(2013/06) June 2013

Zoers - why not buy a microwave steriliser.. It's cheaper than the traditional type and faster, as well as being easier to clean and keep clean.

I threw away my old steam steriliser from my first kid cos it looked all moldy after being stored in the bomb shelter for 1-2 years. If the steriliser itself is not clean how to ensure that the bottles and teats are properly sterilised

i took my SIL one during my first kid..within a mth..it was spoilt..everytime i touch the button..it wld electrocute me..so i believe in not using 2nd stuff esp for electrical stuff..i bought a new one..the 3-in-1 n used it for 1 year..then jus kept away recently..even in tt one yr..i alrdy notice rust at the bottom..sigh so dunno if need to buy a new one..coz it is still very new technically..we shall see..alternatively i also have those microwave ones..so if my maid washes bottles more often then can jus use tt..coz last time we wld keep a few bottles n then wash n sterilise one shot..

Hi Ru

You can try calling my confinement nanny.
Very clean, responsible and doesn talk much.
She cooking are good. She even prepare breakfast for my hubby and my brother-in-law who is currently staying with me.
PM me for her contacts.

Did my detailed scan on Mon at TMC. My bb is boy
happy.gif

Windy, can u update for me? Thanks!!

Birdbird, I've booked my course with Ms Wong oso on Mar...read from magazine to attend such course in third trimester...maybe in case we forgot the things we learnt if we attend too early?

Morning mummies..

Ms E > Noted with thanks!

birdbird > No worries, mine is also on end Mar..The parentcraft lady also proposed Mar for me. I feel it's better so we won't forget..

hello mummies!!

Been so so so busy this week that I seldom pop by and chit chat...

Here's wishing you all a Happy New Year with your lovable baobei/s!!

Yeah! next week will be my 24th week!....

Have a happy long weekend holiday, all mamas here! Enjoy all the yummy food and 'attention' before next year when the baby gets them all, lol! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Hi all mummies, Happy Chinese New Year !!!

Windy, can help me update my status no.1 child bb gender - boy, Hougang

Any mummie goin for the end of feb expo fair ???

Hi Windy, could you help me update bb gender as girl. Long time nv log in at smh alrdy, only active at FB.
Thank you and Happy Chinese New Year to all mummies.

happy chinese new year to all! back to work today, arrghh!

did my detailed scan last fri, my bb is a GIRL! (WINDY, for your kind update please, thanks!) my gut feel didn't work this time, felt it was a boy, lol..

glad that bb is developing well, everything's fine. not sure why but my gynae didn't measure her during this scan. she's been real active during CNY, i'm feeling lots of movement over the past few days...
happy.gif

happy new year to all!

ya lor..me also back at work liao...sian...want to rest at home leh..

BB has been very active these days. Guess she is excited about CNY...

went to Fox Baby and bought 2 sets of clothes (Snoopy) for her...(cannot blame coz her dad is Snoopy fan)....*piak forehead*...

went to buy maternity pads and bath tub for bb as well...

BB kicks nowadays seems more intense and really can see my tummy pop out...but my belly button has yet to come out....

girl^girl, agree, one morning i woke up and she was kicking v hard, i can see my tummy pop up 3 times, lol..

after knowing the gender, we went shopping for the first time yest. Bought a few outfits at ion H&M. the material states organic cotton, not sure what's the diff but it's very soft and smooth. think i'll drop fox baby soon too. just ordered some rompers pack from qoo10. so fun! :D

baby tends to move more at night..i suspect coz she can hear my interacting with kor kor and papa and more is happening at night..rather than the quiet office enviornment..she has also been more active the past few days even tho still gentler than kor kor..but today v quiet so far..lol

estaefran> ytd i was at H&M ion...got bb section but collection a bit limited leh...u managed to buy? how much ah...i scared v expensive...

