(2014/08) August 2014

I think you don't worry too much just follow the gynae's advice.

My gynae too has the same concern since my 3rd trimester. Every visit he said my bb is slightly big and ask me control diet. My last visit at 39 week plus he made me did a detailed scan to measure bb size as he think natural might not be possible. In the end bb was about 3.4kg (3.7kg after +/- 300g) and i was beginning to dilate (nv mention how many cm probably too little) so he decided to keep waiting. I am 40 week 1 day today and going back to visit him to see what should we do...yesterday I had show but still no regular contraction...me too am hoping for natural if possible...

All the best to you!

P.S. while I finished typing this message my water bag burst...rushing to hosp now :confused:
OMG! Good luck and smooth delivery!

My EDD similar as yours but I tml start maternity leave. Wanted to rest a bit and prepare a bit before delivery. It's mad rush for work for the pass 2 weeks plus expecting mad rush for preparation of the LO later. At first I was contemplating postponing my maternity leave but decided to take it earlier in case haze come, unexpected stuffs happen, and I'm glad I made this decision coz I have water retention, very heavy, sleep also difficult now. And everybody tell me that stressing oneself during pregnancy is not good coz may affect the baby, etc. partly also becoz I'm 1st time mum so I dun haf the experience and dunno exactly wat to expect.

I am a first time mum too and I think I have got everything prepared (I think).
Yeah... I am glad I made the decision to go earlier because my pelvis starts to ache with every steps I take.

My EDD is also 31/08.
This week really feeling very lousy. Water retention, knee pain, pelvic pains.. Does it get that bad suddenly? It was tolerable all the way until this week, I really feel quite lousy now.

I hope to continue working until around 20/08. Am I being too optimistic? More or less handed over my duties, just packing my table now and doing a bit of work.

Difficult to rest at home as neighbours are renovating, and family not keen on me going to our new place to rest alone. *whines*

My EDD is also 31/08.
This week really feeling very lousy. Water retention, knee pain, pelvic pains.. Does it get that bad suddenly? It was tolerable all the way until this week, I really feel quite lousy now.

I hope to continue working until around 20/08. Am I being too optimistic? More or less handed over my duties, just packing my table now and doing a bit of work.

Difficult to rest at home as neighbours are renovating, and family not keen on me going to our new place to rest alone. *whines*

We having same edd! :)
Today I officially stop work le..
Super tiring to rush up n down.
And pelvic also hurting..
I think u too optimistic to work till 20th. Lol.
We need rest! Haha

My EDD is also 31/08.

it usually gets more tiring/uncomfortable after 37W. better to take leave earlier to rest in case bb comes early. else u might feel miserable/ tired if u work till bb comes.

That bad? Like suddenly very unbearable this week...

Haha. Don't work then do what!! I hope to be as active as I can all the way.. So that when labour comes, I'll be able to tahan till really long later and don't check myself in too early if I don't want to use epidural. That's gynar's advice for now. Check myself in only when pain is 7/8 out of 10, and I can't speak during the contraction. *gulp*

Hmm, i do agree that it is long and labourous for induce labour. I ended by with csect after the induce labour. My hubby was not allowed to go to the theatre with me for the csect. And my epidural didn't work for me at the last part of the induce labour. So it was quite a nightmare when I was on the ot table. Doc did dose up my epidural though until my upper body went numb as well. To think on the bright side, at least I have given a shot to try for vaginal birth.:)

We having same edd! :)
Today I officially stop work le..
Super tiring to rush up n down.
And pelvic also hurting..
I think u too optimistic to work till 20th. Lol.
We need rest! Haha

Yes... @queeensg you are VERY optimistic... I tot I can survive I week before my EDD date but I gave up.
The sleepless night now just added to the fatigue... the usual walk from the train station to my office was a breeze then but now half way thru, I felt my leg aching...

@J.Lau - Wah. I don't even take train/bus anymore!!

Haha.. Cos I have three other colleagues pregnant this time.. 2 went off a few days before their EDD in July.
One just went off, EDD next week!

