(2013/02) Feb 2013

Hi sfmq, unable to locate you on fb.. maybe you would like to add me instead. [email protected]

bride to be - have sent u a fren request.

Thanks
happy.gif

Hi babydino..tats odd..can you try to add michelle quek then? my profile pic is of e back view of a couple..

if still cannot locate then I will try to add u instead tonight..thanks!!!

sfmq - fb returned alot of results for michelle quek.. I tink i couldnt find u coz u set ur privacy settings.. u try to add me tonite ba
happy.gif

Dear Ladies,

I've received a few friends request on facebook, would appreciate if you could drop me an email as well to let me know that you would like to be added to the group so that I will approve your friend request. Many thanks
happy.gif

Hi all

Just join the forum and my EDD is 22 feb 2013.
Nice knowing all of u..
happy.gif

btw can i check with all e mummies , have u all been to Philips carnival sale before? any gd buy for the milk bottle, teats & breast milk stuff??
dont wan to go all e way there and the price is only few cents diff lor..hehe.
appreciate ur help..

Dear mummies, I'm a reporter from straits times. We're looking to feature a range of mums to be in 2013, for a year-end report. Pls PM me or email me at [email protected] if you don't mind being interviewed? Can also pass the word around, Thanks!

"The bottom line is that childbirth is a huge physical act that involves pain for most who experience it. But the pain of labor, it turns out, is important. It is hormonally tied to healthy labor progress. If you take away the pain, you may take away the progress, which requires intervention that can cause harm (and more pain!). Your doc/friend/mother-in-law may be saying, “Don’t be a hero, get the epidural!” But this isn’t about heroics, this is about protecting your body. It may turn out that after hours of labor and every other trick in the bag, an epidural is just what it takes to facilitate the baby’s debut. But research suggests it’s best left as the serious medical intervention it is — taken when really needed.

That’s not to say that women who shoo away the anaesthesiologist don’t need help getting through the pain — massage, a deep warm tub, a shower, hypnosis, and relaxation techniques can all help. Most importantly, you need to be able to move your body. What you don’t need is to be stuck in a situation with access to none of these options, or in a hospital bed with an electronic fetal monitor tying you down and a Syntocinon drip in your vein. Indeed, if you’re pushed, an epidural may be the only way you can get through it. It’s nonsensical to expect a woman to labor without drugs if she’s strapped flat on her back.

That’s why it’s imperative to line up a supportive provider, (a great idea is to include a doula) and atmosphere before labour starts. Women who get this kind of support are more able to stay upright, active, and in control of pushing, and are more likely to have an uncomplicated birth, an intact, uncut vagina, and a speedy recovery."

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/but-i-want-drugs-drugs-in-labour

Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
Feel more secure and cared for
Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
Have greater success with breastfeeding
Have greater self-confidence
Have less postpartum depression
Have lower incidence of abuse
Taken from: http://www.dona.org/mothers/why_use_a_doula.php

Dear mummies,
I am training to be a doula aka professional labour support. As part of my certification, I am required to attend three births. Below are links, which explain what a doula does and how I can help you have a positive birth experience. Do pm me or email me at [email protected] if you have any queries. Looking forward to hear from you. 
www.drmomma.org/2011/05/what-doulas-do.html
www.drmomma.org/2011/04/5-doula-myths-debunked.html

""Nicole writes,

“I get questions, all the time from friends, friends of friends and even strangers. They want my thoughts about pregnancy, labor and childbirth. I have spent HOURS talking with women providing answers and information they should be able to get from their prenatal provider/birth attendant. I think to myself at the end of those conversations, “Why isn’t she able to get this information from her? If he doesn’t make her feel special, does not answer her questions, and doesn’t agree with her philosophy on childbirth and labor, why on earth is she allowing him to be her birth attendant?!”

When I pose this question to the women themselves, the answers unfortunately never include “Because I did my research and I found him to be the best match for me and my desired childbirth experience.” Most of the answers I receive fall into the four categories below, none of which are good enough reasons alone to choose a prenatal care provider/birth attendant.”

The four categories that Nicole is referring to are:

1) “She delivered my sister/girlfriend.”
2) “She is my gynecologist.”
3) “He is the best/most popular person in area.”
4) “Her office is so close and convenient to my office/house.”

