(2013/02) Feb 2013

Ahhh it was welyn
happy.gif
.. have added you to the group
happy.gif

feeling sooooo super miserable. Though i got to admit this time round my ms is much better than #1, but the constant queasiness, giddiness and heartburn is really making me very terrible. To make things worse, #1 is teething now and she wakes up crying almost every hr for 3 consecutive nites. Arrggghhhh..... such a difficult time now! :`(

Ying, wakes up crying every HOUR for 3 consecutive nights oredi...
sad.gif

Each time i bend over her cot my tummy feels super suan somemore. Srsly, y cant i be like the rest, dunnit to go thru ms to have a healthy n perfect baby?

DHM, rest more and stop thinking of cooking and housework.. Shoo shoo, go to bed! Your body is working triply hard, so get triple the rest!

Glad, I feel you sister! My boy is a nightmare when teething, even when not teething he wakes up every 2-3 hours.. When teething, I macham don't get to sleep at all, the moment I fall asleep, he's screaming again.

Glad, realise I misread your post earlier.. Hah! Anw yah, I go green with envy when my friends tell me they don't have MS..

Re: ML
I have a friend working high up that says longer ML is one of the possibilities in the pipeline, could be up to a year (4 months full pay, 8 months half pay), but of course serious implications, so still works in progress.. Don't expect it to happen in time for our Feb babies.
sad.gif

I actually hope they extend Paternity leave... 3 days is PATHETIC.

Jasline, me not going Jami massage.. I've got good genes (or maybe just a hard life).. Was back in shape within 1 month for my #1 without any massage.. :p

Agree with luvnhope.. Hang in there, mummies.. Once u have ur beautiful bb in ur arms, u won't mind going thru all the ms again.. It's all worth it..

Re; Jamu massage
i want to comment on Jamu massage. It is not only helful for shaping mummies back but most importantly, it can help to push clots out from ur womb, which wld otherwise caused bad cramps for future mensa and/or reduce breastmilk.

woweee one yr maternity leave..
happy.gif

however, on the negative side, think will hear more retrenchments of pregnant ladies..
sad.gif

the jamu massage will also help to 'push' back the womb to the 'correct' place?

MTB & Mummies

Just a quick update, my 2nd blood test result is out and the clinic call to say baby is growing well.

Next Monday we will try to hunt for the sac and hopefully we can find him/her

Another relief but still am worried on the other hand. Have tried to eat as much as possible to let the little one grow so I could see him/her on the next visit.

Thank you mummies and MTB for the encouragement, I will let you all know my update next week
happy.gif

Hmm.. i would hope for more affordable housing, education/child care fees and more subsidy in medical area - be it for general health, chronic diseases or fertility issues.. overall, lower costs of living.. our costs of living quite high..

and of course, more 'protection(s)'for employers of foreign domestic worker..

ops..
sad.gif
greedy me..

i booked mine just few weeks before I popped. recommendations through friends.
some mummies already booked theirs during the first trimester..

More baby bonus will be gd. Childcare n medical all not cheap. Those carrying #1, be prepared to pay n pay in e days to come. The vaccinations itself will burn a big hole in pocket, not forgetting insurance.
Insurance must buy hor, saved our lives when my girl hospitalised twice in e first yr of her life.
Ying, I will be staring at every other preggy woman w a lil boy in my neighbourhood n wondering if it is u. :p
Welyn I will look at e website later. Tks.
Kimberly, I 'fainting' every other day. Dunno if can arrange to get fr u? Is it liquid form? Nice to drink?
Today is a v bad day for me. Vomit, hungry now, dunno wat to eat.

Any one getting breast pump?

Thinking to ask my US colleague to buy from US and bring over for me.

Always regret that I did not invest in a good one during my first birth.

Lynette me too. I just wake up to eat but couldnt eat much then vomit, then always laze on bed n sleep.
I had breast pump but ended using hand instead cos the pump always made my nipple sore

me too, go out for a appointment in the morning only, come back in office after lunch already so tired and wana ZZZz liaoz..
arrgh 2 more hours to knock off!

sayang ann* all will be ok soon~~

silver~ jiayou~~ 2 hrs very fast to pass de... keep talkin here.. or on the secret grp... keke

Hi Ladies, sorry ah ! too busy and didnt let u girls knw i added u in FB hehe..

my boobs no longer tender and painful since yesterday is that normal? but i still feel sleepy . im also no longer so thirsty .sigh..i wonder if evrything is ok inside
sad.gif

when i had my number 1, i didnt have any MS or special craving ..i think sipping water thru out the day helps prevention of MS
happy.gif

Thanks Lynette.
Yes silver hang in there.
Btw, do u gals feel that ur tummy area r stretching? Like something pulling..? Have this feeling since last night, quite uncomfy.

my bottoms r all getting v tight too, cant zip up all the way. But when i weigh myself, i actually lost 0.5kg. SO i guess it muz be all dat undigested food/ gas in the bloated tummy....

Feeling sooooooooo miserable!!!

Oh is it. Hee. I think I still the same or maybe lose weight cos not eating much.
Btw, how do u gals get rid of the metallic taste in ur mouth?

I aso think that i put on weight.. i dun dare to weigh.. my tummy so big now whn i only 6wks.. & my butts n thighs like bloated up as well.. dunno is it jz bloat & gas or water retention as well..

Jasline,
wow so fast started to look at breastpump. which one did u use for #1? i used ameda for #1. regretted cos i heard medela PISA is more powerful so this time round gonna get medela PISA. ya, from USA cheaper. some oversea spree stopped taking order cos some website very strict, do not allowed international shipping so as not to affect local medela. i will prob ask colleague to get me USA medela when she go there end of year

Ann,
wow use hand to express. peifu.

same here... my tummy's quite big too!

1.5 hrs more to my knock off time n i'm off for a week break! Juz cant wait to laze in bed all day for one week!!!

Kimberly, it's not bad to use hand. At first it's tiring, after a while, just got used to it. For me, it's faster n less painful as compared to pump. Hee

When pregnant with eldest, I was more or less the same as before. This time ard, it's extreme hunger, extreme fatigue and extreme weight gain (4kg extra at 7 weeks). Like trying to "pay back" for eldest. Haha! But I'm afraid about having problem going back to pre-pregnancy figure if this goes on.

Anyway...

How high is the failure rate of meds given to "strengthen" a pregnancy? The spotting and pain happened again on day 2 of taking meds but more severe. Can't say don't have enough rest bcos i'm "zombified" by the fatigue and spend most of the time in bed daily. Appetite has also decreased since the 1st "episode". Any advice?

Hi Jessica, if you are spotting more and accompanied with cramps, you should see ur gynae asap or walk in straight to kkh 24 hrs o&g clinic.

Kimberly I used Avent manual for two days and then single Medela pump and a weak dual Medela pump which my friend lent me. Not effective and I struggled to produce enough milk.

I used medela pump in style once and it was so effective that it squeezed out twice my normal amount. But that was during a period when I was about to stop.

So this time I will get that again. Very expensive pump.

Fish, if you see a crazy boy running around Northpoint non-stop and tripping over his shoes every 10 steps, that's probably us.. Hah.

Jessica, do call your gynae to get his/her advice.

Re: complexion
Some get bad breakout, some get fantastic complexion when preggy, see Heng suay... Hah.

Re: pump
If want to save money, try to borrow the motor from friend and just buy the spare parts.

Miracle: I hv turned on my pm.

Skin breakout:
I hv it on my forehead. Now it wasn't so bad.

Really can't take it for the bad MS. Plus my #1 having high fever these two days really tired me out. Hopefully first trimester pass soon!

Back