(2013/08) August 2013

i think most of us are around the same wk, my MS and pimple outbreak also seem to lighten but its still around.. in place of that, the sore breasts and bloating are coming in, so in general, still experiencing discomfort.

pink, best to inform ur gynae and let them decide
happy.gif

hehe.. i'm back to work after long weekend. Today is 8 weeks.

Melissa: i also same same leh. The first visit, i can only see lining thicken. Dr Adrian didnt do v-scan nor HCG test.only saw the small sac 1 plus week later. V scan have some risks, probably that why he didnt want to do. But for my #1 pregnancy, he did do v-scan.

Serene: My next checkup is on 8 Jan. hehe... by then, should be 10 weeks liao. hehehe...

Hi everyone... So, I have been having sleepless night... my sleeping time is 10pm to 3am. Then I toss and turn until the alarm goes off. So I am always half dead by mid-morning. 2 breakfasts - first one to vomit out, second one to keep. I hate all smells and the slightest smell makes me wanna puke, including my own facial wash, toner, shower foam, the cleaner's cologne... aiyayaya... just barely 7 weeks and so many more to go....

Ohh really Vscan will cause some risk ? :p my both scan also through Vscan coz A-scan cant see anything .. 1 more week 1 more week cant wait to see my beanie again hope all is well : ) .. i had a fall at Ion last weekend 1 step down the stair when on hand still carry my no1 ..pheeew heart really drop out tat moment -_-"

No more discharge today... So i think its fine right??? Anyway ive made appt to see ny gynae on fri... Hope can see baby too!! Im abt 7 weeks nw....

Frogprincess: me too!!
I realise i sleep in 4 hr blocks. I sleep at 11, wake up at 3pm. Last night i slept at 10, and woke up at 2.. I also toss and turn for abt 1 hr plus then get back to sleep, when i am in deep sleep, the alarm rings..

I think i had this with my number 1 also, but it dint consistently happen everynight.. It evntually went awy, am hoping it goes away for #2 soon too!

Already so exhausted, the insonmia is making it worse..

frogprincess: i've also strong aversions to smell.. even my #1's shampoo , the smell of which i used to love and even recommend to other mummies due to the nice smell, i hate it now! wanna puke everytime i shower him! hahaha.. for my #1 pregnancy, it was so extreme that i hated fish, there was a documentary on tv showing jumping fish in ocean and i puked right out! i've friends who have had aversions to durian and other stuff during pregnancy, and even after pregnancy they still cannot take it!

I can sleep right through the night, in fact can manage like 10pm to 9-10am nap on days that im zonked out, but im hit with quite a bit of sleeping spell in between the day still! so no matter how much i sleep, still tired! dunnno wat signal bb is trying to send out to me! "please sleep more, i need to grow?!"

2013: great to hear! yes, hope there's lots of good news in store for u on fri! im about wk 7 too, a/c to the pregnancy calculators. let's see which lucky one(s) in this thread will have NDP baby!

any other mummies gone for scans? do share ur good news and progress so we can all encourage each other!
happy.gif

Hey, I just noticed that I have a new-found preference to sweet things and all things sweet. Including pineapple, papaya, etc. I never really liked sweet things. Tasted so good in my mouth! Of course, the tummy has other ideas... Oh, the tummy likes Coke and all things fizzy!

lucky u frogprincess ; ) ... i prefer sour ..sweet stuff is No NO to me after preg ..seems similar to my no1 ...opsss.. will i still got hope for oppo gender hahaahhaa.finger cross :p

Mag: I already heartburn so serious... If sour sure make me double ill? nut sweet is GD. Sigh...

Breeze: Yes... I hate my kid's shower foam and sympoo too!! And my own shower foam... puke everytime I am in the shower!! Yucks! Need to go and buy SIMPLE brand liao. no smell??

frogprincess, babys, p, diorly: ah so reassuring to hear from all of you that common 'nice-smelling' smells make you wanna vomit too. I can't stand my shampoo, conditioner, bath foam, facial wash. Also can't stand oily or curry smells, and now my Christmas tree's pine smell is gross. Waiting for the last Christmas gathering tonight then it's sayonara to the tree!!

Can I ask how all of you make it through a work day everyday? I'm so uncomfortable with the nausea (whole day) and the tiredness that I'm just taking each day as it comes. So glad it's the Christmas and New Year now so more holidays to rest
sad.gif

Hi all,
I am currently in my week 8.
Wondered if anyone have tried looking for confinement lady?

