(2013/08) August 2013

Serene, u shouldnt be shy. This is the only time we can e proud of a round belly!

Usually i am shy cos i am fat, dare not go swimming. Now got baby, excuse to look fat!!

Hahah I don't care also. Wear bikini show fat belly (cos can't fit into other swimming costume already) at least now my tummy just looks round ( and for a good reason) rather than flabby! :p

Amanda, I have the same worry as u, I.e bleeding. But I feel quite stifled in sg. Hahah.. I will see how the scan goes end of this month before I decide. But hor, I really dun dare to wear swim suit...lol.

Stella, mine is anterior and low placenta! Hahah.. Sigh sigh. I'm still harboring hopes to vbac. We shall jia you! Hope our babies can kick the placenta up!

BabyS, I din know must get gynae letter before they will do massage for us!! But thinking more about it, it's quit true, I think no one will wanna take the risk. If really can't massage then never mind, I will just watch tv relax in hotel. I just hope #1 can have a ball of his time cos its his school holidays.

Bbreeze, nt really letter from gynae, but they want to just be sure that ur gynae gives the go ahead cos they dont want to cause anything also. I mean, u can pretend ur gynae said yes but if even massage pple want u to check with ur dr instead of earning ur money, i suppose there really is a risk of danger.

When i was in china, when the tour brought us for some massage by the pple who did massage for the olympic pple, when i told them there might a slight chance that i am pregnant, they refuse to even let me soak my feet in plain hot water.. So i guess it really is risky.

Amanda, if you interested to join Aqua Aerobics, can join the one at YMCA.. im joining the sat class. not too bad.
happy.gif

Haha I'm lazy to travel though :p these days weekends I just slack at home or go downstairs for a quick dip in the pool. My house is in the far north la. and weekends I'm like always so lethargic!

Anyway I can feel baby kicking already. She kicks so much everyday! But its still light now la, as in i just feel a bit of throbbing here and there (mostly near my bladder)I hope with all the kicking she grows strong long legs man! Lol.

Hi

Anyone know the latest charges between gleneagles and Thomson medical? Pls update me ASAP as I'm going to due in 2 months time so have to decide which hospital to stay..

Thanks

Amanda, same here.. Baby has moved from the scratching from within to kicking and shifting postion.. I feel like i no longer have control over how my intestines move. Its being involuntarily shifted, poked, flipped etc.. Weird but sweet feeling!

When i stretch out, i can feel baby's head on the right hand side..

Monmav : would need your assistance to update :
Due Date : 20th August 2013

Serene : my gynea advises to swim more as we couldn't do any other exercises. Even cycling, the bike gotta be the stationary kind. Dont feel shy ! Get a tankini and start dipping !

haha Sandra.. ya my little girl kept kicking this morning / early afternoon and it was sooo distracting at work! think she's asleep now so not moving so much.. but i think she will start again later tonight. kick kick kick, like having so much fun disturbing mummy like that.

i never really had much of the fluttering feeling. just for 1-2 days then she started kicking, ALOT.

haha.. my hubby is so jealous cos he can't feel anything yet.

anyway if placenta low, then dont do cycling, even for stationary bike, cos will put pressure on the pelvic area. swimming is the safest. low impact. but take it easy w the swimming la, i'm going to swim w a swimming board / floater, just kick kick a bit slowly.

i'm in week 23...also have low lying placenta. but doc says quite common and will move up in 90% of cases. i'm going for a 6D babymoon in Bali. Doc was at first concerned but gave us a detailed report so we can use in case of emergency. We also chose a villa near medical facility for emergency. But otherwise, if not doing strenuous activity, its pretty safe.

So far so good, no bleeding at all.

Just gonna soak in our private pool and nuaaaaa....dont think will be able to relax for a long time to come. Better enjoy now!

Aiyoh my baby boy is soooooo active! kicking hard! that day i had my hubby placed his palm on my tummy when baby is kicking and he again gave a strong kick and my hubby felt it! He was so happy!

sorry ah mummies...i havent logged in for a long while. Now reading all the backlog! hehe i read about the conversation on prenatal vits. Just to share...my gynae advised not to take prenatal vit with any calcium leh...meaning milk, cheese or calcium pills. Should at least space out 1hr. Best take one at morning and the other kind at night.

I also had habit of just taking everything in morning with milk. After she told me, i change already. She say if take with calcium, the vits not as effective. I asked for other brands which can mix coz i lazy. She said most vits the same, preferably not to mix.

Just to share...

