(2014/02) February 2014

vanessa, depends on how pan dang are you. Usually is the 1st trimster that people do not attend wedding and funeral. You will need to consult your parents or in laws. It's better to respect their decisions whether to attend or not.

tks Jacquise
happy.gif

Vanessa, i have sent u the invites. shld be in ur inbox or junkbox. i have even sent an email regarding the mt E qns u asked me. haha

go check ur hotmail!
happy.gif

Mummymode...
my little stylo is my friz.. she customise the tees or romper... she can draw for u also...

I just got 7 sets of tees from her for my girl.

HI V,

You also gg to deliver in Raffles?? Hope to be able to bump into you there.

SS, i see.. will def support!! today i quite free in office so browsing thru see what can buy and customize.. thou super duper early...

vanessa - i went to my BIL wedding in my 1st trimester last pregnancy. this pregnancy - i have 2 in my second trimester. i think it's up to you and i agree with consulting your in-laws coz some super pan tang. i even went for baby's full month. =)

SS: yeap! hope to see you there! i saw another mummy who delivered back in 2011 at raffles. which obs you seeing?

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum.
EDD is 24 Feb 2014
Hospital will likely be MAH since Gleneagles is super expensive
Gynae: Dr Cathryn Chan from Gleneagles

I am a first time mum and really very excited about everything!

So far I went for 2 checkups and my gynae did ultrasounds both time. Not sure if she's trying to get more $ out of each visit or is it a necessity but I must say, I was very happy during my 7th week visit to hear my baby's heartbeat.

Next checkup will be next Monday on my 10th week.

Btw, any of you going to do the NT scan or have done already? I am quite worried about the results when I go through that. But my hubby wants..

Hi mummies, anyone know what brand stretch mark cream is cheap & gd? Thinking of getting 1. When do we need to start applying? Thanks ^^

Xiao ling,
is it? Cannot go and see animals during pregnant? No wonder I never see pregnant women at zoo before.

CheeryZ,
Yah, yah, I'm afraid of heat. Even though wanted to go to the zoo, was thinking about the warm weather too.

Jy jy,
I only applied olive oil at my first pregnancy. Stretch mark never came out le. Very cheap too. I bought at ntuc, $3 + only. I started applying around 5 months.

Woaw... This thread is moving super fast! Can't finish reading all the posts! Just want to pop by to wish everyone a nice weekends ahead!

Going for my 2nd visit to gynea tomorrow morning, hope to hear my beannie heartbeat!

Angeline,
I also thinking to bring my girl to Zoo. But I do hear some eldery say pregnant woman cannot go zoo, forget what is the reason behind. Anyway, I went bird park on my wk5 before I knew I am pregnant. Guess should be ok ba. haha...

Jyjy,
Ya, you can start applying stretch mark cream as early as possible. But sad to say, I still get tons of stresch marks all round my tummy during my #1, super ulgy. Sign... but I think also very much depends on our own skin condition lar. My skin is never been good! Sob...

Yeah, few hours to go! Happy weekneds ya!

sentosaubin and jyjy: palmer gave me itch and it's not really fantastic - try and get a sample first? i used normal lotions eg: steam cream, avojuice etc, apply on tummy, back and thighs. i started when i saw my bump =)

Welcome wan~ i'll be doing NT scan at the end of my 12th week. went through it with my first pregnancy so i'll do it again with this one

Welcome and Congrats Wan
happy.gif

NT scan = Oscar?
I just did mine 2 days back.

Stretchmark cream: i using palmers too. but not regularly, i keep forgetting abt it! Haha, god bless my tummy

Thanks Vee for the invite to fb!
happy.gif

Ya, alot of my good frens getting married tis year and I am looking forward to share their joy as wat they had shared mine..hehe hope their parents dun mind me attending weddings..haha we are living in modern society now..hehe

All working mums, how u all planning ur annual leaves for this year? Which trimester do we usually need more rest ah? I'm now anyhow take leaves to rest during tis 1st trimester. :p think got to plan properly..hahaa..

How to get fair and fat babies...haha..now my food cravings are those food with dark sauce like fried carrot cake, duck porridge,wanton mee, tomyum, mee siam, laksa kim...sounds unhealthy ah? Hahaa..I drank lots cold water and ribena...and I really missed my dearest coke..forgot how it tasted like like...hmmm...

Me gg for my NT scan tmr. But appt fixed mrng fr bloodtest and noon back for the scan.... Bit tired to run 2x... Just hope everything are fine
happy.gif
Cant wait to see my precious tmr!

