(2014/02) February 2014

lala, i think the CL you called is treating you like chopping board. i have never heard must give CL money for meals and never heard of angbao must minimun $200!!!! we gave our CL first angbao $68 then when she left another $188 cuz we really like her. but i know some of my friends nv give so much also.

Yup I guess as much. Btw I'm jyjy. Haha the new SMF rename me as lala~ but I'm ok with both cos my nick means lala jyjy ^^
I know I hv to pay for marketing cost & provide her meals but nvr tot she will hv so much demand. It's 1st time I heard of minimum sum for CL angbao as if I'm attending a wedding dinner. Isn't tat an apprec for her gd work instead of a fixed add on charge & I dun think many can afford $6k for CL its like few mths salary for many of us for a 28d work. I think norm mth $2.5k-peak mth $3.5k still reasonable. So I guess I'm frighten off by her demands. Guess I rather give my own mum the $ & ask her help me in daytime for cooking my meals & bathing my bb.

jy or lala. Your nick also got changed ;)
i'm actually ok with bellebelle too cos i think i actually use it when i signed up a decade ago. aiyoh so long ago, cant remember what exactly happened. blushblush better now since 'everyone' knows me by that nick.

Im paying $3.2k for my CL.. just confirmed her last saturday and paid her a $300 deposit.. my EDD is 11 feb.. in case i deliver early or during CNY, she will also come out and do for me.

When i met her saturday.. also keep emphasizing on the angpow.. esp if during cny cos i tink she mention the bus fare out also more expensive if during cny.. but just to buy a peace of mind...

mine is $3.5k. paid a deposit of $500.

babypupps, u really shld start finding one asap if u r keen in engaging one. they r like super "hot" stuff. haha

yes indeed.. must start to source for 1 already.. i called up about 10-12 CLs and got rejected by most of them cos alot dont wan to do CNY or already booked or clash in schedule.. there was a lady who wanted to charge me $4k!

my mom did the calling. i think she called 6. one wanted to charge $4.8k
1 said ok then nx day call to say she scare clash with another couple.
so we called another. it was quite a frustrating process.

jyjy - wah, the CL really dare to request wor. Even normal rate also I would rather give to my mum, that was what I did for #1. My mum came (from Msia) to cook for me and hubby and also handle most of the house work. But hubby and I care for baby at night ourselves so that my mum won't be too tired. I think I gave my mum about RM5.5k that time. Not sure about this time, haven't break the news to parents yet. Hope my mum is able to help this time too but is really too close to CNY and she will be busy.

Had fried kuey teow + vege + drumlet for breakfast. Then feel super nausea...so tired and no energy. Bad start of the day leh :(. Tomorrow will be my 2nd gynae visit and will do blood test as well. Can't wait to see baby. Usually how you ladies request for MC from gynae? Has been feeling very bloated, nausea and super tired. Feel like asking 2 or 3 days MC from gynae tomorrow. Does your gynae OK with giving MC? or only give if really really need?

Oh dear.... If this is the case, I dun even know if I can get one le.
Btw, where and how did you all source for the CL? My previous 2 was done by mum so it's my first time sourcing. What is the rate like cos my edd is on the 4 Feb or earlier... Pls advise me mummies. TIA

babypupps, mine, we asked around from friends/relatives who engaged CL before.
i saw ppl mention a range of $3.2 - $4k for cny period.

hihi morning all mtbs,

i don't like this new forum format.

wow the CL really charge very exp. if every month they take up new job, one year can make good $ better than working.

usually ask frens for recommendation esp those who have children and used CL before.. always better if pple recommend cos ive heard from alot of frens of the really bad ones that they have no choice but to send them back halfway... ive got another lady that i shortlisted but she can only do from 3rd Feb onwards.. if u wan let me know i can give u her contact. i didnt choose her in the end cos i wanted 1 that can come anytime... even if during CNY cos really no one at home to help me look after....

When I told my mum CL cost abt 3.5k to she said she would rather go learn a few confinement dishes herself and do confinement for me. Then I told her that I'm afraid that I won't know how to take care of baby she said since I know how to give birth then I should know how to take care of one. During her time where got such thing as CL, they have to learn as they go along. Thankfully, my mum is already staying with me and she doesn't mind helping out with a bit of housework with the part time cleaner doing the major cleaning and I'll be catering confinement food after birth. We also not pantang kind so not following many 'confinement rules' so I guess should be easier.

omg, i hate this new forum. idk who is who.

ladies , mayb can go to your profile and add in a signature so we recognize each other again?

