(2014/05) May 2014

I just tried the mothercare lanolin cream.find it vry sticky n hard to apply.is nipple cream all lik tt?
I think last x mount a gt giv me the medela nipple cream to brg hm.bt cant rmb whether chargable n its texture?

Most of u planning full BF in hospic? Will u let ur baby tak formula at nite in hospic?
My advice is, if you're set on BF-ing, then don't think about FM. The hospital is a great place for you to try BF-ing coz' there are lactation consultants there who will help you. Don't be afraid to ask. I mean that's what they are there for.

I just tried the mothercare lanolin cream.find it vry sticky n hard to apply.is nipple cream all lik tt?
I think last x mount a gt giv me the medela nipple cream to brg hm.bt cant rmb whether chargable n its texture?

Most of u planning full BF in hospic? Will u let ur baby tak formula at nite in hospic?

Last time I used Medela also sticky sticky one.

I opt for full BM at hospital. But will standby a tin of FM for night time to be used at home only. If baby latches, Woo Hoo! If not, then will be pump and FM like last time.

Btw, birth registration (if you do it at ICA) is within 42 days from DOB without any penalty (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=160&secid=159). Hehehe... I'm aiming to get Chinese name ready just after confinement and before the 42 days deadline

Rainbowstarz: I am planing to bf fully starting ing hospital. Dreading the engorgement once milk Comes in though.

Oh yeah, ladies, remember to give baby the colostrum... (The tiny amount that comes out before you get milk) it's very
Very good for baby.

I opt for full BM at hospital. But will standby a tin of FM for night time to be used at home only. If baby latches, Woo Hoo! If not, then will be pump and FM like last time.

Btw, birth registration (if you do it at ICA) is within 42 days from DOB without any penalty (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=160&secid=159). Hehehe... I'm aiming to get Chinese name ready just after confinement and before the 42 days deadline
Haha i hope hospic wil giv me anth brand foc.
Tink i buy friso.follow jie jie brand

Yes hospital is a good place to start breastfeeding. Our first milk the colostrum is produced in very little amount but it is sufficient for our babies as their stomach is very small, so don't need to worry about whether is your baby getting milk from latching or not. If baby latches well, chances are yes he is getting milk and the amount of soiled diapers are good sign.

Rainbowstarz: I am planing to bf fully starting ing hospital. Dreading the engorgement once milk Comes in though.

Oh yeah, ladies, remember to give baby the colostrum... (The tiny amount that comes out before you get milk) it's very
Very good for baby.
You know huh ... the engorgement bit when the milk came, to me is like way way worse than labour. I felt like I was gonna die then. Hopefully this time ordeal won't be so bad. During my BF-ing journey, I also kenah mastitis like twice. *sigh*

Oh ya, with my first child I came down with mastitis too! I agree, the engorgement to me is the part I dread the most! I found it hard to get rest as have to pump every so often... Even the baby itself is not so demanding!

Oh ya, with my first child I came down with mastitis too! I agree, the engorgement to me is the part I dread the most! I found it hard to get rest as have to pump every so often... Even the baby itself is not so demanding!

I remembered when I was at hospital when the engorgement happened. So I used hospital's pump. This time round I may be home already. See how it goes. I think for precautionary measures, better bring pump to hospital hor ...

You know huh ... the engorgement bit when the milk came, to me is like way way worse than labour. I felt like I was gonna die then. Hopefully this time ordeal won't be so bad. During my BF-ing journey, I also kenah mastitis like twice. *sigh*
Oh my!!engorgement is so bad one ah:eek:

Having headach tis hot weather..then was lying dwn.sudly lik gt phelgm..cmg dwn frm nose..hmm spit out is blood again.for ntgh..sudly blood again

I remembered when I was at hospital when the engorgement happened. So I used hospital's pump. This time round I may be home already. See how it goes. I think for precautionary measures, better bring pump to hospital hor ...
I heard some hospitals don't allow us to bring own pumps cos they won't sterilise for us after use. Anyone went to MAH tour?

