(2013/05) May 2013

my gynae just ask me got move alot anot...no ask me to monitor. Maybe still early bah.

i think i going to miss all these when he pop.

no coconut yet, i worry too sweet. So i probably taking it 1-2 weeks before i deliver. Once a week enough already right for it to 'work'?

morning ladies! So fast its Wednesday...tmr gg to see my gynae in the PM and soon it will be Friday! hahah
happy.gif

Baby Movements
- I also nv keep track although sometimes I wonder why bb today so quiet. But I heard its normal coz sometimes we may be busy doing other stuff etc and not notice bb moving so we thought bb nv move but actually he/she did! So long as you feel bb's movements can liaos. I read that the bb is starting to sleep like a newborn now..so many hrs of rest for the lil fella inside.
happy.gif

For mommies who went to the Babyfair in Feb, can you recall this stall that does baby's hands & feet in 3D cast? Its where they do a mould of your bb's hands and feet and frame it up for you. I cant rem the stall name and cant find much of such retailers in SG online...I only know 1 that does 2D casting which I feel is not as cute and memorable. If cant find, I may just order the DIY kit online and try at home.

Min: yah. maybe becos it's baby girl more gentle? haha. mine is a boy - a very muay thai boy. Kick and punch until my whole tummy can tremble! hubby always said:"AIYO!!! Kick so hard!?" Then smack my tummy and talk to him. yah. after posting, my baby started to hiccups. lasted more than 10mins. lower tummy there so itchy. muahahahaha!

jill: haven't eh. probably starting this weekend at week 33.

sleepyskies: they begin to sleep like newborn now?! My boy like don't sleep now eh!! he non-stop moving (-__-!) I planned to try the DIY kit too. where you ordering ah babe...

worried79: lol...got yr answer.

Yes, u definitely need fruits during yr confinement month.
u can take apples, small papaya. non chilled.

baby movement.
My gynae advise on mointoring bb movement is you must be relaxing (not busy doing stuff) maybe resting on bed, make sure that bb move at least 10 times within 1 hr. and also must make sure that the movement today is not 50% lesser than yesterday.
Hope this helps. :p

what the gynae ask mi to do for my no 1 is, he ask mi to count the no of kicks from maybe like 9-1, then jot down then 2-6, jot down. Then tomoro, at the same time, the baby movement cannot be less than 50% of yesterday.

Mine only told me to check for 10 movements from 8am-6pm.

Can advise on what not to eat during confinement, if intending to breastfeed baby?

bewildered,
I am not a fan of watermelon lor... recently the the weather is so hot that I eat watermelon almost every week! I just had it for lunch.

Fetal Movement: i was ask to count fetal movement from 9 am to 9 pm, abt 10 .

Coconut juice: intend to start after 37 weeks. Scared too liang now.

sleepyskies,
my bb is super active during nighttime. looks like I am expecting sleepless nights!
If you in the end cannot find any info on hand and feet moulding, I think when u deliver that time in hospital, I guess you will be given a goodie bag from the hospital might contain lots of brochures inside. The brochures might have it. And sometimes there will be vendors going around the wards to give phamplets might got chance to encounter them.

2Ks,

Thanks! Coz during my last confinement, some say cannot even take fruits, so I was rather confused. Small papaya is ripe or not ripe one? How abt bananas and grapes? These are some fruits that I normally take.

small papaya that is ripe one. small orange colour.
grapes - confirmed cannot. u want yr bb to have phlegm?
banana can...but those small type. not delmonte also

2Ks,
Opps, i think the last time i took grapes. So its better not to take too much grapes now too? for now, my mum also say can only take the small banana. need to let my hb know what fruits to buy during that month. so apple and papaya safest. fruits like strawberries, honeydew etc should be ok hor? sorry for being so "lor so"

worried79: do u know strawberries is one of the highest risk fruits as in allergy.
do not take that..
honeydew i am not sure.
i only took apples and papaya.

Those mentioned fruits that cannot be eaten, only during confinement month or as long as you are breastfeeding?

Strawberries I took quite a bit last week...
I love fruits... if cannot eat during breastfeeding very sad...

chiro: no la..only confinement for other fruits.
but i do not advice u to take strawberries...cos they are consider high allergy fruits. and grapes cos grapes causes phlegm.

but then to me...everything in moderation is fine...
like i dont believe 5 pcs of grapes can be harmful?
just like 3 pcs of salmon??

hippo16: please post more here before we let u in the group. this is to minimise silent readers and spammers. thank u.

