(2013/06) June 2013

For my case if different.... I have soft stools. Sometime will be a bit like diarrhea. Guess everyone react differently to frolic acid.
Even thou poo everyday still feel bloated. I tink the bloated feeling just sticks to us.

Last night flip and flip and flip again. Sign, I want to have deep sleep is so difficult.

They will scan as usual n look out for the nasal bone then measure the fluid behind the neck.. Then take blood test to calculate the risk percentage.. If u have a family history or both u n ur hub are above 35 then the risk is higher.. If not usually low risk but many things can happen.. Unless u are very determine tat no matter wat results u still gonna keep the baby then u can skip.. Other wise for me i took althou i'm below 25 to "buy relief"

Sharon, at 1st I intend to skip the Oscar Test but when I ask around even fren who gave birth around 25 also did the test soI guess I am going for it. Hubby let me decide on this...

Sharon, at first I do not want to test but hubby wants to know for sure. So that anything we can be prepared. So we are going to take the Oscar test.

Sharon, I had my first 2 kids at 27 and 29. Each time I took the Oscar test my results usually worse than the average for my age group. esp 2nd pregnancy the ratio was like 1:600. In the end when my girl was 3 mths old she was diagnosed with a genetic condition, although it wasn't picked up during the oscars. But I think upon looking back the numbers really do give you a good idea of the baby's general health. And no matter what the ratio is when it happens to you then it's a 100% chance...

Constipation

I lost count number of days too.if I dun vomit,will poo..

Oscar test

I did mine at 28..I wanna play safe.. Now will do again..

Sharon:
We opted for Oscar coz if ever any negative result we will have to make diff decision.
I have a frd whose 23 when she was preg, then her Oscar result was not very gd & advise to go for further test but she n her Hb want to let nature takes its course. By 29-30wks, Gynae scan a bubble in the baby and Gynae advises her definitely something is wrong ask her go for further tests then she went for it. & true enough the bb's heart has a hole & brain/ heart short of a artery even carry till fullterm the bb can't survive thru days thus she aborted that bb then. So doesn't means young is risk less just lower risk. This yr june she gave birth to a lovely healthy boy
happy.gif
But if u r sure no matter what, whether ur bb is normal or otherwise , u intend to carry till full term n take care of him/her no matter what then no pt gog for Oscar. Just my personal view.

Absentmama :
What genetic condition ur ger suffer fr? U mean after birth when she's 3 mths then diagnose?

My angel is back; yah my ger has neurofibromatosis which affects about 1 in every 5000 babies... and only diagnosed 3 mths after birth. It's a spontaneous genetic mutation cos both hubby and I do not have family history of genetic problems. So age and good health also doesn't mean anything much. Guess a lot of it is down to luck and percentages / probability.

HI all!! Jus finished my appt...baby growing well...9w1d abt 2.4cm.I tink...n 165bpm...so that's a relief to me coz last round hb like so slow...Edd is 22 jun now but coz csect..Dr say I can choose anytime after 7 jun
happy.gif
so after my birthday...

Today I turn 12 weeks.. Ms symptoms seems to be gone. When I ate breakfast also better appetite can eat more. I hope it's end of my ms! Pray hard!

So fast 10weeks.... I still at 8w5d.... Time seem so slow.... Ms seems to fade off... Dunno is it becos I have flu so keep sleeping can't feel ms...... Nxt Thursday then can see my bb
happy.gif

Absent mama:
Oh my god, it must be tough on you. Gene mutation no one can foresee that's the worst. I read b4 even environmental exposure like sunshine can cause gene mutation coz of the Uv.

Mummymc:
Congrat!
happy.gif
I'm targetting 3rd June ( my Hb birthday hehe ) though edd 6 June.

Shan/FL/windy/fool4hope:
Wahh gd to hear tt. I'm into my 11wk whole wk ms subsided but back yesterday but still manageable . Hope all our ms gone by end 1st trim . But some say 1st trim is till wk14 leh.

Angel,

Up to individual..for mi I dun visit hospital n funeral..will go for baby shower,bb birthday n wedding

I m 2 days to week 12.. I consider week 13 onwards as tri 2..Suddenly feel hungry..normally no appetite to eat..

