(2013/05) May 2013

jill: no problem!! Like that we can plan better also! Don't later HR 'eat' us we also blur blur
proud.gif

Xuan, for SCBB where are you meeting them huh? At their office? Cos I heard they don't do home visits.

I also wanna drop by Shen Kwong when buying herbs in Si Ma Lu. Heehee.

bbkk: Yeap, have fb.. heh heh, okie, I go search for the fb grp.. =) I read tt 2Ks & rejoy are the administrators of the fb grp, so basically, I just add the grp and then identify my SMH nick will do? Never joined grp before, only tried liking coupla pages on fb.. =p

2Ks: Yeap, I've done screenshot of the herbs to buy sharing previously, then was wondering if need big quantity, then if can find reasonably priced herbs then wld be gd coz wont wanna be ripped off, ltr heartpain.. haha..

Wah, okie, then abit jialat if all needs to be kept in the fridge.. coz no space liao ler.. btw, I did screen shot of ur sharing on the herbs to get, but not sure on the concoction/ recipe mix.. I copied red dates, black dates, dangshen and another kinda date or sthg.. but dunno how much to mix etc..

bewildered: u dont have CL? if CL have they will know how to mix.
its actually nan zhao...nan zhao is it called black dates? cos i think i never heard blue dates before la.

dang shen must see what grade u buy. if u get from those agencies, theirs is skinny type. u prob need 5-6 sticks (but its not so nice and abit bitter)

and also must see your pot, your own taste. how sweet or how thick u prefer leh. u can adjust la.
dump everything in boil nia.

u can search for A small small WORLD in fb and request to be added in. then PM me or rejoy yr name in fb then we will approve. this is to minimise silent readers and spammers.

woot! thank you for the link for calculating ML.. i'm getting confused too on when i should start and when come back.. i wanna come back only 2 Sept which i will use AL to cover if not enough..

just went to see gynae last Thursday.. baby is now 2.1kg at 33 weeks.. gynae say she's a little too big for my size and ask me watch my diet.. i had durians over 2 weekends and baby weight went up 600g in 2 weeks... so can try ya..

my tummy getting a little too big for me to handle man.. now walking is getting xinku.. anyone feeling this too?

rach: me lor...i also walk like a penguin. very problematic.
walk too much = contractions
sit too much = backache
eat too much = heartburn
eat too little = hungry
sleep early = wake up in the night cannot fall back asleep
sit on floor = problem getting up

aiya...all the problems of preggies

LOL totally agree with the above problems!

Can feel pressure at the groin area, legs also like no strength to lift up. When sitting down the tummy is touching on the thighs and if lean forward a bit can feel the weight.

I think watermelon can help with the heartburn, take in moderation should be fine with this hot weather.

2Ks: exact same feeling! somemore i'm still driving and my season parking is like 15 mins walk away.. this morning walk halfway i feel like dying already.. my back so pain.. my tail bone (end of spinal cord) is super painful.. when i sit and then stand up, gotta take a moment to recover..

chiro, same same! i can feel some pain and pressure at the groin area.. omg man.....

Thanks BbKK and meiliew... am on insulin and also seeing nutritionist. Mine is not GD but I've had diabetes for more than 10 years. Lately maybe change of hormones (again), i have been worrying more than usual and i asked the doc on my monthly and she told me if not controlled, bb heartbeat may stop so i freaked out some more but doc laughed at me and told me not to worry so much as long as control sugars well.

XuaN: I have been using L'occitane Supple Skin Almond oil from 1st trimester - super kiasu yes - but so far I've not seen any stretch marks but it's a bit costly in SG so if u have friends gg to HK, can ask them to get for u cos it's like $15 cheaper @ abt $66 per bottle.

