(2013/08) August 2013

chocpockie, thx for the info. =)

sk tan, i was one of the sad mommies in 2008. mine was in may, so stil not qualified when bring forward to aug after peitition. so no cda acc for my #1 at all. sob. but at least i on the boat tis 2nd round. phew...

Hi all, hope all have been well.

Had a two weeks bed rest, admitted for drip like skymummy and vomitting still persist. I went back to work yesterday and was struggling. Vomitting came back again and I felt so tired and restless. Just cannot sit in front of the monitor. End up took half a day leave back to rest.

Regarding maternity leave, i just went to view my overall entitlement. Have what I was entitled but no meternity leave. Wonder why this yr was not reflected. I'm also on contract basis and best is my edd and contract end on the same month.

Skymummy, you are not alone. I drank Ribena everyday and whole day too. Must have ice in it. Quite bad right. I told myself I should try to avoid cold drinks but cant do it.

Anyone is in the Aug mummies FB page ? Can someone help to add me in ? My email is [email protected] Thanks !

xav. i dunno if got fb page or not, cos i am not inside too. think most of the conversations take place here anyways. haha

wlilian> haha i went to read about the nub theory after your post. so where did you go for your oscar? and what did you tell the sonographer such that you can get the "correct" scan?

Hi I am taking less water than normal now due to nausea and vomiting. Will it affect bb? Should I be concerned? In what situation we need to be on drip?

xavs_mummy: I am not in any august mummy FB too... Didn't know of any either..

Simplygreen: My gynae said that hydration is important. She suggested to take little sips of liquid. Any liquids that appeals to you? say 100+? Ribena? Take care!
happy.gif

Amanda: nope...i never tell her to get the position but baby position seems like it leh...cos the sonographer is complainting that baby not cooperative...she try and try to get different pictures of baby..so i also dont dare to request too much...

I went to Radlink @ paragon...hoepfully my next scan can shows it all

Hi Mummies

I have a pre-loved Pigeon Multi-function Sterilizer which is still in good condition.

I am selling at $40. Cash and carry from Buangkok.

Interested mummies, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Hello Mummies,

For all who are on bed rest like me, just endure! I have been on bed rest for 1.5 mths now. Finally during yday's check gynae says everything is great. I didn't need any injection and can cut down on the number times I take my duphaston gradually. So hubby and I are very happy. Gynae also gave approval to go out during CNY!

Just take this time to rest as much as you can. I watched dramas, movies online.

My advise is to minimize movements and if u have to walk, walk slowly because the more movements we make, it disturbs the uterus. My friend who is a nurse also advised, if possible, sit on a chair to bathe don't stand.

I hope bedrest will be lifted for all of you soon! Hang in there!,

Mrstham, glad to hear the good news. It's encouraging!
Hope all mummies are fine too!
Hubby says it's mind over body, yes, be positive.

Diorly, i had yummy duck noodle for lunch
happy.gif
also eat my fav fruit, kiwi. Hopefully later will not merlion. Yesterday merlion my bfast n lunch
sad.gif

Hmm..i had a huge lunch
sad.gif

Cha siew chee chong fan + small bowl of porridge (never finish the porridge)

Roast duck + 1 wing rice ^.^

Hopefully dont puke...

Told my boss today i am preggy...

still thinking what to cook for lunch... headache...

today is the last day of my HL to bed rest leh... tomorrow going back to work.. thinking of the commuting etc makes me more headache... hahaha

Hi All,
Hope all will keep ur lunch. hee....
me had yong tou foo. yummy

just to check those who did a diff test how do you tell ur gyne? I always tot its a must to do everything with the same gyne to make sure that he/she can monitor how's baby?

Ellen, I share the same concern on commuting. Spotting seems more serious now. I will see gynae tmr evening to check on baby.

Simplygreen,my gynea told me to drink whatever I like. So mainly my drinks now are ribena, glucose and Milo. Just stay hydrated. I was put on drip as my lips were all pale and dry from the throwing up. Whatever I intake will just Come out. Colour of your tongue can show as well. Hope u r better soon.

Amanda and bubbly29: Thanks! Haaaa just sticked to here.

Hi ladies,

Have not been commenting but did follow most posts almost every day
happy.gif
I am 9 weeks plus as of today.

