after a week of joining and luckily i had a good boss and she's totally cool about it. i always schedule my maternity appt on sat morning and for my maternity leave, i only took 2 months and returned to work earlier due to work commitments and then later slowly clear the rest...

Agree with telly that since resignation is an option to you, nothing to worry about. :)

Are you both going for natural birth or c-sec? with or without epi if natural? anyone considering ligation after that?

Hi everyone, i'm also edd sep 2014 estimated at 4th sep! This is my first pregnancy at 34 and a half so im quite nervous. Im seeing Ann Tan as well and just had first transvaginal scan last week. Detected the gestational sac, and yolk (or baby!) as well as a faint heartbeat picked up on ultrasound but dr tan says this will only really be heard at a later date. Im about 6 weeks or so and seemed to have nausea first thing in morning as well as in the evenings, in addition to terrible fatigue and general loss of appetite.

hiya! I think my edd should be sept 2014, just went to my gynae ytd. This will be my #3, like telly not planned bt definitely not unwanted. ^_^
My gynae is Dr Eunice Chua fm TLC, did a scan only managed to see a sac no heartbeat yet. So gonna see her 2 weeks later.

Please add me if you have a facebook group for this forum. Easier to track and read msgs.
My email is [email protected]

Hi!

Congrats to all mummies-to-be! I am expecting #2. EDD is 4 sep 2014.
Sweetmadness, can you please add me to the fb group? My email is [email protected]
hiya! I think my edd should be sept 2014, just went to my gynae ytd. This will be my #3, like telly not planned bt definitely not unwanted. ^_^
My gynae is Dr Eunice Chua fm TLC, did a scan only managed to see a sac no heartbeat yet. So gonna see her 2 weeks later.

Please add me if you have a facebook group for this forum. Easier to track and read msgs.
My email is [email protected]

Both added :)

Changi, can you describe her personality? Is she those serious gynae that only answers when you ask questions? Or will she add in her own suggestions and advices with a personal touch? I heard her nurses are not very friendly. Is that true too?

Dr Heng is very friendly and approachable. I usually bring a list of questions each visit, and she will sit down and answer them. She has a lot of experience as well, so she will usually add in her personal advice. That being said, she wont spoon-fed you with information. I read a number of books last time..so i dont totally rely on her to give me the info that i need to know..

Her nurses are very efficient, one takes your weight, the other brings you in, and i think a third one gives you yur vitamins. They dont really have alot of time to chit-chat as her clinic is packed most of the time. As far as i remember, they are mostly okay...hope it helps..

Waiting time is LONG. The last time, i wasnt working and i remember sitting around for ages waiting to see doc. Im going to see her tmr...lets see how long it takes...
Do update us. I have not make appt yet. The previous one did but m/c before the appt.

Hi everyone, i'm also edd sep 2014 estimated at 4th sep! This is my first pregnancy at 34 and a half so im quite nervous. Im seeing Ann Tan as well and just had first transvaginal scan last week. Detected the gestational sac, and yolk (or baby!) as well as a faint heartbeat picked up on ultrasound but dr tan says this will only really be heard at a later date. Im about 6 weeks or so and seemed to have nausea first thing in morning as well as in the evenings, in addition to terrible fatigue and general loss of appetite.
Same as u. Turning 35 next month and my #1. Stress!

Oh No!! I feasted on Korean Ginseng Chicken just last week.
me too! lol. I guess we just have to be extra careful with what we eat from now on. No more everything also put inside mouth! argh! this is going to be a torturous cny for me.
Ginseng chicken is my one of my favourite somemore. Actually I read some ladies take ginseng in 3rd tri to boost stamina in preparation for labour. But I guess to be safer, check with a tcm dr, cos everyone's body constitution is different.

Oh I heard about Dr Ann Tan. A friend also told me she is very good. Is she friendly/serious type and does she like to chat or are her consultations very snappy and quick? Dr Tseng is also good but my hubby really cannot stand Thomson's parking, plus Dr Tseng's clinic is always very busy and each consultation is only abt 5mins. I would like a dr who can spend more time on a consultation session.

