(2013/06) June 2013

Kis:
Haiz today my nose dripping , sneezing plus coughing jialat whole day change don't know how many pants.

Flu/Cough:
May I know what you ladies' Gynae prescribe you when you consult them for flu n cough? Todate yet to ask mine for any as I'm avoiding all medicine for 1st trim at least.

Mummync:
Tts y I said its up to individual's belief lor. Just stick to whatever u believe. To me, no harm for me to believe more for this period . I don't wish to get psycho by any hypocrite who psycho me not to believe but she herself practice when she's preggy. She's one of the online mum here but not this thread.o who to blame? Just myself for believing her. So what I share here is just what I experienced and what I heard n believe & practice
happy.gif

Iron pill:
Chevelle , I nvr heard tt it will lead to mc, did ur gynae say tt?So far when I consult my Gynae she just said tt don't need to take iron pill for 1st trim, even when I told her that my appetite is really bad till only 1 meal or less a day. She just said munch abit as often as possible .

FL:
My ms faded for almost a wk n suddenly back yest, today feel terrible. Naeseous yet can't vomit, hope I'm one of those ms stop after 1st trim.

Good morning mummies.. Another long work week ahead
happy.gif

For 2nd or 3rd time mummies, when did your tummies begin to show? I'm now 9.5 weeks, with no.3 but tummy is still flat and I'm quite worried... Dunno if baby is growing well or not.

I think with my second girl my tummy already popped a little bit by now.. Thought no.3 should show up even earlier

For me also around from 10 weeks ms start to on and off...

Today is such a good day for sleeping in! So lazy... But I'm already gonna take mc for tomorrow Gynae visit so today die die gotta work. :p

wow.. this thread is moving very fast over the weekends.. cannot catch up..

seems that everyone is taking their pills regularly.. i am a bad mummy.. i did not take any pills at all!!! i cannot swallow them and it makes me sick.. and that includes folic acid.. some of u mentioned kiddy multivits.. maybe i can consider, and share with my girl.. =)

yesterday was still ok, though i felt giddy and wobbly legs occasionally.. me and hubby went out shopping and watch ah boys to men.. kept eating when i was outside.. we had soup spoon and the salad was satisfying.. my hubby said it coild be a girl this time round, since i dun really enjoy meat now, but i can stomach vegetables well..

Glad to hear that we all are getting better! I 2mths never go out shop already!! Everyday work liao go home straight to rest.. Zzz

JasmiNe

Same haas i guess all the shopping will start when the gender is revealed.. Haven bought any maternity wears althou i cant button my shorts.. I jus leave it unbutton then wear a longer top lol..

Another thing i wanna ask is any mummies stilltake in caffeine? Like tea n coffee? I seems to need to have a cup of teh every morning..

angel : i am using the belly band now to cover the buckle of my jeans.. dun intend to buy any bottoms.. but i will need more tops and dresses..

i am still taking teh-o and sometimes coke.. i did ask my gynaem, but he said as long as i keep it to 1 cup a day, it should be fine..

Angel Ho
I thought tea is not suppose to drink during the 1st trimester?

Jasmine
My ms start to fade around wk8+ but it came back after a week and now i still keep having it on and off

My angel is back
Yea, me too! Though i'm not that nausea, but when it comes to food, geezz, i'm off totally. I had tomyam as my dinner yesterday, and my appetite was superb. I can even finish up everything (not the soup, hehe) plus some side dish, which has double up my normal consumption. Usually i only can take quarter or the most is half of the bowl.

My Gynea told me caffaine is ok but moderate, if i really want i will slip a few mouth.

i tot MS was ok liao, but just now i had 1 piece of wholemeal bread now i want to puke again. I guess my bb doesnt like bread stuff. I seem to puke all the bread and beehoon i took, guess i had to stop eating all these from now.

I totally cut my morning coffee and teas. Only dare to sip 1 or 2 when my colleagues were drinking. I miss the Starbucks Xmas toffee nut latte!

me.. i have those small little pimples on forehead too.. usually i dun have even before menses.. i met a fren recently n she say my nose like kind of bloated.. sadz

for me its on my chin and below the nose or nose area.

happy gal its normal for preg nose to grow big and bloated we will have congested nose and block nose more often.

