(2013/05) May 2013

Please feedback on the following Post-natal massage:-
1) Mdm Aida
2) Mdm Mas
3) Mdm Layla
4)babies bellies.com.sg
5) jamumassage.com (Traditional & Holistic)
6) bodyworkclinic.com.sg

Sky blue
I engaged a malay lady for massage. Just had mine a month ago. She uses charcoal to create sauna effect to perch out the water in me, follow by massage n lastly jamu. $60 per session. Recommend 10 session. No hard sell. Jamilah 90090494

Hi mummies,

My daughter has outgrown Huggies Small size diapers. If anyone of you need more Huggies Small for your babies, please pm me. 44 pcs per pack letting go 2 packs at $23.50. I also have one pack of Huggies NB to let go at $5.

Hi mummies,
I've 5 packs of Huggies NB 24pcs to let go at $5 each as my boy had outgrown to small size now, am willing to let go at cheaper amount if mummy buying 5 packs at one go. Interested mummies can contact me via 98191546.

Thanks.

Hi mummies... Sorry I have not been checking in... Have been so busy with the little one. Tiring but extremely rewarding... I can't bear to leave my baby boy after ML ends already! I hope everyone is doing well...

Min: congratulations... I m very glad to hear that it s getting better for you. Must persevere n don't give up. I faced the same problem as you from my mum n CL abt giving bm but I ignored them. Till today my mum is still asking if baby is putting on weight... :S just ignore them. If you face any problems still, can go see a lactation consultant. I just went to see one as my baby refused to feed for a few days crying hysterically all the time n I find that the session really helped. If not, at least it gives me more confidence again.

I gave my boy a bottle a day for a few days too in preparation of going back to work but I think it caused him to reject my breast...
sad.gif
so I stopped n now i give him the breast only. The lactation consultant advised me to give the bottle a bit later if it affects my boy...

By the way Min, stress will cause yr milk supply to go down too so try to relax n rest more.

N for all of your info, the lactation consultant told me that some mummies tend to experience a decrease in milk supply around 5th week but will go back up. ( I had a decrease during week 5 n was asking for advise).

Azel: my gynae removed the waterproof dressing after 3 weeks. After that he gave me a cream to help the wound/scar recover better...

I love babies: sorry can't really recommend cos I don't know which pd is good too.... But I m seeing YY Yip at Gleneagles. He is recommended by my gynae.

beaniee: the pd told us to gave my babies lots of milk (BM or FM) so that it will flush the jaundice out..

A quick question, will jaundice return after it drop?

Dreambig: I'm aso bz wf my twin.. Love them a lot but they have totally drained my energy! Haha..

I aso faced similar prob, I asked my CL to feed the bb FM at night with milk bottles. After 3 days, my bb boy refuse to latch. I aso called the lactation consultant for advice.. I latched him fully the next 2 days n he is back on track.. Now I'm using Medela calma teat to feed him FM at night, he is ok wf latching n bottle feeding.. Hmmm why is there a decrease in milk in week 5.. Strange.

My gynae didn't give me any cream to apply..
sad.gif
Are you still applying it till now?

Ru: I aso dun air-dry or put the sterilized bottles in fridge. I just used them after sterilized..

Hi dreambig, thanks for yr info.

It's been a hard time For me after full month. Baby has stuffy nose at night n cant sleep. I slept less than one hour every night for the past two weeks. he is now also on milk strike..extremely exshausted.

I love babies
Ur bb on milk strike? He drink less or reject milk? My elder gal also like that last time,she prefer water and we got to trick her into drinking milk. However PD said baby shouldn't drink water but milk only

Mummies
Any baby got that reddish rashes on the face?mine start to have. I saw online that BM can be use to treat it. Anyone tried before?

Fatfat, he drinks less n totally reject bottlefeeding(bm n fm). He doesnt want water as well. Now i have no Choice but latch him on all the time.

For rashes, i use sebamed facial protection Cream.

Letting go Avent breast shells (BNIB) - $10

* Used once NUK wide neck bottle (150ml) - $5

* Lightly used Avent digital warmer (Used less than a month) - $ 30

* BNIB Pigeon Compact sterilizer - $30 (Warranty available)

* Lamaz activity mat (Lightly used) - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new GNC Fenugreek - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new Goldminds DHA - $30

* BNIB 1 box of Avent Breast pads - $10

* Pink color rocket (the one with tinny holes) - $10 . Condition: 9.5/10 cos hardly use

Email me at [email protected]
contact nos: 9115 7111

* Willing to exchange for NTUC vouchers or other shopping vouchers

Fatfat, he drinks less n totally reject bottlefeeding(bm n fm). He doesnt want water as well. Now i have no Choice but latch him on all the time.

For rashes, i use sebamed facial protection Cream.

Hi mummies, hope all is well with everyone. Been a tough month! Bb got reflux n colic. Doesn't sleep the whole night!

