(2013/02) March 2013

Hi dear moms of march 2013
happy.gif

I would like to join the facebook closed group of march 2013
thread for mummies. How do I go about doing that?

My baby edd is 11 march, and she is my second one. My first
child who is a girl is already 6 yrs old
happy.gif

Hi March Mummies...

My baby is already 4 months old. I'm looking at selling away my pre-loved miracle swaddle blankets. PM me if you guys are interested. I think Mothercare selling around $35 per piece.

I have 3 of them (in blue and green). If you get all 3, I'm letting go at $50. If not, per piece is going at $20.

The blankets helped my boy sleep at least 4 hours at one go during the night from birth till 3 months old. We recently stopped swaddling him.

If you wanna know more about the blanket, can go to this link:
http://www.miracleblanket.com/

Thank you!

Happy Lunar New Year Everyone! I guess its the festive season eh? Not many mummies are here in the forum.

No I have not even taken the old clothes out to wash yet even though I already 36 weeks! hehehe.. I guess its because its is number two already. I did get some NUK bottles from Robinson's, they came in 2 big bottle and 2 small bottle with a pacifier at $47. Still waiting for the private sale before I go get a new breast pump. Actually my old ameda still can use but since I need to get new bottles and parts I thot might as well get a new set.

I think the nesting instinct came in much later for number two. I dont have it in me yet! hehehe..

Let's recap, what should we pack inside the hospital bag ah?

1) Clothes for Mummy to wear home (let's face it, the tummy will still be there after we give birth so I will pack maternity clothes.. hehehe)
2) Mittens
3) Booties
3) Sleep Suit for Baby to wear home
4) Nursing cloth (this is useful as we can still talk to our friends when we feed baby, they dont need to wait outside)
5) Breast Pump (optional- I should bring if I already bot it by then, to stimulate for milk production)- I super love ameda lactaline, cheap and good!! Dual pump and can adjust speed and suction power
6) Slippers - I should be wearing slippings to deliver anyway
7) Toileteries
8) Nursing Bra!
9) Swaddle Blanket (I love those that have velcro- keeps baby snuggly swaddles)

Things that kk will provide (wrf my first delivery)
a) Maternity Pad
b) Disposable Undies
c) Newborn Diapers
d) Toileteries set

Then when we are at hospital must remember to ask for glass bottles to bring home to store our breast milk..

Any thing I miss out ah??

@Deborah (thatmummy)
Thanks for the useful recap!
This is my first child so those tips are really useful.
Haven't really completed my shopping for baby items although i am 35 weeks already.
Looking forward to the baby fair in Feb for more bargains.

Hi all, new to this forum, i'm a mar 2013 mum too. EDD 14 Mar 2013. Expecting my first kid so not sure what to expect..

Btw, any experienced mums here where at 36weeks, baby is still in breech position? Is there any chance baby will still turn in time for delivery? My gynae asked me to booked a date for c-sec first in case she doesnt turn.

Saw tt there's a FB page for Mar 2013 mums, can add me too?

Hi mummy ! Do u need a baby sitter ? I'm the nanny who live in sengkang area ! Pls cal at my hp 96884593 for more information !

Hi Charlene

Yes, my bb still in breech position. NOw i coming to 37 week, then my bb start turning.. so no need to worry 1st..

hi i m a feb mtb, hv delivered n m doing my confinement. my confinement nanny hv a vacant slot for the month of march. if you are keen pls call auntie chui yue at 98966682.