Caffeine I try to limit it to 2 times a week.... Either lemon tea or coke. But I try to dilute with some water so not so sweet.

Pimples not really but can feel my face like more oily. Yet can't be bothered to do mask at all. Last time 1 week I do 2 times at least. Now I have done any in 2 months... Just no mood.

My angel is back, yes I agree...better save than sorry..n whatever u r comfortable..don't want to end up thinking what if or if only
happy.gif

Mummy relle, yes can try kiddy ones..I also don't take adult ones coz will feel like puking...for my #1 also..so yes u can try
happy.gif

On leave today coz last min my son childcare change the closure date n I'm alrdy on leave so decided to take nua when he goes to sch...feel so pukish still so cld do w some rest..jus the leave v wasted like tt lol

Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
Feel more secure and cared for
Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
Have greater success with breastfeeding
Have greater self-confidence
Have less postpartum depression
Have lower incidence of abuse
Taken from: http://www.dona.org/mothers/why_use_a_doula.php

Dear mummies,
I am training to be a doula aka professional labour support. As part of my certification, I am required to attend three births. Below are links, which explain what a doula does and how I can help you have a positive birth experience. Do pm me or email me at [email protected] if you have any queries. Looking forward to hear from you.
www.drmomma.org/2011/05/what-doulas-do.html
www.drmomma.org/2011/04/5-doula-myths-debunked.html

Ya jasmine it comes and goes right...

Zoers, me too. Tot 12 week is the miracle week. Maybe still have to wait some more for ms to be gone.

Mummies, I see that a lot of you don't fit into your old pants very well now; mind sharing which week your tummy started to pop?

I'm at 9 wks 3 days but my tummy is still flat and I'm worried it means that the baby isn't growing? With my no.2 I grew out of my pants and bottoms quite early even though I was losing weight from ms

Jasmine/ windy/angel:
Mine too peak at wk9-10, then wk10-11 faded but started yest back in evening only .

Tea:
Angel, try avoid tea leh. I avoid this round though my Gynae said can with 1 cup a day.My last round mc I just take 1 cup a day , again not sure if it's coz tt baby is weak( scientifically) or due to the caffeine fr the Teh though I totally cut off Kopi . Better to avoid as u don't know how much caffeine in the cup u taking as its very subjective.

Fried 豆干:
Anyone know if we can take this ? Coz beancurb can't as have the solidification chemical but how abt 豆干,does it has tt solidification chemical too ?

Mutton:
I been eating this once a fortnight , today my colleague told me to avoid cox if not there's risk tt baby might have fit. I kinda rem heard b4 when had #1, any of u heard b4?

FL:
Haha better take more while can, yest I totally starving. Just can't stomach anything end up at night Hb cook Maggie mee for me tts my only meal. Now I'm taking economic rice fr our Wkplc popular Muslim stall all the spicy foods hehe.

Zoers:
Could I have the name of your flu n cough medicines ?See if same as those I have onhand. I'm like prone to flu almost everyday partly coz I have sensitive nose

Absent mama:
Mine shown very early ard wk 6, by wk 8 I can't wear normal pants aldy. But again some mummies tummy just show late, if Gynae said ur bb grows well shd be fine
happy.gif

My angel is back, last visit to gynae dr said baby growing a bit slowly... So now after seeing everyone already upgraded to belly band I'm getting scared.. But hopefully baby is still ok as I still have ms.

My angel is back

I heard of e fit if u take mutton when u r preg..for mi,I dun eat mutton so I dun bother..

I can still fit into my pant cos lost weight till to ms.. Elastic pant will b uncomfy..

I started to feel bubbles feelin..I think 2-3 weeks might feel e kick..

Finally I can feel hunger now..

Pimples

I dun have any for both pregnancies..I suffer fr white spot on back for both..

Ms

My #1 I puke till 5th Mth..I think #2 should b abt e same..

Caffeine

I m not a hardcore fan of tea..I dun drink coffee..lately just love to sip on pepsi.. Chocolate used to b my fav..now no no..

Comfort food

bb love Yong tau foo..e only food Tt I dun puke..

absentmama
Currently having 3. My tummy already showing at around at 5 or 6 wks. Now already like 5 mths pregnant.

Angel
Same as mummy relle. I use belly band also. Have no intention to get any clothes. Might only buy 1 dress for CNY.

