(2013/07) July 2013

I bought the Blackmores breastfeeding gold frm Watson's. I dun think it's due to this that I could breastfeed so long. Baby needs to suckle for supply to come in.

I guess my daughter took to suckling quite naturally. She was waiting to suckle while I was still being stitched up in the op theatre. But they din allow me to breastfeed her till 9am+ next morning. They told me to rest.

demand means supply!! agree with u.. wen i stop latching wen my boy is 7mths+.. i pump exclusively.. but after 2 mths later, realise my supply drop.. so tis time round i will nv stop latching liao.. hopefully i can feed till the bb turn 1!

Abby,
Work lor sigh.. If its holiday definitely will bring my boy along. Hub is with me cause my mum is worried that I'm alone and now pregnant with no.2 better for him to come along. Original plan before I knew I was pregnant was to come as a family but there was a big snow for a few mths so I dare not bring my son over especially there's limited Asian food in Aberdeen so.. well. Agreed with you, the bread/potatoes/sausages are making me sick, I just want ASIA food now craving for Nasi Lemak!!!

Shld buy? Cause Hub's ticket wasn't covered by company so he was saying additional expenses cause his air tix was 3K so he abit niao to buy and if my Mil knows abt us buying another quinny I dont know if she will go crazy cause Zapp was bought by her for hub's niece but she rarely use it so pass to us almost brand new. Problem is hor, she asked us to return the Zapp to her when we told her we're using the Peg perego cause she said she wanna keep the Zapp for my bil who's not even married yet. To me, if u want to take back the Zapp because of passing it to my bil, dont bother to tell me u are giving us ma thats y I was abit pissed of not that I gian to have that Zapp but its a tedious task to bring the Zapp over to Taiwan! Yep, hub's from Taiwan so very hassle lah. Need to push Zapp and Peg Perego so I was thinking.. buy Buzz and return that Zapp to her HAhaha.. evil me

Morning ladies

I stomachache whole night and diarria now still stomach pain. Really painful. Sharp pain upper stomach. I suspected due to goat milk I drank last time. After drinkin I had lots of gas then stomach cramps.

Will someone develop lactose intolerance during pregnancy? I was fine before... Else probably the milk is not fresh ....

Abby: Saw that you visited lorna whiston. U going for their daily program or enrichment class? is it good? I intend to send my boy there for speech & drama class once he turn 2 yr old. he's currently at GUG after attending classes at Julia Gabriel for 6 mths...

Hi Everyone..

Speak of vomiting and nausea, i almost blacked out at office yst afternoon so had no choice to go A&E at KK. Was under observation. They suggested to be admitted but i refused and came back home. My fist gynae appt isn't till 29th dec. So yst they did a u/s and heard the baby's heartbeat as well. Was in observation for about 8 hrs plus with the meds.

But feeling soooo much better today. The Vit b6 really helps with the nausea. I cannot still eat much. But trying my best to eat small meals as much as i can.. No vomiting for now which is great news... =)

hi ladies,
i was on mc today and ytd but today back at work. down with very bad block nose and flu, cough and sore throat. worst, i spread to my gal. poor gal had block nose ytd night till cannot sleep well.

the thread is gg so fast ytd.
i am in my 10 week now and seem my nausea is getting better. touch wood touch wood. tummy getting bigger and quite obvious that i am preg but look at 4 to 5 mth preg.
a lot of coll in the office start to question each other leow. cant seem to hide my tummy.

as for the gender chart, my sis gace me one also. i check and it state is a boy. hope so, cos my no 1 is a gal, but in my heart i hope is another gal. 2 gals can play together with the same things and more tame. hee.. but everyone is pinning hope for a boy cos my dad already has 5 granddaughters and 5 daughters. all gals no boy!
but most impt is bb is healthy. gender doesnt really matter.

Linda, my no.1 is a boy, I hv no preference on gender for no.2
To me, if boy again, I think my no.1 will be happy. If ger, the parent will be happy. And ya, so long our kids are healthy and guai, I can't ask for more liao
happy.gif

My Oscar went well and bb is cooperative too. Have to wait for about a week for final results

Did you all check out the package offered by your doctor? It starts fr which week? How much it costs? And what usually it comprises?

milktea : hihi!! welcome!!

linda : hope u get well soon!! take care and replenish urself with plenty of water..

anybody heard bout NT test? my fren told me is similar to oscar scan.. any idea?

ladies, do u feel that your immunity system is lousier now that u're preggie? i seem to be getting blocked / runny nose and sore throat quite often ... weather's certainly not helping

usha & linda: take care. weekend's coming, rest well

Thks berries!

I think Oscar is blood test + detailed scan where they will take the measurement of baby spine la, limbs la, head la to calculate and with the result of blood test = the ratio of ok and not ok.

Then the NT is merely the blood test right?

From my understanding, Oscar test is done at around end of our first trim/ beginning of our 2nd trim whereas the normal blood test/ detailed scan is done slightly later.

I have seen close ones who hv to let go due to not so good result.
If can afford, don't have to spend alot more but it's good if we can be sure of the result in the earlier stage.