OK. I will see how it goes.. I want to rest la but my neighbours are really noisy. One house just demolished.. Next week going to dig underground. The other one extending backyard zzzzzzz. Office is like so peaceful and get to enjoy air con haha!

Jia you everybody!!!!!

@queeensg U lucky lor don't have to take train/bus anymore.
My hubby can only send me home after work because he start work earlier than me.

I think the only thing that I will miss when I on leave is the 'free' air con in office.
But at least last few days it is not as warm as one/two week back.
So hopefully it remain this way...

@J.Lau - pls... I end up having to call cab everyday and pay lor. Sometimes I wonder if I save more money staying home instead! I cab both ways.

Haha.. Ya lor and free internet and electricity hahaha

Hi mummies..
I have just nice BM supply for my gal but right breast still v.pain despite masaage or letting her latch..
I still pump but the supply is lesser compare when is not pain..I think it's clot but I'm still able to pump but aint as much when there's no pain.

How how???

Wowo so happy for mummies who had gave birth... i m still waiting n my gynae said my baby will be late over e edd...i dont know why she dont want to come out.. everyday i keep sweating

@J.Lau - pls... I end up having to call cab everyday and pay lor. Sometimes I wonder if I save more money staying home instead! I cab both ways.

Haha.. Ya lor and free internet and electricity hahaha

if u feel office more comfortable & relaxing then it's ok. my job requires lots of standing & walking & scolding. hahah. was feeling cramps for few nights after work until I took leave to rest at home. anyway I rested 2 days before I deliver only.

Hi mummies..
I have just nice BM supply for my gal but right breast still v.pain despite masaage or letting her latch..
I still pump but the supply is lesser compare when is not pain..I think it's clot but I'm still able to pump but aint as much when there's no pain.

How how???

most likely is a plugged duct. get it solved asap! before it comes mastitis (breast infection) like me! really miserable. I'm on antibiotics now. every 3h got to manual express to empty the infected breast (coz can't pump). massage until arms ache.. also dunno when will fully recover.. :(

some info on how to treat plugged duct. http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/

previously someone also posted some very helpful info on this.

My baby boy is born today at 40 weeks 1 day weighing 3.8kg :) water bag burst in early morning and showed moderate meconium plus relatively flat heart rate hence went for emergency csect. Unable to breastfeed on day 1 as baby was too sleepy and show lack of interest in feeding :p should try harder tomorrow when he is more active! Good luck to all mummies who are still waiting!

My baby boy is born today at 40 weeks 1 day weighing 3.8kg :) water bag burst in early morning and showed moderate meconium plus relatively flat heart rate hence went for emergency csect. Unable to breastfeed on day 1 as baby was too sleepy and show lack of interest in feeding :p should try harder tomorrow when he is more active! Good luck to all mummies who are still waiting!

So heavy your baby!! Congrats!!!

PicsArt_1407497154918.jpg

Hi ladies, i hav delivered my baby girl this afternoon le! Gynae estimated 3.3kgs but she is out @3.125kgs! Thankfully shebis a great "sucker", i DL her right after she is born :)

Any mummies have introduced bottle to their babies and still able to breastfeed successfully? As I would hope to be able to breastfeed my baby successfully, I am determined not to introduce bottle to my baby within least 3 - 4 weeks to avoid nipple confusion. However, I just caught my confinement nanny using bottle instead of cup feeder. No wonder I could sense a bit of frustration from my son when the flow is light. Am very disappointed. Hopefully it didn't cause much damage and he would still like to latch.

Dear all mummies. May i check if any of u experience 2nd degree tear during d normal delivery? How do you manage the pain? Today is the forth day and i still hav very painful pain at d sticthes though wit pain killer and its very miserable

Dear all mummies. May i check if any of u experience 2nd degree tear during d normal delivery? How do you manage the pain? Today is the forth day and i still hav very painful pain at d sticthes though wit pain killer and its very miserable
I think I've got at least a 2nd degree tear cos got stitches. I also took pain killers but still experience some pain. I just continue to endure. Now after 2 weeks, I'm still experiencing slight pain occasionally.

