(2013 TTC after loss support group)

Well I just tested. Nope I'm not preggie. Lol I thought I was too. Lol

Hi hopeful mum,

Have you tried tcm? They can give you things to tiao and your af can come faster, my last mc I waited almost 8 weeks! This time round less than 5 weeks it's here le!

Last edited:

Hi mango hope,

Erm I'm ashamed to say that I wanted to try tcm buy I couldn't wake up early enough to visit that famous one at marine parade yet :(. Oh well I'm going for a one night stay at pan pac hotel to catch fireworks on national day. Compliments from my ex colleague as farewell gift. Keke so af not here also good, hopefully can Lomantic for awhile. Lol.

Chris wow u are so far away. Migrated there or posted to work? U very wei da, for baby fly all the way back! I better get my act moving to see a tcm.

For those who are in sg enjoy this long weekend. For Chris who is away, we will be thinking of our fellow sg mates who are overseas. I rem studying in aus, and I feel sad cox there is no celebration etc plus no PH. Lol. Coming back to sg makes me slightly more patriotic. Lol.

Hopeful mum,

You can try a normal tcm 1st? I'm going to the one at geylang. She's also famous for curing 女人病.

Happy holiday everyone! :)

Mangohope I stay in the west. Lol I lazy leh. I go see the dr at nuh on 26 aug first bah. Yeah happy holidays Im so happy and grateful for this long weekend!

Hi mango hope,

Erm I'm ashamed to say that I wanted to try tcm buy I couldn't wake up early enough to visit that famous one at marine parade yet :(. Oh well I'm going for a one night stay at pan pac hotel to catch fireworks on national day. Compliments from my ex colleague as farewell gift. Keke so af not here also good, hopefully can Lomantic for awhile. Lol.

Chris wow u are so far away. Migrated there or posted to work? U very wei da, for baby fly all the way back! I better get my act moving to see a tcm.

For those who are in sg enjoy this long weekend. For Chris who is away, we will be thinking of our fellow sg mates who are overseas. I rem studying in aus, and I feel sad cox there is no celebration etc plus no PH. Lol. Coming back to sg makes me slightly more patriotic. Lol.

married here...im not that good lah..i paiseh you call me weida.. it's just preliminary plans not concrete yet to come back pending the doc results here..but one thing is i miss my family very much loh..esp aging parents..want to do more for them..

Hi ladies, I join you guys to chat here ok? I'm gonna start TTC end of this month, its been 4 months since my last MC, feeling very nervous. I was feeling very carefree for the last few months cos doctors at NUH told me not to try again until all the blood test results are out. Now that i'm cleared to try again, i just have this very anxious feeling.

Thanks mangohope. My case is similar to yours, also 2 mcs (5-7weeks), 3 if counting 1 chemical miscarriage (i'll rather not count that in to feel better). I'm put on baby aspirin and 10mg of folic acid, has anyone tried baby aspirin?

Hi dawnies,

I took baby aspirin and prosgesterone during my 2nd pregnancy but still didn't my baby didn't make it :,(
I guess I start taking them too late, they say should start during ttc period.
Did NUH found out what is the cause of your mc?
Hope to hear your good news soon and prepare myself better for trying again! We can do it! :)

No apparent cause is found by NUH. Some of my numbers are not as high as what Prof M would like but its still within normal range. Yes, he asked me to start baby aspirin during ttc period, but progesterone only when i get bfp, and will have to run some more tests once i get bfp. Are you planning to go to NUH?

Dear All,

I'd poly-cystic ovaries (which mean I don't ovulate regularly), after trying for more than a year, I finally conceive but to end up with ectopic pregnancy and had my tube removed. Continue to try for another year (with clomid and timing around ovulation period), we gave up as we feel we totally lost the feeling of making love. Feel mechanical. So we just "do-it" whenever we feel the passion (without calculating the ovulation date , take temperature etc) and to our surprise, we got pregnant after 2 months. My boy is now a 6 years old kid.

With poly-cystic ovaries, only 1 fallopian tube and constant lack of sleep ;), my number 2 came along unexpectedly, 3 years later.

Let go and let God. Sometime we try too hard and stress ourselves up thus making it even harder to conceive. Those who managed to conceive, try not to think too much about past MC, you'll stress yourself and stress is definitely not good for baby, enjoy the pregnancy.

All the Best !!!!

Hi dawnies,

Going to try for te third time and see how * touch wood* if happen again mayb will try NUH.

Jovialz,
Seeing your msg really motivates us! We will jiayou :)

hi ladies, how are u gals?

sorry i mia again. mangohope touch wood for u. sigh my af 7weeks liao havent come :(((
2 more weeks to seeing prof M.

