(2013/04) April 2013

yvaine, I am turning 24. Had my girl when I was 18. you didn't read it wrongly
happy.gif

Finally can go home. Dread the ride back urgh.

Shirelle: u are indeed very young!.. i'm #25 when i had my #1.. so next yr will be 27 when #2 arrive.. i got a mature look... ppl thought i'm 30yr old..

hi all mtb,
just return from my grandmother funeral, was given a red ribbon to tie around my stomach n a`fu`. Just when I thought all are over,the master told me I got to keep in my drawer till my baby is borned n after that e `fu` need to tie around my baby neck for a month. Feel so troubled now.

Choco: thanks!
happy.gif
hope ur feeling better now!
Yvaine: Urs also end mth baby? My gynae says better to visit her at 8weeks coz I miscarriage last preg ard that time. Juz to see if baby is stable.

Been feeling Abit giddy these days. Hope this 1st trimester a smooth one for everyone... To no ms!

Ya, when I read the woman terminate her pregnancy cos of the severe morning sickness plus she can't cope with taking care of her #1.. Felt so sad. Cos the fetus is healthy ma. I think can imagine the stress that she is going thru to make that decision. That's y support is very important.

Thalassemia
My #1 was suspected of it too. When he was 7months old and sick, the hosp took a blood test and kept questioning us about it. It's the first time we heard about it and was so worried too. Neither of us has any family history that we hear of and we kinda speculate is ea other's family. :p in the end both my and hb took the blood test to cfm that we are not even carriers. In the end it was because my #1 was a TBF baby and his good intake doesn't provide enough iron. We change his diet and his iron went bk to normal.
happy.gif

Co-sleeping
My #1 is also sleeping w us on our queen bed. Kinda regret that we didnt have a king bed. We also feel that one day when the kids grow up they won't want to sleep w us anymore. That's y we wanna "enjoy" while it lasts.

4D scan
Wah! $150 sounds very cheap! Do u have a sample to share what a 4d scan or video looks like?

Turoko: No hair loss leh. i dont think is normal to experience hair loss during pregnancy cos the hormones will make the hair grow more, faster and better. better go check cos it could be a sign of not enough nutrients.

piyo: Wah!! ur girl was making faces!! suck the thumb, yawn, stick out tongue and smiling!!!

btw, any mommies feeling very cold easily? i feel cold most of the time with a slight change in temp. wasnt like this during my 1st pregnancy and normally.

shirelle: drink more water to cool ur body?

oricule: ya.. i always feel cold.. esp office aircon is centralised type.. i wear 2 layers of jackets and keep drinking hot water. #1 time also same.. 1st trim super cold.. then come 2-3trim.. wear sleeveless to work.. coz very warm..

me too..feel cold easily..esp few weeks ago..my office temp is at 17 to 18 degree...even to the extent has to wear sock in the office..unglam..haha

i c i c... i kept thinking i am having fever cos feel so cold! but gynae said is normal.

hope we will pass 1st trimester safely and soon! 好辛苦了!

i'm feeling cold in office too. sometimes wear 2 jackets. even without air con, I feel cold outside. But sometimes, I will get hot flushes.

piyo, I'm drinking sips of water. hope it helps
sad.gif
can't take a lot at one go, else will throw up.

first timester is indeed so xinku! end of this week I'll hit week 12, but MS doesn't seem to go away yet
sad.gif

wah! shirelle, so soon 12 wks already! me i think i am at 7th wk only.. still a long way to go! (and to puke)

today is feeling super duper nausea too. puke twice liao but somehow the nauseaous still there.

oricule, I'm holding on to my puke. Cause will KO after that. Waiting for lunch time to take a rest in one of the meeting rooms.
sad.gif
so so comtemplated to take half day to rest.

oricule,
me too, always feel very cold. I feel very weak & sleepy almost everyday. So much different with my 1st pregnancy. Weird part is my MS always come at night
sad.gif
hopefully my appetite will come back soon... counting for week 12th...

turuko,
no hair loss for me.