I was really shocked to know that most of the good confinement ladies are booked during my due date!

go to work like go to battle! hahaha. drag myself out of bed, face look terrible due to outbreak so gotta cover with a thicker layer of make up.. :p, no mood to talk cos talk halfway wanna throw up, everything just give one word reply.. and when the sleep bug hits, i literally cave in and shut eyes for a few seconds. i try to visit toilet more often to puke whatever i need to puke, if hold in will become worse!

my sis in law started looking for confinement nanny and she's already quoted $3K and above?! i think is dragon and snake bb boom inflation!! u had better read some of the posts in this forum on nannies to get recommendations. some of the feedback on nannies are so scary im thinking twice if to have nanny or not.

Hi nana, I hav ms n cramps on n off. Sometimes feel turn off when smell food especially fried food.. Recently develop terrible backache caused by wrapping my son sch books n carry my sil's 6 mth old daughter. Guess I shld just laze around n do notting since clearing my leave these few day. Keke..
Dun read too much into e symptoms as diff women hav diff symptoms. Some women dun hav much symptoms thruout their pregnancy.

Hi Melissa, u might even see/hear e heartbeat when u visit dr Adrain the next round
happy.gif

Hi mag, did u hurt itself when u fall? Must b careful next time.. I also fell down twice e week before I knw abt my pregnancy. My 2nd fall was more serious. Both my kneecap blue black. My right arm had scratches.. I even got scolding from my hub after we knw e pregnancy. Sigh.. I also scared n dun dare to walk too fast since then..

frogprincess: I'm also having pretty serious heartburn as well as lots of gas.

So far I've no ms yet. But will feel nausea if I am too hungry.

Serene: gotta be more careful. I'm also now walking so slowly like as if I'm gonna give birth anytime. Lol

dunno is it today did more walking, the tummy is really bloated, can be comparable to like 4m preggy look... feels horrid and fat. i'm already plump to begin with.. sigh.

i think i need to go for maternity wear soon. Where are your usual places to get maternity wear?

My ms started last wk. Felt sick whole day, no appetite, no mood to do anything. Taste buds bland. Anything I ate my stomach will bloat. Only craving I had was chips, sour plum & coke. During Xmas party, I see the ham I wana puke. Had late dinner ydy n I ended up sitting on bed to sleep coz stomach was very bloated. Haiz.... Hope our ms end soon! Jia you!

Hi morning ladies!!!

Breeze: i feel my tummy getting veri bloated by nite time. When i woke up e next morning, e bloateness will subside. It will continue to build up during e day n by nite time, i will feel bloated again. I think u dun hav to wear maternity wear so early. Mayb u can wear babydoll dress or loose fitting top.
During my 1st pregnancy, I bought my maternity wear from spring maternity, perfect mum at suntec n kiddy palace. Tis time round i will b wearing bk my previous maternity wear.

Babys: i do feel dizziness at work last week but only when i feel hungry. U must sit down to rest when u feel giddy. Carry some biscults in ur bag so tat u can nibble on whenever u r hungry. If ur dizziness is quite often, pls let ur gynea knw when u go for checkup. Ur gynea can check ur blood pressure.

p: yes dragging ourselves to work in the morning is the worst. I often just want to lie in. Really really hoping the ms goes away.

Melissa: I read somewhere 'obsessively snacking' helps to make sure that the hunger will stay away. Apparently the gastric juices causes the nausea. Though I'm putting on quite a bit of weight from this obsessive snacking ha ha :p

huh? good confinement ladies mostly booked? and it's $3k & above? i think i will give it a miss. It's too expensive...
sad.gif

Re CL: They are as choosy as the maids. Before they say their price or availability, they will ask. Is it your first baby? Is it twins? Do you stay with parents/in laws, etc. They want to do filter. Obviously, their preference is for first time mommies that lives alone!

Re dizziness: At this stage of pregnancy, a possible reason for dizziness is lack of blood supply or low blood pressure. Which usual cases are improved with iron supplement.

Re smells and food: I discovered that while not usually palatable, simple turkey breast or ham sandwich with plain bread seem to be very well tolerated. I suppose this is because such cold cuts and sandwiches has no smell - compared to chicken rice, etc etc. I am having a craving for sushi now... But sometimes the mouth wanna eat the tummy rejects! Oh well...

Re surviving at work: Try to tell yourself MIND OVER BODY! It is not easy, but it does makes you feel better and more in control. I actually have to lunch at the hawker centre every day (PUKE!) and then pass by a TCM (PUKE!!) and then endure, twice daily, the cleaner's cologne (PUKE!!)... and of course, that air freshener at the toilet is worse than the toilet itself (PUKE!!).... Some days I just come to work, feel too sick or too tired, and then u-turn.

