(2013/08) August 2013

Frogprincess, I have that stretching feeling too. Tummy feels taut, and I have to lean back when I sit down instead of sitting upright. Sometimes I have pangs of pain, as though I'm getting head butted from the inside. My MS went away for a while after starting the 2nd tri but came back, now puking every morning again.

My tummy has lots of fats so very stretchable. Lol.

My detailed scan is 28th march! Excited! I actually go see my gynae every 2-3 weeks but after being 'scolded' by her for wasting money, I must taHan until detailed scan then can see baby..

I can see my tummy moving abit but still can't feel the kicks lo.

i oso had a bad throw up last night after dinner. Then could n eat anything. Even drinking plain water made me vomit. Morning could n eat bfast. Was so bloated and managed to squeeze half a slice of bread with s small cup of coffee. Suddenly lunch soooo hungry. Ate so much for lunch. Now feeling so bloated again like tummy's gonna explode..

My tummy usually feel very tight at night after dinner. It will feel like its been stretched to the extreme.. In the morning i will feel that it is very hard.

Actually I have purchased a doppler from online to listen to the baby's heartbeat at home. So everytime I'm concerned I will listen to it. But my hubby thinks it dangerous and he doesn't like me to use it. Lol. So only can use when he is not around.

Recently I have been eating quite well though I have no special cravings. Only thing that I do not like is chicken rice. I drink coffee almost daily and coca cola. Ha. I have been throwing up too. But its usually phlegm from my cough.

I thought we are not allowed to take any caffeine? Due to the acid inside.
Experienced mommies and preggy told me not to drink coca cola too.
So I stopped taking when I know my preggy.

But a few mommies say its okay to take abit caffeine but I try to avoid. Donno what will happen to baby if intake too much of caffeine.

i thought is just me reverting back to a bit of vomiting and i got a bit concerned.. after reading more relieved..

Oisterbaby, where u got a doppler? im keen to get one too. can share with me how much it cost too and if it really works?!

Why cannot take caffeine? Just limit your intake of 2 cups a day its okay. Unless you drink 10cups everyday that's over limit..haha.

Just satisfied my cravings for crabs. Hubby bought one crab des me..chilli crab! Maybe cos I don't take spicy so I don't really like but it satisfied my cravings anyway! Haha! I much prefer the butter crabs at seafood paradise. I went there last month.. its about $100+ for 2 pax but the crabs are really worth it! Going again next week.

My back is aching from attending a seminar the whole day.. Urgh..

Any one encountering problems with this site when accessing with safari? Like always hang?

Diorly: hmmm due to the acid it contains. Cos when I first visit gynae, the first thing he say is to avoid 5things. One of it is caffeine. That's why I try to avoid. I love salted eggs crabs! Super nice! Hahaha

Guys, bought medela swing maxi...there is free 6 storage bottles - 2 breast pump bottles and 4 storage bottle...

Dont want to spend more money on bottles already but i read that medela bottles cause more gas to BB. They also provided a calma tip and it seems to mimink breast feeding...anybody uses medela bottles without any problems? Any review to share?

Lol..went for detail scan, the scanner was very nice and wanting to help us determine the gender of the BB but she was not cooperative...but still after some hassle...seems like its a girl....

Congrats william:)
You went to taka fair?

Mommies, have you guys heard of warehouse sale at kaki bukit? Heard there's one this April and their items are very cheap.

P: i got the doppler from Qoo. not exp. slightly more than 100 dollars and it works. Though took me a while to figure out. I buy alot of stuffs from Qoo. Cheap n good. Haha.

My gynae says its ok to take coffee. once a day. For coke i try to limit myself to once a day too. Haha. But recently i develop a taste for pepsi twist. The lemon flavor is so shiok.. Making me miss the coco-cola lime..

I love salted egg crabs too but my hubby is not a fan of seafood so no chance to eat cos i hardly go out nowadays. Am thinking of getting the theraline maternity pillow.. Is it good?

