(2013/02) Feb 2013

Jasline, thanks for sharing. I am eating, or rather snacking, every 2-3hours. But the moment i finish, i feel nausea again. Argh... Find it hard to concentrate at work coz of the 郁闷 feeling.

Jasline,
i kw medela mini electric is lousy, but what is weak dual medela, i'm curious? i thou all dual medela are good & powerful? Yes, i agree medela PISA is good. gg to get that too
happy.gif
try getting from US, cheaper.

Re:confinement,
i wake up twice at night to pump, but stopped night pumpin when back to work. last pump 12pm, 1st pump 6am. Then after confinement, i still drink chicken essence once a wk to "bu". Drink wine too during confinement, it helps to strengthen body. i rem still washing pumpin parts in the middle of night & sterilise them, very tiring but this time i'm gg to put in fridge & reuse again. Then wash after few uses.
my body feel the same as b4 preg.
i guess a good confinement means other than feeding baby, all other things leave to others. Rest & sleep as much as u can. avoid watching TV & go on net.

I have spotting last sat so visit gynae in advance of appt. Can see sac & he told me everything is ok, even told me can still eat little sashimi & drink max 1 cup coffee/ coke. Was surprised to hear that can still eat sashimi!

DHM/ miracle,
do u pay more consultaton fee for multiple preg?

Angie,
I had brownish pinkish spotting for 3/4days, on n off, till got reddish blood discharge b4 I rush myself down to clinic. I went for jab n scan. It happened in btw my 2wk scan, n I insist to go for my original appt schedule the following week. Tho dr say no need.

Dramaqueenie,
Thk u for sharing... Really appreciate that...
It must hv been hard on both of u during that x.
The one that is here now will be a sticky one!!!!

My gynae is against traveling out of Sg cos he said I v high risk. Even road trip to Msia, he is ok but advised to hv many stops in btw.

Kimberly,
Consultation fee is the same but the scan is classified 'Complex', which cost more than a simple scan. Not sure all pregnancy scan same price cos I din ask.. Come to think of it, I shd hv asked. Thks for the reminder, ha!!

Re: MS
My queasiness only come when I'm hungry n I pop Halls Vit C orange flavor sweet to curb b4 I could find my food.
Then the feeling bk again in the night n I brush my teeth to curb it
happy.gif

Re: herbs

Mummies, dang GUI is a no no throughout the pregnancy... So avoid taking it... I was freaked out when my mil added it into soup... Old ppl always tot it's good for us... So mummies, if u come across soup that got herb smell, then better ask what is inside the soup

thanks dhm,
am praying that this beanie is here to stay.
happy.gif

hmmm... think i'm prob e oldest mom here. am alr 36. got hitched only at 33, gave birth to #1 & #2 at 34 & 35 respectively. haha, will still be 36 when #3 comes out cos my bdae falls on 2nd day of CNY next yr & i'll very likely hv my c-sect ard mid-late jan.
happy.gif
actually alr par tor w hb abt 7yrs before we settled down. i wasnt very keen in marriage & children back then so dragged till so long. on hindsight if i knew i'll be a mom of 3 some day (totally unthinkable to me then), will prob get hitched in my 20s. oh well...

re. MS, think by many mommies standards, mine are considered pretty mild for my 1st first pregnancies. even for this round, maybe its the peak period now, so did feel a bit more xin ku with e nausea but i think also nothing to really cry abt. i dun hv any particular cravings for all my pregnancies (not even sure how cravings actually felt like) nor any adverse change in tastebuds. food that i loved in the past, i still enjoy them alot & those i dun fancy previously, i still hv no interest. haha.

so i was hoping maybe its the same gender as my previous 2 gals. but apparently the chinese calendar states its a boy for me. hb will be overjoyed then. anyway, we shall see
happy.gif

Dramaqueenie,
I'm same age as u...
But u r better, oredi a mummy! U v good leh! 1 year 1 baby! V v close gap.
I'm only a MTB , hee... I'm shd b gg for C-sect this end Dec, I'm still 36, ha!!!

I feel like walking in to kk for a scan. Why? Coz I don't have ms and I want to know that baby is fine.. Is my thought any wrong? I'm confused .. My next scan is only on the 19th.. Seems so far.

BabyG, I'm okay. Still battling MS. Some days are better than others.

