(2013/01) Jan 2013

Sharon,
Don't worry you are perfectly normal. Everyone says they experienced the same thing after birth. Come share with us on this forum if you feel troubled. I broke down and called my mum and cried over the phone. Haha got them worried.

Mummies,
Any tips for choosing a stroller? Want to buy a second hand pram and wondering what features to look out for. Does the brand make a big difference to the performance?

Aspialle,
Ya, I also think your maid purposely one! Maybe can try to engage part time cleaner or order tingkat while waiting for new maid to help ease your workload? Hubby can chip in to do some housework too?

Bdmummy, hubby hate tinkat, he also dun like part time cleaner. In the end I suffer, bb dun wan slp at night n I have to go slp less then day time, bathe the two kid/bb, cook, laundry etc

Aspialle,
Hmm, my situation is opp from u. Hubby dun want to get maid, coz will hv loss of privacy, so we hv part time helper to clean the house and with arrival of #2 we just started to order tingkat. #1 still requires our constant attn as he is just turning 3, so we KO at end of the day!

maddog,
i am supporter of maclaren brand. Had 1 maclaren techno XT for my #1. i recently bou another 2nd hand maclaren techno XT for $60! to put in 2 different houses (all working well except handle rubber came off a bit). very good buy. U can go read up more about it. Maclaren had good resale value next time when u wish to rid it too.
happy.gif

Gd morn ladies,

Dr Ang jus called me saying bb's juandice level has gone down to 6.8! She can be discharged le!!

I'm a happy mummy! ;)

Thanks all for the support n encouragement! ;)

Maddog
I like Maclaren techno XT too. It's v lasting. My #1 is already 6 this yr and is still working well for my #2 :D

Jennifer Chng
That's a good news. You can cuddle by again
happy.gif

Aspialle,

Hope ur next maid will be better. I do think ur last maid is purposely! I have a maid too, just came after confinement period, is training her at the meantime, so far she is doing household chores, don't know if she is able to take care of baby or not. So now, me and my hubby are the ones that taking care of baby. My hubby helps to do the nite milk feeds.

Thank you Sylvia. I feel much better after cried out last night to my husband. n today i am a gold fish
happy.gif
Hope i will get it over this stage soon. Ya you are right as long my bb is healthy i should feel happy and contented
happy.gif
Lets Jia you all mum..

Jus had a newborn photography shoot for my boy. Who said newborn is sleepy and can slp thru many things. He was wakeful and crying throughout the 3hr photo session. Luckily the photographer is super patient. The whole family and even the CL was shagged out aft the shoot cos everyone was pacifying the baby.

Sharon
nt a prob!
happy.gif
though crying is forbidden during confinement, it is a good way to release stress & whatever.
happy.gif

Stroller

to me... brand is just a brand, price & function more impt plus light weight.

Cant be carrying a bb with a super heavy stroller, will die or become macho mum! LOL!!

My bb having pattern these few days, awake from 2 to 5 am and I can't sleep. This morning bb vomited milk, ask hubby to help as bb vomit till my whole body also have. He came to peep then go back to slp without helping.. So mad, I have been doing night feeding alone, now with no maid, day time also need to do homework with my p1 son, cook, bathe them etc its like 24 hrs standby, ask him to help a bit only like so diff

Hugs aspialle.. Think u need to talk to ur hubby separately on these issues.. All these works are too taxing already..

Hi aspialle,

My baby she cries at the middle of nite, 2 or 3 am. She cries quite loud, so my hubby also wake up and feed her. Then go back to sleep. Any mummies' baby can skip the need feed, any advice on this?

Aspialle: hug hug!! Talk to ur hubby!! Yest hubby oso complain say very tired, alot of things to do blah blah.. So i juz tell him, u wanna change wif me? I go work than u stay hm take care bb n do chores? Than he keep quiet liao.. They never know how much we actualli do at hm when they're at work. Tink we on ML is reli on leave so shiok.. U gotta let him know.. Like yest, bb oso vomitted on me, hubby 1st reaction when i said bb vomitted was 'so?' So i said carry her la, coz vomitted on me.. Than he 'orh!!' Than come carry. Sometimes dono is real blur or fake blur, bt juz be straight n tell them wat u want them to do.. Bt i'm thankful tat at least my hubby will do wat i tell him to do, esp when i'm carrying bb. Coz sometimes when i settle my #1, he oso cannot handle a crying bb so he will change wif me, tat is he settle #1 and i settle bb. Need to work hand-in-hand. Jiayou!!

Aspialle

hug!
I think most hub are the same. hub complaining very tired but only help to bath kid & bb, hang laundry & at night wash my pots & pans... the rest I do when I am still doing confinement.