Dear all,

I delievered my baby on Jan 2013 and I had stop breastfeeding due to low supply and due to busy with my #1. I would like to selling away following items. All my breast pump was pretty new as i hardly use it. Please pm me here or call me at 93622319 if you are interested. Thanks

1)Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump (with warranty)
2)Pumpin pal set included:
Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (super shields -M size)
Hand-free Breast Pumping Strap
Air Dry Accessory Bag
3)Avent Manual Breast Pump - SCF 330 (with warranty)
4)Avent Per-sterilized Cup 5pcs & Cup Cover 5pcs (brand new)
5)Avent Ultra Comforatable Breast Shells (hardly use)
6)Pigeon Sillicon Nipple (brand new)
7)Lansinoh 25 pcs milk storage bags (Brand New)
8)Sacred Tea for Nursing Mother 1pack (brand new)
9)Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel 1lite (brand new)
10) RPR Dry Shampoo Powder Spray (brand new)
11) Pureen Sterilising Tablets 56 (brand new)

Dear all,

I delievered my baby on Jan 2013 and I had stop breastfeeding due to low supply and due to busy with my #1. I would like to selling away following items. All my breast pump was pretty new as i hardly use it. Please pm me here or call me at 93622319 if you are interested. Thanks

1)Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump (with warranty)
2)Pumpin pal set included:
Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (super shields -M size)
Hand-free Breast Pumping Strap
Air Dry Accessory Bag
3)Avent Manual Breast Pump - SCF 330 (with warranty)
4)Avent Per-sterilized Cup 5pcs & Cup Cover 5pcs (brand new)
5)Avent Ultra Comforatable Breast Shells (hardly use)
6)Pigeon Sillicon Nipple (brand new)
7)Lansinoh 25 pcs milk storage bags (Brand New)
8)Sacred Tea for Nursing Mother 1pack (brand new)
9)Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel 1lite (brand new)
10) RPR Dry Shampoo Powder Spray (brand new)
11) Pureen Sterilising Tablets 56 (brand new)

Dear mummies,

I'm from Jan 13 MTB forum group. I have an extra bottle of Clarins stretch mark oil - Huile Tonic Body Treatment Oil 100ml, retailing at $78. It is brand new in box, not opened before and purchased in late 2012. My hubby bought an excess bottle and hence unused. Am looking to sell it at $65. Self collect in Tampines hdb or Tanjong pagar mrt. Please PM me if you are interested.

Dear mummies,

I'm from Jan 13 MTB forum group. I have an extra bottle of Clarins stretch mark oil - Huile Tonic Body Treatment Oil 100ml, retailing at $78. It is brand new in box, not opened before and purchased in late 2012. My hubby bought an excess bottle and hence unused. Am looking to sell it at $65. Self collect in Tampines hdb or Tanjong pagar mrt. Please PM me if you are interested

Hi mummies have the follow to give away/ sell
1)Loose maternity pad ( give away)
2) GNC Fenugreek ( taken abt 5, left 95 pcs) @ $15
3) Similac Mum 4 tins @ $45
Self collect at Bedok or at my convenience.
What'sapp me at 96776076

Hi Mummies,

I intend to breastfeed my bb but having questions and doubts despite reading e info from e internet and some breastfeeding books so wonder if mummies here could enlighten me?

1) Understand 1st few days after delivery, there will no milk but was told to let bb suckle no matter got milk or not. My question is if there is no milk then wouldn't bb be hungry and sucking air instead?

2) B4 breastfeed, is there any b4 procedures that i should do (e.g. massage, cleaning e breasts, etc.?)

3) While on confinement, if we are bathing the da feng ai herbs, can we still breastfeed our bb? Wouldn't there be herbs smell on our body?

|ntruder (intruder)
Hi, regarding your doubts i hope i can help you since i bf my #1 for a period.

1) is to stimulate your factory (boobs) to tell them to start working. more demand more productivity.
2) yes, you have to massage your boobs before feeding. during your stay in the hospital, the nurses n lactation consultant can assist on position and ways to feed the bb. ask them for professional help during your hospital stay, as if you wanna to consult them after you went home, it may b chargeable.
3) there may be smell, but bb wouldn reject you. even if you stink, they also wouldn reject you unless they are not hungry.
4) i personally express out the milk n feed my girl via bottle as she has jaundice, im measuring her intake. no spoon or syringe feeding.

hope these info aids you in your bf journey. good luck!