It maybe a gimmik for medical industry to earn $, I agree, but if we can afford, just pay.

Ling, normally package offer by Drs are from 12th week onwards when pregnancy is kindle more stable.
There are some who offered package earlier, a week or two la, if the gynae thinks you are stable le.
I have not gone for my first appt, don't know how much my gynae will charge.

milktea : i see! coz i change gynae this time round, and this gynae only do NT tests but not oscar scan..but my fren told me NT tests is similar.. i did oscar scan for my #1 and i tink oscar scan is more detailed.. now i tinking wan to go bk to my previous gynae anot..

NT scan is the ultrasound. They will measure the clear space in the tissue at the back of baby neck. Babies with abnormalities tend to have more fluid at the back of the neck, causing the space to be larger than average.

OSCAR will be NT ultrasound + blood test. Based on all this, will be more accurate than just ultrasound alone.

My gynae start package from 2nd visit. Pay $550 in total? include all consultation and ultrasound/ vitamins. exclude 12 week and 20 week scan

berries, no need change gynae bcoz of that. Just tell ur gynae your want to do oscar, he can arranged for u to go TMC to do de.

My previous gynae also made the arrangement for me.
In some clinics, the gynae has better machine to do the scan themselves, so no need to go TMC to do.

I no mood to work, holiday mood liao, the office is dead quiet, I think next week will be even more jialat. Heehee..

thanks ladies for your concern, hope can enjoy my holidays.

my gyane starts his package in week 20.
usually the test not sure Oscar or NT.
my no 1, was blood test taken to check for any down symdrome.
my gynae do detailed scan at every visit. maybe his machine more advance bah. that's y every scan cos me $70.

NT test is basically for the detailed scan. Accuracy is 80%. OSCAR includes bloodtest and scan and accuracy is 90%. I did OSCAR for no.1 and had terrible results from the bloodtest, turns out my hormones were still very high resulting in inaccurate blood test result. (I was carrying twins but lost 1 of them at week 7) Scan alone was perfect very low risk 1: 35000 whereas after combining my bloodtest, it became 1:250 became moderate risk. KKH Prof was good and he did another even detailed scan for me to make me feel safe that my baby is fine.

Hi, I am about 10 weeks plus now. So far I did 3 u/s scan.. Jus thinking if safe for the baby to do so many scans? Is there any side effects?

Serene

Congra! No it won't have side effect from personal experience. My elder I did scan at 4th, 5th, 6th week and subsequently more. Baby is fine. Don't worry.

Thanks anewmummy. Great to hear that!
happy.gif
This is my 1st pregnancy so tend to be more worried. I am going for my NT scan and blood test in another 2 weeks time.

Today went for my oscar test. Hv to wait a week for the results. From the scan, can see bb growing well though my ms quite bad. Feel so happy hearing bb strong heartbeat.

As my 1st is a gal, hope this will be a boy! But well think their health is the most impt factor!

6 tablets left.
Hi MYBs sorry to interrupt:

WTS: Duphaston 10mg tablets Selling at $5 for all 6.

Expiriing in March 2015.

Self collect at Tiong Bahru MRT.
Clementi MRT and Jurong East MRT on weekdays only.

May your pregnancy be smoothsailing!

milktea : is it? okok.. i will request it current gynae to opt me for oscar scan.. thks!!

Joanne : i cant wait for my next appt and ask for scans date.. for my case i hope mine is a gal tis time round since my #1 is a boy le..

xmas eve.. ofc having half day.. super no mood to work lor.. just wait for the clock to tick and end work soon...

good morning ladies
merry christmas
happy.gif
& happy holidays!

berries: i fin work at 3pm. but party at 12.30 pm, so it's still half day work
happy.gif
counting down now ...

lina : so shiok!! still got party in ofc.. my side here dun have.. korean company are like tis.. very stingy!! haha.. so they allow us to leave at 12.30pm...

Hi Orangey... so interesting, the sonographer will circle out the 'unique feature'. heehehe..

What is Peg Perego?

Hi LinaChew.. yes, my immunity is much lower. I kept having cold and Im now down with cold sore (it will flare up when the immunity is low, and when not enough sleep). Looking so ugly now, with the cold sore on my upper lip.

Hi Linda.. my gynae charges $100 for ultrasound!! Ex....
sad.gif

Hi Catherine.. your gynae's package is so affordable! I think mine is at $1.5 - 2K!

List updated!! 49 MTBs!!!