Had our company's potluck lunch today so I had fried laksa, fried rice, roasted chicken, pasta, fruits and cakes but all in small bites. No appetite to eat the chicken wing and pasta so I passed it to my colleague who doesn't mind :p

So far, I had only told our parents, 2 close friends and 3 closer colleagues. Intend to tell my immediate boss later but he is always busy. Still thinking how to go about telling him in a fast yet discrete way...

melilone: for me, my gynae has a package which includes most things except oscar + some other more expensive tests. so for those, they are all optional and he will check w us if we want to do it. maybe you check with your gynae if he/she has a package?

ttcing: haha tell him, boss, i have one good news and one bad news.. good news: i'm pregnant. bad news: i will be away for 4 months end of the year! :p anyway i didnt have that problem cos i was on 7days HL beginning of the year so when i went back to submit mc i just "updated" my boss on my situation lor. my boss and many colleagues are mothers themselves so when they hear 7 days HL they also linked to pregnancy already..

For lunch i had rice w curry fish, fried salad prawns and stir fried long beans, and a big bunch of grapes!

Amanda: Thanks for your suggestion
happy.gif

I will try that and see how. My boss is still not here yet though....hmmm....

Btw, not sure if any of you MTBs here experience this situation like me:

According to my LMP, I should be 10 weeks but gynae scanned me and said that I am only 9w2d as of today. His u/scan machine also does not indicate any EDD on it. So does it mean that my baby is growing slower than it should be? Gynae said all was fine though, as of last Thursday at 8w4d.

mine says 7w3d on 12 Jan when according to my LMP it should be 6w6d. i guess don't worry so much first, esp during the first trimester cos baby so small..sometimes the measurements miss by a bit? haha.

How do you all intend to tell your bosses? My dept also has a colleague who is preggy. When she told them, they just gave her a shock face and didn't say much. I am wondering how to tell them..

diorly: yes, and i think im going to get very fat from all that eating! my husband says that he can no longer supplement his meals w my leftovers cos nowadays i hardly have leftovers at all! but it depends lah. most days i can eat quite a lot. but some days i get the bland taste in my mouth and cannot eat at all. cos everything tastes equally yucky and bland.

Let them know one by one tats wat i intend to do cos have not 12 weeks so still trying to keep my mouth shut, haha but some of them have guessed it, thanks to one stupid photo, make my tummy look so big..... *argh*

So i guess most gyne will be alright with that ya? then how abt the the one in paragon will it be weird just to see them for one or two scan?

melione: Hmm...i dont think its weird....but i will try to talk to the sonographer to ease the awkwardness? I think i am more excited to see my baby...hehe

Gynae of cos will be more friendly and more approachable...since they will be "seeing" most of you and baby...

I cutdown on ribena drink. As one of the mummy say it causes loose stool. My tummy have been "stirring". Now back to the yucky plain drink. What else can I do.

Diorly. I also have the phlegm problem. ESP after late afternoon. It will stick with me till nite time.

Anyone had breathing difficulty. Don know why lately I can't lie down to slp. Find it hard to breathe. End up I sit u till I doze off.
I thot only last trimester when bb is big den will have such problem.

Zhaqqie, tell ur reporting officer direct first then ur boss ? Am lucky that both my director and reporting officer are quite understanding.

Amanda, should be normal ? I have it too. Breathless and panting. Am waiting for me to enter 2nd trimester before I go to my tcm to see what can be done.

diorly / skymummy: same also...i always feel like having phlegm stuck at my throat and this will cause me to throw up...everytime throw up..its all phlegm...

Hihi! Seems like few of us start to get our appetite back!

I had strong cravings for Mee Siam (Toast box's version) tdy. So took LRT then MRT to the nearest mall just to satisfy my craving
happy.gif
Now I feel very tired. Craving for tdy satisfied but I still feel like eating more Mee Siam!

I've been having headache lately. Maybe I'm dehydrated plus I can't sleep well at night. Keep going to toilet....

sinplyme - im not doing oscar and the blood test
happy.gif
we opted out for number one and also same for number two. reason being we wouldnt consider abortion either way and also its not 100% full proof also. Ive got friends who have scanned and found out baby is abnormal, but during delivery baby turned out normal! so they were worried for several months during their pregnancy... its v worrying one!

im still nauseating though. Bens and Jerry's choc ice cream is good at keeping my nausea at bay though. duno why. ribena is ok for me so far. and im just snacking through my meals. sometimes i will throw, sometimes not. haiz. i wish there'll be no more nausea!!!!! im 11 weeks 1 day today!

breathless n panting could b heartburn tat was caused by the xtra acid that we r producin. that wat my gynea explain durin my last visit.

i keep cravin for kfc... but the tot of the oil make me lose appetite! so til now, hv not eaten!! lol

my gal broke my heart yesterday. suddenly ask me, "Mommy, why ur tummy so big?"..... stab in the heart..... sigh.....