fox baby got 3-6m, which i tink by 1st mth can wear liao (i see the weight chart is from 3.5-5.5kg). so no point buying NB size :S

lolxxx... rompers ah... ytd we saw a really cute dress (white color with cute flowers) but cost $50 ....so tempted to buy lor

girl^girl, yeah, quite limited selection. a bit pricey but the material feels so good leh.. i suddenly can't recall the price now.. o_O brain deteriorating.. Will go back check tonight.

hello all! yea...welcome back to work..haha...heaps of work! so much that i had to tapao lunch back..haha

i can feel my bb's movements but very mild...not like what u all describe...maybe my baby is the quiet sort..hehe

for me, i'm very blessed coz my sis is selling baby/toddler clothes....so i have quite a bit of nice dresses that she's passing to me! havent really done the major shopping yet since knowing my bb's gender
happy.gif

I saw the Ion H&m but nv buy. To me I won't spend so much on bb clothes... so far only buy those cheap qoo10 ones. The pack of 5 rompers for 10.50 is the best buy so far.

My bb is very gentle... ticklish fluttering movement but nothing hard at all. haha... I wonder if I shud be glad or wish for more active baby.

Girl^Girl: yea she is..she also has lots of flea-markets going on...haha

chloe_ng: haha..i guess as long as bb is healthy, some will be more active than others...hehee..i'm happy that i can finally feel my bb's movement after so long

btw, do u all think it is advisable to travel all the way until 35 weeks? i will need to constantly travel until around 35wks into pregnancy (which by then the airlines will ground me)

mabelths - depends on which airline u take..n ur dr also n the state of ur pregnancy..i also need to travel for work n will also be going for my own holiday at 30wks..so unless the dr chooses to ground u..n not issue u w a letter...i tink some airlines like SQ will take u up till 35 wks if ur dr gives u permission...really its how comfy u are w travelling..for me i tink my 30 wk trip will b my last...

For air travel from 28 weeks onwards, best prepare a letter from doctor - different airlines have different practice. Most airlines will take you up to 32 weeks.

mummync: hm...i'll be taking various airlines...haha..coz i think the final trip i have to make is to denmark then sweden in May...which the date currently makes it so that i touch-down in Singapore just as i turn 35weeks..

of coz my gynae says it is not recommended but didnt say i cant go...so still thinking abt it...

for me now every mth i'm still travelling out of the ctry..just concern abt the one in May

estaefran: Congrats!!

I recently went to City Square's Babyr'us and Gerber baby clothings were going at 50% off! Bought a few onesies for the baby. You mummies can go check it out!!
happy.gif

fefe> oh ya...at city square. I bought towels, cute bibs and a foldable basket for bb gal...aiyo bb things a lot leh...her room like machiam war zone siah....

Girl^Girl: Yeah! I keep going to browse browse and buy a little here and there.

At least you have a room for your baby!! hahaha. We didnt plan for a baby so soon so our house right now is very meant for singletons with no extra room to turn into baby room! :~( My entertainment room is glass door so cannot convert also. This is very big headache! Haiz.

mabelths - ya gynae will always say up to u..unless they have valid reasons to be concerned n stop u..if not they will leave the choice to u..ur own risk mah...hmm then u hafta chk w the airline u are taking...

I'm so envious of mummies who have started shopping for babies clothings.. I can't start shopping until baby decides to show us its gender. =(
Hopefully we'll be able to know the gender during the detailed scan next Tue..

Hi mommies happy new yr to all!

Been a busy day for me today. No time to update here. Went for detailed scan last fri. Baby weigh 347g at 20weeks, Gynae say bb is average size but I might need to eat more cos so far I only gained 2kg. Been sick last week hence lost 2kg.

Windy
Can update for mi? Mine is a boy. Can save $ liao.

thanks fefe! :D

girl^girl, checked my H&M purchases:
- 1-piece romper $9.90
- 1-piece romper $14.90
- 2-pack romper $17.90
- 3-piece set (romper + pants + cap) $17.90

by the way, was told by clinic assistant that i shouldn't be gaining weight so fast. so far at 22 weeks, gained 10kg. in between my previous 2 visits, i gained 4kg. was told that average should be around 2kg a month. now i try to cut down my intake of formula milk from 2 glasses to 1 glass a day, see if it helps..

