(2013/02) March 2013

It's Friday! Finish work and we can rest at home for the weekend! Jiayou mummies!
happy.gif

If I don't finish my 'plain' water in the cup, I'll see small ants inside my cup the next morn when I reach office. Some drowned. Some crawling. Water is sweet meh? Pissed off with the ants!

anyone took the urine culture test and have this thing call group 2B or soemthing? i got this and gynae say i cant natural birth cause if baby eye got contact wif it will cause blindness, brain damage or even death. Though the risk is 10% im thinking if i should seek second opinion.

But if i go for C sec, all this problems wont exist anymore.

Jo: u talking about strep B test? My gynae usually do it later in the pregnancy ... From what I understand .. If u are positive for this pregnancy .. If u do natural there are potential spread to the baby and can cause problems ...

Yun, I'm still going cuz I think it's never too early to know more. Good as a heads up and starting point. Moreover, goodie bags are normally quite awesome. The last one I went for (NTUC) was pretty good.

Speaking of goodies bag, just signed package w gynae this a.m n was given a huge bag of goodies. Don't rem last 2 times got so much. Anyway, too tired to sort out as all his appointments were delayed due to a op theatre delay so waited 2hrs. Arms also v sng after drawing 4 tubes of blood n still hv to drive kids to n fro sch.

Btw, my package at 18wk is $800 n seems to hv a 30% discount for same types n qty of supplements, as compared to last visit. Heehee...

Yes, its finally friday, so glad.... and all mummies do take good care and enjoy the moment..

Im having contispation too n am taking lots of water n fruits everynight n my colleagues says i look much better now, more energetic.. just tt my tummy feels hurting at times n my gynea says its normal. The breast area also hurt n itch alot n gt to massage it everynight and so paisay esp when it itch in public area n got to rub it so secretive
sad.gif

Btw, heard tt there is a baby fair coming up in expo end oct.. anyone gg?

My wgt still the same bt tummy getting bigger
happy.gif
ﹰﹰ

So fast another baby fair? Thought the next one is parenthood fair in Nov?
Who has details of this baby fair at the end of Oct?

jO, oh.. youre talking about strepB. if HJ didnt elaborate i would have tot its another test. didnt know the consquences can be tat serious. my previous gynae didnt practise that, but i still opt for it. will probably opt again near delivery.

jeremy, i have a tod. but not going to the talk. looking at the speaker n topic, i likely will fall asleep. haha!!

Yeah, JO, guess u are taking the strep B test. From what I know from my first pregnancy, the strep B test involves getting a little of your vaginal mucus at late pregnancy stage. This is because if you test too early, there is a chance that the bacteria will return before birth. So it is usually tested a month before edd. Also, usually it will be treated with an antibiotic with effect that can last more than a month so that an recurrence will not be before birth. Sure sounds like it is a little early to test now. And if it is the regular strep b bacteria, it is not untreatable. Do check again.

Or maybe extra iv drip at labour. I wasn't positive but I remember my OB says even if positive, can be treated.

Thanks mummies for all your encouragement. It definitely boast my morale. I will jia you
happy.gif
!

I still don't have appetite yet. Loosing weight still even though I feel fat.
sad.gif

Mummies, roughly when are we doing our detailed scan? Have been visiting my gynae every two weeks. She mention a scan and I wonder what it was.

Mine on 16 oct. morning scan then noon see Gynae.
Was thinking of booking massage at bellies since kkh has bus to bugis but not sure should I or not. Unsure hõŵ much and not planning package with them because I got jamu.

Faith, why do you need to visit the gynae every 2 weeks? Thought its supposed to be once a month?

Anybody feel baby's kick already? I haven't.

My first was delivered there. Quite satisfied with kkh should be delivering at kkh.
Any mother here attended jann class? Saw this lady holding course for mom phonics and plan the lesson for mommies for them to teach their children. Saw quite a few feedbacks not bad.

smurfie, cos i keep spotting. and having contraction. So in a way, need to see gynae very often. Plus hubby prefer to visit every two weeks now o make sure everything is ok. Hopefully when everything stablise, can cut down the number of trips. So expensive

Vamiga, 800 bucks for the package. Roughly what does it include? Where will u be delivering? hehe cos will be discussing on the package with gynae soon
happy.gif

Hi faith,
Prenatal package includes consultation,routine scans n urine tests (not yet). For now, once a mth visit but will get more frequent when closer to due date.