My colleague told me cook those green unripe papaya and don't know what fish during confinement and drink the soup. said very good for producing milk milk. True a not uh? She did that la. She BF until her girl is 3yrs old leh!!

xuan: that one is for soup. green papaya cannot eat like that....unless marinated, is very crunchy
green papaya with ngor hee fish bones and ginger...

Regarding bb's kicks, my gynae also ask me to monitor..she says have at least 10 kicks a day is normal. Problem is my bb doesn't kick alot, he twists and squirms more.
happy.gif

I can always feel his bum bum protruding out...

xuan, ya papaya milk is good for producing milk. my cl nvm cook for me cause she say my supply a lot. after bfing for 1 yr plus when my supply drop, i cook it myself once. Yummy ... (ps: i any how cook lah. according to the auntie who sell the papaya, she teach me how) can ask your CL to cook for you.
but bear in mind the papaya is diff from the papaya we bought at the fruit stall. go market ask ard. not everywhere sell the papaya de.

is it a must to have ngor hee fish? Cos i very scared of the fishy taste and smell of this fish... to begin with, i don't take alot of fish.

ikuko.. same here! then the baby will suddenly stretch out, bum on one side, and what I think is kneecap (cos sharp sharp one) on the other side of my belly. Makes my belly become squarish.

ikuko: yes...ngor hee is the best fish and also help in increasing milk.
fresh ones shouldnt have fishy taste leh.
my CL marinated the fish with pounded lemongrass and ginger then fried the residue crispy to match the fish...its very nice leh...i like.

alternative is cod fish. but i have to tell u, there is no fresh cod fish in singapore. and they are all frozen types.
and in sg markets, those so called cod fish are not real cod fish. they are fish that resemble and taste like cod fish, something like cod fish relative. i cant remember the actual name of that.

real cod fish (gindara) is vvvv exp.

Xuan - I think I saw the DIY casting kit at Kiddy Palace, Mums & Babe before...You can take a look. But I believe those are the matte white/clay colour de. Ebay sells kits with bronze/ pearl/ glazed/ matte white etc...depends on what you want. The kits are much cheaper but I thought get professional to do better plus they can mount and frame up for us. If I managed to find the vendor, will share here!
happy.gif

Griny - thanks! Didnt know after delivery still got goodie bag one..haha!

My bb also dont really kick, she just sticks 1 part of her body (believe its either butt or legs) out and I can feel the part bump protruding out. Sometimes feels abit uncomfy then I will massage and 'push' the bump away. haha. Or she will roll/flip/squirm inside such that my tummy makes waves..told my hb bb is 'packing up her room'. haha

Hi mummies! Woah so busy at work!! Tiring!! Ppl keep on going on MC, leaving ppl like me with the workload. My boss also pissed with those MC people! So exhausted.

JC, bewildered, I think can add warm water from the shower to the concentrated da feng cao mixture. I did that during my confinement as I needed water to wash my hair. To me it's fine. I'm still very fit after my confinement. So I guess should be ok. Just make sure after shower, quickly blow dry hair and clean dry in a non-air con and enclosed environment without fan

My bb also love to make wave and shake his butt. So I count his movements using the butt wave. He seldom kicks from this week and more like punching. Hahaha Then I will show my hubby the waves.

Leyash, sometimes my tummy will look lopsided as he tends to lean more to my right...haha..tummy looks quite weird.

Sleepyskies, ya, agree, sometimes it can be quite uncomfortable as he will raise his bum high up against my rib cage...so i did the same as you, push it back down...he will resist sometimes though :p

2Ks, my hubby also say that the cod fish sold here are not the real cod fish and usually it's chemical treated. Seems like i have no choice, got to just try to eat loh.

those fake cod fish cannot digest 1 if i not wrong..something about the oil.

debbie : how about 'left over'? Say if i use half, than can put it aside and use later...make it warm by topping up with warm/hot water? This also remind me must go buy hair dryer

JC: its not fake cod fish...its still under the cod fish family...maybe distant family.
its a kind of garouper if i am not wrong...

its ok for this fish...all deep water fish are oily etc salmon...
just that its frozen...

sidetrack abit....any mummies considering to go for post natal yoga? any recommendations? i want to lose weight fast...
sad.gif

hahaha..i always call it fake cod fish.

i haven't book my post natal massage. Still thinking want to go for it anot..if after delivery than we go, still okie right or is there a 'golden period' that we must do during confienement?