Morning mummies and Happy CNY !

For me, I saw my tummy "pop-up" a few times when my boy kicks before I get outta bed in the morning.. Haven't really started buying yet but will be starting to during the Mother & Baby Fair..

estaefran> ok thanks for the price...heehee...

fefe> my baby room was originally the spare room...so end up we convert to bb room/kiddo room lo....got spare mattress and pillows ...

so far my weight gain is ard 7kg...i was ard 49 before i got preggie. Now is ard 56-57...

sigh...recently really walking like a snail...i see ppl walking and breezing past me, while i am still walking like liang popo...

hahah i always walk very fast during pregnancy..out of habit...but this time round..walk fast i will get stitches or get braxton hicks which reminds me to slow down..haha im an inpatient person..my MIL commented tt day tt i walk soo fast coz we went out for lunch n i was racing ahead of all of them..lol..

esterfan - u drink 2 glass ah? no wonder..yeah maybe shld cut down abit..coz quite high in fat n calories content rite..i drink once a day now n sometimes i even forget...lol

mummync: thanks for the advise! need to see if work allows me to take a break coz already taking the 4mths off so trying to minimise work disruption too.

ling: hey dont worry, i think as long as gynae says baby is happy and u are healthy dont have to worry abt weight gain. I'm at 23wks and only gained 1.5kg but gynae says all is good...in fact my baby is big at 472g at 22wks..

Girl^Girl: i guess just walk at your comfy pace, dont have to care abt others..haha..for me, like mummync, i walk very fast..even before preggy and now during preggy...maybe also coz i'm nt very big yet so i personally dont 'feel' much diff to my mobility (other than cant stand too long on trains).

estaefan: u want to try drinking regular fresh milk instead of forumla milk? i drink Farmhouse low fat milk daily + yoghurt...so far doesnt seem to cause me to put on weight.

mummync, i like to drink leh, coz i've been constantly hungry during this pregnancy, the formula milk eases the hunger. :p like to drink before bed, feel very comfortable. lol..

mabelths, i'm a milk person; i'm also drinking magnolia fresh milk, the new one with omega and DHA on top of high calcium low fat.

i've been walking at same pace i think, just that i'll get breathless when climbing the overhead bridge. also feel that my legs and ankles get tiredz more easily than before.

Good morning all mummies.. Its back to work again and with tons of planning and forecast to do..
sad.gif

Anyway wanna check if all mummies here have any recommendation for twin electric breast pumps or not. Am sourcing for one that is good and so I will be a hardworking moo moo.. :p

estaefran: ^5..i love my milk too, but unfortunately not so much formula milk...i've been eating lots of cheese too...my breakfast daily can be milk + 2 slices of bread with Philedaphia cheese spread + 2 slides of cheddar cheese..hahaaa

i'm still climbing the stairs/escalators and walking normally, no sign of breathlessness for me.

Chevelle: i got the Phillips Avent twin electronic breast pump...having a disc now so u can take a look: http://www.kulily.com/philips-avent-bpa-free-twin-electric-breast-pump/

it's pricy compared to some other brands though

Chevelle.. I am sourcing for breastpump as well. Didn't do much research during my first and only managed to bf for 3 mths cz bb had to fly bk to sg with my mum to await for his visa as both hub n i was working in macau then. Got a breastpump that didn't really performed well so now wanna make sure that i can find one that really work for me.
Saw great reviews on medela and ameda.. still indecisive over Medela PISA and Ameda Lactaline.

I am thinking of getting a breastpump alsobut maybe looking for medela 2nd hand or Avent. Coz i don't want to waste too much money to get a new one since this is my last pregnancy. Another point is i scare i do not have the determination to breastfeed base on my past records. (~_~)

Heard that Metro having 20% sales for bottles. I might be going to get the bottles first if there is really a 20% sales now.

I just got a liquid talc from mothercare ytd since the expiry date is till 2015.

Back