(2013/06) June 2013

i bgt from mmothercare UK via vpost direct to SG>.its still cheaper than buying from mothercare SG though the shippping is quite ex...
i like mothercare sleepsuits..its more durable n comfy n not so snug fit as compared to carters/gap...like bak chang...

i never buy M&S before..maybe can try hor...who is organising..can use VPOST UK?

muslin swaddle..if u all dont need branded..go thomson parentcraft can buy...its plain white muslin for swadddling baby
..if my memory didnt fail me its sgd 20 for 2 pieces...

chewie: thanks for the update! i think in that case i would prefer to pick up from designated stores, at least i know the items are safe there and usually pick-up is free. will check it out!

Vivi: congrats! 2 princesses for u
happy.gif

Janiz: oh that's quite cheap. who's your masseuse? u got from recommendation? if yours not chinese maybe no need ang bao? mine's chinese.

Thanks girl girl and Mabelths
happy.gif

I hope they wont be a handful next time....

Actually for swaddle cloth I use cloth diaper only because #1 is very easily sweaty and we dont use aircon. I think I wont buy ba since June is a hotter month... and usually I will only swaddle a month till baby reaches full month

For newborn diapers I dont know whether I will buy first must see what is the baby weight after birth so may just use the pack from the hospital first.

btw as for diapers, i saw newborn size and S size differs nt much...so maybe if baby born at >3kg can use S directly?

not sure if it works this way..hahaa

anyone going for the baby fair tomorrow? i'm still undecided whether i want to go..but my colleagues keep saying i should take a look

oh and i saw that for the mothercare fair next month, Tommee Tippee bottles only going at $2!! very tempted to buy..u all may want to consider? it's very cheap! http://www.************/UploadedImages/8770mothercare1.png

Also, isetan babyfair starting today! http://www.************/UploadedImages/3696littletots-01.jpg

Vivi
Congrats.

Forgot i got cloth diaper, so NB disposable diaper might only be using at night only. I think the pack that hospital give should be sufficient bah.

ya... i tink hospital will give the NB diapers... either huggies or pampers??

i saw the diapers weight hor... most of the NB never use long...a lot of mummies jump to S at the end of 1st month so not really need to stock up...

hehe...today BB active!!! kick, punch...ouch...

Girl Girl
If you going to use NB diapers totally without cloth diapers, might need at least 2 packets of NB diapers during 1st mth.

Last time my 2 sons weighs about 3.3kg when born, i never use cloth diapers at all and i use up 2 packets of NB diapers during my confinement. Coz they poo alot of times and the diapers cannot be use.

mabelths
Thanks for the info. Hehe.....getting excited. Just nice my mom asked me to go Isetan today with her. Can go and take a look.

birdbird
I stayed at Mt A last time and SIL stayed at TMC. Both gave 1 pack of diapers which the nurse already open and use during our hospital stay.

Thanks Kome
happy.gif

Birdbird
I rememember hospitals will give 1 pack, the remainder from the hopsital stay and a pack of wet wipes. I even gotten a big bottle of hand disinfectant those non rinse kind when I discharged from TMC.

If not wrong hospitals are using huggies ultra now.

Kome> ya...2 bags should be enuff. Lucky my hse downstairs got 1 kiddy shop, 1 chinese medicine shop, supermarket...so can ask ah lao buy diapers and haul it back...

my MIL giving me a big bottle of vinegar to cook the pig trotters ....hahaha..

birdbird> ya for every baby, got a bag inside got NB diapers, wipes, tissue etc.... sponsored by various vendors lo...
happy.gif
happy.gif

I think the mothercare sounds more exciting than other fairs... lol

but i heard that time the crowd to go in and the queue to pay can be horrendous.

birdbird: yea..i think if u deliver at Mt A/TMC/KKH all will provide..not sure abt the others though

even if you go hospital tours they will give 2pcs..haha

i think sometimes when u attend seminars they also give? in those goodie-bags by sponsors?? i havent been to seminars yet but the goodie-bags always looks very enticing

Vivi: yea! i can imagine the queue! but i cant take leave on 1 Mar (Fri)...i'm afraid if i go on 2 Mar (Sat) most things would already be gone? haha
happy.gif

I delivered at Mt E last year and I got the leftover NB nappies to bring home too. It was the yellow pampers one. I guess my baby will be on small side, so get newborn more worth it cos more pieces. Haha...

Thanks och for the link! I was at HBF Mothercare during lunch and they are already arranging the stocks for next Friday's sale. Bought some toys, new float, Pupsik sling today cos trying to finish up vouchers before they expire this weekend. I'll prob skip the sale cos can't imagine squeezing with so many ppl...