Dawnies,
are they nice? and are they detailed? is it very costly??? i had 3 mcs already, most recent is ectopic, but didnt remove tube. during the 3rd i tried progestrone, baby aspirin and i tink got one dr even give me some form of steroids.. still didnt make it. but i also took only after i BFP.

im waiting eagerly to try again... sigh not young liao :(

Jovialz, thanks for the encouragement. Let go and let God, i really need to keep that in mind :)

Mangohope, Touch wood for you too! Are you planning to try again soon?

Hopefulmom, they did about 12 tests on me and 2 tests on hubby, we paid about 2+k, but i went in as a private patient during my last mc. They are very nice and helpful, really looked through all my old medical reports. Do bring along your medical records from your existing gynea if you can. The tests would take about 1+ month to complete depending on what tests they are running on you as certain tests have to be done on specific days on the cycle. I'm very eager to try again too as i'm not young as well.

Yupp I'm going to try as soon as they give me the go ahead sign. The tcm ask me to wait for my third circle to try.

Thanks dawnies for the info. Okay I hope for all the long wait I get my test won't be too ex. I'm eager to try too. Hmm 12 tests means take a lot of blood?! Can I ask hubby needs to take blood test or just semen test? My hubby is the super scared needle type. He will still do it for us but he will be very agitated 2 days before the test. Lol. He is the type not shy to tell u he is scared of needle. He will turn pale! Lol

Hopefulmum, most tests are 1 tube per test, so its quite a lot of blood drawn. Hubby did a blood test as well as semen test, mostly is to check for genetics issues. My hubby hates hospital in general, but no choice but to suck it up and do it :)

Mnagohope, your dog is so cute!

TGIF! I'm the happiest on weekends, happy me happy eggs!

Hi all, how's everyone doing?

Today's Monday and next week I finally get to go to nuh. How time flies! Been feeling frustrated as I have the "pregnancy type of nipples" but I'm not pregnant. Probably just af trying to arrive but struggling which caused the hormones to be going nuts.

And I'm going nuts too. Sign took 4 tests all negative. Was worried that
Pregnant but also disappointed that I'm not. Such a dilemma. Sigh I'm hoping to find some answers soon.

Anyone has good news yet?

Hi all,

The clinic got back my blood test from NUH but everything's normal... It's so disheartening to not find out a cause for my repeat mc.

Heart's feeling really heavy :(

Hi mangohope,
I'm so sorry to hear. Don't feel dishearten it may not be a bad thing. At least u know its not anyone's fault and its just chromosomal mismatch and maybe blame it on bad luck.

Sorry I'm not very good at words and I hope I didn't make u feel worse. Such a dilemma right if found out for prob then we may ask why we didn't find out earlier or worried it may not be treated. When no probs we also don't know what to do to treat it and make it work.

But don't give up ya, we will be mummy one day :)

Hopefulmum,

Ya I know what you mean don't worry :)
Think I'll just guai guai continue my tcm and wait 1 more cycle before I start trying again.

Thank you for encouraging me! Just feeling abit low this afternoon! Life is full of hope! So yupp we cannot give up :)

Yeah it's normal to feel sad and go ahead but after that feel happy and be positive after that. My pimples are revenging and it just starts to pop cox I can finally feel my af coming. No af for 9 weeks so all the pimples come all at once.
Plus I'm not slping well, hubby outstation again. I don't slp well when he is not with me :(

Can't wait for him to come back so I can get some good slp. I'm so worried abt next weeks appointment.

Hopefulmum,

You're missing your hubby hahas! For my case is cant sleep well for a few weeks already ;( always sleeping at 2-3am and wake up at 8 to work... Don't know how long this can go on.

Hi mangohope, unfortunately i cant manage to do a comb-over with my own dog. I have a mixed terrier, old and lazy fella who loves to hang around the kitchen whenever someone is in there, waiting for any 'charity'.

I understand how you feel. I felt the same thing after undergoing all the tests at NUH and finding out nothing. At the same time I was terribly relieved that nothing is grossly wrong but at the same time wondering whats causing all these mcs. We just have to be strong and keep going :)

Hopefulmum, when is your hubby coming back? My hubby also travels for work sometimes. I had given him all the fertile dates for the next few months so that he can be around to work on the baby-making project :D

Haha he will be back on Friday. That's the prob he travels so much. And he is not in charge I give him the dates and usually he missed it. Only can catch it end of the year cox he travels less. Else we mostly miss the dates. Lol so difficult to get preggie.

Today my period is platings tricks on me. I thought FINALLY its here. Coz I saw one strain when I wiped. So wear pad. Nothing! Argh! I'm so irritated. I hope it just arrive tmr!