Dun get too worried okay? You're prob just one of those lucky ladies who don't experience much MS. Remember that your hCG levels were good!

saw & added u eunice~~ there's another 2 lady that added mi on fb too.. i added to the grp too... kindly introduce urself there~~

dhm,
ya, my relatives & frens were commenting that i'm productive. lol. u're carrying triplets at one go but only need to go thru 1 pregnancy so that's cool too.
happy.gif
let's jyjy together lah.

bbgalore,
have u had any scans done before? how many wks are u in now? i dun hv gd experiences with kkh for #2 & current pregnancy. my sil too.

she had acute pains in her tummy one night when she was newly pregnant so was rushed to kkh. there, e doc could not find a sac too & immed diagnosed her case as ectopic even though she is not bleeding. they immed want to schedule her for a D&C that very night. perhaps, my mil is looking out for her & her little one fr abv so just before the ops took place, another senior doc came & said that her diagnosis isnt conclusive enough for the D&C & sent her for a detailed pelvis scan. this time round, they managed to find the sac & yolk. my sil is 5mths+ preggie now, can u imagine if they had taken that little beanie away w/o further intervention??

my pt is if u dun feel unwell, had no major cramps & bleeding fr below, u may want to wait till ur own scheduled scan. sometimes at kkh, they give u heart attacks more than they give u reassurance. just sharing my 2cts worth lah. u can read more abt my bad experience with kkh if u scrolled up further.

that said, if u really felt uneasy like i did when i had my twins then go with ur instinct. pray all is well with ur beanie.

Angel, I should be 8 weeks plus today. My last scan was last week. Saw baby's heart beat.

I only started to feel alil panicky after reading ur post .. I never had ms from the beginning..

I'm a strong believer that we should not second guess god's work but it's only easy to preach.. Oh well, I will wait and see what my hubby thinks and take his advise too.

bbgalore, oh dear, sorry din know its my post that caused panic to u or other mommies!

if u nvr had MS to begin with, i think all is well in ur case cos not all mtbs will experience MS. its a diff story if u had some form of MS only to hv it disappeared out of the blue.

pls do not panic too if u're reaching the end of 1st tri becos MS usually tapered down fr wk10 onwards.

if u hv alr seen bb heartbeats then just hv faith that all is gd. i read that when heartbeats are detected, there are more than 95% probability of pregnancy progressing successfully. do not let the remaining 5% like my case, made u feel otherwise.

So irritated by the construction opp my Plc! Woken up by the pounding..
Feel like moving to my mum Plc n stayed.. Think fengshui oso say sthg abt 动土... Shd I b pantang over this??? Hmmmm...

BabyG,
U juz did scan last week right? Everything is ok?
As long u dun hv bleeding, spotting, cramp, pain. Think bb is doing fine. Do u hv funny 6th sense feeling lately beside no MS?
Not all mummies hv MS, all pregnancies r different..
U shd b fine... Dun scare yrself, k?

Angel ... i aso worried nw.. coz my nausea like went away..only still bloat.. nausea only if i am hungry then have.. aft tat ok already.. i hvnt heard bb heartbeat yet.. nxt wk then scan..

maybe i'm just scaring myself..

bbdino,
yup u're just scaring urself lah. if u still hv nausea when u feel hungry then it has not completely disappeared right? prob ur MS is just tapering off now that u r approaching the end of 1st tri.

so just relax & stay happy ya. all will be fine.
happy.gif

Dhm, has ur spotting stopped? My gynae said multiples tend to spot more than singletons. I was put on bed rest last week because of that. Think if possible, rest as much as you can.

Kimberly, i am still paying the same, but like what dhm mentioned, doc just classify me under high risk so more frequent checks. Either every 2 or 3 weeks.

I shld be approaching 8 weeks nxt wk.. lol i used to feel nausea, bloat & indigested all the time, hungry or not.. so nw no more abit like dunno wat happened.. lol

I also thought my MS suddenly disappeared and scare myself... But i end up puking my lunch out within 1 hr of eating it... So i guess my MS is back again
sad.gif
haha!

Miracle,
How r u?? Was wondering where were u!
My dark colored spotting stopped. I only hv some light tea colored dc if I walked too much. And if i walked too much, I will feel breathless n palpitation. Think it's a warning for me not to walk. I can't even go market which is opp my plc without feeling breathless!

My Utrogestan has made me drowsy so it actually forced me to rest.
Yes, I've stopped doing my house cleaning but still doing some light cooking.

How abt yrs? Hv yrs stopped?

Hi dhm, hahah.. Had been lazy to post here. I'm same as you, if I walk too much, i will have tea coloured discharge. For me if I walk too much I will feel faint so I must quickly sit down. Do u have any bad morning sickness? I don't really have any nausea but just certain food aversions. Lol. When is ur next scan ah?

Miracle,
I v pantang.. Cannot say anything abt MS ;)
I hv alot of junk food craving! Like luncheon meat, fried chicken, curry puff. Juz now, I even can smell vanilla ice cream! Sthg that I dun even touch b4!
Of cos nvr satisfy my cravings lah, only can think. My DH dun want help me buy
sad.gif

That day I went market n buy char beehoon with luncheon meat, ha! The feeling aft eating its like, 'huh, not as shiok as I think'... Then shortly aft, my tea colored dc came, sigh.. Not worth the risk, haha!!!!
My nx scan v long, 20 Jul...
Ya, beta dun run abt. Wat's yr Utrogestan dosage like? Mine is 6 tabs everyday! I spread out n take, if not v v drowsy...