But still sometimes with alittle help better than nothing, u can ask him or share what u r feeling & let him get involved. men to being father again... sometimes abit slow as they dun feel the 9mth activities on them.

Karbear

tingkat for normal food?
actually all are the same after a while. :p but there's a few without msg and healthier. I hv to go n chk as I order 1st 6mths with diff co then.

come in & greet early!

Huat ah!!
Happy SNAKE NEW YEAR!!
恭喜发财!身体健康!万事如意!年年吃蛇!!哈哈大笑!

Karbear,
I also just tarted to order tingkat after my confinement ended. Have had dinner for 2pax w Kim's Kitchen so far - no harm trying them out coz they hv promo now 2 pax w/o rice at $40, w rice at $43 for 5 days. Can extend another 5 days if u like them. So far did the food not bad, still quite value for $. IMO I u dun fancy soup, better to choose 4 dishes instead of 3 dishes + 1 soup. Surprisingly my 3yo boy finished his dinner w no fuss lei!
happy.gif
will prob try to order from Select next.

Dear all thanks for concerns,
Hubby always think if other people are also looking after 2 to 3 kids without maid, I can do the same. I am like super woman to him, these few days I'm sleeping 2 to 3 hrs only and need to prepare my son for Sch in morning , aftern settle laundry n housework. Like today, he will just sleep no matter what becos he is tired although he works half day.. I'm also v tired leh but I still have to do night feeds alone.

He will kind of "chase" all my maid away..he still prefer I "Bao" everything. He knows I'm v tired but no avail... His mum brought them up this way he expects the same, more old pattern type

Aspialle, seems like your hubby and my hubby think the same way.. My mil also brought them (3 children) up w/o any help etc.. He expects me to be the same too.. I told him straight off 9 years ago that I am not his mother.. What he needs is a maid and not a wife.. :p I'm very firm on this and told him I expect him to help out..

Even till now, I told him what I can do 9 and 8 years ago, does not mean I can do the same now.. Age and stamina do play a part.. Perhaps you should seriously have a face to face talk with your hubby on this matter.. Otherwise, u'll soon collapse from all these..

Aspialle,
Hugs gal....
I think the level of care and what we do in taking care of kids now versus our parents time is very different - times have changed and am sure last time they more shui bian and chin chye. last time may hv help from other relatives or elders too coz more stay together under one roof. At the rate u are going, you are already so tired and having little rest, not sustainable wor. If it was me, I will hv given my hubby an ultimatum to make some difficult choices between maid, part time helper, or he really has to chip in and do his fair share etc. Praying things will work our for u.... Take care!

Today, from the time I wake up, I'm busy preparing things to bring as we are going mil hse for reunion lunch. I also have to prepare breakfast for my elder son, bathe him, bathe bb, steam bottles etc my hubby dun need to do anything, just change clothes and tell me can go already. I need him to rotate with me, I can't possibly throw my son with bb unattended n I go and bathe. He question me, I though u shld bathe the first thing u wake up, he sounds like talking to maid. It's her schedule to wake up and bathe first.

Next thing, if he understand its really tiring to do night feeds, he won't go mil hse like whole day affair, go in morn, stay there for lunch then both father and son sit there play iPad and phone, leaving me sitting like idiot. Told him we haven buy new year goodies and i haven buy new year clothes, i dont tink he treat it seriously. Sit there drag until 4 plus then say go ntuc when it's so crowded and many things ran out already. I'm so pissed off. Feeling tired , engorged, mad ....

Aspialle,
With CNY and all the visiting etc a lot more things to do, so will be harder on u than usual, hang in there gal! And after this festive season, as what Joey suggested, do hv a good talk w your hubby. maybe he does not even realise the hard time u r having juggling everything - let him know he has to help out (be specific on which areas) and also show more appreciation for what u are doing (that matters a lot!) and be more understanding. Hugs!

Hugs Aspialle! With the baby, I did not even get the chance to do spring cleaning.. Not intending to go house visiting too.. :p ya, do have a good talk with your hubby after the festive season.. I remembered I juggled between housework, studies and 2 children till I could not take it. I blacked out while moping the floor and fractured my toe.. Was on cast and crutches.. Everything was on hubby and only then did he realize the seriousness of the matter.. Thereafter, we got a part time helper and it did help in relieving the stress..

Joey
Wonder how u manage 3 kids.

I really end up did not get any new clothes and all my prenatal clothes still cannot fit in yet, worst come to worst wear maternity clothes

Aspialle, haha.. My hubby is very hands on now.. :p he will help take care of the children and even help out with the housework.. Though he has to work late sometimes, I'm very glad he also helps with the night feeding of the baby occasionally, so as to let me rest.. He's the one that makes sure the children did their homework.. But, we know we have little time to help in the schoolwork, we engaged tutor for #1 and #2.. Also, my MIL helps me to take care of the 3 children after my maternity leaves.. Relieved some of the stress during weekdays (though we will have to take care of them on our own during weekends)..