Thanks mabelths for Isetan link! I will pop by after work today to check out the Avent sterilizer price since was planning to get meat from the supermarket for 15th dinner this weekend.

absentmama, the A&A on Pupsik and Mothercare are the 44" ones. Mothercare also $55.90 and member can get 10%. Think I'll go for the Amazon one cos it's bigger and all 4 pieces got printed design. Just checked out M&S. The prices are indeed better than Mothercare! Do they have sales? Will work with my UK concierge so it's $3.50 per 100g, think it's cheaper than vPost as I compared against the completed UK sprees on SMH and vPost also charges by volume so it's probably more exp

Blurdopey, the links are hm.com (choose UK) and mothercare.com

I'm able to order from any US and UK website, do check out my site - http://iwannaspree.com. I built a site cos I'm very lazy to tabulate Excel to track... Fav sites to spree from are Drugstore and Amazon cos I have 2 day shipping so it gets to SG very fast (intl shipping 4 days). Have been ordering regularly for Carters, AX, F21, Ralph Lauren etc. Esp for Carters, recently ordered daily... as long as there are at least 10 items can order cos they will ship in plastic envelope which can end up being cheaper than consolidating into a large order and paying for vol weight

I'll be placing a batch for Drugstore next weekend cos wanna stock up on fenugreek. Let me know if anyone's interested to join
happy.gif

Hi absentmama, the A&A muslim swaddles are 50% off at the baby fair in the expo, as well as other A&A products like sleeping bags, scrubs, security blankets. The same co is selling JJ cole stuff like head rest at 50% off too.

Thought I would spend just a couple of hours there but in the end spent about 5hrs - parking was $11.90 but there was just so much to buy. Queue was long at tollyjoy (the clothes were v cheap: 3 for $5 and so many pp bought the detergent), Huggies, Goon in particular. Too wiped out to look around at Pigeon which will be at the Taka fair next month but the Philips Avent booth was really quiet.

Hi Chewie, wow you're really dedicated to spreeing! Btw I didn't know the A&A swaddles have different sizes, paiseh. Seldom notice details
happy.gif

Is it ok to get bulky items ie toys through sprees or are these for clothing only? Sorry, dunno anything about spree etiquette

MofMM - thanks for sharing info on the A&A stuff at expo! I'm so tempted to go but my toddler is down with fever and flu and the elder is already showing all tge symptoms as well so I guess this weekend's busted. Need 2 adults to look after 2 sick kids.. Haiz.

Btw do you mind sharing which booth had the A&A stuff? Just in case I get a chance to drop by

Hi Absentmama, the swaddles were sold out by this afternoon but the promoter said they bringing in more tomorrow. No way to verify truth of that statement... But if So, Think will be snapped up in the early morning (bought mine at 11.15am) so if u are eyeing these best to go early (n forget abt queuing for goody bag if u are alone - do not worth in my view).
The booth is A something...on the extreme left of the hall (when you face the hall), at the area behind Huggies but is along the v first row (somewhere midway) against the left wall of the hall.

absentmama, haha yes, my interest is shopping... online shopping to be exact
happy.gif
Hope your kiddos get well soon and stay healthy yourself!

I will 'warn' my spreeists if I anticipate that the shipping cost will be high due to bulky item. If spreeist ok, I'm ok to get it. However for UK items, strictly no bulky items.

MofMM, thanks for the heads up on A&amp;A swaddles, 50% off is a great price. Means it is <$30 for 4 pieces??

In any case, I ordered from a Up, up away from a SMH BP seller and if anyone wants to get single pieces (I probably need just 2), you can PM me. I'll let go at $15.50 incl. normal postage.

Yay, knock off time
happy.gif
Have a great weekend everyone!

thanks for the updates all! sounds like it is a must-go even though it will be super packed!

think i may go early in the morning then..
yup..have a great weekend mummies! we may even bump into each other tomorrow without knowing..hahahaa
happy.gif

Mofmm
I love tollyjoy clothes because comfortable but too bad hubby working so I cant be going down with an active toddler.

Guess will just have to forgo
sad.gif

Chewie
Keep me posted if you spreeing for Carters I want to buy something for mei mei
happy.gif

Went to expo last evening, looks like there are many good deals! But didn't have much time to spend there and yes, can easily spend hours and hours (also $$$)!

Huggies booth was really popular, with long queue for purchases. They went out of stock and restocked in the evening. Nearly closing and the long queue still there. Newborn diapers are going for 3 (24pc) packs - $10! But nb ones are really tiny.