Hope our MS will get better after we hit wk 12!! I juz puke b4 lunch, amazing i still can swallow my lunch right after it!!

Mummies, i have realised more appetite for soupy noodles or porridge bt when come to rice i can only eat a few mouthful. My portion is less than my boy's dinner nw.

Hi all, had been catching up on the post. There's so much discussion going on.

Lately feeling weak and faint esp in the mornings.

Piyo piyo was suggesting a fb group. I can help to set up. Just PM me your fb email and I will add you to the group.

Helloooo...

Been feeling miserable due to ms plus stressed at work past few days so didn't manage to log in. How's everyone today?

Shirelle, so fast, you are going to be 2nd tri!!!

piyo, nice 4D pics of your gal! for my #1, i only did 3D scan coz hb thinks no point do 4D. did you compare your gal newborn pic with the 3D scan? is usually very close match. my #1 was doing stunt during the 3d scan. he was grabbing his foot n put next to his face! now, he still does that at times. so comical!!

oricule, i also do feel cold suddenly and also hot flushes esp at night. ask tcm n she tells me coz immune system low n means going to fall sick. true to her words, i did start to have flu and cough each time i have those cold feelings.
sad.gif

Lee, I have PM you. Please add me in the FB secret group.

chelz, may i know if u #1 is a boy or girl. people been telling me that if the pregnancy symptoms are very different from the previous pregnancy, it's a different gender this time.. thus i kept on telling myself "I MUST ENDURE". last time when i had my boy, i tot the MS was bad but it;s only vomit at most once a day... usually morning. NOW, i can puke minimum 5 times a day.. and night is worst. totally no appetite at all.

Lee, FB group is good! more privacy and easier to chat there! i am so going to PM u!

Mareikb,

R u still seeing yr tcm for an tai med? Can we consume herbs during our 1st tri? I went to c one tcm, she gave me some herbs, & i felt much better after taking d herbs bt i dun dare to take d herbs frequently.

mummypooh, yes, still seeing tcm for an tai med. if you go to reputable tcm whom you trust the skills, safe to consume the an tai med. i seen this tcm when i had my #1 and all is well and my #1 very strong and healthy. so I continue to see her for current pregnancy.

oricule,

dont think symptons will define boy or girl. my gynae famous words, every pregnancy is different, what you experience for first pregnancy doesnt mean will recurr for second one.

Shirelle: wow hot young mama! heheh...

piyo: u r also very young leh... nowadays the norm is to have the first kid in 30s... the 4D pics look good! so amazing how they can do so much these days.

Turuko: yup! 28 april. 1 day apart from you i think. do update after your gynae visit ya ;) no hair loss. i think more hair growth leh. i'm noticing baby hari sprouting...

oricule: heheh maybe a good opportunity to upsize the bed? new bed for a new baby! as for temperature, same, i also feel cold easily. not like that for no1, but no2 was like that. so when we went to NZ that time (we didn't know til one week before we flew that i was expecting), i was freezing and felt quite miserable :S

Lee and Mummypooh: thanks for organising! Lee, i've pm-ed you my FB email.

mummypooh, i think paosheng is good. my mil bought tat with bird nest for me to consume after 20th wk for my #1. But i dun like paosheng smell so i din take much. i stopped seeing TCM at 6th month for #1. tcm told me no need to bu as long as i was taking her an tai med coz alr got necessary herbs to bu. but i think i read before ginseng n all chinese herbs must stop by 8th month coz it may cause excessive bleeding after delivery if still take during 8th-9th month.

ggchua, are you ok? are you vomitting alot these days?

Some of you cant be added as search is disabled on fb. Will let you all know later if I failed to add anyone here.

In the process of adding....

mareikebb: since monday till now vomitted twice.. i think my face super disfigured now!!
sad.gif

ya, my mil advised me to eat paosheng too. she went to check with the chinese herbal store uncle and he said pregnant can eat...

Back