(2013/09) September 2013

Groovy, yeh a good carrier is useful but maybe not for long for you since ur tummy will grow. Maybe ur hub can use it? My hub also helped me w carrier b4.I using ergo carrier , pretty gd, u can also check out manduca n beco pretty similar. I used to take bus w2 kids daily #2 in Carrier n #1 walk no choice. Jia you!

Tracy congrats,

I travelled w my #2 when he was 28 weeks n I will be travelling in June when I am 28 weeks also. Go c gynae for letter in case the airline is a bit picky.

Minnie.. No sayonara yet..
sad.gif
I just vomited so uncomfy..

Yup already use ergo baby carrier but still feels heavy.

Dunno if everyone feels it too but everytime I preggy since very early I will feel uncomfortable to put even my bag on my lap!! It's like causing me not to be able to breathe well. That's what happens when I keep carrying using baby carrier in the bus still need to carry in the end feels more breathless huhu..

My stroller is umbrella type already but still about 7 kg..

Just now read an article about if the baby gap between previous and current pregnancy is very near then body is not recovering well yet and might causes some risk on childbirth. Very scary..

I even already suffer from incontinence, sometimes when cough a bit of pee will come out! Arrggghh. Never had it so early before
sad.gif

Dunno how to survive this current one. Hux. Can only pray
sad.gif

my one year old is 12kg. lucky for me, hubby drives so we usually just load everything onto the car. we travel light too ie only bring the necessities and our 7kg maclaren stroller.

me only keep experiencing nausea and stuffiness.. but not vomitting yet.. dont know if its due to the amount of supplements i'm taking. i eat until i feel like vomitting. body also very heaty now bcos of the supplement. i have calcium, obimin, folic, fish oil, vit B6 and duphaston. and i have to take duphaston 3 times a day. maybe due to the blood problem, so the gynae is abit more careful.

my 1st appt bill cost me $150+, 2nd appt alot more cos of the pills and the injection i have to take. its ard $300+. my next appt is 19 feb. have to take OSCARS test.

do i need to start fasting the night before the test?

anyway i'm into my 9th weeks.

ferendipity, first tri alrdy taking so much supplement? duphaston is for the spotting..
If i rmbr correctly, first tri only folic. the rest come in progressively during 2nd/3rd tri...

hi mummies, i told my boss today and he was very happy for me.. saying what lovely news on a Monday morning. Told my close colleague too who is a mum to a 9mth old girl and she was very happy to share tips.

Feel so much better after getting it off my chest...
happy.gif

Just to share, i checked w my gynae at my checkup last week and and the only food that he advised against eating is pineapple (shrinking of womb) and herbs like tangkui, red dates.

Was asked to cut down on milk-based products and milk and soya bean as they ferment easily and causes bloatedness.

He also said go travel after 14weeks as its the best time!

Hope these help!

hi yvonne, i'm also not sure. but since the gynae gave them to me, i will just take it. just that there are too many of them. i feel that my whole body and blood is concentrate with the supplements. i think i need to drink alot alot alot of water in order to clear them out of my system.

confused, so happy for you that your boss is also supportive of your pregnancy.

ferendipity, if you feel overwhelmed by the supplements, stop obimin and fish oil. good to take vit b6 as it helps with MS.

fish oil my gynae specifically say dun waste money to take in 1st trimester. baby not going to absorb it and mummy is too old to gain anything from it (DHA in fish oil helps with brain function)

Candy, Ann, kiwi, Genice, Thanks. but my hubby doesn’t allow me to travel. He says save the money for subsequent gynae visit
sad.gif
Anyway I will still check with my gynae. I’m dying to go.... and relax.

Candy, jiayou... let's all endure and look forward to 2nd trimester.