2ks,
I agree with you all these problems. plus now there no comfortable position to lie on the bed. even watching tv on bed is a torture for the poor back. and still have to tahan for another 2 months...
One one hand hope the days passes fast and bb come out soon so that all the suffering will past. on the other hand, havent get anything for baby yet.. so many things to be done..... wishing baby dun come out so soon... hahahaha

Can someone approve me in the facebook page?? i already add myself to facebook like 2 weeks ago or was it last week. till now still not approve by admin yet.

Cooking of herbs during confinement
- Er, silly qn again but need to prepare those big pots for cooking the red date drink and soups is it? Hahahaha coz we seldom cook at home and just moved in last Aug so only have happycall, pot for maggie mee, big wok and a frying pan. I think not good enough for the CL to cook/boil stuff right? I think need to buy at least 1 big pot (deep and big kind)? Need the slow cooker for tonic soups? Shall see if I can borrow from my mom's place since she hardly cook too...

2Ks - hahahah I laughed when you describe all the symptoms/problems of a pregnant woman! I agree...nw I just walk across the street from bus-stop to my block I also pant and feel breathless. Stand abit butt tired and legs aching. Sit too long, butt ache and difficult to get up (esp if I am sitting on a low couch). Now I also realise my feet start to swell the moment I get off bed! Was so happy that my feet remained the same size for the 1st 7mths, then suddenly nw swell and my shoes feel tight esp in the morning.
sad.gif

thread very happening today!

griny
After seeing your post on ML i realise when I took 4 months 1 shot, my ML included all my weekends! That means about 16 days of Saturdays & Sundays. I wonder if I'm too calculative if I were to apply for ML on a week-to-week basis. Sigh.

blurdopey: what is your name in FB. cos we need to tally names with nicks...

ha....yes! watch tv also problem...sit too long backache lor.
keep applying my bengay cream...

sleepyskies: actually u can use the slow cooker for longan drinks. but its not enough for my daily drinks. so i use my thermal pot.

actually 2 big pots
1 - boiling the da feng cao
2 - red date drinks (skip this if u using slow cooker

The ginger cream that you ladies you recommended good leh, I like. Helps with the backache. Hiam hiam one and the feeling lasts quite long.

For the drinks and bath water I only got 1 big thermal pot. And a tiny slow cooker.

Pinktulip - Alamak ML includes all the weekends, no wonder so soon need to go back to work. *sad*

Xuan, thanks for the recommendation. Will try to drop by to see..but nowadays, going shopping is a chore..i get tired easily and need to sit constantly. Like all of you mentioned, walking too much, i will feel numbness on my feet.

I am also struggling to find a comfortable position to sleep...it's so impt now cos after bb is out, i am prepared to sleep less than 5 hours.
sad.gif

boiling the da feng cao
My cl jus pour boiling hot water over the da feng cao in the red pail which we used for bathing leh.(machiam like teabag like that) she nvm boil the
da feng cao leh.

is it acceptable??

2K: high five... i have all of these also, esp i have been sitting on the floor to play with No. 1. Sometimes need hubby help to get up... haha

Chiro: They meeting me at my office downstairs this Thursday.

Rach: me...I also walking like penguin. Sometimes my butt will bump onto my hubby when I walk beside him cos of the penguin movement. LOL!

2Ks: LOL! I have all the problems u listed!! I hate the heartburn. Almost everyday loh. My foot sole also pain alrdy. cannot shop more than 1 hour also.

Sleeping position: I also can't sleep well every night. I'm stacking up pillows. behind put bolster, then one pillow for the head another for the back. Cause the back soooo painful and aching every morning. I sleep right side, baby also follow 'drop' to the right side...then i turn left, he goes to the left. and he hates me pressing on him. he will riot and punch me (-__-!) like tell me excuse me! excuse me! Then I sleep straight now adays wake up the back like breaking!!! I think I will start using the ginger cream. but hubby said I smells like a HUGE PIECE of ginger. TSK*