She's the serious type. Her consults are quite fast but whenever I have questions she does spend the time to explain till I get it. Sometimes I also email her and she does reply or get her nurse to check and all me. She's the kind that will ensure she give the most support she can to her patient.

Her scans are also very fast cuz she knows exactly what she needs to check. I take it that when she doesn't say much about the readings means all good. Only times she elaborate is when she thinks it may become a concern (eg my #1 didn't turn as of 27w she warned me might be breached. Indeed he is). But after her measurements she will scan around show you the baby etc. even do a 3D scan as and when I asked for it.

You should tell the nurse when you call that you are an IVF case want to transfer over. She will start monitoring you from early on. I have a scan with her next Sat at 6w to check for heartbeat. After that is scan every 2 weeks to monitor.

But note paragon parking can be a nightmare too. I always opt for early morning appt. easier to get into carpark.

Edit: her waiting times ok. Typically 15-30 min unless she got called away for emergency birth. Can't fault her cuz that may happen to me (touch wood). The head nurse is Hooi Nee and she's practically a friend to all the ladies who comes in. She's more worried about my coughing during ET than myself.

Edit: she doesn't do package.

Last edited:
^5 telly. Even it was unplanned but can tell that you wanted a 3rd one. Different from me cos i have given away all my baby's stuffs thinking it's end production already... lol...
I totally understand the bad MS as i had bad MS for my past 2 boys too which i could puke up to 5-6 times per day. No choice, but just have to go through it. Though it sounds disgusting, but i dun take strong aroma food so that when i puke it feels better too.

Fion - I was in the same scenario when i was carrying my #2 previously. Resignation was also my option if things doesn't work out. Told my boss after a week of joining and luckily i had a good boss and she's totally cool about it. i always schedule my maternity appt on sat morning and for my maternity leave, i only took 2 months and returned to work earlier due to work commitments and then later slowly clear the rest...

Agree with telly that since resignation is an option to you, nothing to worry about. :)

Are you both going for natural birth or c-sec? with or without epi if natural? anyone considering ligation after that?
^5 ^5! I am working as a property officer and needs to run ard apartments for inspection b4 handing over. So to stay must have lots of logistics arrangements. If pregnancy smooth I m fine but afraid its otherwise.. then sure to b on mc, etc. Will see hw it goes..
My #1 is natural w epi.. #2 natural w/o epi.. #3.. my bb decides.. hopefully follows #2.. I m always pro natural.. hope bb too.. heh..
My gynae is dr joycelyn wong.. heard she has no package now n even busier than b4.. still considering. Hope to stay with her but afraid too ex n too long waiting time!! Any gd gynaes to recommend?

I'm hoping for natural birth w/o epi too. Was seriously considering this option for #1 but thrown out of the window when he remained breached and didn't turn head down. So has to opt for elective C sec.

My astrologer has predicted another C sec for me for this #2. Oh well. I'm hoping still for VBAC w/o epi.

Hi mummies, when do you all usually hear the faint heartbeat of the baby? I'm going for a scan 2 weeks later which is ard 6week+2d and am just nervous of what to expect.

Hi mummies, when do you all usually hear the faint heartbeat of the baby? I'm going for a scan 2 weeks later which is ard 6week+2d and am just nervous of what to expect.
Hi! I went for 1st scan also at 6wk2day. You should be able to see the flickering heartbeat but don't think can hear so early stage.

Little Things,
Wow! U r fast! Well...it's good at least u don't headache if can't find confinement nanny later stage. I dunno where to start finding. My last confinement 6yrs ago I also forgot her number liao. Heheh. .
thanks for your feedback on Dr Ann tan. So u really scan every 2 weeks all the way till delivery?

Does anyone experience pressure at the V area; achey or pressure pressing down on the V? Is it normal at this early? I remember experiencing this during third trimester dont remember during the first tri.

