(2013/02) Feb 2013

Thanks godblessmybb for sharing! The babydance is the most interesting one!

Since its the GSS, anyone started buying bb stuff for those having the #1? =)

i am having heart palpitations (not sure what to call that kind of fluttering). is that normal? i think this thread will start to get busy soon!

Theblessedone, u r very welcome dear
happy.gif

Twinkle, I had that last week one of the nights... Heart beat suddenly exceptionally fast n felt Abit breathless... After that one time, no more le...

Anyone have had sudden sharp jabbing pain in abdomen area? I wonder isit because I walked too much today... N can I ask do u gals feel "wet" there ah? (sorry for tmi)

twinkie
i had heart palpitations for one night too. Heart beat very fast. Then woke up from sleep. Other times, it just happens on and off but not bothering me. I heard it's normal due to increase in blood volume and the extra work the heart has to now do.

Thanks Godbless and tiggerbabe. Mine happened in the afternoon and night and it happened around 3-4 times. I can get a bit of low blood sometimes hence a bit worried.

Godbless, no sharp jabbing pains but I have wet feeling below too. so I do go to the toilet a no. of times to check because so scared i am bleeding.

Me too felt abit wet. Is this normal? I dont get very bad cramp but i do feel cramp off and on which are the bearable type. Heard this is normal too. *pray hard*

Well..all pregnancies are different..as it's the first trimester..it's rather tricky and important trimester of all..It's normal to feel on off cramp below tummy as it might due to embryo implantation or simply uterus expanding..just make sure it's not constant pain..

Wetness coz your hormones sending signal to build up walls to protect embryo..it's not nessesary for all mum to be to experience this..

Drink plenty of water..!!

Hilo all MTBs!!

So nice to c more n more MTBs in this thread!

Right now, I'm satisfying my 'iron' craving by indulging my quarter pounder with criss cut fries.. Yummy!

Think I'm getting more n more 'dehydrated', my lips started to cracked. I hv drank 2L of water everyday, n dun think its enuf.
I dun feel 'wet' down there but these few days, my panty liner is stained with tea colored discharge (Sorry, TMI). Abit worried everytime I go pee. Worried to c other color discharge
sad.gif

I oso felt my heart beat v fast whenever I do sthg more than lying down. Seem like a few of us hv this symptom.. Nthg serious I hope...

Am counting down to my nx scan, hopefully can hear heart beats!

Jia you everybody!! N enjoy yr dinner!!

DHM, I slept through my first pregnancy! Haha.. I rmb for the first trimester, all i did was sleep and sleep.. And vomit.. -_-

Silver, i'm pretty much like you, I have long menstrual cycles, last period was end of April.. So I think my EDD should be early Feb.. Agar agar lah.. When bb is bigger, gynae will give a more accurate EDD.

Angeline, my #1 is 17 months now.. Turning 18 months end of this month.
happy.gif

I wanted to go polyclinic to do pregnancy test today but the queue was so long!!! Wanted to be super sure I was pregnant before calling up my gynae.. So far I have no pregnancy symptoms.. During my first pregnancy, I was super tired, had bad MS and no appetite and a super acute sense of smell which made me hate fish.. But right now I have none of these symptoms, zero. Hope the test kit was not pulling a fast one on me.

Hi all! Wow this thread is indeed getting busier.

My #1 is 9 mths old tmr. Yeah, still a baby n here her mummy is preg again! Though I welcome this little surprise but I do wish I can provide a longer undivided attention to my gal b4 I haf #2. DH is extremely happy that his kids r sharing a v close age gap though.

I'll be delivery in gleneagles. Can those who have engaged a confinement nanny share the prices for cny period pls?

Ying: That's good..!! Age gap will be just nice..Tomorrow I'll be going down to polyclinic for pregnancy test just to be sure before i engage my gynae..So far..I've no symptoms too..my first pregnancy no symptoms as well..doing fine throughout the whole process..I even fell asleep during my labor..hahahaha..but the one and only downfall was i'd cyst on my left ovary thus went for an op when i'm 3 mths preggy..so this time round..i just hope all's well and good..

Ying,
Dun mind me asking yr #1 is girl or boy? Cos my tiredness, I can sleep whole day n only wake up for meals. I rem when my fren was pregnant, she oso slept thru'out the day, but can't rem that one was boy or ger... I will ask her again when I pass my 1st trimester. Now can only ask those who r here, heehee...