Hello all mummies, my EDD was 23 Aug, and originally wanted to start maternity on 11 Aug, but my water bag started leaking at 4 Aug morning. Got admitted within the next one hour and nurse said I was already 2cm dilated. Took 9 hours to fully dilate, and 1 hour to push out, and here's my baby boy Ardan. So my maternity started earlier than expected. But there was a re-org at work, so I didn't have to go through a mad rush while waiting to deliver.

1909753_10154474986130608_5420643992563260299_n.jpg

Any mummies have introduced bottle to their babies and still able to breastfeed successfully? As I would hope to be able to breastfeed my baby successfully, I am determined not to introduce bottle to my baby within least 3 - 4 weeks to avoid nipple confusion. However, I just caught my confinement nanny using bottle instead of cup feeder. No wonder I could sense a bit of frustration from my son when the flow is light. Am very disappointed. Hopefully it didn't cause much damage and he would still like to latch.
Try using medela calma? It is designed to provide milkflow similar to breastfeeding. I have bought one but have not try...yesterday finally managed to DL my bb for the first time!

I am pretty flexible in breastfeeding "rules". So my girl has been direct latching, fed via cup, formula bottle feeding and pump milk bottle feeding for the past 2-3 days. I was worried abt her being confused but willing to risk "sacrificing" direct latch so long she is able to eat well. She went through the entire day of bottle feeding yesterday and I just successfully latched her earlier this morning. Of cos it depends on your baby but I think so long yr nipples are well shaped (ie long and big for bb to suck on) and your bb has good experience with direct latch already.. There should not be any problem switching around.

Try using medela calma? It is designed to provide milkflow similar to breastfeeding. I have bought one but have not try...yesterday finally managed to DL my bb for the first time!
I have that bottle and my girl was extremely frustrated drinking from it. So gave up and used the avent normal bottle and teat for infant.

I had no milk for 4 days post partum. So baby was fed formula using avent natural bottle and 0mth teats.

He's latching on me fine as I'm typing this. :)

Congrats girl! I'm a silent reader And read Ur post when Ur water bag burst suddenly... too cute! All the Best on Ur breastfeeding journey!

Hi all, congratulations to all who has popped And jiayou to mummies waiting to pop like me !!

I'm currently 38wks6d with 2nd child, baby girl And will be delivering at mount e Novena.

Just like to check with fellow mummies, when does Ur gynae check Ur cervix for dilation? Just went for gynae check up ytd But gynae din check me for dilation only hooked me to ctg And said I have no signs of contractions And advised Me to just wait for next gynae appt..

I think I've got at least a 2nd degree tear cos got stitches. I also took pain killers but still experience some pain. I just continue to endure. Now after 2 weeks, I'm still experiencing slight pain occasionally.

Do u hav problem walking during the initial days? I am having pain till i its a nightmare to stand n walk

Btw has anyone have Any good Massage lady to introduce ? Saw a mdm sadiah but coudknt find reviews for her..

Any mummies who have popped can advice?

My experience with my first born was that after bottle feeding him with ebm, he didn't like latching on me anymore, and gradually he preferred to be bottle fed. So with my #2 this time, I will latch as much as I can. My CL just suggested to me yday to pump and feed from bottle. But I'm not comfy with that at this stage (only day 5) because of my personal experience with #1. But she said with her many yrs of experience, babies are very adaptable to switch between bottles and nipples. So I guess it all depends on ur child.

Do u hav problem walking during the initial days? I am having pain till i its a nightmare to stand n walk
Can feel the pain during the initial days but bearable perhaps due to the painkillers. I feel that the pubic bone pain is even more painful than the wound.

Thanks mummies for the advice on introducing bottles to breastfed babies. I have the same experience as Didy hence very reluctant to introduce bottle to him and therefore am using cup feeder besides direct latch. However, using cup feeder is a challenge as I find that most milk actually flow out from his mouth. I chanced upon the paced bottle feeding technique for breastfed babies. Maybe I'll try that.

Try not to walk too much and rest more.. I hv been taking pain killer from the first day of delivery till now. Using very thick pad so when sitting on it wun cause too much pain either. Let us jiayou for our speedy recovery.