I have to “second that” to every thing that Nicole writes about in her two posts. I too am flabbergasted at how many women spend more time researching a new car, camera, computer, appliance, or handbag purchase than they do researching their care provider or birth options. I am also floored by many of the women I take care of that seem to have NO IDEA how their doctor or midwife actually thinks, feel, and behaves in a labor & delivery setting. One time, and I am not exaggerating, a woman I was assigned to care for looked up at me after a particularly upsetting encounter with her attending obstetrician (he was very rough with her vaginal exam, was down right pissed off that she refused an amniotomy and an epidural, and stormed out of the room) and said, “Wow, I didn’t realize he was so pushy! He was really rude! I don’t know if I want him to deliver my baby!” I was thinking to myself, “HOW in God’s name are you just figuring out now that he is an asshole?!” (Excuse my language but this particular doctor is a high intervention, low patience physician with the stats to prove it, on top of the fact that he treats nurses like his personal empty-headed gophers…ARG!) Turns out the only research she did to find this doctor was that her cousin went to him and was happy with his services since he agreed to induce her early because she was “sick of being pregnant” (her words, not mine).

Of course there is also the lying phenomenon as well and this is one area where I feel the most sympathy for my patients. That’s right ladies…people LIE and I hope that I am not the first person to tell you that doctors and midwives are people too!! That’s why, as Nicole writes, interviewing potential birth attendants and ASKING FOR THEIR STATISTICS is so important. Someone I know ended up switching her birth attendant at 36 weeks along because it had turned out that he flat out lied about his experience and philosophy regarding VBACs (vaginal birth after cesarean). For example, if you have a question about a particular intervention, say episiotomy rate, and the birth attendant you are interviewing either skirts the question or says something vague like, “I only do them when I deem necessary,” I encourage you to ask him for his STATS. You might be surprised at how often he “deems it necessary.” It is also important to note that you cannot make sweeping generalizations about a care provider just by their credentials, that is, not all midwives follow a midwifery model of care and not all obstetricians follow a medical model of care (although by the very nature of their education many of them do). So it is still important to research your birth attendant even if you are planning on choosing a midwife!

Also, I wonder if many women do not research their care providers/birth attendants because they come from generations of women who nodded their heads, smiled, and did exactly everything their doctor told them too regarding their reproductive health. I mean, if a woman’s mother, aunts, and grandmothers didn’t question their doctors, what influence does she have to act any differently? The good news however is that in today’s day in age, unlike our mothers and grandmothers, we have a most wonderful thing called THE INTERNET so you have no excuse."

http://nursingbirth.com/2009/04/26/must-read-blog-“it’s-your-birth-right”/

Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
Feel more secure and cared for
Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
Have greater success with breastfeeding
Have greater self-confidence
Have less postpartum depression
Have lower incidence of abuse
Taken from: http://www.dona.org/mothers/why_use_a_doula.php

Dear mummies,
I am training to be a doula aka professional labour support. As part of my certification, I am required to attend three births. Below are links, which explain what a doula does and how I can help you have a positive birth experience. Do pm me or email me at [email protected] if you have any queries. Looking forward to hear from you. 
www.drmomma.org/2011/05/what-doulas-do.html
www.drmomma.org/2011/04/5-doula-myths-debunked.html

My EDD is on 20 Feb but due to c-sect (from the #1), I will be gg for c-sect again this time.

Date given between 6th to 8th Feb as I have a 'dragon' one.

Hihi baby dino, I've sent you a Friend request and msg via FB. Pls help to add me in the Feb 13 mothers' Group. Thanks! My name is June.

Hi, can please add me into the group? It's my 1st pregnancy and my EDD is on 2nd Feb 2013. I will be going to Mt A and my gynea is Dr CK Tho from London Clinic (Jurong East).

My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Hi mummies, have u all bought your bottles yet? I'm selling the new design avent bottles as I realised I have stocked up Too many. Bottles and teats, will sell them cheaper than what u get in department stores.

Please text me 94759662 okie!

Have any of you soon to be Feb moms tried compression garments? I've been looking around for something for the last few months. So many options, but I've narrowed it down to Wink Shapewear, Medela and Bellefit. Any suggestions? I would like to lose at least 2 pant sizes within 2 months.

I had a friend who used Wink Shapewear and had great results. She lost her pooch after about 6-8 weeks. She said it's really high quality and made of medical grade lycra. She said I could even sleep with it on!

Hi mummies, anyone recently delivered at Mt.Alvernia? We would like to know the traffic or car park condition there. Our gynea is like pushing us to go to TMC because of this issue as there is an on-going renovation there and highlighting the risk to baby if got stucked in it. He is also under TMC but can deliver at Mt A. We've already did a pre-admission to Mt A.