Delivery at mt A.

Wifey's next scan will be on 20th Oct & need to do blood test. Hope to know our baby's gender. Appetite is good but she does get hungry pretty fast. She is more energetic but more hair is dropping. Perhaps. she has long hair but more of her strands on the floor.
Till todate, she has not gained any weight. Her bulge is not that noticeable at 14 weeks+.

faith, depends on the gynae ba. my detailed scan is on 22weeks. so will do it only in mid nov. -__-"

jeremy, thats the only one i find interesting.. hahha!! but anyway im sendin my tod to some music classes, so no need to attend this also. hehe!

bb kicks, i felt bubbling movement about 14weeks. on 16 weeks, bb girl gave me a huge kick, since then ive been feeling her everyday. i hope she's not as violent as her elder sister.. :s

Perhaps you want to call up and ask?
For KKH, detailed scan is done at another room by sonographer, so doc actually scheduled appointment for me 1.5-2 months back.
Doc say it will be about 30min, about same time as my OSCARS screening the last time. Can see baby for longer time.
happy.gif

HI Mummies, i'm with Dr Lawrence and yesterday i met my neighour who also with Lawrenece.

he told me due to MT A under renovation, dr doesn't want to go MT A give birth leh.
i was like sian.. cos he told me, TMC delivery they very experience, but in terms of service is very bad.

well.. when the renovation will complete?

Halo All mummies,

I am new here.. Have been silently reading the threads and wanted to finish before I join but threads keep moving and till today, I am only on Sept 28... So decide to join first =)

Tis is my 3rd preg with EDD 20th March. #1 is 5 and #2 is 14 mths...

Just went for Amnio las week... now patiently waiting for my results. I know some mummies also went... How are your results? Care to share what was your Oscar ratio too?

I would like to be added into the FB grp too..

Hi JoyinSep,

I went for amnio directly, skipping OSCAR upon gynae's advice to save $. This is my #3 too.
happy.gif

My results is ok.
Altho they told me need to wait 10 working days for results, e clinic called me abt e results last Tue 4pm when i went on Thurs a.m. 2 week earlier than u did.

All the best!
happy.gif

Hi Vamiga,

How old are your #1 and 2? Am thinking of getting a maid w 3... cos FTWM and with 3, housework and all seems really xiong...

Wow your results are fast! You didn't opt for the express results right?

Thanks =)

Hi all,

Anyone experiencing backaches when sleeping? Any suggestions to ease the discomfort? I'm asking on behalf of my wife. Our baby boy EDD is early march!
happy.gif

Hi JoyinSep,
Didn't know can request for express result n this is my 2nd time doing amnio! Faint.. In fact, detailed results is not yet when I c gynae for regular check last fri.

My 2 older boys r 9 & 5yo. Became a sahm after #2 even tho I had a maid then.
happy.gif

Opposite of u, this will b my 1st pregnancy/newborn w/o maid! Hope I will b ok as hubby is no longer travelling much these days. In fact, he is doing most of the housework after work n weekends since my whole day morning sickness ( even tho I hv recovered already). Hehehe..

If u want to get w maid, do get 1 soon so that the older kids can get used to her n she has time to adjust to the increased load. Will u b making any changes to the older kids' childcare arrangement?

Hi sbb,
Saw from earlier post that 1 block of mt A will b done by year end.
My gynae ok w my preference when he asked me last fri leh. So how? R u going to change gynae or ?

Change gynae now? Must do it quickly then. Think most gynae will offer package from week 20 onwards right?

Oh, we can't get detailed scan results on the same day? Haha. My scan is in early morn followed with gynae consultation at late morn. Thought he will be able to discuss results at that time. Hee.

My gynae only deliver at gleneagles and mount a. But then, she stopped going Mount A after it went under reno. Nurse say cos there was once, doctor was delayed by more than 1 hour cos cannot find parking. Imagine the dear mummy who need to go through all the pain without a doctor!?!? oh my

faith
than jiatlat already. cos my friends complained tmc has lack of beds. actually the doc should nt find a parking. they should have a valet parking priority from the services as part of mt a.

hmmm...

im packing around 600 in total for my package.

Faith.. Hope you are better.

My detailed scan is on 25 but only seeing the gynae 2 weeks after. I hope I can get the results instantly.

Anybody delivering at KKH?

Back