Ya I rather pay my own mum full rate as I know she will take gd care of me & bb. Most Polly, ask mum to cook my meals & bath bb. Rest of the stuff & nite I will do myself for bb. Housework as k DH to help or hire a part time helper. Think CL is like if u pay & get gd svc still not so bad but if we pay & get those who can't cook as well as mum & dun really help much den its a nitemare. As we spend Few mths salary invest on CL I dun feel easy with a stranger living in my house as well. Also scared she come up with all sort of demand after coming den leave me like at her mercy. Ya like wat blushblush say my mum nvr hv a CL & she cook for herself, tc bb, do housework but well she survive. Think mb I can give it a try & use the savings on CL for beta stuff. To be honest for CL one job is Rm6-9k I guess they only hv to take 2-5 job a year & they can rest for the other mths. I do salute those CL who is really very committed & motherly but not easy to find.

Went for my weekly scan on Sat. Beanie continue to grow strong. Came home to watch the short clip that gynae took during scan and noticed beanie kicking legs...watching it like a million times already by now :) just can't get enough of watching it.

Hi mummies, wah finally can connect after two days. Haha.

Blush blush, how did Gynae record e clip? So advanced.

Anyway mummies, as we approach second trimester, do u find boobies not so pain already but still swollen la. Is this normal? I googled international www and apparently this is normal as now placenta now makes hcg. Can't wait for my scan on wed!

Jac yr girl is very sweet :)

Blushblush, yr bb is like my bb. Lying leisurely in my womb kicking his legs & playing with his hands. My gynae didn't video for me tat magical moment thou. But I managed to hear bb heartbeat like horse galloping in stereo ^^
Will ask DH to capture bb action by video next round.

eh can take honey ah? i remember with #1 i dont dare to take much honey. i think cannot take manuka le. the lady selling honey told me. cant remember le.

vee, go wang cafe, buy the honey lemon drink. hahahahahah

Jacquise. My gynae doesn't print the u/s for me. He would save the scans in my thumbdrive for me to bring home. Other than the still pics, he would also take short clips, few seconds only, to save in thumbdrive too. He uses a 4D machine so he would be taking 4D u/s for me in third tri also.
Is that a pic of your daughter in your profile? She looks so adorable.

Can take honey. Cos when I was coughing very badly when I found out I'm preggie so when I went to see my first gynae I asked him and he said can drink. When I went to see my 2nd/current gynae, I also asked him and he said can drink. However if u feel unsafe, it's best to call your gynae to check first.

Ya man. I want another girl. Boys will fight when they meet other boys. That's their way of making frens. Gals juz play Masak Masak....

My #1 is a boy..coming to 2 years...hoping for a girl. But hubby says very used to taking care of boy already...so boy also OK..haha. Now that you mentioned, I also worry if boy again will fight leh.

HAIYO...hate the new forum!!

anyway. regarding drinking honey...can drink lah. everytime after i mega puke, i will have a warm cup of honey to soothe my throat n upset tummy and it usually works.

but i dunno abt manuka. i just drink the normal honey.

went for my oscar last friday and thankfully lil bud was v cooperative. in the correct position and stayed v still while the radiographer was doing the measurement. after tt i commented y the baby so still and i think he heard me cos he started kicking n waving n dancing. LOL

girls have very cute clothings! boys clothes very boring after a while! argh... i cant wait to do OSCAR i think i am last in the grp to do (my edd is the latest).

we gather after i finish my oscar can or not. hahaha

crysstall, baby needs to stay still while doing oscar scan? What will be the correct position?

Lefaithful, totally agreed with you. I prefer gal as well coz can dress her up. Boys clothes are limited.

Hi hi, has anyone gone for a pedicure? Cos I know we can't go foot reflexology and pedicure actually has foot massage too. So wondering if its ok to go for one.

haha...true also la...i used to fight with my sis when i was young...hehe.

Besides pedicure, can we go for hair rebonding?

MZ, I am also thinking if I should go for hair rebonding... But I guess should be okay. Blogger XiaXue, dyed her hair throughout her pregnancy. Should not be a problem right?

BlushBlush, I will still be going for pedicure. Maybe you can opt out the foot massage?

Back