(2013/02) March 2013

Bean bean: same here, i want my appetite back again! Im so depressed leh, not able to enjoy food.... I love food lor. I lost 2kg due to lack of appetite alone, i din even ve any vomiting. But gynae got warn me when appetite back cannot 'eat with vengence' haha.

When i paid for my oscars, they tick oscars plus doppler (20week scan). So i tot wrg coz mine is suppose to oscars 1st trim scan mah... But the nurse say correct, its a pkg, so i assume the cost of 480 also covers some other scan the gonna do for me at week20?

i went for the 1st tri scan but didn't see the gender lei.. the sono and gyane insisted 4-5 months den can c....... wa sianz... cannot buy bb things... grrrrr...

thanks bean bean. i will take note!

thanks lovebyte for your advice. oh but i need to buy water bag first to heat it. LOL or maybe i use water bottle. hmmmm

Travelling
I've actually book tix to bkk coming Sept. When I check with Dr he say no problem.I'd al's Google and they mention unless mummies got complications else usually no problem from 1st to 2nd trimesters

Massage
Ive very very bad stiff shoulder & neck until aching. Before pregnant I got massages then now they refuse and ask e to go back after 5 months

Appetite
I cannot finish any main meal but will b hungry every 2-3 hours. Ms still v bad for me..but trying not to puke

hi mummies,

wow scans are so expensive now! I also heard from my frens that TMC has increased their prices. looks like I cant pay 1.4k cash anymore for single room.

I travelled alot during pregnancy of my first one. To Taiwan, KL, BKK, Australia and cruise when i was 7th month. Enjoyed all my trips
happy.gif

I just came back from 2weeks Sydney trip two weeks ago with my #1 and hubby. Was more tiring as I felt naueous during the tip. But dunno when can travel together when my #2 pops out so better travel first haa.

2nd time mummies.. do you find ur tummy is bigger this time round? I dont rmb my tummy being so big at 12 weeks
sad.gif

Watertap

Ya I find my tummy bigger this time. Last time when I was wk13, my tummy still flat, Only got a bump at 4th mth. This time got tummy earlier although I puke all the time during first tri. Maybe the spare tire left behind?

My tummy is also Huge at 12 weeks. Last time didn't think it was that obvious for #1. I guess its the left over fats and also the womb is not as tight as the first 1 so now easier to stretch and expand?

I woke up this morning really HUNGRY! Bought a pack of beehoon with egg and vegs and just had it for breakfast! Yummy! When I see the food I must want to eat it. If I think for a moment its not appetitising then I will not want to eat one. Usually not so picky about food but with this pregnancy.. i somehow am more picky with what I eat cos it affects my overall appetite. with #1 no problem at all.

Morning mummies!!!!

Wah our thread is moving so fast ... Kk can I ask
1. have we started our Fb page?
2. Anyone keen to go mbs this sat with me for a refresher Breastfeeding talk? 3-5pm?
3. Anyone at around 10 weeks n symtom of ms is tailing off?

I was feeling so horrible last week but this tues I woke up, appetite is back, puking seems to suddenly stop n I am just worried sick bb is not well... Ai yo ;(

Oh btw any sahm around Bishan, hougang, potong pasir or serangoon area?

Yea.. Kinda worried coz Im trying not to gain 18kg again yet must eat well. My first pregnancy was a breeze.. This time I feel nauseous most of the time. Hungry also nauseous.. Eat too full also nauseous. Din puke though.
Hope our MS will subside and disappear too.
happy.gif

morning.. today took train got ppl give up seats to me.. so happy no need to stand all the way... hahaha.

look like my tummy has shown..

Happymum :
1) FB pages has been created by berrydelight. Pm her your email and she'll add you ine
3) MS seems to be tailing off but once in a while eat too full or if feeling too hungry will puke.