<table border=1><tr><td>S/n</TD><TD>Nick Name in SMH forum</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Expecting Child</TD><TD>Hospital to deliver baby</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>poky</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>caroline khi</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>wenditan</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Joelle_024</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Serene (reneisme)</TD><TD>3/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Usha RajKumar (usha_rk)</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr. Khoo</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>soulffle</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Thiasy</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Babyxi</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chirpychirpy</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mymelody79</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>WK Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>wlilian</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Anthony Siow</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Elaine (bdpanda)</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Ben Tham</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Bam</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Oisterbaby</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>bb_hopeful</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Vincent Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>jeslynx87</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>sheepysheeps</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Annpaul</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>piggy_cheng</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Mrstham2011</TD><TD>9/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>gyyl</TD><TD>10/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Milis</TD><TD>12/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>stella1805</TD><TD>13/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr T B Lim</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Chocpockie</TD><TD>13/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Babys</TD><TD>15/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Ben Choey</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>diorly</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Vinette</TD><TD>15/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Ellen</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Chua TM</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Skymummy</TD><TD>16/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>rachyo</TD><TD>17/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr. Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Monmav</TD><TD>18/08/13</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>baby20_manja</TD><TD>18/08/13</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Elainetly83</TD><TD>18/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chua Hong Liang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>cyee</TD><TD>18/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Usaginoko</TD><TD>19/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Henry Chen</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Sueann18</TD><TD>19/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Tan HH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Rachel Lee</TD><TD>19/8/13</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Von</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>ttcing</TD><TD>19/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Amegoh</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Nil</TD><TD>23/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Edward Lee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Lyra</TD><TD>21/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD>23/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Hyperangel</TD><TD>24/08/13</TD><TD>Dr LC Lee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>bear bear</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>nefariouskat</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>zhaqqie</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Jos</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>simplygreen</TD><TD>25/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Scent</TD><TD>25/08/2013</TD><TD>chan k h</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Qin83</TD><TD>26/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Mariam</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Yuki @ East</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>joyful</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>ch koh</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>mab3ru</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Bubbly</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Poppysead</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Chen</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Avuvia</TD><TD>28/08/2013</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>sotongberry</TD><TD>29/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>mumtobe0813</TD><TD>29/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loh Seong Feei</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Yippeeapple</TD><TD>30/8/2013</TD><TD>John Tee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Angela Tan</TD><TD>30/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>amee13</TD><TD>30/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Xav (Xav_mummy)</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>Coco69</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Dr w k tan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Bbreeze, dont get too worried. We hope bb will kick up the placenta. U must rest more. N I think no exercise really help in pushing the placenta up. Cos if its low with abrasion will cause bleeding more easily. But for my case I am quite lucky. With anterior placenta, I still can feel bb's kick. Thou she is kicking my bladder n intestines most of the time. Hahaha

Stella, thanks. I'm not thinking too far, just a step at a time. Very happy to be having bb n feeling his kicks. A lot not within our control, as long as bb healthy can already! As a mum, have to learn to sacrifice.im already very blessed with an older boy so I'm just going to appreciate whatever I'm given!

On another note, I wish I can sleep in a little more everyday..getting more n more tired n breathless as bb gets bigger..the excess skin I have is quite stretched already so feeling a lot of tension on the tummy area.

Haha ya just cross fingers, monitor and see how. Everyday ask baby to help me move placenta up haha. Anyway grateful that my bosses are very understanding. When I told them about my condition, they said if need be, June onwards either work from home or take hospitalisation leave and bed rest lor.

Bbreeze. Actually I also have fibroid. Was a little worried at first. Cos it is growing bigger. And doc says it a non cancerous tumor. So I hope it will just disappear. Hahaha. Going 24 weeks soon. So happy!!

Btw, from which week is the start of 3rd trimester? I am first time mummy. Feel so green. Hahaha

I'm ftm too. But get to see a brochure on baby's developments each month. Took photo of it so I know at my stage what baby is developing. Week 29 onwards is 3rd trimester. If got chance I upload those photos to share:)

Whenever I go for walk at shopping malls, I love walking in to kiddy palace, etc. see those small little cute clothes, mittens, booties, etc. can't wait for the period whereby we were all busy preparing stuffs for baby's arrival.

How many bedded rooms are you ladies choosing? I'm not sure whether to save money and choose a 4 bedded or choose a single bedded so that Hubby and son can stay over.

im choosing single bedded like last time. i prefer quietness in the ward. if share ward and other patients have alot of guests coming in to visit, it will be super noisy.

My hubby and son can have private space and stay over in single ward too.

Lyra ng/ catherine: same..i would also prefer a single ward, so my hubby can accompany me at night...never stayed at the hospital before...abit scared >.<

I'm definitely choosing single bed so that hubby &amp; daughter can stay over. More quiet n have privacy too. That time there was no single room n I had to wait in 2-bedded for few hours till single room avail. Very cramped n whatever the patient at next bed &amp; her guests said softly, I could hear too.