Stretchmark cream : Clarins is good
happy.gif

Jac wow ur gal is big but dun worry, being bullied n learning to cope is part of growin up hee.. Mine 20mths. Ya ms tis x so tiring..

Yi zhen so u buying double stroller side by side? Narrow doors can't go thro rite. I saw up n down n can face each other.

Oil I used clarins but q ex. I reali like the smell thou! Haven tried others.

My elders say go zoo c animals bb will look like animals lol.

Weddings Oso need to ask if they r pantang. Sometimes we r not but eg my hubby fren told him not to attend her wedding.

Vanessa,

Haha.. I just applied a day leave to sleep at home next week. LOL... But I think we will be getting more tired in third trim! So better save more during our last trim.
happy.gif
But my AL left not much already.

michelle!! my mom say she don't have. both pregnancy also no. *prays* that i don't have too.

but i didnt inherit her slim figure leh. i'm more of my daddy's. >.<

blessmybb and vee, my NT scan is scheduled on 12 weeks and kinda worried if the results show a positive sign for down syndrome? I also hope the scan will show baby is all good.
happy.gif

Vanessa - I already planning for holidays during 2nd tri. :p Sep got 2 trips, one to Phuket with company and one to Hong Kong with hubby. Oct another 2 more trips, one to cruise with mum and followed by Korea for company meeting. So my limited AL will be used up for holidays and whatever rest I need after those holidays. Each trip to gynae only takes me about 1 hour and luckily so far boss always not around, so I don't bother with AL or MC ;P

is-elle - I read somewhere that older folks believe that if you see animals during yr pregnancy, your baby will look like the animal! hahahah

Hi sisters thanks for the stretchmark info. will go &amp; buy this weekend &amp; start applying. all working mtbs, JY~ less than 2hrs to go ^^ happy weekend sisters
happy.gif

Hi Wan, Congrats and welcome
happy.gif

Our EDD is quite close! Mine's 25th Feb and I'm a first time mum too!

I had done two scans so far and my next visit will be in 2 weeks time (ard week 11?). As for doing the oscar, it's up to individual ba.
I'm definitely gonna do it cos im not that young anymore i.e 34 this year and my gynae advise that it's better to have it done.

Hi everyone, anyone knows when is a good time to buy maternity bras? My current under-wired bras are super tight now and i'm contemplating to get bigger normal non wired bras or the maternity bras for better support.
Any advices?

My tummy is growing really big too. I look 4months pregnant (looking at the photos from those pregnancy books) instead of just two months. Can't even fit into any of my shorts le. Faint.

As for stretch marks, i heard Bio-oil is really good too! Will probably give that a try
happy.gif

Have a great weekend everyone
happy.gif

lilcookiedough - congrats to you too! which hospital you delivering at? yeah my scan is at 12 weeks in about 2 weeks plus time.

Also, for the bra, my boobs already grown 1 size bigger within 1 month plus so I recently went to la senza and bought 3 bras for $40 at a bigger size. I didn't want to spend so much on maternity bras now as I have no idea will it get bigger. So might as well just buy something cheap to last for a while. So maybe you can go check out their sales too?
happy.gif

luvbabymarket - such a coincidence! Yup maybe we will get to see each other there. I am going on 13 - 14 Sep.
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

I am a mother of 1 boy (2yrs old now) and now expecting twin pregnancy.

EDD: 18 Feb 2014

I have been asked for bedrest at home and was given 2 weeks MC due to one of the twin had low amniotic fluid level.

Anyone here expecting twins as well??

I am not allowed to attend any wedding or funeral (even relatives) ever since I know I m preggy.. as my MIL super pantang.. she is a nice lady except that she is very pantang in all these..

For the stretchmark cream, we apply all over our tummy?
sorry if I sound stupid.. i din know about stretchmark cream thingy till i read the posts..

Vanessa!! Lol im eating the exact same stuff as you.. Was also thinking to myself the same question.. But no chioce that's the only foods that give me appetite lor.. The rest see already aso don't feel like eating. ESP fish!! Dunno y..

I just bot the Clarins stretch mark cream.. It's $82. Will try to rmbr to apply every night!

Hi all mtbs, how everyone?

on 2days AL cos yesterday my boy 2nd birthday, we went USS, he was tired at ard 3pm, wanted me to hug him to slp but I was feeling so breathless so no choice pass him to my mum feel so guilty as can't carry him.