Winnie: Looks like cannot hide already. No wonder people say after 12 weeks can say. More like cannot hide anymore so must admit. hahaha

winnie,

why u always got seats, envy!! until now, no one gave up seat to me. when i saw pple getting up from the priority seat, i took over, pple stared at me as if im hungry for seats!

Sunflower
when u stand right, try to pop your tummy out more la. haha..
i also got sits most of the time. hehehe..
but of course, sometimes u can see ppl pretending to be asleep. haa..

RE : Tummy big for #2
hey.. actually our tummy will be bigger than the first 1. its a normal thing.
no. 2 tummy will be bigger than no. 1 and no. 3 will be bigger than no. 2

RE: Weight Gain
any mummies gaining weight?
i have gained almost 2.5kgs over these few weeks.
go download this apps and put in weight, they said excessive weight gain. what should i do???
cant even cut down on food now. hungry will gag.

@sbb: from the handbook which i got from Health promo board:

BMI (pre-pregnancy):

18.5 - 24.9 = recommendable weight gain 11.3 - 15.9kg

25.0 - 29.9 = recommendable weight gain 6.8 - 11.3 kg

>30 = recommendable weight 5.0 - 9.1 kg

so i see the above g/line and roughly calculate how much to put on initial stages.. lol

sbb, ya my tummy is much bigger now than compared with #1. i think the size now at 10weeks is same size as my #1 when 17 weeks. just went to compare the pics i took last time. keke..

i had lost weight cos i haven't been eating well. hope my appetite will get better soon.

me :) i gain weight. if you're pregnant , dont even think of losing weight , just let it be . once you're in labour and after giving birth , you can start to think of ways to lose your weight . right now baby's health is more important than your figure.
happy.gif

Hi, I'm new here. Been a silent reader for a while. Expecting #2 now. Edd should be 24 March. May I join the discussion?

Re: Big tummy for #2
I got the seat almost all the time since 7 weeks! You can imagine how big my tummy is!!!

Re: Weight gain
I gained 19kg for #1. So far not gaining yet.

Re: CL
Have all mummies here engaged CL yet? What's the market rate now?

Jessi
me too. haha.. my tummy like so big.
my hubby was asking yesterday night, how come your tummy so big. i got to apply some creams already cos got rashes liao le.

Angie
ya i kw. i can let go my weight freely actually cos i actually underweight. my last preg, 1st trimester was losing weight due to vomitting and unable to eat.

Jolz
i can eat a lot than. cos my bmi was around 18.5-19 like that. haha.. alamak. my last preg, i gain 12kgs.

@sbb: ok leh! 12kg is acceptable range for your BMI..

i got a gf whom put on 20kg, cos she's a big durian lover. but she was telling me it runs in the family, all her siblings put on ard the same weight as she did.. dont know how true.

jolz, i also put on almost 20kg for my #1 cos i ate alot durian too :p kept having durian cravings. but my gal was only 2.95kg.. took me 3 yrs to go back to my pre-preg weight.. lol... this time i'm trying not to pile up so much weight :p

@jessi : wah! the power of durians. =p my gf's bb girl was 3.9kg. ~

i wonder when taka mooncake fair will commence, got craving for durian mooncakes these days.. haha..

sunflwoer: u never try the method i watapps u tat time and tell u a lady? hahaha...
duno leh, so far when i stand they will auto give me seats.. but of coz this few days lucky lah. last week i stand all the way leh...

maybe u start to wear maternity dress more obvious?

re: weight gain
i gain 20kg for #1 but mostly because of water retainsion was v bad and after birth around 2 months have lose everything.
ive so far lost only 700g. wanna gain less then 15kg because already borderline overweight >.<

lovebyte
i now 10 weeks but MS seems to b worst! this morning vomited out yellow juice again. duno when will feel better.