Blurdopey: I thot the da feng cao pack is supposed to be boiled? Ask 2Ks! She's our expert mummy!! <3 hehe
proud.gif

hehehe i got super motivated with ML and de-motivated with work that i went to apply for my ML.. hahahahaha.. then my project manager start to panic! finally....

my company is terrible man.. 16 weeks one shot, they ask you count 112 calendar days.. which mean include weekends and PHs.. so i've just applied to go from 13 May and come back 2 Sept.. and also top up 5 days annual leave so i will be gone from 6 May! woohoo!!!!

agree man! there is no position comfortable at all now.. sit also pain, stand also pain, lie down also pain.. wake up few times a night cause change of position is a rather tedious task..

swollen feet: yea... i'm wearing sandals to work like everyday.. i wear my shoes to work and change to my sandals once i reach office..

rejoy: feel so clumsy rite?? when i get up...i feel that my bum is giant size...LOL

blurdopey: my CL boiled my da feng cao. cos i added in ginger and lemongrass.
if just infuse hor, i think the smell wont come out..

xuan: i walk abit keep finding chair to sit. i almost want to find those kind of chair u know old ppl use one, can flip down then can sit one?? LOL
thats why i die die must finished my shopping during 2nd trimester...i expected all the bad pregnancy problems visiting me lor..
sort of prepared ba, its parts and parcel of pregnancy.

Hahahhah like the description 2Ks posted... Have been feeling so grumpy lately cos dun sleep well n eat well... Like lioness roaring around hahahaha. Din expect it to be so tough in last trimester.

Any mummies have tips on how to delay delivery so as to pop nearing to EDD? I was hoping the baby gets more time to develop lah

hehehehe.. me! i get so lazy when i need to wake up.. its like 5 mins 5 mins.. then suddenly become one hour then mad rush to work...

2ks,
can use bengay cream ma. i thought cannot use when preggy.

oh dear must boil huh.. this time round i will ask auntie to boil.

blurdopey: my gynae said okay.
the green colour one...not the red colour one.
1st tube i bought from my gynae clinic one.

I feel v.sleepy and tired at work...and when I get home and am sitting on the couch watching tv. End up when its time to sleep, I have trouble falling asleep. Help!! haahhaha

2Ks: yeap, gonna have a CL but was reading online for the confinement drinks and one rec the 黑木耳 mix into the tea, supposed to clear blood clot n all.. Most recipe tis either red dates, black dates, nan dates n dried longans in a drink, while another's dang shen, red dates n longans, but cant find a recipe wh mixes them all up.. -_-

M gonna drink those nursing tea too, coz hope can provide for bb unlike last time, totally cmi.. So think i'll b downing lotsa teas, shldnt have any prohibitions like coupla hrs apart fr the nursing tea n the red date tea bah?

M thinking of askin cl to make the drink using pressure cooker (wh shld be done in ard 1.5hrs instead of boiling for 2hrs to 3hrs), then aft tt trf to flask or normal pot to put on stove to heat up as need be.. Then aft washing up d pressure cooker, will use it to boil soup n then trf out to thermal pot to keep warm.. Reckon it'd be gd to go? Coz else abit xim tia if everythg gotta boil for real long hrs..

Wrt: herbs for bathing

Boil water with the herbs in it wont generate half a pail leh, can add hot water fr the shower?

Chiro: now can eat watermelon? I dared nt touch watermelon coz scared oo liang but given the hot weather recently, the watermelon juice sure looks tempting !!
happy.gif

Bewildered, for the herbs to bathe during confinement, I boiled a pot of it to get a concentrated mixture of the herb water then added some more boiled water to it in a pail. I think it's alright also this way. It takes a lot of effort and time to boil a pail full of herb water.

can add hot water from the tap? Mine is those water heater...i scare not enuff to bath

Ever since i on the fan and aircon to sleep, i can sleep much better liao..but now i am losing sleep over my handover. Still got 7 weeks to my due date but work wise only left 6 weeks..haizz

The weather is bad lah..hot than sure rain during evening..than even hotter after that

2Ks
I like ur description....hahaha....