I bought my Doppler from qoo10 too. Abt $40. Waiting for it to be delivered. It's the angel sound brand one. Taka fair Doppler selling 138, Luvion brand. Researched online before buying. It should be ok. Didn't want to spend so much. Haha.

Oisterbaby: is the Doppler safe to use? Wah! I'm keen to buy too! Haha I bought dreamgenii maternity pillow.. I have been sleeping well so should be good.

Btw I just bought n received my maxi dresses from a seller on qoo10. They r pretty, inexpensive n make for great maternity as well as post maternity wear. The two dresses cost me abt $35 in all.

Re coffee, doc say take max one cup instant coffee per day during first tri. I didn't dare to take n at most took decaf coffee once a week. After first trimester, doc gave the all clear to take coffee. But I only take max one cup instant coffee a day, with a little guilt feeling.. I take choc almost everyday too but no coke. Not a fan of coke anyway. There's people who say caffeine is no good for baby. But I'm a coffee addict so it's painful enough that I wasn't getting it during first tri!

I buy the sanoline b i think. Should be quite safe ba. I dun use everyday. At most twice a week. Haha. But sometimes itchy fingers will use more but only for a short while. But no idea original one or not.. Haha

Coffee i have been drinking instant and lattes. Haha. Im addicted to coke. I can drink daily though my gynae says its a big no no.

I went online to buy maternity pants. Fast delivery. Quite good material too.

Vinette: dreamgenii is good? I am debating theraline and dreamgenii. Dreamgenii looks so big..

Serene ng: yup...bought the cot and breast pump...

Amanda/ oisterbaby:lol..i had to drink a cup of coffee everyday..but after pregnant i stop...my mum told me try not to drink..if not BB will not be white...T.T lol..last time she say when she had my second sis..she keep drinking kopi o....end up my second sis...now abit brown...hard to become white...

During my first one, i nvr drink kopi. But now i drink kopi everyday and sometimes drink tea also. See if my 2nd one come out to be dark ;p

Sorry didn't write clearly, the part about less effectively to absorb iron is from the phenol in coffee and tea, not caffeine... Paiseh.

Whatever it is, eat and drink in moderation is the key.

I very tam chiak.. had too much bak kut teh on Thursday. Maybe too much pepper causing me to feel heaty. Then yesterday still cravings for chilli crab..haha now abit of rose throat and I tell my hubby I wanna eat durians. I think I really eat like pig wor.. -@-"

19weeks tomorrow! Still haven't feel baby kicks..only felt movements. I got so thick fats ah.. -.-"

Dear Mummies,

I'm a mother to a beautiful 10 weeks old boy and I am enjoying every single day since I got pregnant (although had some evening sickness, high glucose etc). This great journey is also made possible by the strong support that I have from an online mothers' group. We share, chat, laugh, lament etc. I have benefitted much from the group and I'd like to pay it forward.

I'm creating groups for expecting mothers on Facebook. It will be private groups so feel free to share. PM me your fb email and EDD if you're keen to join.

Today went for my mthly prenatal checkup. i checked wif e gynae regarding my tummy size. Was told tat my bb size n weight is normal. As long as bb is growing well, our tummy size n weight not gaining is not important. My bb weight is 245g at week 18plus. I also asked my gynae to reconfirm my bb gender. No change from last scan.. hubby was laughing at mi, saying how would gendeﹰr change after confirmation.
Mi bought 2 rompers at kiddy palace sales. Planning to ask my mil to buy more bb clothes when she goes china next mth. will b reuse my #1 playpen, baby car seat n pram. Also checked tat i can buy both my manual n electric pump parts from sg distributor. Just confirm my confinement nanny. Hopefully, i hav not left out anything..

Just went to my grand aunt's medicinal hall to buy tonics... Dong chong chao so expensive now! Got that n pao sheng n birds' nest.. Down by 800+.... Asking my mum to brew for me...