Re : 胎毒
i don't kw if anybody heard of this word.
i got friends into energy therpy sugguest don't eat durains during pregnancy.
they were telling me durains cause a lot of 胎毒 which will affect bb health. they were telling me bb will easily get sick. further more, durains of this time if not like last time has less toxic.

im a huge fan of durains so can someone tell me who ate a lot of durains during pregnancy, does your child easily get sick?

Hi guys! Im 12 wks preg n due 11 march. Nw at kkh bt thinking of moving to tmc as my gynae frm first preg is full alrdy...bohoo!!!!

Im still having terrible ms!!!! I was down with fever n flu last wk...combined with ms......it sucks to b me. My ms last the whole day...its worst when im hungry...bt im always hungry!

My tummy can alrdy been seen...so aweful!

I tried yuzu juice and orange juice which worked for a short time only.

Juz checking, does anyone of u have low bp? Mine. Is 88/56 n its making me faint very often....any suggestions?

hihi:
re cl: i think market rate is 2.2 to 2.4 k depending if it is cny period

re: baby scans. u heard anyone whose got gender guess wrong? u/s says gal, then turns out to be boy and vice versa?

sbb, i dunno about 胎毒 if eat durians leh.. that time is cos my #1 very small size then alot ppl told me to eat durians. then once eat liao, kept having cravings for it. but looks like i was the one who got fat and not bb. hehehe.. so far she is ok, don't really get sick very often.

Its really not wise to work during pregnancy, flare up easily n get affected n angry easily, make more enemies... Haha. Sigh.... Hw i wish we do not ve to work when preg.

胎毒, does it apply for seafood also? I'm a seafood lover, sure cannot tahan not eatg. As long as properly cooked can eat right. I knw sharksfin, swordfish cannot eat lah. But crabs, prawn, clams, scallop all can right?

at the first tri scan, the sonographer says can tell gender at 80% accuracy..she said it is a gal for me..haha
think both boys and gals have a nub, but the angle of the dangle -nub will indicate which gender. u heard of that? this is my #2. ...so i hope to have a diff gender

Jessi / Celtbaby
Just now i go and have some read up on 胎毒.
they said cantonese knows about this stuff. they said it can meant rashes, crying, discomfort, sickness, jaundice and etc. all this are 胎毒.
it is pass down from mother body to bb. oh oh..

for seafood i not so sure leh. cos im a vegetarian!! haha.. but i kw old folks said crab don eat and also some seafood got high mercury which is not good for bb.

I just came back from my Oscar scan. The sonographer told me Oscar scan is not to tell gender so she refused to check the gender for me. Guess I gotta wait till my next Gynae visit to know the gender. Sobs.

Re. Durian.. I always tot it's very good for preggy to take durian? I have heard of cases where my friends and cousin ate alot of crab during their pregnancies and their children have skin allergies or break out into rashes easily. So I'm avoiding crabs. Can't bear to ditch my fave sashimi though.

Nobody gave up seats for me.. Guess I still look fat instead of preg LOL.

Oh no, i cant do without crabs.. maybe eat once or twice? Not too often? sashimi i also tryg to control, so far nver eat since i know im preg....

I think most stuff can eat but not too much?

RE: 胎毒

i came from pure canto family..went to ask my mum abt it. based on her recollections of what my granny told her, 胎毒 will cause bb having rashes/skin issues.. not necessary its heaty stuff like durian that will trigger 胎毒...

RE: FB March Grp

hello berrydelight! not sure if you receive my PM, anyway i just posted my fb email, easier:

email: [email protected]

mummies feel free to add me too!
happy.gif

@sbb : i heard from my friend she ate alot durians during pregnancy. there's a saying baby will have alot of hair? her baby 4.185 kg super cute n chubby with lots of hair.

i also like to eat durian! and i wanna eat to make feed bb. is it right?