Agree to Mrs.Lee...

Before breastfeed, u should use a wet clean cloth to clean your breast ... warm water to wet the cloth better ... My hospital taught me this ...

You need to express the milk out if your flow is more than what baby has taken ... this is to avoid milk clotted in your breast, which will affect your future milk flow or cause inflection at 乳腺... thus, personally i feel breast pump is a necessary tool even u r doing direct feeding.

p/s: If you need breast milk storage bag, come to me ... i had posted photo in the same thread.

i still ve not receive the request for our Facebook.. Perhap the admin can let us know the group name & we can register in there & chat there..

my EDD = 01 March 2013

Intruder..
Are you saying without breast milk but you will still give your baby formula milk??

If you are saying not giving him any milk that is impossible!!!
We adult already feel hungry if without any food so how is it
for a newborn baby??!!

I m fm march 2012 n would like to recommend my confinement nanny in case any of u decide last min. She is really good can cook n can look after my baby very well. The dishes she cook is super yummy. N she is neat as well! Easy going Aunty. She ganna play out by another mummy so end up no job for march till April. Currently doing confinement till 4march.

Contact me at [email protected]

Intruder,
Not the case... The first few days since u r at hospital, the nurse should advise u base on their experience if recommend to feed some formula milk (in case baby eat not enuff) ... if they don't do, remember ask them ...

But you need to quickly catch up the production ... meaning dun give up even no milk, still let ur baby latch on... sometimes supply could increase dramatically after 4-7days of try ...

Hi all, i understand theres a Facebook group for march mommy to be.. How can I be added to it? My EDD was mid March but princess decided to come almost 1 month early! Anyone given birth already?

hi Mummies,
I had a pack of Summer Swaddles to let go. Husband bgt the wrong size few days ago and the shop do not allow us to exchange.

The pack comes in 3 pieces of pretty pinks in size S-M. Willing to let go at $40 (retail cost about $60+).
Pls PM me if you are interested.
8168774.jpg

Hello littlestar, I'd just given birth to #2. #1 was a culture shock to me. I din realize that I'd hv no time to myself! Bb woke up every 1-2 hrs for a feed and kept falling asleep during each feed, meaning that each feeding took abt an hr. confinement food was too heaty for me, so i always had sore throat. Strangely, i emerged quite "weak" after confinement, often catching cough/cold despite the herbs I'd bought from hock hua.

For no. 2, at least I kn what to expect. Let the CL (or whoevers helping u) do the work, the first week at least. Just try to lie down and sleep/rest whenever u can. And this time, I went to Thomson TCM to actually get a more customized confinement herbs package. They can also advise in English and also explain the difference between their prescription and Hock Hua's generic recommendation.

My challenge now is how to entertain my 2.5yo boy... I kn I shouldn't just plonk him in front of the tv, but dunno what else to do... Anyone has experience to share regarding handling your older one's tantrums too? Tx!

Hi ccpet,

Thanks for the advise! I'm nearly full term but still no sign of baby will be coming out. Will be seeing Gynae this Sat which is also my due date to decide whether to wait for another week or induce or c-sec. Anyone has similar situation like mine?

Littlestar, I was anxious for my no. 1 to arrive too, cos gyne was also saying bb head getting too big for my frame. So she told me to go swimming... And it worked!

My colleagues also suggested some other ways that all start with "S".... Erm, guess u can google it? Haha...

i want to join fb group too!
gave birth on 02Mar at GEH.
my ward neighbour is also mother of three and i wonder if she's the member here.
happy.gif

So sorry to disturb. I'm looking for help to purchase enfalac (ready-to-drink) bottled milk from the hospital as I'll be travelling with my 4 months old baby. However, my hospital (TMC) only sells the milk to in-patient.

Any mummies giving birth soon and is willing to help? Can you please help me purchase the bottled milk? I'll collect at the hospital from you.

Many thanks.

Back