I did not buy any new year clothes too.. Just wear my prenatal clothes (though still a bit tight). It does not matter since I'm not going for any house visiting.. ;p

Happy New Year to all Mummies n babies.

Aspialle,
Hugs! Will you be getting a New maid son? I alao handling 3 kids without a maid. Sleep less than 4-5 hr a night though my boy sleep through the night since 3 weeks old except during growth spurt. Hang in there, just keep telling yourself that things will be easier each day.

It has been so long since I logged in to SMH!

Happy CNY to all Mommies!!

Canopyhaze, please help me update

My bb gal was delivered on 21 Jan 13, natural birth.
Weight: 2.9kg
Name: Arissa
Hospital: Mt A
Gynae: Dr Chen Lin Han

Happy Chinese New Year...to all mummies here.

Aspialle - seriously, no joke if you dun get help soon. I have 2 helpers and 3 kids (1 of whom is really active) - and I am still busy whole day and night..and taking care of baby myself at night. Very tired also, cos my second son is so clingy..! My older boy is also at that age that he needs me in his sch work and he likes to talk to me...Explain to your hubby..perhaps sit down and have a good talk when you both have a moment.

Joey/ BBlove - yes..things will get easier. The first one year is the toughest..but such a joy to see the little one grow each day.

Chin
Yesterday my hubby tried night feeding and he KO liao, he knows its not easy when bb tends to be awake n refused to slp. My elder son v clingy to me. I'm training him to bathe himself as he is already p1, whenever I'm busy, he would want my attention, I feel guilty at times if I shout at him cos I'm running short of time to do a lot of stuff..

Discussed with hubby but he is really not v keen to get another maid, he is one who likes freedom at home if there is no 3rd party at home. Like u say no joke, I seems to be doing everything alone, if need to go out, I look like a busy crazy woman. Preparing items, doing breakfast, do fast laundry, bathe bb n son, change them etc. Hubby only need to bathe himself , change into new clothes and expect to go off.

Aspialle: mine abit opposite fm u leh.. Hubby wanna get maid, so i wont get him to do stuff. Haha!! Bt we cant get 1 now coz havent gotten our own place yet. In law place no space for another person liao. Bt since he tried night feeding already n knows its nt easy he shd be more understanding n know its tough on u n help out more? Of coz nt expecting to do laundry coz practically all guys are anti laundry? Except some nice guys. My fren's hubby does all the housework!! So envy! He does the cleaning of the house, laundry, bathing of bb, feeding of bb.. Whenever we go their house, he's the 1 running after their ger, while my fren can juz sit there n chit chat wif us. He this kind extinct liao. Bt i'm grateful tat at least my hubby will do things when i tell him to help, like bathing of #1, washing if dishes. Like today, he oso slp till very late, luckily bb oso slp late, and i could bath #1, bath myself, pack bag, do some laundry, b4 bb wakes up. Guess gotta live wif it lor.. Whenever i'm frustrated wif hubby, will tell myself he's my choice so i gotta live wif it. Like tat wont be TAT frustrated liao.. Haha!!

Happy new year!

I've stopped bf-ing as supply is really low. Now bb is on full fm with Nan Pro but realized he doesn't poo as often. Have to try to help him hmmm everyday. Is it normal?

Xycartx, is the baby's poo very hard each time? If not, it should be ok.. If it is hard.. Dab his mouth with a little warm water after each feed cos might be constipation..

Julie
After trying night feeding, guess he is much more understanding. Since he is v tradditional type so can't change overnight too. However there are things he is v persistent on.

We are moving house in a year's time. I know he is afraid helper would spoil all the new things at home. We got experience, our last flat was maintained by me with no helper so all in gd condition. Once helper came, many things spoil or with scratches. My last maid broke 3 mops in less than 2 weeks. Thus it's partly the reason. As for tinkat food, he prefers my cooking as he felt tinkat taste aweful.

Joey, his poo don't look hard. I do feed him with water whenever I can. Just that I get a little worried if he doesn't poo daily.

Hi Mummies, any recommendation for formula milk? Baby currently drinking Similac but not pooing... So thinking if changing..

Mummydt, Xycartx,
Maybe u can try switching to Dumex Mamil Gold. I first heard from a colleague that her gal has constipation when taking Similac, but was totally fine after switching to Dumex - so formula milk does play a part IMO. thus for #1 I gave him Dumex and it suits him. Can try out other brands too if u hv the sample tins.

Back