I bought some swaddle cloths (swaddlePlus 44x44) and sleep bags from A&amp;A they are at half price. Really happy with them. Yah the lady also said tomorrow will have more stock but not sure how many/ which ones.

Oh yeah those mummies who've yet booked your postnatal massages, there are some really good promo going on!

hello mummies! today really quiet...guess everyone still at expo? hahaaa...lots of good buys but the queues and crowds are scary!!

btw just to share (i've booked my massage already unfortunately) my friend was telling me Lynn Aesthetics actually offer post-natal massages at $270 for 10 sessions. it's a promo they have for now, but i think may have to pay for trpt charges. If you keen u may want to check it out by emailing /calling them: [email protected]/ 62898901

sounds like mine quite exp compared to them but i'm keeping my fingers crossed coz my friend used her for both her pregnancies and her figure got even better..hahaa

also, how many sessions did u all book? i heard recommended at least 20 sessions.

happy weekend and happy expo shopping!!
happy.gif

Went to expo ytd evening, been having back pain past few days on binder now..
Bought some stuff at great prices* mustela newborn set $86 usual $126,swaddle cotton wrap 50% off at $26-6pcs, air flown hypoallergenic pillow $19.90 usual $29.90, blanket wrap organic cotton $15 and normal $15.90 cartoon print, 3pc newborn shirt $15
Saw the jap brand GOON seems to be a gd deal

Hi mummies have the follow to give away/ sell
1)Loose maternity pad ( give away)
2) GNC Fenugreek ( taken abt 5, left 95 pcs) @ $15
3) Similac Mum 4 tins @ $45
Self collect at Bedok or at my convenience.
What'sapp me at 96776076

Mabelths... yours can't be as expensive as mine which is 700 plus for 10 sessions haha... but i heard good reviews about it so i just went for it. Anw, i think i plan to space my second child quite close to my first so no point spend so much money to lose weight. After my second child i will probably go for something like 20 sessions and close shop lol.

chloe_ng: haha...mine's $738 + 2 red packets for 10 sessions...but seeing the results of my friends + hearing all the good reviews, i'm going for that...hubby say 'tried and tested' is better..haha...i'm thinking of going for 20 sessions...as for spacing out whether i plan for #2...will have to let nature take its course as i tried 4 yrs for #1

kudos to you Mabelth for managing to conceive after trying so long.... must have been a joyous moment. care to share what is your postnatal massage centre?

Morning mummies!....

went buying bb stuff at isetan fair (avent/pigeon 20% off) over the weekend after prenatal class and on sunday. Sigh the snoopy rompers at Fox too cute lar....

now left lugging over clothes from my mum and check out diapers. Like some mummy frens say, dun buy too much NB size, coz S size already cater for 3kg-5kg...

morning mummies! start of another new week!
happy.gif

chloe_ng: yes it's indeed a joyous moment, esp i had miscarriages prior to this..so am very thankful that my baby is now growing healthily!
happy.gif

i'm actually not sure of the name exactly, the last i know she's at one of the Aesthetics salon at the Adelphi. Her name is Caroline, the same contact i've posted earlier to may
happy.gif

but do note i have not tried her personally as this is only recommendation from my friend..hehe...so praying that she's good!

Girl^Girl: oh i think some brands esp, the S sizes are really small...like drypers is very small. i got a sample pack and it is only 0.5cm bigger than huggies NB...so i would suggest that we can get samples from the various diaper brands before deciding what size/brands to buy
happy.gif

i went to the Isetan fair ytd too! but the rompers were pretty exp though they are really cute! and i keep getting 'warnings' from friends not to buy too many as baby will outgrow them very quickly.

Just a tip as well from a friend, try to get rompers that has front opening. It makes it easier to dress your baby when he/she is young.

malbelths> ya man...some of the sizes are really tiny lor. So far i only got huggies samples as i bought magazines or got them from goodie bags. Haha!

the rompers at isetan are expensive...zzzz....so did not buy them...i bought only the breast pads and warmer and insulate bag. Hehe.

Ya...rompers shd have front opening if possible. Easier to change/dress BB especially when their necks are still not very stable.

Even the sizes for 0-3, 3-6, 6-12, differentiate by an inch or so. So that is why i dare not buy too much at one go. Like my KKH doctor say, a lot of BB have growth spurt at 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months....