Poky, after I see your post I start to crave for Popeyes! I find it less oily than kfc. And the strange thing is I used to love eating drumsticks n thigh area coz more tender. Now I only like the chewy breast meat.

Have u told your girl got sibling on the way?
My girl so young, tell her she also duno. I'm quite worried how she will cope with childcare & sibling's arrival at same time.

My mum says my tummy looks like just given birth haven't slim down. Flabby! Sianz. Have to find doll dress for CNY to hide it!

skymummy, i also have to sleep inclined since beginning of pregnancy.. it seems to aid digestion better and i dun feel nauseous before sleeping. side effect is sore neck like these few days cos i fell asleep watching tv too..

usaginoko and poky, yar i got craving for kfc too.. the new dunno wat set, got one drumstick and one fish burger in a box one.. after watching the repeated advertisements on tv recently. And my boy is opposite of ur gals.. heheh.. he is older and he understands, except he doesn't understand why it takes SO long to for our sweetie pies to bake inside tummy and can't play with him any sooner, so he ask me a different question "why bb not out yet?" i realised i put on 10 kg since 5 yrs ago when i had my boy and never lost it.. this round will have like 15-20 kg to lose.. sigh

i just got some maternity wear from spring cos really dun feel like squeezing into normal pants anymore, have to keep zipping up and down when i sit or stand. spring is giving this really sweet patterned cloth bag too.. hehe. Tops i really dun feel like getting from maternity wear shops cos not so trendy.. so i think i'll go places like cotton on, top shop, dorothy perkins..

wlilian, this round mine also not cooperative. its a very quiet passive bb.. i think didn't move at all throughout my first scan.. even when sonographer press like mad, also like that. my colleague said hers also. im not quite used to seeing this as my previous ones were pretty bubbly and active inside. But i guess every bb is different.. and as long as healthy can already!

usaginoko
lol, my cravin spread to u liao ah?!

ya, she know. but she dosent connect it yet... she kept askin y bb stil inside... hv not prep her that her mom goin to turn fat cos bb growin inside... =p

how old is ur? my gal settle pretty well with settlin in cc in nov 10 n sis arr in feb 11. within 3mths. tot she wld resent. but she quite protective instead. so dun worry much ya?

since i took my HL during week 8, my boss and a few colleagues already know.. i'm sure by now the whole department knows.. well i will find out their reaction tomorrow when i am back to work~

for those who have stomach discomfort/acid reflux, you can sleep on your left side - is known to be better due to how the stomach is shaped and positioned etc.

P & Poky: seems like your kids can't wait for little sibling to arrive n play with them
happy.gif

My girl's 13mths now, starting cc in mid-June. Assuming i pop in early Aug, she only has around 6 wks to adapt to cc b4 #2 arrives. She's very clingy to me now.....

Haha so I'm definitely not the only one w KFC cravings. I just had 2 piece chicken meal over the weekend. My hubby was shocked cos I usually frown when he wants to eat KFC, cos unhealthy. Heehee. For that he said he thinks its a boy, cos eats like him!!

For me, I wanna eat chicken = nauseous.. I wanna eat fish = nauseous.. like I prefer to eat vegetables and tofu, simple dishes.. maybe too strong smell or taste I will feel nauseous. One of my friend also like that, think we can be vegetarian already.. haha.

hahaha.. looks like kfc will get good biz these few wks from us.

diorly, my cravings are so random i cannot figure what i want to eat exactly until i get really hungry. i tend to eat more healthy which is good, e.g. soupy hot stuff. i totally avoid fried stuff and chips, which was my daily staple prior to pregnancy. i sure do hope we are becoming healthier!

I decided not to do Oscar too.

Saw my lil beanie today.. thank goodness, Bb growing well despite e 1week bleeding.. scan show Bb Edd 30aug but gynae say just stick w 1st Edd he advised 01sep..

Love e heartbeats!!

Hmm my appetite not so good..smell of mushrooms make me nausea..when I used to love them.. Ate a bit of mee Siam,,,but hated it... Surviving on ribenia too.. N fruits..

Hi ladies! Glad to know that there is such thread.. Im in week 10 and edd is on 19 aug..

Been having nausea feeling thru whole day n cudnt eat
anything. I been feeling heavy lately but i know bb still
small, so izzit normal? Me too on long hl till i cross over to week 12..

Good morning, I'm up for my early morning snack again. Yawn..

Do any of u tend to hear ur stomach growls more prominently? Mine is really loud, be it hunger sounds, those stomach churning with water or gas sounds. So embarrassing!

Back