Tracy, mine is opp to yours. my hubby wanted to travel in mar but i wanted to save the money for gynae visits and hospital bills.. hahaha..

but i think it's good to travel now. for me, i think it will be the last holiday for 二人世界。

fer - yes yes i think will be last holiday for us too! But no plans to travel leh... sobs... no more 二人世界 soon hahaha!!! we will all be panda mummies waking up to feed in the middle of the night soon

Ferendipity, I have been planning to go to the island since last year. Who knows I'm pregnant before I can travel there. I'm still trying to convincing my hubby to go. Need some time to relax and getaway from work and yes, before baby arrival. Else, it will be difficult to travel.
Hmmm, I was thinking about going eastern Europe end of year. No need take leave and can go for long. But I think it's impossible unless I strike cny toto. Hahaha

I also plan for a short relaxing getaway during 2nd trimester before the sleep deprivation begins. My gynae says its ok but advice me not to go to a remote place where there are no hospitals or medical care available.

Tracy, is the island very remote?

Yes, go as far as you can during pregnancy, provided no complications requiring constant medical attn. After having a child you will learn to DREAD plane rides. Some babies cry non stop on planes, and toddlers run around non stop. Parents have to grow thick hide on their face, as many not understanding people will think you cannot control your child.

I am week 10 today! Coincidentally, I had been having all- day MS last week, and I only felt queasy for half a day today. Even ventured as far as to order a sardine curry puff
happy.gif
feeling more alive and hope it keeps up

Minnie, I'm planning to go Hua Hin or Koh Samui. Very nice beach in Thailand. It's more oftouristplace, not very remote, so I think still alright. Where u planning ur holiday?

Superwoman, if feeling nausea, is it some kind of MS? Only some food that I took, I feel nausea. And the look at fish, I also feel nausea. So as long as I don't eat the food again, I feel ok.
Can we take sour plums when feeling nausea?

Hi all, jia you.. Few more weeks to 2nd trimester.
happy.gif
I'm in wk 10. Just weigh myself tdy and realize I dropped 1kg from all the MS. Haha. Just hope to say bye bye to MS soon.

Hi Tracy, yes, feeling nausea is part of MS. If you know what food turn u off, just avoid.
happy.gif

Tracy, koh Samui is nice. I haven't been there but I heard good comments about it.

As for the nausea part, I think it's good to keep a food diary. Then you can record what food you eat and what causes you nausea. Then you can avoid those food. So far, fresh milk and fish cause me nausea. Sweet stuff will help me abit when I'm feeling nausea. Sour stuff doesn't really work for me.

fer - for the oscar test. no fasting needed... maybe can keep bladder a little full. so its distended and the sonographer can see easier.

fish oil or salmon is good cos it allows your breastmilk to accumulate the good fats ;D
just went for my wk7 scan, baby is only wk6+, so i conceived later than i thought.

Hi Tracy, I am contemplating between island beach holiday or a shopping n Makan spree. ;) first choice is also Thailand le. I also heard Koh samui is gorgeous.

Not superwoman, I am happy to hear you can eat without much nausea yesterday.

Btw has anyone started using stretch mark cream/ oil? Or wait till 2nd trimester. I am not showing yet but my tummy is bloated.

Ferendipity, Ann, I can’t take milk, soya milk, prawn and fish… feels nausea after it. But after I eat another food or plum, I feel better. It’s not so terrible till now. And yes koh samui is nice but a tourist spot so kinda of expensive. Hua Hin is a bit more laid back and there are more things to do there. Sightseeing, trekking, beaches, winery (but can’t take alcohol now
sad.gif
).
Minnie, shopping and makan spree, I a bit worried of the crowd and the walking etc. there are only few countries to shop, bangkok, hong kong and taiwan. But it’s quite crowded. To me, I would choose beaches to sit there and relax, with nice food. You can choose to go to the beaches in thailand and then you can stop by bangkok for a few days. I have start using stretch marks cream from Loccitane. And I have asked my friend to help me buy Pure virgin oil, so will switch to that after I finish with the cream.

Yest finally went to see my gynae Dr John Tee from KKH. Waitied 2.5hrs bcos he was late (Due to emergency delivery). I heard that if u visit a famous gynae, the waiting time is approx 1hr min, is that true for u gals?
The charges wasnt that expensive as what i projected. Yest all inclusive was 125+. Better than the previous round where i visited Raffles medical which was 300.