There will be more fairs:

1) mothercare baby fair
1-10 march
harbourfront centre lv 3
http://singapore-promotions.com/happenings/mothercare-baby-fair-2013-harbourfront-centre-1-10-mar-2013-59177/

2)John little baby fair
19 feb - 4 march
Marina sq n jurong pt
http://singapore-promotions.com/babies-mothers/john-little-baby-fair-up-to-20-off-19-feb-4-mar-2013-59021/

3) Isetan Little Tots Fair Up To 20% Off
22 feb - 10 march
Isetan Scotts, Katong &amp; Nex
http://singapore-promotions.com/babies-mothers/isetan-little-tots-fair-up-to-20-off-isetan-scotts-katong-nex-22-feb-10-mar-2013-58964/

and taka fair...

Anyone knows what the cost of delivering in Mt A? Has the carpark finished renovation? Is it difficult to park there now?

May I know anyone had the same problem as me - back aching, cramping occasionally like mensus pain radiating to the labia area,breathless upon a walking distance ...
I tried on the maternity binder which helps a bit, am on HL and gotta letter from gynae to do light duty only...I told boss to let me take AL and NPL thereafter till delivery date but she give tons of reason like not enough staff etc blah blah.. My hubby is pretty flare up but cos 3mths more to pop, I really 忍 even though some colleagues gave me face as my current health status don allow me to wrk fast...

noscon, I asked the lady from Mt A when at the baby expo. She says construction of the carpark and other reno has been delayed and will be completed only next year, instead of jan this year.

I compared the maternity packages at Mt A 2012 and 2013, big increase in price!

noscon: thanks for the update on JL fair!
happy.gif
as for Mt A, the delivery charges are here - http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/Maternity-Packages.asp

here's what i've gotten as a ref (but accurate as of June 2012):

total mothers/bby w all doc fee (2-bedded at Mt A) : $ 6,673.30
CPF : 5,180.69
Cash : 1,492.61

Hope you find this helpful! however it may depend on your gynae charges as well.

As for the parking, it is still under some reno (i go there for my gynae visits), but so far no issue as they offer complimentary valet parking. have had gd exp so far, fast and efficient
happy.gif

btw, have you all gone for your hospital tours?

the last time i went for the Mt A hospital tour, all the wards were occupied so i didnt get to see...i'm wondering if i can go again and get a chance to view..

birdbird: yea..the prices have increase quite a bit, so want to see the main diff in the single rooms..haha

Tricia, sorry to hear about what you have to put up at work. My advice is that if you can take HL, just take. Do be careful especially since we got to tahan for another 3 more months. If too tired, then just take annual leave and NPL. I think baby is more important. Don't push yourself too hard.

Tricia: hey sorry somehow i missed your post. my sis took HL for her last trim..and after that NPL for 2-yrs..but it is worth it to ensure your baby is well and you are resting well too...

jiayou! 3+mths to go!

i'm starting to feel the tiredness set in....neck aching again

Tricia

Sometimes if I walk too much or carry heavy stuff for too long, I will have a little mild cramping at my lower abdomen. I just need to rest for a while and it will go away....is it the same for you?

birdbird
oh gosh....no parking space and prices increase? they must be very popular... are you gg to deliver there?

mabelths
thanks for the link. Will study it...need to go for hosp tour to check out the rooms..so lazy to go... can you share with us once you have seen them?

noscon: the website has pics there, but i want to see for myself..hahaa

sure i'll share my views after i get to see the ward, will try again the next time i see my gynae, hopefully the rooms will not be as packed.

i'm actually deciding a single room for now, would prefer that so hubby can stay with me.

as for the carpark, i personally dont find it a hassle, neither noisy. so far each time i visit my gynae, i have no issues with parking. hubby will drop car with valet, and we will head up. after that he will pass the parking chit to the valet, and within few mins they will drive the car over.

other mummies who visit Mt A can give your views too, my visits there have been in the mornings around 9am (both weekdays and weekends), so i'm not able to comment during other times of the day.

Tricia, I have similar symptoms too - backache, braxton hicks contractions accompanied by menses-like cramping but I am only seeing gynae this sat. But for me I suspect its due to this being my 3rd pregnancy le, so feeling everything earlier

Does your job require you to be on your feet a lot? Agree with the others that you must take HL or npl if necessary since its still far too early now for bb to make an appearance. Take care and try to rest more

hi mummies.. so long dint log in here liao.. too bz with stuff as #1 is gg thru terrible 2.. OMG!

btw, the diapers given at hospital is not FOC. you pay for it! thats why i will make sure i leave nothing behind for them.. (=

also, I have already confirmed my massage lady.. $50/hr. cloth binder included. i think i will go for 7 sessions.. hopefully i can slim down aft that..

Back