Mangohope I miss him lah but I scare to slp alone one. Lol.

Hi all

Was reading through the posts and thinking that i needed some support, so decided to write a post..
I lost my beanie when beanie is at 5wk in end jun. Till now, im still feeling gloomy at times..

Had been seeing tcm then and guess my body recover already. The tcm that we visited was quite good with mini confinement packages.

We are TTC already. Really hope that we can be blessed with a healthy child soon.

Actually it is quite stressful when it is nearing your menstrual period..Praying that my period is missed! *Guess all jiemeis will understand my feeling right?

Really needed some support, so thought of chatting here.

I was seeing 2 gynae previously, one is John Tee in KKH and the other was Dr Phua in Kovan. Wondering should i continue with John tee. Both gynaes are very experienced and nice. However, for KKH, you can walk in to John tee when you suddenly have any complications, just like what i experienced previously. You will be seen by other doc in the 24hrs O&G clinic. That are not that experienced and they are quite particular abt medical leave (mc).

For Dr Phua, as he is a private practitioner, i can call the clinic to fix an appt if anything urgent happen..

hmm...what do you all think? Can share with me your views?

Tia

Sum05, sorry that you are here. Good luck to ttc! Personally I tried a few gynaes 3 in total and when things happen I always go back to the first one. So now I know who I really want. But this gynae doesn't want to do tests for me otherwise I sure stick with him. Cox he did 2 operations for me and his nurses are very good. I really trust him now. But nuh is doing the tests for me, if everything goes well then I will stick with nuh. In future after having baby I believe I will still go back to my current gynae.

So ultimately it's who u trust and who u are more comfy with. Wat I understood was for kkh even if u are not their patient they will still see u for the 24hr emergency. Also u wouldn't want to have any more emergency.

Ladies my period finally started today after torturing me for 9.5weeks! Argh during period do ultra sound like can't see much. Don't know if prof mahesh will do it on Monday. Finally get to see him so excited!

Ladies my period finally started today after torturing me for 9.5weeks! Argh during period do ultra sound like can't see much. Don't know if prof mahesh will do it on Monday. Finally get to see him so excited!

Good luck! And hope to hear your good news soon! :)

Thanks ladies. I'm done with the dr meet up. No prof mahesh but Anita and one more lady dr. So I'm waiting to take my blood tests today. Opted to do all blood tests. Not sure how many tubes of blood they need to take. Go through the pain once and for all.

Then just need to come back for a urine test. I'm lucky to do all today cox I'm having my period. Oh no I'm waiting and already can feel the pain! Ouch needles!

Hope u ladies are doing good too. Update u later how many tubes of blood were taken. Lol.

I thought I would have passed out. They took 11 tubes of blood for the following tests:
1) pre conception screen II
2) thrombophillia screening II
3) erythrocytes sedimentation rate
4) immunophenotyping-lymphocyte subsets
5) anti-b2-glycoprotein lgG
6) anti-b2-glycoprotein lgM
7) SLE panel
8) thyroid screen 2
9) anti- nuclear antibody (ANA)
10) anti-extractable nuclear antigen identif
11) cytogenetics (karyotyping)

Then hubby needs to do the karyotyping too.

Hi ladies, it's been a while since I logged in, hope everybody is doing great!

Hopeful, OMG, 11 tubes! Wah biang u r tough, I think if it was me I would have fainted already. When will u get the results? Hope they can find the problem n rectify it once n for all. :)

Bbcrips how have u been? Lol ya and I'm very short, not thin and weighing 45kg. Just pass to be able to donate blood. I was abit scared at first. But I rather just get it done and not do the tests later. I scared busy then keep dragging. So yeah I probably can go donate blood soon :)

Total cost, now that I'm more same and read carefully, with no subsidy it's 1.7k. But with subsidy I pay 1k lesser. Yeah man hope that they can find the prob. Cox I'm on subsidy I only get to see dr once a mth. Just nice for all the tests to be ready. Some tests take 3weeks etc. so just nice. Now just relax and no ttc for me. Dr say wait til I find out what happened.

I opted out of hsg asked if it was necessary. They say not really for my case. Cox I did it before and I find the process really painful and scary. So I rather not do it if its not crucial at this stage :)

Now my job is to push hubby who is super scared of needles to go this fri and I do my urine test.

Sup twinsy! Been awhile to see you here! Trying again already? Or still waiting for the right time?
not trying yet. giving myself 6 months recovery.

hopeful_mum,: 11 tubes of blood! i prob will faint too. i still cringe when i tot of the nurses poking me all over trying to find a vein.

hi sum05: sorry for your loss. my darlings left me for nearly 4 months now..i still cant stop thinking of them. whenever i saw the scar on my tummy..i will feel sorry for them. give urself time to grieve and prep your body to try again.