Having headach tis hot weather..then was lying dwn.sudly lik gt phelgm..cmg dwn frm nose..hmm spit out is blood again.for ntgh..sudly blood again
O no u need to rest more and drink more water.. take care girl.. put some ice cube on cloth n place it on nose..

Also can find out will hospital charge to use their pumps? I thought of packing mine but if they provide and for free then rather use theirs

Register at hospital cannot Liao????

anyone using maternity belt? Does it really help to alleviate pain?

I think you are referring to the abdominal belt. Yes it works, especially if you are recovering from c-sec. Get the nurses to bind for you. It needs to be done up pretty tight. Last time once I bound it, I could practically go off the bed and manoeuvre on my own liao.

hihi all
i hardly talk here. normally active in fb threads. come here, i dunno who is who le. pai seh...

rainbowz u got nose bleed? my nose every morning very suan suan feeling. i think too dry. then when i clean my nose during bath time, i can see blood in my dried up mucus. started using humifier, works for me.

anyone needs to check anything with TMC? im heading for my check up in 2 hours time. gynae also going on holiday... dunno when is he coming back.

I think you are referring to the abdominal belt. Yes it works, especially if you are recovering from c-sec. Get the nurses to bind for you. It needs to be done up pretty tight. Last time once I bound it, I could practically go off the bed and manoeuvre on my own liao.

no, i mean pelvic support belt. Im in pain when i walk, so thinking of trying out the support belt to see if it works...

hihi all
i hardly talk here. normally active in fb threads. come here, i dunno who is who le. pai seh...

rainbowz u got nose bleed? my nose every morning very suan suan feeling. i think too dry. then when i clean my nose during bath time, i can see blood in my dried up mucus. started using humifier, works for me.

anyone needs to check anything with TMC? im heading for my check up in 2 hours time. gynae also going on holiday... dunno when is he coming back.
ya i hav nose bleed. bt is sudden type. i dun hav suan feeling.. i guess im heatY? quite sm time no lik tis .sudly cm again... hmm mayb bcos lately kp on aircon

Lol!!! ^5 la! Same same lol my leave is reserve for my girl sick de.. avenue already use up half of it liao.. haiz..
Mc n leave are nvr engh.... c hw tmr tak wat..anyway tis yr i giv birth thy wun giv me gd appraisal score.haha mayb i shld jus maximise to max ;p

Mc n leave are nvr engh.... c hw tmr tak wat..anyway tis yr i giv birth thy wun giv me gd appraisal score.haha mayb i shld jus maximise to max ;p
Got like this kind of practice? This year pregnant then don't get good appraisal shouldn't be because of pregnancy bah?

Hi all, I m 34+ wks pregnant,edd on 13/5.Would like to check if anyone has good post natal massage lady using Jamu to recommend?
And which confinement food delivery have u booked? Natal essential or chilli padi? any comment?Tks.

Hi all, I m 34+ wks pregnant,edd on 13/5.Would like to check if anyone has good post natal massage lady using Jamu to recommend?
And which confinement food delivery have u booked? Natal essential or chilli padi? any comment?Tks.
I goin to book natal essential bt gd or not i dunno.haha

True! I guess almost everywhere are the same.. tts what my work friend told me when they had their last yr appraisal due to pregnancy so not v good..
Thy will nt say out its bcos of tis bt understood lor esp if u r not pet.5 yrs bck wen i preggy also get poor appraisal score
Not very fair leh.. Quite lucky my bosses and colleagues very supportive, and my appraisal based on work performance instead of pegging on to attendance.

Not very fair leh.. Quite lucky my bosses and colleagues very supportive, and my appraisal based on work performance instead of pegging on to attendance.
Yup same practice At mine. Boss said If performance same as a peer but bcos of maternity leave, will drop 1 grade due to parity cos limited pie to share. I think it's ok cos after all work only a fraction of the year.

Back