(2013/01) Jan 2013

Thanks daisybutton!! I tried latching bb pn but he does not want.. as in he will latch on for a while then give up.. haha.. so to keep up to his demand and also to increase my supply, i have been pumpinh watever i can every 2hrs... hopefully like this my ss and bb demands can be met.. :)

Hi mummies,

For yr info if u looking for catering for BB shower, don't take "four season". No standard n food is not nice at all. All the guest don like it. :/

Jan over! congrats to all Jan mummies !! :)

Hi Sylvia,

A little late, but pls help to add me in the list.

Gynae: Dr Phua Soo Mear
Hospital: Mount A
BB #: 1
EDD: 12-Jan
Natural (Induced)
Actual: 10-Jan
Birth Wt: 3.24
BB Name: Rayden
Area: Punggol

@Maddog

kind of glad i am not the only one.. i can only pump max 40ml as well sometime 10ml (while my fren is already pumping 120ml).. gave up trying to pump. hubby say could be pump (manual) not good so am looking for a electrical one.

Exclusively bfing lo most time seem satisfied with one side if not supp with other side.. and hopefully ss grow soon. Lets jia you together.

Joey
Ur grandma helper taste v exp leh, not cheap drinking bb soy milk.. If I'm employer, will ask her whether she wants my BM instead...

Pfshi,
Pumping every 2 hours is too close an interval n will b too tiring for u in the long run.. 3hours is the best
happy.gif

^5 P1nk1e! Aspialle, I couldn't help laughing out loud seeing your comments.. My hubby suddenly looked at me and thought I'm mad.. Lol! :p

Sweetdream
I agree!!! I ordered frm them too. Its so different from what the compliment emails they receive. Feel like writing a complain letter.

Nana mum
Welcome, hope your bb is better now? How heavy was he when he was born? Do join us to chat here more often
happy.gif
and we can get to know each other;)

Daisybutton, Pauline
Iya so good to have hb as doula... Sigh I doubt hb wants to do it... Will be paisey

CL leaving
Yup mine's leaving on Tuesday and I'm declaring 'no cooking' week!! Clean up my kitchen first!!!

Nana mum,
Welcome
happy.gif
In fact we all din ask for permission in this thread, just barge in and stat chatting.

Fullhouse,
I also spent 2 days cleaning up the kitchen after CL left. Everything is so oily. Wonder how big she on the fire when cooking.

Maddog,
Are you on exclusive pumping? You may want to consider latching on demand to increase your ss 1st?

@Ryan: Yes totally diff from the review! I want complaint too! All their signature dish sucks~ waste our $ with this kind of food and leftover a lot of food. Totally not worth n disappointed.

Thanks full house and bblove
happy.gif

My girl was 1.61kg at birth and is still being monitored at NICU because of her prematurity. However, she's doing very well and pd is increasing her feeds (mainly thru feeding tube) everyday. Hopefully she can go home in another 2-3 weeks once she reaches 2kg.
However, my #1 was just diagnosed with chicken pox last week and coz I haven't got it before, #1 gotta b quarantined from me and I in turn gotta be quarantined from #2.
It's really very sad not being able to see my girls.. So now I'm pumping n pumping round the clock for the both of them

Sweetdream.
I too go for the signature dishes!! Taste horrible. Vege so salty, chix so tough n best part their fr
Ied rice, everybody tot i ordered glutonous rice!!
Even my family n frens helpers all cant stand it. End up my fridge is pack with all the leftovers...practically half the portion left.

Nana mum,
Dun worry, at least you know that #2 is in good hand. Hopefully she can go home soon.
How old is your #1? Quarantine from her, she wound't make noise meh? Mine day time out of sigh, out of mind but night time sure want mummy.

Haha joey n p1nk1e
When asking her must hold breast n ask maid, wanna suck ? This one better than fm

Last night hubby volunteer to help with night feeding. I wake up at 1 am realised bb wide awake don't wan to slp... In the end I look after bb till 3 am bb slp and hubby doze off after I took over. Surprisingly, bb never wake up every 2 hrs to drink milk, after 3 am bb only cry for milk at 7 am...so hubby slept till then. At first I thought can let him have a taste of how tiring but he end up sleeping his way thru $&@""$/@@:mad:

Gd thing is I have more sleep so able to pump 100 ml in morning!