ML..my co is 2 mths plus 8 weeks.... So I intend to start on 27 may, end on 27 jul, follow by 1 week of maternity. Then flush out my AL...shld go back mid sept......

Debbie: yar, to fill a pail with water via boiling's abit time consuming.. I've the same qn as JC.. Can boil to get the concentrated mixture and then add hot water fr the shower head?

JC: nwadays v hot n stuffy, totally agree tt aft rain, tis even worse.. Will feel real humid.. As of nw, the aircon's totally blowing at me nia and tis on at full blast loh.. Real horrible hor? Dunno hw'll i adapt during confinement.. Coz dun think i'll be able to have the aircon blowing at me.. -_-

Aircon is okie during confinement but not fan. My aircon is blow my leg one..so i have to change the position after delivery

Morning ladies.

Anyone feeling the heart beat rhyme at the tummy area? is this normal? i am feeling it more often recently. Arrghh, i am getting so stress up. Gynae never ask me to monitor the movement and now i stress, start to jot down as and when can. I keep telling baby, give mummy a big kick please.

bewildered - I have watermelon when I feel hot and heaty, feel very shiok after that. Western culture watermelons actually good for us due to its nutrients. But take in moderation, I also believe in the TCM cooling/heaty factor.

Min - I can feel heart beat rhyme, not sure is that hiccups though. I never jot down baby movements, but will monitor and make sure baby moves moves everyday. Seems stressful to jot down baby timings? As in it might make you worry more when baby is actually just sleeping/relaxing inside.

Min, I feel the heart beat rhyme too. At the lower left tummy area. Hahaha My baby also don't give me huge kick but he moved every day. I think don't worried too much, as baby grow bigger, the kick will be more obvious I think. =)

BEWILDERED: I just had watermelon juice yesterday! =X too tempting on hot weather!! Drink in moderate should be fine.

Min: yup. I feel heart beat rhyme at times too. and can last for quite some time like 10minutes? Many people said it's baby hiccups. So, all this while I believe it is. hahahah! I don't jot down baby movement actually, as long as he kick day to night (which is what he is doing now - very hard some more!)...I feel safe already =) My baby never stop kicking and punching since Sunday, So I'm wondering he got so busy inside a not. like no need rest/relax/ sleep lo.

Thanks for the assurance ladies. I was really worried. the heart rhyme is mainly on my right side and it moves around.

Xuan: Yes it can be for very long at times. I shift my position here and there, still can fell it. Got worried if baby is stress of uncomfortable. envy, my baby is gentle, no hard kick so far. my gf asking me is it becos it is a baby gal and she is gentle. The kicks are more at night for me too.i am trying to keep track now.. keep talking to baby - baby move move. hahah

Bewildered, my MIL says its ok to take watermelon as long as in moderation.

ARe you ladies starting on the coconut already? Hehee.. my MIL havent give me green light to begin drinking leh.

Morning!! =)

Min: I feel the rhyme too!! But tis like at the bottom of the tummy area.. am guessing tis the hiccups coz think the movements wont feel like this.. haha.. was abit worried in the beginning but aft it got more and more common, guess it shld be normal.. =p

tracking of movements, my gyn also din advise on tt.. but will just be aware of bb's movements bah but did nt make counts too.. =p

Thx jill, Xuan &amp; chiro on the watermelon juice part.. haha, guess I can start to drink watermelon juice ler!! Tis so so so tempting during this hot weather and I've been trying not to, tis really a torture to endure the hot weather and then to curb the craving for it.. haha..

wrt coconut: I havnt start yet, think will only start aft 37 wks bah.. have alr heard 2 stories this yr of mummies drinking coconut then bb popped out the following wk.. sounds scary.. but for my #1, I kept drinking and ended up bb's still overdue.. dunno why..

Back