Mummy relle, I used to eat this gummy one...bear pic on the front n blue box...now I'm taking one tt can b dissolved in water...

Argh whole day feel so sick..especially worse at night...but yes I look like 5 mths preggers also..lol maybe coz before this got tummy alrdy...can't button my shorts n jeans so use belly band also

absentmama : mine is showing already and cannot hide.. dun think so much and scare yourself.. baby is growing, maybe a lil slow, but they will catch up soon..

mummync : me too.. always feel crappy at night.. but morning and noon still fine.. when the clock hits 4PM... i fear...

Aiyo everyone showing liao now I'm even more scared... It also doesn't make sense to me that for this bb no.3 I still have a flat tummy at close to 10wk.. Really praying that bb is ok as I miscarried before at 9 wks plus..

I have ms but still eating more than I ever did so the flat tummy isn't because I didn't eat enough. Cannot stop worrying now..

hi everyone!
happy.gif

sorry I was MIA for awhile cos reading the threads on my iPhone abt 2 weeks ago gave me very bad giddiness and nausea though I didn't puke.

the thread is moving sooo fast that I'm having a hard time catching up but just wanted to update you ladies that I finally stopped spotting 2 weeks ago and I'm so thankful~

also my ms seemed to have eased a lot and I've been feeling more normal than when I was preggy and now I'm a lil worried if my baby is growing well anot. my next check-up is 1 Dec - it's a bit far right? do u ladies think I shld go in KKH for a scan to make sure things are ok??

oh also, my gynae only gave me folic acid apart from the hormone jabs and oral pills. and yes, I've been drinking bubble tea quite often; the yakult green tea from koi heh cos it's really yummy! ;p

absentmama: maybe your baby is shy.. doesnt want to show out so early.. dun worry so much.. i know its kind of hard not to think..

I always she my hands to feel my tummy, i can feel like movement or heartbeat.. ..dunno what exactly but like i know there is something.. then i feel relieve. Ytd i feel hor.. cannot feel much leh.. i also worried.. but i try not to think too much.. feel like borrow those doctor equipment to listen if there is heartbeat anot.. hahaha!

absentmama : everything will be ok.. tummy showing is accurate to measure if bb is growing.. in fact show too early, when give birth will have problems shrinking back to normal.. cheer up!! everything will be fine!! =)

Absentmama:
When is ur next appt? Y not u call ur Gynae n sound ur concern n see if can bring forward your next appt if not u keep worrying be very straining.

Kis:
Aiyo I better ban mutton fr now on. Fortunately the stall auntie told me mutton very ex thus not selling for a period now selling beef rendang only

Mrslim - good that your spotting has stopped!
happy.gif

Windy - hee you so cute say that baby is just shy.. Yah it's a more positive way to think, will hold to that thought!

Mummy relle - yah my first I didn't look pregnant until almost 7 mths that time my tummy shrank straight after birth. But then that time my bb was quite tiny for a 40 weeks full term gal.. Hopefully this baby is just on the small side

My angel is back - my next appt is this coming sat so not too far away.. Just that I suddenly got more and more worried cos hardly any physical changes.. Boobs also didn't grow leh

Absentmama
Yes, do not think too much.

Mrslim
I love lemon yakult n plum green tea from koi. Whenever I passby, I sure get 1 cup.

absentmama
ya, probably what Windy mention is true, the baby is still shy to show up.. well my tummy also flat but i think as long as my baby grows well, one day tummy will show out (although i was so eager to have little tummy right now ).. :D

My angel is back

Stop eating..eat other stuff instead..

Absentmama,

My boob is getting bigger..can feel bra getting tighter..

My tummy show at week 12 for #1.. Now abt week 8 is already appearing.. Agree tt tummy smaller is easily to go back in shape..

This wed doing Oscar..hope to b a fast one..

Absent mama, if you really worried can bring forward your appt... Worry is not good for BB too.

Windy, can feel anything? I dunno how to feel ley. Haha...

Shan991, I know my bb is at the right side lower tummy cos my gynae scan that position n see my bb. So I like to hold my breath n put my hand there when I laying down on bed. Feel like there is water or heartbeat. I dunno if I am imgining but I try left side dun have.

Maybe u can try see if u feel it or am I imaging. Hehe! But these days cannot feel liao maybe skin grow thicker.

Back