The little things in life
My #1 was c section after 24 hrs of labour. Baby was too big to fit into my canal and hence failed to descend. I stopped dilating at 4cm too. Before I got pregnant, my obgyne told me my csec scar healed well and gave me the go signal to go VBAC on the condition that #2 will be a small baby. My #1 was born 3.3kg, considered just nice but I already have difficulty. Im reluctant to compromise the size of the baby for a VBAC and im worried it might fail again, ending up c sec again. Sigh

sapwol,
I also experience this pressure you are talking about. Its not really even like mild cramping right but just occasionally that dull ache near the v area. I don't remember experiencing this for #1. I asked dr but he said if its cramping without spotting, could mean gas pressing on our intestines. But Im pretty sure its not cramping, just don't know what it is!

Princess14

Ure right, its not cramping but dull aches and my spotting is back.. sigh
I jus hope its jus growing pains.

The little things in life
My #1 was c section after 24 hrs of labour. Baby was too big to fit into my canal and hence failed to descend. I stopped dilating at 4cm too. Before I got pregnant, my obgyne told me my csec scar healed well and gave me the go signal to go VBAC on the condition that #2 will be a small baby. My #1 was born 3.3kg, considered just nice but I already have difficulty. Im reluctant to compromise the size of the baby for a VBAC and im worried it might fail again, ending up c sec again. Sigh

My #1 was 'lotus' position cross legged head up. When he was born his head was abit elongated and his ears were pressed into his face cuz the head was stuck at top of womb at my diaphragm. my gynae also said my c sec wound recovered well no problem. too early to plan so let's just see. :)

why ur boss so insensitive de? I dun find this kind of jokes very funny ley. If my boss says that to my face, i will "jokingly" reply him, maybe i should consider going to the MOM and have the company sued and have him dismissed from the company for such workp0lace discrimination". Dun leave the job now unless u can afford to go without salary for months. Hang in there till after u come back from your maternity leave ba. 4 months of paid leave ley.

Little Things, My #1 was csect as cord round his neck and cord was too short for him to descend. I was very disappointed that I dint managed to go through natural delivery and hope I could do a VBAC this round. My elder was in a very good position for delivery.... haiz... in the end still cut. I shall leave everything to fate and not give myself pressure this round!

Sapwol, i don't have that pressure on V yet.... experienced that when I was in Tri 3. Since u have spotting now, better see gynae first!

Telly, I am not sure too.... better not take any chance!

^5 ^5! I am working as a property officer and needs to run ard apartments for inspection b4 handing over. So to stay must have lots of logistics arrangements. If pregnancy smooth I m fine but afraid its otherwise.. then sure to b on mc, etc. Will see hw it goes..
My #1 is natural w epi.. #2 natural w/o epi.. #3.. my bb decides.. hopefully follows #2.. I m always pro natural.. hope bb too.. heh..
My gynae is dr joycelyn wong.. heard she has no package now n even busier than b4.. still considering. Hope to stay with her but afraid too ex n too long waiting time!! Any gd gynaes to recommend?

I see. Then it's really tougher on your side to speak to your new boss as your job is more physically challenging. Anyway hope your new boss is an understanding person :) I'm working desk-bounded, can even work from home if i do not need to access intranet e.g. reply email.

Both my kids are natural w epi. I do not dare to try without epi.
#1 labour 13 hours
#2 labour 2-3 hours (just immdly after my epi is administered i told my nurse i have the urge to push, she ignored me for another 30-45 mins and finally check me and get my doc...)
#3 - i hope he/she wont drop out so fast, i want my epi first...

I will be seeing Dr WK Tan, TMC. Good gynae, pro-natural, waiting time can range from 15 mins to 2.5 hours. Consultation very fast 10 mins out.

Nylek.. will see how it goes.. my #1 I tried without epi till 7hrs I surrendered and total labour took me 13hrs.. #2 took me 1.5hrs already dilated 5cm when admission so I went ahead with no epidural. #3 hoping to be the same as #2!

Back