Dreambig: can I find out which lactation consultant did u see? My milk supply went down on the 5th week too! I was worried. bb didn't gain any weight for that week n pd is a little concerned. Is it normal that milk supply drop on 5th week?

littlebabysmurf: it is v challenging! I didn't get to sleep much, coax one baby n the other start to cry.. How did you know ur bb hav colic? I suspect they hav aso.. Is there any medicine?

I love babies: oh no total latching is really tiring, esp at night
sad.gif
no wonder u only Zzzz one hr per day. Did u try to re-train bottle feed to ur bb? How about changing different milk bottle?

littlebabysmurf, ya..i also would like to know how to know if yr bb hav colic? Any good PD to recommend?

Azel: Exactly..i am trying to re-train bottle feeding but PD suggested changing formula due to possible allergy problem...sigh..

Little baby smurf : that's what the lactation consultant told me n she said they don't have an answer why but it seems it happens to a lot of mummies... Her name is guat choo at Gleneagles. Are u planning to see someone too?

I love babies: what do u mean allergy problem? U mean allergic to breast milk? That's very strange cos I thought breast feeding helps to reduce allergy?

Azel: yes I m still using the cream. Gynae said to keep using. I m seeing him again this weekend so don't know if he will ask me to continue again. It's something to help reduce scarring I think...

I love babies: how come only sleep 1 hr per day? Is it due to stuffy nose? Cannot continue like that.... Do u nap when he naps during the day? Try to do that to get some rest. Lack of rest will affect milk supply too.

For the stuffy nose, do u sleep in air-con room? If yes, can try to place a humidifier next to baby. It helps to keep the air less dry. I also use some eucalyptus essence as it helps.

Dreambig, i meant changing formula that my baby is partly on (He is on enfalac A+ as supplement as I don't have enough supply due to lack of sleep.)

Yes, bcoz of his stuffy nose, he has difficulty breathing and sleeping well. I have to help him clear his nasal passage frequently. The thing is he doesn't sleep much, 1-1.5 hrs the most everytime and so i also suffer.

PD suspects that he has sensitive nose and so advise to change enfalac to Enfa HA or other HA formula. Of coz, BM is the best. I m trying hard to promote my supply now..

Humidifier: I turned off air-con as heard that it's not good for him. I did ask PD about humidifier but he said it's not critical
sad.gif
What kind of humidifier you are using? cool steam or hot steam one?

Praying hard my baby will recover soon...

Ilovebabies : I see... I have no idea abt formulas as have not started on that yet. Poor thing.. I hope things get better for you soon.. I know it's very stressful n frustrating.. Hang in there...

I m using Osim u-mist baby. it's just a small one n it doesn't cost much. It's a cool steam one.

Do u think it could be food sensitivity? Some babies are sensitive to the food mummies take n the common one is dairy products. I read that if you stop taking dairies you will need abt 3 weeks to see the effects as milk protein takes a longer time to exit our body.

Take care n I hope your baby will get better soon...

Ilovebabies.. You want to try dr catherine lam - lam baby and clinic at gleneagles. She is an experience PD as already being a granny herself.

Mummies any one here feed baby BM and also give FM?
Hubby ask me to give my baby FM so that it could last him else baby keep waking up two and half hours at night after feeding him BM. I am quite reluctant to do so but at the same time can let me have a good rest if baby take FM..in dilemma.

Dear mummies,

I have 3 packs of Brand New Merries diapers (M size, taped) just bought a month ago.

I overstocked so am looking to sell these 3 packs. Selling at $20 per pack (retailing $26.95, 64 pcs). Buy all 3 packs at $57. Please PM me if interested. Self collect at Tampines, Bedok, Tanjong Pagar or Suntec (or can arrange to meet if near these areas).

Cheers!

Dear Mummies,

Sorry to interupt this chat, letting go of almost brand new Avent Single pump (2 yrs warranty, bought on 28 March 2013).

Pls whatsapp me at 96392198.

8500254.jpg

8500255.jpg

Dear Mummies,

Sorry to interupt this chat, letting go of almost brand new Avent Single pump (2 yrs warranty, bought on 28 March 2013).

Pls whatsapp me at 96392198.

Thks mummies for your feedback on sterilise bottles. So generally after sterilise the bottle fr the steriliser, we just keep inside and use all then sterilise the next batch!

2 more days to go ...excited

Tiny123: my boys r taking bm n fm. For them, it doesn't seem like fm last them longer at night, at times they wake up every 2 hr to feed. But no harm trying for your case, u need some good rest too. If it helps, y not.

Azel: my elder boy had colic when he was 2 mths plus. He kept crying non-stop at the same time every night for a couple of hours. Pd prescribe ridwind for my boy to take at every feed. It gradually went away when my boy was 3 mths old.

I am also seeing Dr YY Yip at Gleneagles, one of my twin also has reflux and colic, and I am starting ridwind and probiotics today. Hopefully it works!