I hope to deliver in mid or end may..so Tt I dun need to go thru confinement on my bday..end Jun..

Mayb too busy with my #1.. appt date seems to b like one blink..so fast reach le..my frez told mi #2 pregnancy v fast will b over

My angel is back
I'm in week 10 now. Cant wait to pass the 1st trimester and little tummy can be seen :D

I did asked gynae about the trimester and she told me the exact 1st trimester end at wk12 but usually will still monitor until wk14. After wk14, the risk chances are minimal.

Shan: gd for u... I m 9 weeks plus only. Pray results for Oscar in 2 weeks time to be good. Hopefully ms will be gone n appetite will be better.

Poo: yup I also find more difficult to poo... Maybe I drink less water these days. I try to eat more fruits to help. Think best is poo daily. But sometimes I only poo once in 2 days.

My last 2 pregnancy, gynea never asked me to for Oscar scan at all. This time round, maybe he think that I am 33 already and there might be risk so did tell me to do Oscar scan.

KIS I still find time pass very slowly.. Can't wait to go for next scan.

Xp I'm doing my Oscar in 2 days time. Praying for good results too.

My Gynae consider week 13 onwards trimester 2. I guess to play safe some ppl announce to others their pregnancy on week 14.

Kis: same.. I try not to go funeral n hospital visit.I continue to go bb first month, weddings n birthdays. My nephew is 2 months old. My mum ask mi not to touch him so I juz listen to watever she tells mi.

Angel:
U cannot carry the bb, not gd for that bb not u. Coz we r like having 4 eyes now

FL:
Haiz my ms back again, today feel terrible keep wanting to vomit

My cousin bb full month 2 weeks back but i didnt attend, my mum ask me to pass 1st tri then can attend all these.. well i got no choice but to listen.. just want everything good for my bb.

for #2 or more mummies seem like time pass fast for u all.. i keep counting how many days to pass 1st tri. its look like a longgggerrr wait lo. haha!

My angel is back
Yea.. My ms also coming back.. No appetite to eat proper food and keep having the vomit feeling. My choices are too limited. Only spicy food is able go down to stomach, the rest.. Haiz..

Windy
Yea my cousin had full moon in early nov, I was not able to attend as well. I guess after first trimester should be ok..
Well our due are about the same :D I just can't wait to see my baby in next 2wks! Hehe..

Zoers, csect coz my #1 was emergency csect so #2 will stick w csect..

During my son's 1 mth party I had 2 preggers fren..my CL say ask them to carry..gd for baby...I dunno y...but they were not first tri la...

For me I dunno I'm preggy yet so I actually visit my Fren on 1 oct then I carry the newborn too..
After I know I'm preggy, I avoid all weddings..bb shower..attend a 1st birthday party but I din really go near or touch the boy..
Nw 10w4d.. Ms seems subsided hope it continue.. Sleep also start to b better.. Ya kind of constipated too but manage to clear it after yakult.

Nauseousness:
Whenever u ladies wan to vomit but can't vomit out, does ur pee leak? Recently mine does leh
sad.gif

Windy:
No la mine #2 I been counting counting also always waiting n looking forward for next appt hehe

FL:
Sama! I can only take Spicy food too plus plain rice. but I scare take too much not gd for bb though I nvr heard tt not gd for bb just heard tt too much spicy food bb came out will have rashes but heard 1 pax say b4 only.

Mummync:
Errr weird or ur cl mixed up? Alot aunties tell me cannot leh and even those aunties downstair when they see me she will ask as my Tum Tum quite obvious le. They don't mind talking to me but not for me to touch their grandchildren coz they also believe in tt.

Angel:
As long as tt mum don't believe n don't mind it's ok. So far when preggy women touch my boy( excluding myself la ) he always sick afterwhich, not sure coincident or what but my boy seldom sick de but whenever it happened he's sick the following day. Now his cc has a preggy admin, I also ask his Cher not to let my boy get closed to her coz I can't afford him to be sick coz both me n Hb working n can't take leave as its term time.

Happygal:
Don't know it's not ur fault ma .