<table border=1><tr><td> No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Evelyn_t (evelyn_t)</TD><TD>01-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Adeline Cheng (adelinech)</TD><TD>01-Jul-13</TD><TD>A/Prof Han HC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Terrylyn (terrylyn) </TD><TD>01-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Nickgal (serchan)</TD><TD>02-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Poh Kok</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sally (sallysia)</TD><TD>02-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Joanne (partner)</TD><TD>03-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Jan Lim (jan_lim)</TD><TD>03-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Poh Kok</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ling (snowmelody)</TD><TD>03-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Lim Xiuping Joanne (limxp82)</TD><TD>04-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Wong Heng Fok</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Chocz (chocz)</TD><TD>04-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian woodworth</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Smurfy (purpv)</TD><TD>04-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Wee Khin</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>littledarling (littledarling)</TD><TD>05-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Orangey (jimbok)</TD><TD>06-Jul-13</TD><TD>A/Prof Han HC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Abby (abbybaby) </TD><TD>07-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Kellie Lim (54drizzles)</TD><TD>07-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Raine (eniar)</TD><TD>07-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Patricia Sim</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Berries (joyceberries)</TD><TD>09-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>raywen (raywen)</TD><TD>10-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian woodworth</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>elin2201 (elin2201)</TD><TD>11-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Little Fish (little_yellow_fish) </TD><TD>11-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>E'leen Lau (leenmummy)</TD><TD>13-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Xu Lishan (xuls23)</TD><TD>13-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>HS (gixmoz) </TD><TD>15-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>JoJo (babyhappie)</TD><TD>15-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Melissa Teo (melissatsw) </TD><TD>16-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr H K Ho </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>eileen ang (eileen_ang)</TD><TD>17-Jul-13</TD><TD> Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Eunice Soo (hpc123) </TD><TD>17-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Linda (qq77)</TD><TD>17-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>anewmummy (anewmummy)</TD><TD>18-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>babystella (babystella)</TD><TD>19-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Annabel Sim (Bellez2005)</TD><TD>19-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Addy (ads)</TD><TD>19-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Caryl (1k0r2)</TD><TD>21-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Felixp (felixp)</TD><TD>21-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Chinook (sgmumoz)</TD><TD>22-Jul-13</TD><TD>Nil</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Ling (babyyu) </TD><TD>22-Jul-13</TD><TD>(TBA)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Sapphire05 (sapphire05)</TD><TD>22-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Baby MoO (somuchinlove)</TD><TD>23-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Acacia (acacia)</TD><TD>24-Jul-13</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>beano (littlebeano)</TD><TD>28-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Glen</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Monster (merrymonster) </TD><TD>28-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>tabbyz (tabbyz)</TD><TD>29-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>ordolla (fellcy)</TD><TD>29-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>teddy (teddygal)</TD><TD>30-Jul-13</TD><TD>Prof Biwas</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Babyxi (babyxi) </TD><TD>30-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian woodworth</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Catherine (thiasy)</TD><TD>30-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian woodworth</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Milktea20 (milktea20) </TD><TD>30-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Lina Chew (ckw1011) </TD><TD>31-Jul-13</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH </TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Usha RajKumar (usha_rk)</TD><TD>31-Jul-13</TD><TD>Dr Khoo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi all.. I wanna ask you...

I keep having discharge everyday. Is this normal?

For the past 2 days, I noticed that there's a very slight (very very very slight) brownish stain that the discharge left behind.

Is this ok?

my first xmas in the new work place, no festive mood here at all, luckily, we will be knocking off at 1pm today...

sapphire,
i'm having clear/white discharge too, for a couple of days, which turn slightly brown after contact with air... might be the same as yours? just monitor lo, i suspect it might be mild infection, cause I had that for awhile when I had #2... Am getting more yogurt and cranberries to snack, these will help with infection...

lina,
mine office no celebration but leave at 3pm. no mood to work.

sapphire,
brown discharge is quite normal, my no 1 i had brown discharged was quite scare, so went to my gynae, and he told me that it is the left over from our last menses. so long its not red or pinkish discharge, shd be ok, but have to be careful also.

wow... $100 very ex leh.
i tot my scan $70 + consultation $70 per visit is already on the high side.
my gynae package is $1.8k from week 20 onwards.

Hi Eleen.. thanks for your advise. Which yoghurt are you taking? I seldom take yoghurt and do not know which one I should get.

Hi Linda.. my consultation is $50, then scan at $150. My package is about the same as your... at between $1.5 - 2K (I havent pay for it yet). Thanks for your advise, I was also thinking that it shouldnt be anything serious since there's no red/pink sightings.

Hi Mummies!! Enjoy your Chrismas and holiday! And remember we have already received the best present!
happy.gif

Merry Christmas!

My package also high side from wk 20 only 1.5-2.5k... Before that every visit about 180 include a scan. Vitamins harvested separately....

sapphire
when i first had slight brown discharge, i went to the doc who told me that it was ok, so long as not pink/red. however, i was advised to rest as much as possible, and not move around too much/carry heavy stuff. just take it easy for 1st trimester ok

Hi all, Merry X'mas!

I'm new to this thread.. Currently into my 10 weeks... Any mummies here started taking multi vitamins at this stage?

Happy Holidays!
happy.gif

Hi all merry xmas!

My consultation $75 n scan $100 n plus 7% gst. My gyn package around $1650 from week 16 onwards. But it covers all consultation, scan, blood n urine test, med, 2 detailed scans... so is quite comprehensive.

Though some gyn might charge higher but maybe they covers other things so is better to ask for breakdown on the package.

Morning All..

Hope everyone had a good christmas celebrations. I was just resting in bed the whole day..

Cannot wait for saturday to have my first appt with my gynae..

Hi Usha.. Have fun on your first appointment. Given that it's already week 10 for you now, you should be able to see the heartbeat etc.

Back