Angeline,
U went for op when u were in yr 3rd month? U v brave leh.. I had my cysts removed too in 2008. N I dun like the feeling aft that even its a laparoscopic op. I can't imagine how u survived thru with a bb inside u that time!

Theblessedone,
So tempting to buy right?
For me, I dun think I will not buy anything till more cfm. Phobia oredi.. Last x was so excited abt the pregnancy, in the end still CMI. Now I wait till everything smooth smooth then buy. Sorry to dampen yr shopping mood, if I did...

Now, strangely... Fish is sthg I can't stand right now.. Hmm, tot I shd b ok cos was happily eating it during 2WW till first scan. Now I see fish, I run.

Hi angeline, twinkle: thanks for the warm welcome.. I really hope to join this thread soon.. I saw some mummies posted abt been wet and heart beating fast and getting tired easily.. I also do feel wet down there.. Kept thinking could it be af coming or what.. Went to check, was my discharge.. Now keeping finer crossed that af don't report for next 9 months.. I have yet to check.. Worry of being disappointed.. Any mummies felt any backache before testing positive?? Gt some backache in the morning.. Abit scare that it could be pms..
sad.gif
I need lots of baby dust..

DMH: No worries.. There are so many research to be done before buying too.. More excited about the first scan at the end of the month.. =)

So far I dont have any cravings and have not shown any sign of vomiting although I started to feel that there is a weird smell of the fish skin when I had fish for dinner.. I'm keeping my finger crossed that the vomiting will not come.. =X

Shirley: I dont remember having some backache before tested positive. Anyway, I was away in KL for 4 days for my church camp before I came back and tested positive the next day after I came back. Been involved in games n all (without knowing i am pregnant) and had no problem other then feeling tired easily and eat ALOT during the camp.. Lots of baby dust to you! Hope you'll join us soon!

DHM: Yup..went for GA and removed the cyst which is the size of a baseball..am sooooooo worried about my baby..and at that point of time..i'm soooooo grateful we pulled it through..gynae can't conclude if i had the cyst before or after i'm pregnant..so this time round..i'm hoping all's well and good for both of us..

Shirley: I don;t experience any backaches either..but don't worry..all pregnancies will not be the same..each is an unique experience for all special mummies..

Shirley: hmm i dont have backaches. my symptoms before getting my bfp are dozing off repeatedly while at work throughout the day, super a lot of gas esp at night (resulting in dh calling me a farting machine, so paiseh), heart palpitations and very painful boobs. dont worry, babe
happy.gif
everyone's symptoms diff and will kp fingers crossed for you too! hee jus share good news with us when the times comes!

theblessedone: i also intend to buy after passing the trimester period! a bit kiasu i guess.

Angeline: the size of a baseball?! you are really brave like what DMH said. this 2nd preg shall be smooth smooth for you ^^!!

having problems choosing my gynae. either out of my budget or too far from both workplace and home or not so good reviews or i dont agree with their delivery approach! how much should we budget for each check up before signing up package? thanks in advance!

So surprised to find already have thread for Feb 2013...
This morning I confirmed joining the mummies here. Hope to give birth after CNY, if not so BO HUA!

twinkie
most importantly you have to be comfortable with the gynae. What do you mean you don't agree with the delivery approach? Is there any particular approach you are looking at?

Jerbunny: welcome!!! so happy to see more MTBs here to share joy and info.

tiggerbabe: initially wanted dr. paul tseng due to many gd reviews and friend's recommendation from her delivery last year. but after reading up on him, i dont quite like his very pro natural, anti epistomy approach. I suffer from pretty bad hemorrhoids and may choose to go for caesarian. when my mom gave birth to me, her hemmorrhoids worsened and she had to go for a surgery for it soon after. tis is common amongst the women in my family. do you all try out diff gynaes before deciding which you are comfy with?

Twinkle: Thats not brave..I'm left with no choice..haha..the most painful thing will be no painkiller after op..can you imagine the pain..?! My oh my..I felt a burning sensation on the cut..it's like being torn apart alive and left you there to bleed..it's so raw and fresh cut..!! Haha..actually I can take a little painkiller but I chose not coz it won't be good for my baby..Guess that's what mothers are all about..