Hi hi hopeful mum!! Hi everyone.... Hope everyone is doing fine.

Hopeful, that time I also took 11 tubes of blood. Hope nuh can help u find out what prob :) hugs

hi hi ladies..hope everyone is doing well! :)

back for a short update from me..been to the doc here and she is referring me to a pte gynae + also working closely with my ivf doc, insisting to them that i should be given the choice to do a detail check in view of my losses.. so yeah they finally said yes that they are doing a very thorough check for us right down to the chromosome karyotype now waiting for the letter from the clinic so i can go down to take bloodtests. And there's some tests that must be taken 7 days before your expected AF, then another one to take during D2-6. I hope to find a cause to all soon so i can rest my mind to either go on to further ivf or fet or natural..

meanwhile been trying to lose weight (and i have lost 2kg in these 2+ weeks!) hehe been eating well and exercising everyday for that maximum effect. Cos put on much going thru all those ivf jabs and stress eating and such.

Else i've been rather down cos of my 2nd cat went missing :( I am very close to him de :( :(

Hopeful mum
how did your hb react to the needle today? How was your urine test? My hb also very scared of needles de hehe.

Sum05
All the best in your ttcing! My advice to you is find a gynae you are comfy with cos afterall, you're going to be examined by him/her all throughout your ttc/preggy journey and also i would also consider the distance, which is closer? Well in the event of emergencies, better to filter in the traffic conditions too. I understand that feeling only too well..after months and months of neg..sigh..but what to do? We just have to chin up and keep trying cos that's the only way we can get closer to our dreams..try not to feel down ok..chat with us here and we can try to support each other emotionally :)

Dawnies
lol it's friday again and i suppose you are elated? :) Have a great weekend!

bbcrips/GBOB/mangohope/twinsy
*Wave* hv a great weekend!

Chrisl, hi hi! *waving frantically* welcome back to SG n glad u r sorting things out. Take a step at a time n I wish u all the best dear

Sorry I Mia. Been busy baking, making ice cream and working. Today hubby just went for that blood test. Like what gbob says quite ex for karyotyping. I also hope got prob. If no prob then just have to continue trying. Got prob can fix mah. But now cannot try until I see dr on 23 sep.

Been feeling a little down. I shd be due either oct or jan 2014 without my 2 mcs. Then now my hubby friends got 4 couples pregnant with their 2nd and 3rd kid! I damn Sian. All his friends all married the same time as us. All min 1child we don't have yet. And worst part is they are due oct, nov, feb and march. Sigh. My hub so sad.

Gbob how are u? Enjoying ur 2nd trim now?

Chris, that's good news! Hope ur results can be out soon also! I can't wait to start trying but dont want to lose another child so better find out what's wrong.

Sorry I Mia. Been busy baking, making ice cream and working. Today hubby just went for that blood test. Like what gbob says quite ex for karyotyping. I also hope got prob. If no prob then just have to continue trying. Got prob can fix mah. But now cannot try until I see dr on 23 sep.

Been feeling a little down. I shd be due either oct or jan 2014 without my 2 mcs. Then now my hubby friends got 4 couples pregnant with their 2nd and 3rd kid! I damn Sian. All his friends all married the same time as us. All min 1child we don't have yet. And worst part is they are due oct, nov, feb and march. Sigh. My hub so sad.

Gbob how are u? Enjoying ur 2nd trim now?

Chris, that's good news! Hope ur results can be out soon also! I can't wait to start trying but dont want to lose another child so better find out what's wrong.

Hi deary, I know exactly how u feel. My peers all also now have two or even three kids n most of them got hitched same year as me. I know nothing I say can make u feel better deary but mayb try to avoid Facebook or whatever that gives u any updates of their lives lor. I mean that's what I did la. Know alrdy happy for them la but feel sian abt myself so I rather I don't know anything so I actually blocked alot of them on fb. Hugs. Me so call on total/modified bed rest now cos of my short cervix problem lor... Not fun at all, bored n backache plus assache. But oh well I will endure cos it's for good cause. I hope nuh can figure out what's wrong for u so that u can rectify it ASAP n bfp soon.... Same goes for the other ladies here. Hope u girls can bfp soonest.... I tried 4 years n till now at this stage, i dont dare to say i have "graduated" yet but please dont give up ya....Gambete girls!!

hopefulmum
Finished with taking 5 tubes of blood this morning hehe..yes! Can't wait to get the results back! We are in the same stage hehe waiting to start again natural..wah!! you made ice cream eh?! Sounds fun! Your business f&b eh?

Back