Am officially in my 8 weeks today! Yest i saw the little heartbeat of my baby.. So amazing lo!! But MS still lingers with me, and nv wanna go away..
sad.gif

Now it advanced into a stage where i throw up everything i eat just b4 the next meal. (Eg: b4 lunch, i will go toilet throw up my bf. Dinner, i will throw up my lunch) The feeling is horrible loh!!! I hate it man!!

Hi Mummies, just tested positive on 03Feb. Am expecting #2, EDD 30Sept. My #1 is turning 3 in Jun. Hopefully will have a smooth sailing pregnancy as I had 3 M/Cs before I had #1. Am already getting paranoid now. No signs of MS, oni sore boobs, increased appetite and fatigue. Definately will need Duphaston and Aspirin again to sustain the pregnancy.

Sharon, I'll be seeing Dr. Tee at KKH on 18Feb...will be 8 weeks by then. I saw Dr. Tee for my #1 from 20wks onwards when my previous gynea Dr. Ben Choey resigned from KKH. Normally i waited around 10-15mins the most to see Dr. Tee. Longest was an hr but only once.

Beach holiday is v relaxing and good for mother and baby, and even younger kids
happy.gif
Although thailand beach resorts shopping will be expensive. I booked a trip to taiwan! Now just counting down for all the shopping, hot spa that I can't go, and food so hopefully MS and meat aversion all gone by then.

Haha, yesterday my MS come at night instead. Almost cannot sleep. Like panda today.

Sharon and tracy, sweets, and ice lolly (not ice cream ) are good for nausea. For me, I take the japanese green soya beans, think for me its the protein in the beans. Don't take milk or cheese if having nausea. Week 6-9 definitely MS at the peak. Should ease from wk 10-12 and then gone afterwards, if u r like most people. My friend who had bad MS woke up one morning on wk 13 feeling good and it was gone

Congrats bluberi, hope this will be a sticky baby and successful pregnancy. Heard its quite expensive to see Dr Tee at KKH, as he is very good... At private suite?

I am contemplating choosing a gynae at KKH but not sure yet if I am willing to pay the non-subsidised rate. Is the care at the private suite v much better than subsidised clinic?

Not superwoman, I am currently taking Obimin and folic acid prescribed by KKH.

Welcome Bluveri to Sept mummies
happy.gif

Envious of the mummies going holiday. Enjoy enjoy before the little one is out
happy.gif

Not superwoman, I am facing the same dilemma as you too.

Mayb can switch when officially in 2nd trimester. Which gynae in KKH is good?

Not Superwoman, yup.. it's not cheap to see Dr. Tee. For #1, my bills always over $150 for the first 2 trimesters as I required Duphaston. And Dr. Tee's consultation always around 5-7mins the most then is till next visit le. verp chop chop de. Even up till last trimester i only see Dr. Tee every 4 weeks. Very save $. Dr. Tee seems tinks not necessary to see him twice monthly n every week in last trimester. But overall for #1, my total consultations, medications and scans around $1.8k.

I prefer private suite to subsidies clinic. For #1, my first 2 visits was at clinic B. Wrong move to choose 4.30pm appt, always ended up see gynea around 6pm+!!! wait till sian.. pharmacy also almost closed lor. not forgetting still have to go over ADC to scan before u go clinic. ADC waiting time can be long. Subsidies rates = long waiting time. I rather pay more and keep the wait short.

Oscars at KKH i tink was $300+ back then in 2010.

Yes when i called KKH to make appt to see Dr. Tee at Private suite, was told consultation alone is $110+ or $120+. Pocket burning hole.

I went to see gyne last Friday. Found that I might be at 5plus week. Can see the waterbag but no heart beat. Dr fixed an appt to him in three weeks again to see the heart beat. Nut my nausea is getting worse now. Dont eat feel nausea, eat also feel the same terrible.... I feel like eating spicy and sour food. Want thai food but hubby not bringing me!!! so sian!!!...