Bottle feeding / latching
Like most of the mummies, I wanted to latch bb on. #1 couldn't latch well and was on bottle since day 3 coz CL insists cup feeding is too dangerous as bb kept choking! It was a nightmare coz this bb1 totally hates latching on and enjoys pacifier n bottle and scream at my nipples loh. So frustrating ESP for a first time mom then.

So for #2, I latch fully and strictly even at night for 2 weeks. V tiring but super worth it! No pacifier for #2 too! He latches all the way till I stop at 15m! Do rem to latch bb on immediately aft delivery too! It helps! Bb2 fulfilled my dream of latching my bb!!! Haha

So this time round for #3, I'll continue w the 2 weeks no bottle rule but I bought a special soft cup feeder to c if my CL can cope w this new innovation! Haha! It's the same CL lah but u know sometimes we juz need to be flexible and adapt to the caregiver's constraints!! If she can't then I'll still continue to latch.

Seriously, all bb's temperament n habits r so diff! So it's all trial and error!! Some angel babies can jus be bottle fed and latched on!! I juz hope bb3 will be healthy, latch well and milk comes in fast!! I usually start the 3hrly pump schedule fr day1 in hospital (eg 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am,....) it helps stimulate the milk supply so by the time I'm home, milk supply is alr established. Then u won't get stressed up when CL, MIL, hubby etc comment say err not enough milk. It's v demoralizing and itritating loh but juz persevere and believe in yourself k! Think positive thoughts!!

Weiy
Did u inform your gynae of the pain?
Try soaking the wound (whole bottom on a tub) in salt solution. It'll help wound heal faster but can be quite painful.

I had the same prob last time. Pain for 1M! Sit pain, walk pain. Had to sit on a float!!! It heals v fast aft I soak w salt solution. After that I realise it's my Gynae's poor stitching. My 2nd gynae stitches v well and I heal in 2 weeks for my 2nd delivery! No pain even when discharged! My skin is v thin and sensitive too so needs special care.

Btw has anyone have Any good Massage lady to introduce ? Saw a mdm sadiah but coudknt find reviews for her..

Any mummies who have popped can advice?

Carine1, is it Salbiah? If its her then she is good but but ex (double the mkt rate). Currently using her for prenatal massage every week! Old liaoz bones and back breaking!! Haha!

Carine1, is it Salbiah? If its her then she is good but but ex (double the mkt rate). Currently using her for prenatal massage every week! Old liaoz bones and back breaking!! Haha!

Hmmm not salbiah But sadiah.. double market rate?? Oh no...

Can u give me her contact number please? And what's the rate etc..

Congrats to all who have delivered. So excited and happy for u all. Just visited gynae at wk37 and baby is at 2.8 kg. I see some mummies whose gynaes will go ctg scan and check dilation. Is this a must do? So far my gynae never check all these leh. Just say baby head is down and everything is still ok. Hmm..

Weiy
Did u inform your gynae of the pain?
Try soaking the wound (whole bottom on a tub) in salt solution. It'll help wound heal faster but can be quite painful.

I had the same prob last time. Pain for 1M! Sit pain, walk pain. Had to sit on a float!!! It heals v fast aft I soak w salt solution. After that I realise it's my Gynae's poor stitching. My 2nd gynae stitches v well and I heal in 2 weeks for my 2nd delivery! No pain even when discharged! My skin is v thin and sensitive too so needs special care.
I also have sitz bath after feeling some discomfort at the wound area and somehow felt better. But I did not use a lot of sea salt and hence perhaps did not sting at all.

Can feel the pain during the initial days but bearable perhaps due to the painkillers. I feel that the pubic bone pain is even more painful than the wound.

I thought was d muscle pain but could b like u say pubic bone. Haih wat an experience of natural birth

Try not to walk too much and rest more.. I hv been taking pain killer from the first day of delivery till now. Using very thick pad so when sitting on it wun cause too much pain either. Let us jiayou for our speedy recovery.

Yes jiayou fr fast recovery. This pain is really a hindrance to be able spend more time wit my bb

Back