(2014/08) August 2014

@J.Lau, that was the one and only time. That guy very erxin lah, young man, dressup nicely type still pretend never see me. After I act nausea, he still ignore me loh.
A lady not siting reserved seat gave her seat to me.
Really want to strangle that man, so... kns. Haha..

I am having rashes underneath my boobs... I am wearing sport bra and the rubber is now in between my boobs and tummy.. totally cannot see the line at all.. lol.. and if I sweat.. thats it.. wet wet.:oops:

@milktea20 there are many different types of people taking public transport really. There was one time a uncle, late 30s snatch a seat from me. After he sat down, he immediately fell asleep! Power leh! Lol!
And not forgetting there seems to be more molester in the train now... so we must be careful.

I was in Teck Whye with my mum on a busy Sat morning and at a crowded corridor I felt someone brushed against my bum but not sure intentional or not. I was waddling so movement a bit clumsy,and since in doubt I only gave the guy a hard stare. From then on I try to avoid crowded areas as from my back I think people can't tell I'm preggie. I got people trying to squeeze in the narrow space between me and the wall/barrier so now I walk very close to the wall or corridor so that pple cannot squeeze and bump into me from my back.

On a side note anyone having pimples on boobs or back/neck area? I have very bad pimple problem even on face since preggy, don't know if its the testerone from my baby boy :p. Any natural remedy? I find it quite unsightly but just tahan with it.

Rashes on tummy, I tot it's because of the Clarins oil I applied wor, no?
If it's heat rash, why only on tummy?
I'm applying clarins oil everyday. No prob leh. Only when I sweat alot that day, will have rash on tummy n my back. Not sure why only tummy. Maybe temperature higher at tummy?

Rashes on tummy, I tot it's because of the Clarins oil I applied wor, no?
If it's heat rash, why only on tummy?
Not heat rash I think.. I also had quite a few previously and asked my gynae about them when I went for a visit. He mentioned it's because of the oil and cream we have been applying to our tummy and may have caused clogging when we don't clean the area properly when we shower. After that I just made sure I soap my tummy and all the other areas I apply properly and thoroughly before applying a new layer on it after bath.

Hi Mommies!

Went for my 27+week gynae check today and my baby weighs 1.4KG!!! omg and he did a glucose test and concluded ive mild diabetics. OMG. so he suggested to visit a dietitian which i am this Sat.

Before going this Sat, any mommies face same issue? Doc for now asked me dont eat bread. (im thking what to have for breakfast since avoid milo too) so thking what food i shld avoid or can still eat before i visit the dietitian?

Hi Mommies!

Went for my 27+week gynae check today and my baby weighs 1.4KG!!! omg and he did a glucose test and concluded ive mild diabetics. OMG. so he suggested to visit a dietitian which i am this Sat.

Before going this Sat, any mommies face same issue? Doc for now asked me dont eat bread. (im thking what to have for breakfast since avoid milo too) so thking what food i shld avoid or can still eat before i visit the dietitian?

Try oats with low fat milk ... bread has loads of sugar
Scrambled egg whites with cheese
Low fat Greek yoghurt with some fruits like apples

Hihi mummies, i m down e fever n sore throat n had seen doc will my baby be alright

Assuming your GP knows you are preggy, the medicine he or she prescribed should be fine for pregnancy but just confirm with doc. I was down with fever, flu and sore throat past 2 weeks and now ok after taking the medication too.

My GP told me if fever higher than 38.5 deg better to take panadol (pure panadol with no other additives) to bring down temperature. Keeping pregnant mummies comfortable is very important so do heed doc advise. I did also follow some ladies' advice here to cut down dosage when feeling better.

Drink plenty of fluids and sleep lots and you will recover soon. All the best!

Try oats with low fat milk ... bread has loads of sugar
Scrambled egg whites with cheese
Low fat Greek yoghurt with some fruits like apples

This diet sounds good, maybe I give it a go as well :).

@stickyrene - try to avoid white processed food eg white bread, white rice, white bee hoon etc. Go for brown rice if possible as the GI is low so it won't release sudden huge amounts of glucose into blood stream. Also avoid fruit juices which also spike glucose levels. When consuming processed foods, make sure that sugar is not the number one ingredient. Yogurts with fruits always come with high sugar content as they need to sweeten it to balance out the taste of fruits, so low fat greek yogurt or any yogurt without sugar inside is ok.

Try to eat more veges rather than fruits, as fruits also have fructose which gets converted into glucose. Apples are ok, but do eat sweet fruits like bananas etc in moderation as they have high sugar content.

@stickyrene I'm now at 25wk and baby weighs 780g. Slightly heavier but his stomach is bigger which suspect baby might have diabetic. Gng for glucose test 4 wks later. Hope everything is fine. I will also have to cut down on glucose intake now even thou I have been do so.

Have anyone start to experience swelling fingers or feet? All these while I am ok but last night after I reach home from work.. my ankle sudden swell.. I didn't walk alot wo.. then I lift my feet on pillow for an hour and it subsided. .

Have anyone start to experience swelling fingers or feet? All these while I am ok but last night after I reach home from work.. my ankle sudden swell.. I didn't walk alot wo.. then I lift my feet on pillow for an hour and it subsided. .

heh I experienced swollen ankles I think at 20 weeks, swollen fingers only recently. I feel the stomach load heavier since past 24 weeks mark so legs also more sore after walking.

Will try your method of raising feet to see if it can help to alleviate :)

I am also going for the diabetic test in 2 weeks time cos my weight spiked up suddenly. Although I am not officially diabetic yet I am also starting to watch my diet and note my sugar intake. Seems like a common problem among mummies here....