I told my boss already, since the midyear review is upcoming, and I have been taking quite a number of MC and leave, and energy level failing. At least he is supportive!

i just had my first gynae visit yest! week 8 today! soooo happy seeing the little one...looking like an astronuat! haha thank God got heartbeat...

how often do u see your gynae? I visited first time at week 8...the next appt is 8 weeks later at week 16 loh. is it normal?

I wanted to see Dr Goh Shen Li at KKH but coz her appts are booked all the way till mid Jan...i decided to see another doctor first. Dr Tan Kim Teng, senior consultant and head of general O&G. Very experienced but quite stern and cold with not much emotion. Quite fast also. Wanted to still try Dr Goh for 2nd appt but was told it will be considered first time patient again so gotta pay more. And if after that, wanna change back to Dr Tan, gotta pay first charge again. Aiyohhhh...

Anyone seeing Dr Tan Kim Teng? She seems very busy so moving very fast. Is she good? Duno is it coz her schedule very packed thats why only seeing me 8 weeks later or just no point seeing any earlier huh?

usaginoko: jiayou there! my ms just lightened up, though i still have that dun-feel-like-eating feeling everytime i see food. but at least, now i can eat. when i didn't eat much, the MS was worse..so go for things you crave! i was craving for ham and cheese, milo and horlicks.. lol

serene: i can't fit my 5-yrs ago maternity wear anymore!! totally outgrown! so sad!! u must be quite petite? i'll try KKH first since going in jan. dun really hv mood to shop around now. thought of buying from old navy sprees as its cheap now due to holiday season.

U are right about the bloating subsiding by morning.. but the feeling at night is horrid.. turn left or right also feel the tummy pop out..

soulffle: yes, like today i got stuck to the bed too..yesterday night woke up at 4am, then can't sleep for a while..the fatigue this round is quite bad for me..

Catherine: u hv someone to help u with bb? im planning to do on my own.. dun really subscribe to the really traditional way. Prefer to bathe daily since going to BF, but i will order confinement food cos its yummy and i doubt i will have time to cook, express, bf, etc with 2 now..

frogprincess: u r so good with ur description.. mouth wanna eat but tummy reject.. exactly the feeling! hahah. i like ham too since the MS set in!

Ann: congrats! wat a warm feeling it must be. I heard that there's no package for KKH pte suite? Is that why they schedule so far apart to help us save $$? i vaguely remember when i used to see TMC, it's about 4 wks apart for first 2 trimesters. I believe u can request for shorter intervals from the doc but subject to their availability.

Then again, after my 2 MCs, i also accept this round when my KKH doc give me the first appointment only 4 wks later. I would prefer to wait it out rather than go early and start feeling sad/worried early if anything is not right, e.g, cannot see heartbeat etc.. really cross fingers this round!

Bbreeze, wow you Planning to do confinement on your own? No help from anyone?
Hmmm I'm also wondering if able to manage on my own or need a confinement lady...esp when this is nbr 2..

P (bbreeze): dun think will get confinement lady since it's so expensive. will just order 2 weeks confinement meal. the rest just anyhow cook and eat. anyway, for my #1, i also didnt get confinement lady. hehe..

I think i will ask my mum to help out during the weekdays. i take care of #1, she take care #2. hehe... weekend, me and hubby each one take care of one.

My hubby want to save $$. so he mention dun send #1 into childcare till my maternity leave ends. so i will be stuck with 2 for that 4 mths.. stress... #1 will just turn 18 mths when #2 arrive.

Breeze: didn't realise there's another breeze here! hahaha. #1 will be with mil on weekdays. my mum might drop by. So its mainly just me and #2 in the day. Like Catherine, i also just order confinement food. I'm really not traditional, so i think its ok. i told hubby if both bb and i cranky, i just pat bb to sleep and sleep tog.. heheh..

Catherine: 2 wks worth of confinement food is also ex lor.. i went to take a look at my previous caterer price.. now is $800+ for just 2 weeks (2meals/day). But i prefer their food than confinement nanny.. cos i dislike a lot of things used in confinement like ginger, fish, and liver, i scared confinement nanny start forcing me i will have a harder time. my last experience with caterer was good, cooked exactly to my liking. each meal was so huge it can serve 2.. i think this round i will just order 1 meal and split into 2 times to eat.