Then bought medela swing maxi today too... Broke! Lol

Denise, i am 18 weeks, had my check up yesterday, dr dint tell me measurements but he did say baby is 300g (but i check online, at week 18, should be 190g)

Vinette: ohh. I tot dreamgenii is big. Lol. Pic looks big. Waiting for my hubby to bring me go buy. He say only till now.

I went for a check at week 18. Baby weighs 250g. Gynae took alot of measurement and says baby is medium size.

Morning mummies! Hope yall have a great weekend.

Last night, i vomited after taking the food below:
1. some seafood mee goreng
2. half bowl of ginger rice wif quater BBQ chicken

most of it vomited out the mee goreng coz i i can feel the flame/spicyness in my throat.

sat noon i had some curry noodle, chee cheong fun. but i didnt feel bloated nor did i vomit.

just dont understand i vomited because of having too much, or coz of having spicy food?
any mummies still having bloated stomach & vomitting aft meal? I'm on end of week 16.

Re vomitting - I find that it is interesting how our tummy can do selective vomitting. E.g. my morning routing would be first warm water; then some milo with breakfast. After breakfast I would be quite sure to throw up the water and the milo. Breakfast usually keep. On bad days half of the breakfast would come out.

Some days my mouth crave junk food - seaweed, cheezels, pop-corn... But the junk food always comes out - even if I had it before dinner! Once i had salmon sashimi and ramen. The sashimi came first so I had that first... but at the end, it was the sashimi that came out - ramen stayed!

frogpricess: come to think about it, perhaps u are right.

i had the BBQ chicken then mee goreng later, but end up throwing up most of the mee goreng I had but couldnt see any BBQ chicken & ginger rice.

Perhaps our body or may be our baby know is going to harm us so react in the way throwing up all the bad food.

interesting to find out this.

hi all, have been gone for quite awhile.. am feeling so terrible with nausea n headaches n just feeling so uncomfortable. Dun feel like doing anything at all. so sick of being pregnant. can my baby just come out now!!!! :p

anybody has any tips/remedies for flu? I've been having this super irritating flu for the past one week... nose blocked / loads of mucus / cough... been to the doc which gave me some flu and cough medicine... I'm trying not to take too much medication but my body is just not fighting it at all... help me!!

Hi Jos,

I had that too, i took meds for a few days but most of tge timr i rest in bed n drink loads of fluid.. also not sure if it helps but i took some freshly squeeze juice.. but plently of rest n sleep!

sick mummy falling in too.. been sick for nearly 2 weeks with the same symptoms like u all said! flu, sore throat, cough.. today the chest feels so cold im worried got some lung infection. i finished up all my flu medication and no choice now gotta take cough syrup else i worried baby will be shaken the whole day with my coughing! not to mention i gotta put sanitary napkins on cos the cough trigger some incontinence.. sigh!! wish i can just sleep the whole thing away!!

bbreeze : you might want to check in with a doc or a gynae? i read somewhere that if it is too long, might be chest infection or something...

usha : same! stupid nose!

Week20 began with Flu, not being able to sleep, incontinence whenever i sneeze,extreme tiredness and best of all Vomitting is back in full swing.... Low mood today...

bbreeze : Am plagued by a cough too, my cough has lasted for about 2 months, and got quite bad during the rainy cny period. My MIL has been boiling a mix of chuan bei, ji bing (dried oranges in the shape of a flat biscuit) and almonds for me, helps to sooth my cough.

Yuki : maybe mee goreng is oily and spicy, so less easily digestible too.

oisterbaby: ya I also waited for my hubby then I saw it on diapers.com.sg then decided to swipe his card :x It's cheaper than mothercare and qoo100 and comes with free delivery! Go check it out if you're int. (;

I'm in wk 18 now. Not sure was it because I ate too much last night.. My stomach feels extremely bloated, stretched, tight and uncomfortable ... Was a lil painful that I couldn't sleep
sad.gif
is it normal??

Zhaqqie: how come you still feel so sick? your MS followed you to 2nd trimester?

Jos: try ginger tea? It is suppose to help flu also i think...

Back