Vitagen/ yakult:
Windy/ happy gal, me too but I drink yakult but once in 2-3 days so far daily poo or maybe coz i eats fruit daily .

Actually I start to take folic acid since aug n the effect on me I realize was it helps to clear my bowel .. So I doubt that folic acid actually cause constipation..

My angel is back

I experience urine leakage few days back..I think it's common for #2 mummies..I heard if sneeze or cough hard, will experience that too..

I can't really take chilli.. Felt shiok eating after Tt puke n tummy pain..

I do drink yakult every day..now I stop..does not really help much for my case..also tryin to refrain myself fr drinking cold water..

I can't eat rice too... Will puke out... Now ms is on and off.. But sure puke every meal..but qty seems lesser...

Difficult not to drink cold water... I super like to drink cold drinks now. I also heard not so good for BB... But just very hard to stop.

Yup, nowadays I try to stock chocolate milk n different kinds of fruits (oranges, honeydew, guava, grapes, strawberries, apples...) coz I dun take calcium n prenatal vits coz scare my ms worse.Try to balance my diet. So far I only take folic acid. Are u ladies taking prenatal vits n calcium diligently le?

Hi all, hope all ms ends soon! I realise most of you are in week 10 or after already whereas I'm yet to hit a full week 9... sigh... somehow i feel that time is so slow to pass in first trim. Not intending to announce to frens but many colleagues suspected and asked me so i just admitted to them. It's hard to hide from colleagues because they spend so much time with you and they can observe, esp those aunties.

xp, I'm taking blackmores, been taking since about week 5. I find that supplement wise it is very complete, even including dha which a lot of prenatals don't include. So far doesn't cause any additional problems for me, my tummy is normally very sensitive and cannot take too high amount of iron supplements.

gd am all mummies.
happy.gif

hmmn..me hav been taking pre natal vits n calcium pills prescribed by gynae daily. but soon i realise it cause me gastric discomfort n pain. so starting yest..i try to stop n see if the prob goes away. got to monitor a few days n see. meanwhile..m still taking folic acid daily,

I realized my discharge is yellow n sometimes abit green... .. scared infection...I suspected I din drink enough water coz previously really cant stomach water coz of ms...I guess I got to force myself drink more water for the sake of my bb.

Morning...

Guess I'm the lucky one. I have nausea feeling but didn't vomit anything. Just that pooing is a problem for me. I think I have not poo fOr 1 week .
Have been taking the Multi vit and folic acid daily, somedays forget to eat.

Hello all mummies,

I also don't have any ms except for on and off sore boobs. Sometimes Which can be quite worrying too.. so looking forward to the next appt to see doc.
I am only taking folic acid only, heard from a friend that iron pills will cause miscarriage. So don't dare to take unless prescribe by doc.

My angel is back, hmm dunno if she mix up le...but ermm my boy ok I suppose..lol apart from his colic etc which I don't tink shld blame in on this kinda pantang thing lol if not got a lot of things to blame..hehe..

My Gynae say now 9 wks..ms peak v normal..he gave me prescription to buy a med to take if really cannot tahan but it's like damn ex..so I'm gonna tahan first n see how...I can't take anymore of my multivitamin coz they r too big n I will gag m the taste n smell makes me sick..so my last pregnancy I took kiddy gummy multivitamin...my Gynae told me to take as alternative coz better than nothing ...I cldnt find the same one at tmc coz sold out so I bought one of those dissolvable kind n now drink it at night,,orange flav,...

FL

My ms faded but gtting more n more lethargic n exhausted.. Like i cant even take care of my son for the whole day which i used to.. Onli like 2 hrs i need a nap.. And at work my energy can suddenly drain off.. Eyes cant open kind

My ms faded but today can back again. Feel super bloated and no appetite. Even no when no ms symptoms also tired. I guess tiredness not so easy to go away in 1st trimesters...

me too. nwadays cant eat too full or slightly bigger portion than usual will feel very bloated then will puke.. i jus puke n worse sudden dunno y got stucked half way ( like choked)n my whole face was so red.. n such bad timing, i was alone at hm.. n after awhile puke n feel better le..so terrible experience so far..

Then i stil feel cold easily.. dunno y..

Back