I wonder what is the hospital bill size nowadays? I recall paying like almost $3k. That was 3 years ago for double bedder @ Gleneagles. Single bedder would be around $5k?

My first one.... so many visitors from morning to night, so much presents and flowers, so little rest... My second one, I only told immediate family members. So I had almost no visitors. Just sleep and rest and feed baby. Bliss! We are planning to keep the news until we are discharged for this third one, too! hah!

I'm still negotiating with hubby for a single bedded. Not only worried about neighbours' visitors but also my own visitors who might disturb other people. Hope to restrict the visitors also but everybody sure very excited and want to come. Don't they understand that mother will be tired?? Whether hubby stay or not, not a problem... but the last time I had to go on drip for a few hours, felt really uncomfortable on the bed alone at the A&amp;E... LOL

Tis round I plan to announce maybe a day b4 discharge so tat I can rest but I doubt can lah. Have to tell in-laws n they r the annoying visitors!
That time my hb's siblings (2 sis, 1 bro &amp; his wife &amp; daughter) came in late evening n barged in past the curtain covering my bed even though my hb told them I'm feeding baby. Wah kaoz, they nvr see neh neh b4 wana see mine ah?!! Then his wife switched tv to cartoon channel on loud loud for her daughter. Tell me how to feed bb n rest?
I was csect n it was gd to have hb to stay over. Help me do this n that. Someone to talk to too. Sometime alone in room also sianz .

My hubby very lousy one, lah... By the time he is done staying waiting for baby to be delivered (both my babies born early morning)... he already KO. Went home to sleep. Second one, his excuse is need to take care of #1 (but he actually sent her to my brother's house!)... only visit in the evening. I suppose I will comfort myself by saying that I will spend the $1k for post natal massage instead :)

For the first one, everyone was so excited and happy and within 3 hours after I delivered, I have people coming in and out - all day long. I suppose they all meant well ... but I felt that it was too exhausting. So, the second time round we just kept it under wraps and only made the announcement after confirming my discharge. Also much easier because all the gifts arrive at the house intead of the hospital and having to pack them home was quite a hassle.

Usaginoko: hahaha.. They excited to see baby or ur boobs? Hee..

I opted for single the last time. Will opt for single again if all goes well. I wanna have a good sleep without anyone snoring (no husbad snorig and no neighbouring patients snoring). And i cant stand how other pple's visitors walk into a room and just pull open the curtain to see if its the correct bed.

I want a good sleep b4 i go home ans start 24hrs shift.

I totally understand why some of you wanna opt for single bedder. I recall when my #2 was hospitalised for UTI (less than 3mths old), we started at a 4-bedder. The noise and the disturbance from other patients and their visitors were horrible! Then we finally managed to change to single bedder it was so much better! So #2 and I ended up having a 2D2N retreat with cable TV, aircond, and just do nothing other than feeding him and sleeping!

My only reprive abt getting a two bedder for delivery is... at least the roommate is not sick - it is just a delivery ward... And I have been lucky past 2 times... hope 3 times lucky!

My first one, when i was wheeled out of delivery, i was lodged in a 2 bedder cos no one bedder. Piang my neighbour came out ard same time as me but she was in so much pain (also got epidural), but she make so much noise, then the nurses came in, gave her morphine, then she vomit etc, then say cold while i was super hot! That was a very long night for me. So glad next day got single bedder. My friend's neighbour smore very loudly..

I remember my last c section, I was very drowsy after that n really can't open my eyes for long. I need alot of sleep on day 1. Then that day my hb's family n relative come and go numerous times. I could hardly talk to them cos I want was to close my eyes n sleep. This round I will sure ask hb to tell his family (maybe except pil) visiting only on day 2. I myself will tell my side of family same thing. Only my parents can come. ;p Think they will understand.

For natural birth, how many days do we need to stay over at the hospital?

I only stayed at hospital once when I'm 10yo but always with my family members take turn to accompany me.

I think I would wan my hubby to stay over with me so that he can keep me accompany. If anything happen or need his help at least he's there with me.

For first one, I had a bad tear n it was so painful that I couldn't sleep the first night. When nurse push bb in for night feedings, it was pure torture. I'm thinking if the same happened, I'll change to single bedded n have hubby stay over. I stayed 3 nights bcoz of the tear n bcoz I want to accompany bb as he had his phototherapy for jaundice.

But my fren who had normal delivery with no bad tear n bbno jaundice can leave on second day so it's not worth it to get single bedded in this case.