Vanessa, my boy is very fair with rosy cheek. If want fair bb u can try eat beancurd skin with ginkgo nut but best to eat after5mths n also eat birdnest (eat abt 2-3liang will do, too much not good, try to eat ard 6-8mth ). People 1st comment abt my boy usually will said he has fair skin so u can give it a try.

Hi all mummies!so happy to gossip with u all here!share with us ur scan results!

Wow, some of ur pregnancy life is so happening and exciting! Cool to be active!
I've already postponed my honeymoon trip to US as I had jus recovered frm spotting. Ever since, I dare not anyhow run liao..haha guaiguai finish my 1strimester 1st.
happy.gif
me try not to walk too much now..but due to the nature of my job bobian..boss converting me to deskbound..

Mummymode: High5^ haha..ya, if I dun get to eat the food I craved for, I will feel like puking and hence eat very very little..but fish I am ok..hehe, now all my past favs prawns and shitakae mushrooms bcum my most hated food cant wait to donate away..haha!

sunshine baby: ya I heard birdnest we still cant eat them now yet right..mus be during 2nd or 3rd trimester..I shall pester and remind my hubby again to buy for baby when the time comes..now he still actact ignore me sia..haha..

Now all my pants cant be worn..bought some adjustable work pants frm spring maternity quite comfy but cost $60+, quite exp. Haha..I too using bra extenders but they are at their max length liao..jialat..I missed the la senza sales..wasted! 3 for $40 bras is worth it!

Got a Bio oil to try...find it rather oily. My friends rec Clarins but that is more ex. They said it's effective and smells good. They recommend to apply after a shower.

Lil One: Can apply over tummy and the sides as well...thighs and boobs.

Vee: I pm u my email for the fb group.
happy.gif
Thanks!!!

I personally like topicream. No stretch marks for no1 after using it. And when no 1 had eczema, pd also recommended to use topicream for my gal. Reasonable price too. $30+ one tube.

Hi Wan, most prolly gonna deliver in TMC
happy.gif

Yupz, think i also increase by a cup size. Thought can put off buying new bra till much later, but the under-wired is making me really uncomfortable. Wow, La senza have so good offer! Will go check it out!! Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Vee, i doubt the bra extenders will work for me.
sad.gif
Been wearing sports bra but getting too tight and uncomfortable too. Hee

Hi Jasmine, congrats and welcome! Wow, Twinnes!! So nice
happy.gif
Hope it's nothing too serious. Take care

Hi Lil One's, how come cannot attend wedding? I just confirmed my attendance to attend a wedding in sept worr. Had to rejected two previously cos havent pass the 1st trimester. Thought should be okay in 2nd trimester le?

Hi vanessa, i can so "feel" you. I can't squeeze into my jeans and shorts le. Faint. Now just wearing that few dresses that can still fit for now.

Hi Jan, yeap, it's very oily right? i tried to massage the oil in but the skin doesn't seem to absorb any of it. At least very moisturizing for my hands and fingers. Lol

LilCookieDough: yeah very oily, take sometime to absorb but apply after showering helps... I find it quite useful for the neck though not really for stretch marks but for reducing fine lines.

Good morning to all. Finally can use the 'new' forum. However my nick has been changed from blushblush to bellebelle.:( Emailed them to change back. Hopefully they change it fast.

Morn blushblush or bellebelle also nice.. Keke.. Belle means Pretty lady :)
Yup sisters u need to click the top left reset pw hyperlink b4 u can log in. Yest when calling 1 of the recommended freelance msia CL & got a shock on the rates even for after Cny15 she ask for $3k+minimum$200angbao+extra$ for CL daily meals. I tot she can juz eat wat I eat or buy more ingredient she like at my cost & cook herself but she say I've to give her extra$ for buying her meals as my confinement food is not suitable for norm ppl consumption & she dun want to cook her own share==" den she comment minimum $200 angbao & some even gif her $500-600angbao. She add on now norm rate for gd CL is $3k or up & CNY period is double $3kx2?? So I guess I can't afford a CL den will DIY & get mum to help me with cooking cos after CL salary & her misc ++ & my own confinement meals marketing cost will be $4k & up. I heard my fren told me its ard $2.3k-$2.5k didn't know it shot up so high when I ask for 15 feb or later. It's quite shocking even for angbao she has a minimum rate tot its like up to individual I was thinking $88 or $100 think really gd den give more.

Back