I do agree with tiggerbabe..what's matter most is how you're comfy with the gynae..do some checking online..choose which hospital you like..and check which gynaes able to deliver at your desire hospital..call up a few to check their rates..compare and measure your budget..always remember..set your first priority right..there won't be a perfect gynae to suit your needs..so measure pros and cons well..each gynae is diff..each with diff skill and mindset..hope you can find one that suits you..remember..you must be comfy yah..

Jerbunny: Welcome..!!! My oh my..more and more..!!

Am going to the polyclinic for a confirmation on my pregnancy..wonder if I'm able to do a blood test now..? Well..have a great day mummies to be..!! Let me catch a few more baby dusts before heading down for the test..hehehe..

twinkie
I went with a recommended gynae by my friend for my #1 and I'm ok with him, so I didn't hunt around for any others. My gynae is a very quiet man so he doesn't offer much info unless I asked. For a first time mummy, I don't even know what to ask haha. But there's advantage also, you don't get stress up for nothing. My gynae is also pro natural, but I ended up emergency C-sect.

I would say most gynae will be pro natural, my friend has a similar problem like you, she suffered hemorrhoids after her first child. And for her #2, she wanted c-sect, but her gynae, a very famous gynae in Mt E, persuaded her to go natural. Fortunately this time, her hemorrhoids got better instead and she didn't need to go under the knife.

tiggerbabe: hmm i tend to prefer a less quiet gynae as i am the kind who needs info, since this is my first time and I have a bit of gan chiong nature. heehee. you mean your friend's second natural birth helped her hemorrhoids problem?

Angeline: Thanks for your advice! i guess the more i 'research' on recommended gynaes, the more i am overwhelmed by the diff info and reviews. probably targetting a mid range gynae cos read more affordable ones have the tendency to be a little too rushed and less thorough.

p/s: will be trying to schedule my first check up next week hence will be taking mc from work. but submitting mc will show i went to a gynae and my colleagues will ask incessantly. how do you all fend off without revealing? cos if go regularly, will sure raise suspicions.

twinkie,
yes, her 2nd natural birth helped her problem. If you want a gynae who is informative, Ann Tan is a good choice. I find her provides lots of info during my detail scan. But she doesn't give me a personal touch. Like very robotic hahaha. Also, her charges is quite ex.

tiggerbabe: eeee robotic. i like personal touch tooo. heard from friends that male gynaes can be better and more gentle than their female counterparts. only one recommended me a female gynae, dr yeo swee choo, but her charges are ex and kinda out of my consideration.

Ying: oh yes i think our edd will be pretty close to each other's?

I'm still spotting brown like after 1 week plus.
Really lucky to have a very good female boss, she saw me looking kinda pale and ask me to go back and rest in bed more, even asking me to work from home for the next 2 days if i'm still spotting.

Gynae did ask me to call him if i'm still spotting after the weekend so he can give me more mc..but i thought if i go work and stay rooted at my seat should be ok?

think to play safe better go home and continue lying on bed hor?

my cramps were better le, was having frequent cramping with spotting last week.

Tiggerbabe: I did 2 home tests 3 days apart..it's positive..buy would like to confirm it with a doctor before heading for my gynae..it's more or less safer..but of coz..up to individual..blood test is simple and common..to test for HIV, HCG level, Rh-negative, Complete blood count, Rubella, Hepatitis B and Syphilis..

Twinkle: Don't fret..don't rush..keke..

Silver: It'll be better for you to rest on bed..reduce your movement..it'll be just the first trimester..don't forget that first trimester is the most tricky one..do some sretching on bed..rest your legs on pillows..

As for experience wise..well..I've no idea either..perhaps through word of mouth..? But do remind that diff ppl have diff requirements from their gynae..I may like this and you may not..most important..be comfy..

Most Gynea offer package after 3rd month of pregnancy at around $600 so or.... that was 2 years ago when I was preg with my 1st child. Not sure about now.

For my Gynea, 2 years ago he charged $600 starting on the 5th month of pregnancy... consider more ex than normal... coz month 3 and 4 you have to pay yourself...

hi angeline..okok will rest on bed and have my legs up for the next 2 days till weekend...tt's what the gyane say also, ask me to reduce movements so he prefer me to stay at home..