Hi all

Woh the link takes me 2days to complete

1st preg after 13yrs, having been spotting since 5 weeks + 1 bleeding, currently 8 weeks, anyone has good suggestion for stopping the spotting, my skin getting itcy with the pad.

Thanks a lot

Lookingfwd,
Better get yr dr to see u n give jab n give med support.
No strenuous activities, no carrying of heavy stuffs, no housework, no walking about in long distance. No BD too.
Rest more..
Basically like what my DH said, juz sit there n look fat, dumb n happy.. V mean hoh... But quite true..

Dhm, i am taking Duphaston. 3x a day. Lol.. I agree certain foods don't taste as shiok now. Hehe, feel very cheated after eating. My next scan is on the 16th. I wish we can bring forward leh. Always look forward to scan days!

Looking forward, what my gynae asked me to dois bed rest for a week and increased my progesterone dosage. Maybe you should go see your gynae coz bleeding during pregnancy can mean nothing but can also mean otherwise. Better just play safe. Gd luck!

LuvNhope, DHM, thanks, given medicine 3x p/d, only 1 jab during the bleeding.

Miracle, having been resting for 3 weeks already, still spotting, sian ah. Bleeding only 1x it stops, is the spotting that keeps me a bit frustrating.

Looking forward, ur nick is very familiar. Which other threads have u been on?? Are u carrying singleton or multiples? If multiples, more prone to spotting...

Lookingforward, i feel your frustrations. I guess there's nothing much for us to do except to have bed rest. I have been reading on preg books and watching tv to keep me sane. Hope your spotting gets better and stops and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
happy.gif

TGIF, ladies!

I've been looking at oversea spree to place order for fish oil, cos some spree can take up to 6 wks to arrive so by then just in time to start taking fish oil after 1st tri. So much cheaper than to buy it in spore pharma/ thru gynae. Maybe u all shd take a look too. Just a suggestion. Happy friday!

Hi choco, me! I have wet discharges from time to time too. I read about it and it seems it's normal to have it.

Lookgfwd, my spotting stopped. Thank God! Now i feel a bit better about walking around. Yours stopped alrdy?

Hoho... Long time never log in to forum! Getting lazy, since fb is much more accessible.. Hah.

Noknok / Angelyn, hihi! Glad to see other mummies still breastfeeding their #1! My #1 is 18 months now.. 2010 year end bb.. Your kiddos also 2010? I'm also cutting down his nursing sessions.. Now I only nurse him at night, or when we're out and I forgot to bring his milk bottle (not used to packing bottles in his bag.. Hah!).. You gals intend to tandem nurse?

dhm/miracle,
u ladies carrying multiples must take extra care ya cos extra load.

am also on duphaston twice a day fr e very day i knew i was preggie till now. am not bleeding or spotting but think doc gave me cos of my previous mc so also classified as high risk pregnancy bah.

in the initial stage, was taking duphastion 2tabs twice a day for 10 days, after which until now it was 1tab rwice a day. still got a pack left cos kkh really gave me alot. not harm continuing ya? oh ya, was also given a hormone jab on my thigh back then.

will mommies/mtbs here be taking the oscars??

Yes i am seing dr paul tseng. Love him from the moment we talked. Very friendly and put me at ease. very assuring doctor too
happy.gif
Price wise, first visit $250 and 2nd visit at $120. To me, ok pricing. Waiting time not much as he space out his patients.

My oscar test is end of the month and booked.

Hi mummies, it has been a while since i last log in. Had a major scare last week, but thank god, all's well. Gg for my 1st scan next week. Excited yet worried.

As my first scheduled scan is next week, i haven even confirm my edd date!!

Hopefully I will be able to join you gals in the fb secret group with a peace of mind probably when everything is more settled ;) who shd i contact to join?

hi beanbean~~ yeah.. join us soon~~ its exciting over at secret group~~

im still thinkin if i wanna take the oscar scan.. the cost is abit too much~~ now giving birth really is NOT cheap!!

Hi All,

I have pre-loved baby boy and girl items to clear:

1. Mothercare baby car seat @ S$69 (RP$199).
2. New Braun Hand Blender @ S$40 (RP$59).
3. Swimming Tub @ S$40.
4. Medela Mini Electric Breast Pump @ S$80 (RP$ 169).
5. New baby formula bottles @ S$10 for a set of 3 pcs.
6. Piano Musical for Cot/ Floor @ S$10.
7. Musical Toy for Cot @ S$10.
8. ELC Blossomfarm sit me up cosy age 0-12 mths @ S$45 (RP$129).
9. Baby boy and girl cloths.

Interested please SMS 9833 9315.

Thank you!

Back