JC, i heard must do within first few days then more effective. My colleague told me she managed to slim down to her old shape after her confinement... so seems to be working well.

JC
are you going for c-sect or natural?
personally i think it's good for you to engage a massage lady. You can see a lot of blood being dispelled & you would feel more rejuvenated also.

2Ks: Thank you!! I think I need lo! neh so small. LOL!

Haha! I think all our babies love to STICK their butts high up uh! LOL! my boy also!! also the bum protrude so high up!! and he love doing waves. My hubby said he lately very busy inside. Like a busier than us...LOL! no need sleep or rest one. and he lately keep hiccups. so itchy la my tummy. LOL!

ikuko: My boy also love to lean more to the right side =) I'll push or pat pat the bum then suddenly the bum will "woof" gone~ so cute. I will smile to myself. lols. so amazing. I'm gonna miss all this moment for sure...

leyash: 2Ks mention earlier...for the papaya fish soup = Green papaya (get from market, not fruit stall), ginger and ngor hee fish

Xuan, ur so cute!!! LOL!
I been reading the thread but have no time to join in due to heavy workload recently.
Suddenly saw yr msg "neh so small" , hahahaaaa really make me buay tahan!Luckily my boss jz left, otherwise he must feel i am crazy coz laughing alone!

I will definitely miss these moments too... that's why i am enjoying it to the fullest now.
happy.gif

Btw, from the scan, can you roughly tell who the bb looks like? i think mine look more like me.

xuan: got milk anot got nothing to do with small breast or big breast, big breast doesn mean have more milk, vice versus. My fren is like Cup A- like tt, super lots of milk one, feed her daughter till she is like ard 3years. While for mi, consider ok size, previously is C/D cup, do not have so much milk, enough to feed my daughter and a bit extra.

for the green papaya with fish bones, you muz 'boiled' or cooled until milky colour then effective.

pinktulip : hopefully will be natural but i going to be induce. Hopefully will be successful.

Like this i better start looking for 1 first

Eva, Leyash, Xuan: my baby also moves a lot. Stretching, shake butt, make waves, very busy. So amazing and very cute. But, sometimes the stretching could be a little pain. Can feel his elbow or knee sometimes. My colleague said baby boy tend to be very active.

Hihi ladies....! So sorry have been away for so long! I think I don't know many of you! I m already at 36 weeks. 4 more weeks to go.... Hopefully I can last till 40 weeks.
Had a visit to d gynae last week n found that I have high blood pressure.
sad.gif
( Anyone having this too...?

Meiliew: dont worry la... u eat already got any allergy or not. I said confinement dont eat is cos we bf. So better dont la. Confinement cannot eat peanuts and potatoes too.

dian_tang: i also will be starting my coconut juice on maybe 36-37 week also.. cuss my mum told me mid april then drink don't drink now. so gonna listen then.. Zzzz

fruits: strawberries and grapes both i just bought on monday so sweet so nice. i just eat n eat.. i hardly eat these two but then well i guess im gonna eat le then stop le.. as for banana ya i heard that Big banana cannot eat can eat small one just like babies cannot eat big ones also right?

Hi 2ks, sure I will try to post more ..

I will start off with sharing abit about myself. I m currently in 35 wk. planning to c-sec on 2 may ;) anyone delivering on that day also?

This is my 2nd child n is a boy! Can't wait to see him... But just don't like the idea of confinement.. Is like a nightmare to me .....

tsm: so long din see your posting!! Lol! I'm glad I make your day. Haha!! Really leh. Cup size still same, only bra size change. Means getting fatter!!*freak out!

Meiliew: ya, mine is boy too. I think he played too much since Sunday. Now I'm posting, I only feel his hands moving below n shifting his butt or knee. I love 'poking' his butt. Lol. Bad mummy uh. Cos he will use his butt to resist my poking. Lol! Super cute!!

I kuku: I think my boy looks like his daddy lo from the scan . The feature like same when my hubby sleeping . And gynae said my boy love to put his hands behind his head n use as pillow. Same as my hubby!! Lol. Like father, like son!

Rejoy28: okay!! I'll definitely cook that to drink thou I've nursing tea.

Back