Twinkie_joy: oh yes i told her when i was one 2 days mc last week, cos i seldom take mc, abit paiseh so thought better inform her as i need to travel occasionally for my work so she can make plans to take me out of the trips and some events.

i'm quite lucky though she has 2 children herself and is being very nice to ask me to work from home..if i'm worried about work.

hi choco

for now my per gyane visit sets out to average $100++ per visit.
Consultation $60, scanning (investigation) $60
but the last time i went in, he did not charge for consultation cos i was spotting and he considered that to be "emergency" so waived off the consultation

silver: but your boss will keep it to herself right? so nice that she is understanding. i want to take time off from work to go check ups but really dont know how to go about without revealing (cos my boss is the kind who dont like ppl to take mc and will broadcast if i tell her the real reason). any ideas?
sad.gif

Can I ask sthg?

Why pregnant woman is advised not take spicy food or even curry? How abt laksa? Is it sthg to do with coconut?
Can we take Chinese mutton soup? Those type using herbs to cook type.

Thks!!

DHM: my mom told me is cos spicy food aggravate the stomach, make preggy women uncomfortable and can further worsen heartburn (for those who experience it).

DHM
i heard not to take spicy and cold stuff, but for my first pregnancy, I love spicy food and drink cold drinks EVERYDAY. During my 2ww, I also drinks lots of cold pepsi and jasmine green tea... just feel particularly thirsty. To me, everything can eat, but eat in moderation.

The thing about coconut is not that we can't eat, it just that coconut turns bad easily, so it is not safe if you are not sure whether the coconut is fresh or not.

ya, i all along love spicy food and probably wont give it up just because preggy, just probably cut down on my frequency of eating it if i were to experience heardburn.

Oh I c...
Huh.. Then cannot eat laksa n curry chicken n curry rice lor... Still thinking of it this morning then hear someone mentioning preggy cannot eat, but duno why.. Now I know.

Thks for explaining...

Got any pantang stories to share?
I got a Malay fren, she carried a small pair of scissors when she went out while she was preggy the other time. Shd I start taking one too? Can take nail clippers instead of scissors?

Today i went see TCM. He advised me a list of things not to eat during 1st trim that includes bird nest n coconut cos too liang. Dang gui is also a big nono!

For fruits, no starfruits, watermelon etc. Best to eat kiwi, apple and orange
happy.gif

twinkie: actually my whole office knows le..cos we have events and i thought its better to let them know so they wont be thinking why am i not helping to carry heavy stuffs and always sitting down.

hmm understd the kind of boss u have my ex boss also like that one. how about you just apply for half day leave instead for your check up?

oh man as for food i love spicy food. in fact last 2 weeks have been craving for all de spicy food n eating them..heh..

n oh ya i heard not to take tonic, bird nest etc till 2nd trimester.
can we take ice cream? so warm today, i cant resist a stick after lunch.

Haha, TCM doc say avoid dang gui as it would affect hormones. So all the tonic soup avoid even bak kut teh.

No ice strictly he told me too.... Well, Only for 1st trim so i bear.

Orange gd as got vit c
happy.gif
But kiwi best
happy.gif

Haha, i guess dont need follow for everyone cos he mention based on my pulse reading. But guess no harm since our baby is so Precious!

Haha, TCM doc say avoid dang gui as it would affect hormones. So all the tonic soup avoid even bak kut teh.

No ice strictly he told me too.... Well, Only for 1st trim so i bear.

Orange gd as got vit c
happy.gif
But kiwi best
happy.gif

Haha, i guess dont need follow for everyone cos he mention based on my pulse reading. But guess no harm since our baby is so Precious!

silver: you're really open about your pregnancy but i guess you have to cos of the nature of your job. i am a bit pandang as i rather not say during first trimester. actually considered taking half day leave but my boss also reluctant to let us take becos we are shorthanded. i think i will try one time mc / leave and see how it goes and maybe alternate between the two.

Choco: i get my vit C from the dissolving tablets cos oranges give me phlegm too (not just baby)! haha.

Twinkie_joy, how abt going for gynae checks during weekend? like Saturdays.
happy.gif

Spicy food, ice-cream, ice water, i took when i was preggy with #1. no issues. My fren lagi best, she loves curry and took it almost everyday, and chili crabs.. haha.. her boy is ok leh. but really depends on what your gynae says and depends on how comfortable u r...
cos supposedly cannot eat crabs due to pantang.

Soft serve ice-cream like sundaes cannot, i think becos of the raw eggs contents. Normal ice cream ok, but not too much.. Again, up to individual's comfort level.

Mutton soup confirm cannot because cannot eat mutton! Tonic soup like Shi quan cannot.

Like what Tiggerbabe mentioned, eat everything in moderation
happy.gif

Back