@watertap: nobody gave up seats to me! but so far i always chiong for the seat! hahah..
anyway vvvvv angry n upset today with this man who blocked my way in the train. stand so close to me that i try to avoid if not my backside will touch him alr! and bcos of that my tummy bump into the side steel railing. i was fuming mad when i got off train. complained to my hubby
sad.gif
((((((

oh ya may i ask u all... my hubby bought alot birdnest for me. but i'm not sure if i can eat? althoughnow coming 13 weeks. how ah??? how regular should i eat? i dont wanna disappoint him leh. he buy so much

Hey babydreamy,

When someone stand too close to on the train, I will flick my long hair on the person's face so s/he doesn't breathe down my neck. If Backface I will put my bag in between me and the person so I won't be touching them. Daily mrt woes huh! Take mrt always have stories to tell. LOL.

I took bird best throughout my pregnancy I think even before 3 mOnths.. Hmm my MIL will cook once or at most twice a week.
My boy turn out to be very fair!!! Dunno is it coz I'm fair by nature but he's fairer than normal. I think the bird nest played a part so if this time is a boy, I won't take so much bird nest.. Haha.

watertap and jolz, added liaoz...

celt, u pm me liao ah?

pprincessbaobei, blessbaby, skiptomylou, PAISEH!!! i just realized alot of emails went to my junk folder thus i just saw ur requests to be added to fb!! i tried adding but can't find u gals on fb... can u gals add me instead? i pm u my email address liaoz..

if i missed out anyone, can pm me again? i will check my junk mail this time round....

apologies.....

and also.. are there any gals that i have already added u on fb but not into the group? the fb notification not working well, i might have missed out ur names.. do message me in fb and i will add immediately k?

Babydreamy
My friend eat once a week she say once a week is OK. Then now she v yaya say sian Of bird nest liao. Haha.

Berrydelight
Saw your pm and added u alrrady! I'm mrs lynn teo in fb

Good news mummies!!!!
I managed to ask sponsors if they could do a special for us! For the pregnacy talk Tom at mbs 3-5pm. There's talk on overall wellness of pregnacy by dr, breasts reding my mrs Wong and goodie bags. The fees are 10 dollars but if I can get 20 participants they can give motherhood forum group at 5 dollars, any one wants to go? Let make this our first mass gathering hahaha
Can u email me ur name, hp, email n I/c to secure the registration by 4pm today?
My emal is [email protected]

Berry! I got ur email sent invite ;) hahah I am excited to see u all in Fb can put the nick to thr face ;)

Re bb weight
I am quite scared of big bb lei then our wound will be bigger ....

Re our weight
Wah I am super stress of weight gain, and I just dun get it why after all the Mormon sickness I m still 1 kg heavier ;( I still have 2kg left over sigh!

Re mood
Ya I am in a horrible mood! I told my mother I just can't stand the face of my poor mil who is harmless sweet n super nice to me. I seriously wonder is it hormoze or just me finding an excuse to show temper

Cravings
Anyone has? I have none n my morning sickness like tailing off so kinda worried too why is it tailing off suddenly

Happymum: I always hv craving even b4 preg so I also don't knw my craving is due preg or norms lol..

I went gynae when I was 5 week n already gained a kg then my gynae told me to control or else bb too big. I'm nw 12 weeks but my Sis said I look like 4 months lol.. But this my 1st child.

For me, I jus hate e bloating, fatigue n frequent (abt 2 times) midnight Toilet trips .. I hv gastric so mb nw worst.

Hi mummies,
Just visited doc at clinic. Now eating lunch than going for the Oscar scan. Doc told me I'm already 12 weeks but my records shows actually I'm 11 weeks. Few more days earlier. ha..

Babydreamy
I think whatever we eat should be moderate? Not too much or not many. Ha....

Birdnest can eat la. Once a week lor. With wolfberries and pao sheng.

Watertap
My son is also very fair. Ha...and fairier than me. I thought its the soya bean. Ha..

Re: dreams
I dreamt I was carrying a baby girl yesterday night!! Although that's not on baby. What's this suppose to mean?

Back