Hmmm..

Feet's bigger but I don't wear shoes unless attending meetings so can still endure. Else, I wear birks the whole day. OK to look ah ma-ish now as comfort is more important. I have plantar fasciitics too so the increase in weight is causing more arch pains for me. Maybe ladies can consider shoes with more arch support and not covered?

I get pins and needles in my arms when I sleep now. When I sleep with my arms facing upwards. Do you ladies get that too? When I face arms downwards then its OK. So weird.

Going for my check up tmrw! 23W5D! Seems like time is crawling after I passed the mid way mark leh!!

I bought new sandals n oso loosened the straps on my existing sandals to accommodate the swelling.

Would like to buy ballet flats but not sure whether to upsize by one or two shoe size.

Oh I oso stopped wearing my ring for a month oredi cos cannot take out :p. Time for shopping ha ha

@Seaturtle - can try ballet flats, upsize, if too big then wear insoles. Good to wear shoes with good arch support!

I've also stopped wearing both engagement and wedding rings. Sometimes can fit, sometimes very tight and uncomfortable

@stickyrene I'm now at 25wk and baby weighs 780g. Slightly heavier but his stomach is bigger which suspect baby might have diabetic. Gng for glucose test 4 wks later. Hope everything is fine. I will also have to cut down on glucose intake now even thou I have been do so.

same as me! at 24W, baby ard 750+g, slightly on the heavy side, but coz tummy big so suspected of GD. need to go for GTT test at 28W. find it very hard to cut down ok glucose. seems like everything we eat is loaded with sugar. sigh. my constipation problem is also causing me to be very uncomfortable. sigh. wishing for time to pass faster. can't wait for 38W to come.

I find that my tummy is bigger if I have constipation. It will deflate to be normal size once issue resolved. Have to find ways to find ways to keep bowel movement smooth :p

Just went for my 24wk appt. bb is 638kg. :) woo.. As compared to u girls mine abit smaller. But doc says is normal weight. Placenta still low lying.

I find that my tummy is bigger if I have constipation. It will deflate to be normal size once issue resolved. Have to find ways to find ways to keep bowel movement smooth :p

Me now constipated too, felt so helpless sitting and perspiring in the toilet with no output.. Gynae gave me fiber syrup. And he said prunes doesn't help at all. Only lotsa veg&fruits and water to ease.

But again lots of fruits will have too much glucose in take...veg is so difficult to get less oil n salt unless cook ourself...haiz

Previous constipation result in small pile n I'm very scare it will get worst. recently I started taking probiotic which ease my constipation prob. it promote healthy digestion and is sugar free unless vitagen.

Doc say don't eat fruits like durian, lychee, longan, mango or high sugar ones.
If stick to apple daily, plus some other high fiber fruits is ok de wor.

I'm still taking fruits everyday but some times it doesn't help. Then I have to take tea as caffeine works for me but not good for pregnancy. This probiotic is the best option for me.

Looks like constipation is now our BFF.. its so hard to let it go~~~~~ lol... I have to take the syrup that gyane gave then I can go.. otherwise. . Its just sitting in the toilet and nothing happens.. tried all ways and means still can't let it natural.

Am quite relieved to hear that I'm not the only one. My piles got aggravated :( and really painful sometimes cos of this issue.

@SQ-babyU - where did you get the probiotics - from gynae? It's good it works for you, I took probiotics and it didn't work for me. Even eating lots of vege also sometimes doesn't help. Have to keep drinking fluid, eat papaya/banana and walk around more often and hope that it will work.

Btw is anyone going to the baby fair this weekend? I missed the Baby expo that time so thought of going on Sunday. The crowds a bit scary but I need to buy cot etc.

ha ha @shirleyten I rem you got a lot of good deals leh, and you also plan before gg right? I don't know if it's worth it to go, will see how I feel on that day. Tummy getting bigger so I don't think I can afford to wait for the August fair.

I almost completed my shopping list liao.. so start of Jul I shall begin washing and drying process. . I think I may give birth in end Jul since my edd 8 Aug.

I got a list of good deals to go grab but when I enter. . Its impossible. I didn't get anything at all.. Lol.. very scary. . Not forgetting my feet got ramped across 4 times by prams and strollers. .

So I buy all my stuff at department stores and retails.. abt same price just no bundle.. but still worth it cos I get my stuff in a happy and slow pace.. not grab run and pay! Lol

That's good advice really, I'm scared of pushing and hubby loathes crowds as well. I might do the same too, since GSS coming. See how first :)

@stickyrene I think ur doc is referring to white bread. My FIL have diabetics too and he still eat bread but is wheat bread instead.
Just went for my 24wk appt. bb is 638kg. :) woo.. As compared to u girls mine abit smaller. But doc says is normal weight. Placenta still low lying.

Me too! 674g at week 24 :) Still slightly bigger than urs

That's good advice really, I'm scared of pushing and hubby loathes crowds as well. I might do the same too, since GSS coming. See how first :)
Yeap.. metro/isetan sales got 10% sometimes 20%.. I got my playpen at 10% off from metro.. saw in bb apr fair too.. but after 10% discount. . Metro deal is better than fair.. this is what I meant by slow and steady pace. Haha.. happy shopping!

@Seaturtle - My mum said there's some big members' sale at Robinson's coming up soon! Can check!

And I don't think the deals at babyexpo are that great. No point making the trip down. There's one more baby fair end of this month. I might take a look! Doubt there will be that many people.

Back