Dear all,

I delievered my baby on Jan 2013 and I had stop breastfeeding due to low supply and due to busy with my #1. I would like to selling away following items. All my breast pump was pretty new as i hardly use it. Please pm me here or call me at 93622319 if you are interested. Thanks

1)Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump (with warranty)
2)Pumpin pal set included:
Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (super shields -M size)
Hand-free Breast Pumping Strap
Air Dry Accessory Bag
3)Avent Manual Breast Pump - SCF 330 (with warranty)
4)Avent Per-sterilized Cup 5pcs & Cup Cover 5pcs (brand new)
5)Avent Ultra Comforatable Breast Shells (hardly use)
6)Pigeon Sillicon Nipple (brand new)
7)Lansinoh 25 pcs milk storage bags (Brand New)
8)Sacred Tea for Nursing Mother 1pack (brand new)
9)Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel 1lite (brand new)
10) RPR Dry Shampoo Powder Spray (brand new)
11) Pureen Sterilising Tablets 56 (brand new)

Hi Mummies

I am a Stay At Home Mum and have a stock of FBM available dated from 17-December 2012. All FBM are packed in milk bags and frozen. As I do not need to return to the workforce and have sufficient supply to meet my baby's feeding needs, I will like to give away my FBM to 1 mummy who is experiencing problems with milk supply or breastfeeding.

180ml x 4 packs (dated 17/12 - 20/12)
210mls x 8 packs (24/12 - 20/2) *No FBM in stored in Jan 2013
280mls x 2 packs (dated 22/12 - 23/12)

Collection at Jurong West St 64 (opposite Jurong Point) within this week at the following timing:
Thursday - Friday: 9am - 9pm
Saturday: 2pm - 4pm
Sunday: 2.30pm - 4pm

Please SMS me at 82512647. I do not come into this forum often, so it would be difficult for me to track the post.

Thank you and have a good day!

hi all, i am jan 13 mummy. posting in this thread as I need some help.

i think my baby has colic because she has been crying at night around the same time. i have done all that i could, get ridwind, fei zai shui, massage, burping, pacifier, etc but it doesn't help. she will keep crying.

help!

Hi mummies, any confinement nanny to intro? Im going to due end of nov so abt 7wks preg now. called 3 CL but all engage.

so if you CL cooks well and not so strict with confinement rules, please let me have their contact.

thanks million!!!

Hi mummies
R u too busy at home n hv no time to go shopping? Why not do online shopping.. I do sell cute bb clothings & products from Fisher price, Lamaze, Popular WINK products for mummy in facebook with great prices.. . Come on in to my fb n shop now.. Is always good to hv another choice to shop.. The reason i create this page as am a twin mummies and know tt saving is very impt for us especially standard living so high now..
Visit www.facebook.com/precioustotcloset today...or search for Precious Tots Closet (bear icon) fr facebook to find out more.
No harm to take alook right?
happy.gif
enjoy your time with your baby..;)

2nd month baby is hard to handle, they tend to cry a lot, even after doing everything. It is a passing phase, and it will pass after a few days or weeks. Slowly, you will know your baby pattern and things will get better. Hang in there mummies!

Hi mummies to be, I'd like to sell 99% good condition baby cot including mattress, bed cover, teething cover and other accessories at $99 only. 
 I am staying in Jurong west and can contact me at 91834477. 
It's quite new n my baby seldom used it. 
The baby cot can be changed to three different height. 
Thanks. 
P:s/ the cot still look likes brand new.it's in white color.

Hello!!
I’d like to sell my girl baby cot that we seldom used. It’s really in good condition. Since she turned 4months, she went overseas. Since then, she is not sleeping in the cot anymore and sleep inside our bed.

I want to sell at $99 including mattress, teething cover, two bed sheets, bed frame cover and all accessories include with the cot. 99% good shape. It’s in white color ;can match with baby boys or girls.
I am selling cuz moving house soon. Pls contact me at 91834477

cleovii (cleovii), chan mei xin mabel (mei_xinn), oinkquack (oinkquack)

I tried to locate you on fb but unable to do so.. Pls add me as friend [email protected] and send me a message on fb so that I know which mummy u are.. Thanks so much
happy.gif

hi babydino, i've been a silent reader, gave birth in Feb this year. Please kindly add me to the FB group,i will PM u my email add. Thanks!

Hi

I have the following brand new items to sell. Please contact [email protected] or 97440444 to quote your price if you are interested.

1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set
1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream
10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz - 1 set
2 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teats
1 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat

Hi all

My second baby died of undetected Congenital heart defects. As we've been away awhile, I'm unfamiliar with KKH health screenings for newborns. Do you know if KKH does Pulse oximetry screening for all newborns and especially for those with siblings with history of congenital heart defects? thx u.

Back