Oh ya, my hb snores very loudly but tat time I was too tired n could sleep with the snores. He also lousy lah, KO in delivery suite, then when we decided on csect with epi, the nurse ask if he's going to join me in OT, he was still dreamy dreamy n I said yes on his behalf ;) In the wee hours he could wake up to bring bb back to nursery but in the morn when gynae &amp; nurse came, he slept thru it!

Day 1 after csect very drowsy. Was irritated by those sales staff coming to promote me stuff like taimaobi. This round shall get hb to stand guard! Gd idea to tell frds &amp; relatives come from day 2 onwards, maybe I shall do that. Anyway it's my #2 Liao, maybe less excitement from them too.

I think natural birth stay 2 nights?

I think it depends on what time u r admitted to ward also. I was admitted near to 11pm, i stayed total of 3 nights. Normal delivery n

Just check the maternity packages pricing for TMC and mount alvernia. Are those price includes baby stay too? Or just mummy stay only?

I am opting for single room so that i can rest. My hubby has confirmed that he will not be staying with me. Haha. But does not matter. I stayed in a 2 bedder when i underwent a surgery the previous time. It was only for a night so its quite ok. But this time i have to stay probably for 3 nights. So better to have a single room.

Serene, those prices r only for ur stay in the ward. Excludes delivery suite, baby's stay in nursery and vaccinations and tests.

BabyS: wow! Okay. Gonna put aside more cash. Last night check the maternity package for TMC and mount Alvernia. TMC for single bedded cost about $3k while mount Alvernia cost about $2.6k+. I always Thot mount Alvernia would be more ex.

Think I shall wait for next appt when gynae gonna talk to me about delivery issue. Gonna ask alot of questions. Hahaha

Last week could feel baby kick kick kick... so active... even my hb also can feel... but these few days like tone down... hope it's nothing wrong? my bump is still very small and still can't get seats on the train :-(

BabyS: your sharing very scary....the mother who was sleeping beside you had morphine means she must be in alot of pain..T.T

Lyra Ng: how come there would be a tear? Is it because the doc did not cut it earlier?

Serene: yah i also did a check...on eastshore, since i want to give birth at there:

The maternity packages price will be excluding Gynaecology's fee, Paediatrician fee and Anaesthesiology specialist fee.
The nursery stay for baby is included in the Maternity packages.
For Jaundice care it will be advised by the Paediatric specialist if there is any treatment needed.

If baby has Jaundice it will cost alot more....natural birth is always cheaper i think.

Natural birth - stay in hospital for 2 days around 2.4K (single room)...my Gynae charges 1.5K. If i didn't remember wrongly plus all the miscellous would be around 5-6K depending whether baby has jandic anot....medisave claims: 2.6K

I remember checking how much does a paediatrician fee cost, they were mentioning 800 bucks...then i was like woah!

so really need to pray hard baby does not have Jaundice..

Cesearian birth - stay in hospital for 3 days around 3.7K (single room)...my gynae charges 2.5K. If add up miscellous..should be around 6-7K...medisave claims: 3.9K

When i enquiry with eastshore they gave me a brouchure for 2012 charges...it has gleneagles, mount E and parkway cost...i see if i can try to share it in facebook anot....but i know the charges have increase slightly....

But this is the safe cost...my husband colleague wife also gave birth in private hospital..not sure what happened but their bill mounted up to 10K >.<

Hey mummies, was not online for few days and missed out so many important discussion.

I just went for monthly check up with my gynae yesterday. He found out something and I was bombarded with this "new term". He said my fluid is a bit lower than average. So he prescribe "aspririn" for about 1 mth, and requested me to take bird nest once a week.

I never heard about this low amount of fluid before, just wonder whether any mommies have similar experience? Is there any other ways to increase the volume of fluid?

Jos: My EDD is close to yours, going into 21 weeks now. Tummy also quite small, and also cant get seat on any public transportation. My husband said i look like fat lady with a tummy rather than preggie ;P...lol
Hopefully, our bump will grow bigger in another few weeks time.

Serene, Mt A maternity packages include labour ward charges and nursery charges. But when I went for the tour they told me if admitted prior to 12 midnight (like 10pm), it will count as a day also.

My gynae's clinic told me there's a doctor's visitation fee too, which is when your gynae checks on you in the ward after birth. They advised that pediatrician fees from 800 onwards.

Actually the package cost still ok, but it's all the things that're not in there that really add up!

Hi mummies to be

I have the following Philips Avent items to sell. Please pm me or contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Philips Avent (Brand New)
1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set

1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream

10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz

The following I am letting go for free. You just need to pay for postage.

Pigeon (Brand New)
2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Wide-neck Bottle Size S

Amanda: thanks for the info. If see doesnt reply here, I will PM her or check with her on FB.

I'm so worried and my detail scan is only next Fri! Pray hard everything will be just fine!

Back