Ann raj .. Same I crave for spicy n sour food too. Thank goodness hub din stop me! That's the only stuffs that can be kept down in my tummy. Btw , hi! Saw u in may 10 thread..
happy.gif

Bluberi! Welcome and hi! Good to c u here !!! Dun worry too much.. Everything will be fine n C will have a playmate in sept!

Craving for those $1.20 nasi lemak with spicy chili now...
sad.gif
haven had lunch n skipped folic acid n multivitamin for many days..

gen, why no lunch n skip folic acid? u still in 1st trim? doc advise you take multivit?

i have no idea actually. coz i didnt see him for gynae appt. think you can google about him and see if you can find out his charges.

hihi

been MIA for a while... the nausea has progressed since last week. Today I actually puked. Horrid feeling. Now I can't tahan smell of cooking food. And my neighbor seems to be frying eggs everyday. sian... I do hope the CNY myth works. It didn't work for my #2 though...

hi groovy, we meet again!
happy.gif
babies are blessings. Take it in your stride and think positive.

kiwi, my SIL didn't have a good birth experience at KKH...not sure who she saw though.

Thanks Genice. All of us jiayou together!

On cravings, i so feel like having chili crab claw since last Fri!!! I hope C wun bully #2. C wasn't so keen on a sibling few mths back, but now when i asked if she wants a sibling, she will reply "I want mei mei!".

genice: Yes... i think im going to have it for dinner myself. I cant wait. Let hubby take care of my boy and i enjoy some thai food... I feel the nausea and havent really vomited. Hate this feeling.

hello to all mummies and mummies to be! ive been like Sharon as silent reader.. i was digesting the posts and felt its helpful to me..im into my 8thweek.. just heard baby's heartbeat on 2 Feb and its amazing!! Been experiencing same ms, nausea and looking at milk makes me nausea. my family is still pantang and im only sharing with u all.. haha... does anyone knows if other than milk, ribena, 100plus, fruit juice and plain water.. what can we drink ?? i also crave for spicy food more..! See ya ladies around!
happy.gif

Superwoman, so envy, can go on taiwan. Its a nice place for free and easy and weather is quite good. I also wish I can go for my resort stay.

Do ur confinement lady ask to transfer some money as deposit? I found mine from the forum and she asked me to transfer $300 to her account first. Trustable? I'm worried that I'll get cheated and ended up with no confinement lady by delivery.

Dear mummies,
Just dropped in for sale of items. Have u bought these stuff? I've below to sell off aft my 2nd child, all items in as good as new condition. PM for details.

D.O.M. Benedictine (Tonic/alcohol) $30

DA FENG CAO (Confinement shower herbal teabags,indiv.sealed, RRP #3.50/pkt of 2teabags)
15 pkts orig.price $52.50, SALE: $35 bundle.

AMEDA DUAL LACTALINE Breastpump
(Bought Dec'12, used a few times only)

Pumpin'Pal shields 3 sizes, wash bag

Medela Storage bottles

Medela soft shields pair

TMC Nipple cream (new!)

Bak Fong Pills (balance 7 in a box of 10)

Calcium & iron tablets fr gynae.

Klorane dry shampoo - spray type

Ginger creams (for tummy/ legs)
Abdominal elastic binder (for slimming)

NB Clothes (Blue) in giftbox x 2

BPA-free Baby milk bottles (cartoon) BNIB

Maclaren Triumph stroller (Pink) used once.

Binder long cloths for Postnatal Massage use (FOC)
Mothercare disposable panties (new-4pc only M size) FOC

Whole bag of pregnancy dresses/pants/blouses (Australia,US brands, M size)---good esp for 3rd tri.

Above very useful for new mums. Items as good as new as just bought 1+mth ago,mainly fr.Robinsons! Letting go cheaper & early so other mums can benefit too! Smokefree,petfree home. Sole user.

PM for more details.

Cash & Carry at seller's location (west)

Back