P bbreeze: but if u order confinement tingkat, they will also include a lot of ginger, fish and pigs liver into the dishes right?

yar lor.. 2 weeks cost about $800 plus. #1, i used natal essentials. now im thinking of using newbaby confinement catering. hehe... i also dun like to eat pig liver. ended up i shared the food with my mum. hehe...

Which caterer did u use previously?

Catherine: oso natal essentials for #1! honestly im not a food lover.. but somehow their food went very well with me. i have friends who don't like their food too.. if all goes well, maybe we can order tog like a bulk purchase here and ask for discount! hahaha.. whichever company willing to give us bulk discount we take!

BabyS: with natal essentials, they really customized for me.. very little ginger, no liver, and less fish. i request to change fish to meat sometimes, of cos they oblige cos its cheaper for them i think!

hmm... i dun quite like the food for natal essentials. Certain dishes are good, certain dishes so so only. but the portion is big. enuff for 2 pax. hehe...

this time round wanna try new baby. heard from pple the food not too bad.

Hi MOMs! I tested positive with HPT and went to see my gynae at Week 5. We could see a sac already. My next appointment is 2 weeks later. Can't wait to hear my baby's heartbeat!

Currently, I feel mild nausea now and then. No urge to puke. Avoiding herbal soups, pork and garlic.

Feels tired constantly. Have missed out on friends' meet-ups because I don't have energy anymore. Hope this goes away when I hit my 2nd trimester.
happy.gif

Hi, i have been a quiet reader since last week after i tested postive. i am now at week 5+. i dont have any symtoms except that my body temperature is a bit higher (36.9) than before (36.6). Did you measure your temperature after you tested positive? is it normal to be a bit high?

Bbreeze: haha yep, just join this thread. So prob u haven't seen my nick: p

Icic , my nbr 1 will be almost 3 yrs old then. My mom takes care of him now but I Wonder if he will feel 'jealous ' if I send him to my mom's pl while nbr 2stays home with me.

Hi

I am 9 weeks + now

baby No. 2
Edd : 3 August 2013
Dr Anthony Siow from Gleneagles
Giving Birth in Parkway East.

May i know how much your doctor package charge ? How much the Oscar scan ? (i cant remember how much my 1st Osacr scan cost).

My doctor package $1500 from week 12

Hi simplygreen, congrats n welcome to the aug2013 thread
happy.gif
dun worry. Our bbt should b abit higher when we r preggy.

Hi simplygreen I've been taking my temperature for some time (cos' I see TCM). 36.9 is a good temp according to my tcm doc
happy.gif
Our temp will remain high if we are pregnant .. that's how I first suspected I was preggy
happy.gif

jocelyn: haha I haven't asked doc about package but interesting from other mummies how much it might be
happy.gif

Thanks, serene and soulffle for ur reassurance.
happy.gif
I have not seen gynae yet. My first appointment will be at 8 weeks. When I was pregnant with my first one, I have very bad MS. But this time, until now I don't have any symptoms. Not sure if this is normal too.

Jocelyn: my package from TMC is $550 + GST (start from 2nd visit) till give birth. includes all ultrasound scans + vitamins + urine test). Exclude 12 week and 20 week scan. Think this 2 scans cost around $450 in total

Thank you Catherine

I had checked around and others thread as well. Seem like generally its around $750 to $1800 from 12 weeks or 16 weeks onwards.

I am arranging Oscar scan on 13 weeks.

I am hoping to know baby gender soon....

I remember i know my no. 1 baby gender at week 14 (cause it a boy) so doctor see eariler.

I check with my doctor he say i may need to wait till chinese new year then know the gender which is around 16 weeks.

Sorry mummies. Let me vent my unhappiness abit here. Hated the feeling nausea and yet squeezing taking public transport. No seat till later stage. Maybe at later stage also no seat. Sob

Breeze: i also just joined the thread. My #1 is 5, i think will feel neglected.. haha.. he's with my mil since young in the day as he schools near her place so he would be quite ok. 3 year old may feel the jealousy a bit more so prob gotta spend some time with #1 too!

Irene and simplygreen: congrats! simplygreen, relax and enjoy the phases and be positive. (i am telling myself that too!)

frogprincess: recently when i watch tv and see certain food, i also have sudden craving.. sometimes the hubby nice will go get, mostly no! hahaha.. but amazing how our cravings get us going for things we rarely do!!

jocelyn: thanks for helping us do the background check on prices!! not sure if u know if its true that kkh private suite dun offer packages? What is the time frame to do Oscar?

Back