Breast feeding for me is tough... supply is still very low. I think I might have enough for 1 baby but definitely not for 2. So I am expressing and splitting the BM for 2. So tempted to give up and go FM feeding. I think that will save so much time! Encourage me to go on pumping!!!

Well, they say bm is gold. Even giving abit is better than none. Just think positive. They are getting free antibodies,etc.

Pinkberries: I still trying to hold on to give BM... I have just increased My baby intake of BM to 130ml and last him approx 3hours before the next feed during the night. Maybe my elder boy i have managed to give him BM totally for 6 months last time that is why for this newborn i want to follow suit but well hmm now getting older may not have the stamina...but I'm kind of not giving up yet :p

Leen: you have twins? Do you let them latch? Maybe that will help on the milk supply. Is tough on breastfeeding but think we mummies here are trying our very best for our babies. Well go on breastfeeding for as long as you can but don't overstress yourself too even if you can't..just try your best.

Hi All,

I would like to recommend this Chinese lady who does post natal massage. She is very friendly and has good massage skills. I had engaged her for my 1st pregnancy and will be engaging her back for my 2nd pregnancy. Her name is Hui Ling , Hp 96944564

Hi Mommies,

has anyone tried the post natal massager Intan? How much is her service?

any recommendable confinement lady available in late Oct?

thanks

Yup i am have twins! I didnt let them latch because younger one is not very interested and older one is always hungry. So if i always latch on the older one... I will have little time for younger and can't get her the BM.
sad.gif

Azel, ilovebabies: I went to see pd n she was diagnosed reflux n colic. I m giving her ridwind, lodec n probiotics. Seems to help. But just 2 days ago, her milk intake seems to increase to 130-140ml n I have insufficient bm.
sad.gif

Mummies how much is ur milk supply at 6 weeks? Anyone have alot more milk on one side? Mine can be like 80ml for one side n the other is 30-40! So lopsided.. sigh

Leen that time I deliver there is this lady my neighbour in the ward.. She had twins and seem like each baby latch on each side of her breast. So u express in this case?

Little baby smurf: maybe u let your baby latch on the side that has low supply to stimulate? My massage lady massage my breast and clear block duct last time and help to increase milk supply somehow

Dreambig - I am ok with YY Yip. I trust him lor... He is the only PD I know. Also recommended by my gynae. But I am considering to continue vaccinations in polyclinic to save $$

Hi Mommies & mommies-to-be,

I have the following items for sale:

1. Brand new in box - Classic bottles starter kit for sale @ S$40.

2. Brand new in box - Avent Teat travel pack (2 pcs) @ $10.

3. Brand new in box - Three Natural bottles (260ml/9oz) in box @ S$38

4. Brand new in box - 3m+ teats (for Classic bottle) @ $7

5. Avent Warmer bag with ice pack @ $10

The above are all brand new and will throw in some 0m+ & 1m teats for free.

6. Lightly used Belly belt combo kit, in excellent condition with box selling at $25

7. Kotex adhesive maternity pads @$5 per pack, take all three packs @ $12

8. BRAND NEW Bumwear prefolds (washed but not used):

5 premium (14" x 21") white prefolds and 5 infant (12" x 16") unbleached prefolds. I will add in 2 snappies (retail cost $6.90) together @ a bundle price of $35

Self collect at Bedok or Tanah Merah MRT station OR buyer can pay for postage which will be advise once deal is confirm.
Please email me @ [email protected] to deal.

Dreambig,I have bought u-mist baby and hope it works for my boy.

I m not sure about food sensitivity but i don't take much diary products, the milk i m having is organic plant-based milk.

Many experienced mummies told me that it's common for baby to get blocked nose and there is no medicine (too young), so we can only wait he grows to 3-6 months old, then the discomfort of stuffy nose will be gone. Sigh
sad.gif

Ilovebabies : hope it works for you n baby!
happy.gif
update me.
Oh ok, I take lots of dairies actually.... Cheese, ice cream, yogurt.... Even biscuits are considered to contain dairies...

Ok, I guess have to just wait it out... My boy does not have blocked nose but he seems to have plemgh in his throat... I m also waiting it out till he is more stable n less insecure... (he needs me or hubby around all the time n wails if doesn't see us...
sad.gif
)

Leen: ya he seems alright but quite quiet for a doctor... :p
I heard that vaccinations done at polyclinic tends to give babies fever... I know it sounds quite crazy but that's what I heard.....

Little baby smurf: my milk supply is around 100ml each side plus or minus.... I pump one bag for keeping but it seems now my supply is less than demand....
sad.gif
previously had oversupply but now either demand has increased or supply went down....

I have a friend with a case like you but apparently she told me is due to incorrect breast shield size. Maybe you can check that...

ilovebabies: you're welcome
happy.gif
for your baby block nose not sure is till what extend, i brought my bb to the PD today and told her my bb has mucus in his nose and kind of block as he drink milk can hear the sound, she prescribe a saline and ask me to drip on his nostril.. which can soften his dried mucus.

Back