Bblove,
#1 is 19mo.. She's alright actually.. Coz I was hospitalized for bedrest for a week prior to labour and she got used to sleeping without me under the care of hubby at night.. Starting from the day I delivered, she stayed at mil's, then came home after i was discharged for a night before being quarantined at mil's. on n off will look for mummy but she's ok
happy.gif

Milk supply
Lots of rest and a good diet helps in milk production!! I'm on exclusive pumping now coz baby is too little to latch.. When I'm tired, milk can go down by half.. After a good meal and rest, it can double !!!
also be positive about pumping and don't focus too much on supply while pumping.. Like what the one of the mummies shared, how much u pumped out is not indicative of how much milk u have.. So if possible, latch, latch, latch!!!
For me, it works to look at the pictures and videos of my girls while pumping.. See already got the lovey-dovey feeling sure have letdown one.. Initially when I started pumping, I cover the bottles with my top so that I won't keep looking at whether there's enough milk and somehow it helped me relax.
Tell urself "I have milk, I have milk, I have milk" and believe in it.. Sounds cheesy but being positive and confident releases chemicals in our bodies that helps stimulates milk production.. Hehe.. Hope it helps!!
If not, drink green papaya fish bone soup!!!

Aspialle, too bad my auntie did not breastfeed her baby.. If not, will use your recommended suggestion.. Hahaha

Wow, your hb got magic hands.. So envious.. Next time can ask your hb to take care at night.. Good excuse for u to rest too.. Heehee.. :p My baby wanted my hubby at night.. Once he worked till very late.. Baby wide awake till he got home at midnight.. -.-""" I carried him till my arms got "little mouse" liao.. :p

Weather too good yesterday and my baby slept too much during the day.. Ended up baby wide awake at night and asked for milk every 2 hourly.. Panda eyes now.. @_@

Nana-mum,
Ur suggestions sound great will b trying and hopefully can build up a storage of supply before going back to work.

How about pumping the other side while breastfeeding? Will tat helps too? And how do mummies here ensure proper posture while bf-ing or pumping? Think my posture getting from bad to worse..

Joey
Ya every 2 hrly v tiring esp we also take care bb during daytime. Now waiting at polyclinic for hep b second dose injection

Ladies, last nite bb kept crying non stop from 2-7am... Really v tired..
sad.gif

I tried latching, cup feed, change diaper n massage but bb kept crying till morn...

Zzz..

Anyone exp this?

Hi Jennifer,
Mine similar case.. Only when latched will bb stop crying. Wondering if it could be cluster feeding. Since no other symptoms suggesting sickness, didnt bring bb to pd and hope is jus a passing phrase of growth spurt. And hopefully be over soon.

Hi Canopyhaze,

Congrats all for delivery of newborn baby : ) My EDD was supposed to be Jan 6, but baby came a bit earlier on Dec 23. Canopyhaze, can please help to add me in the list.

Gynae: Dr Adrian Tan
Hospital: Thomson Medical
EDD: 6-Jan
C-sec
Actual: 23, Dec
Birth Wt: 3.2
BB Name: Joanna
Area: Punggol

Confinement Period

Just a query... How many days are we expected to be in confinement? 28? 30? or 40?

I am counting down to end of confinement but I am assuming its the day my gal turns 30 days old...

Going crazy with the hot weather, the need to wear long pants and bedroom slippers and despite showering with herbs every alt days, I feel so dirty, sweaty and smelly...

Me is losing count of the number of wet / soiled diapers my baby has changed and I have also no energy to note what time I have fed the baby... Cos it seems like he's always feeding (I'm feeding on demand). Im feeling guilty that im not noting the feeding details & diaper change.. Anyone else doing away with the time of feed & amount fed?

Hi mummies,

I'm new here n keen to join this forum n get to know more abt bb n mummies. Pls add me. Thanks

Gynae: Dr Lawrence Ang
Hospital: TMC
EDD: 23 Jan
Natural (Induced) C-sec
Actual: 23 Jan
Birth Wt: 3.055
BB Name: Livia
Area: Bishan
Thank you

Nana-mum, Lil dragon,
Welcome to the forum
happy.gif

Nana-mum,
Hope your baby gal can be discharged from NICU soon. My #1 boy was also a preemie, born at 29+ weeks, and was in NICU for quite long. But dun worry, our little ones are very resilient and strong! You seem very positive and that is so important! Take care!
happy.gif

Mummydt,
I am only doing 28 days confinement only (yeah, just ended yesterday haha). But for the rest of the ML period, will continue to use the confinement shower gel (since such a big bottle) and also continue to bu with essence of chicken, and maybe tonic soups. Peifu you... I did not even wear bedroom slippers during confinement or long pants, so weather always so hot!

Vivian,
Dun worry dear, with so many things that you are juggling now, it is ok not to keep track!
I no longer keep track of wet/soiled diapers. Bb is just past 1 mth old and he is taking 100ml, every 2-2.5 hrs via bottle feeding. I only keep track of the time coz need to ensure I heat up his milk before the next feed only.

Mummies,

Hoping to help ease my hubby's schedule so he can pick my #1 from cc and come home str away without having to tabao dinner from outside.

Am thinking of ordering tingkat for dinner. Any recommendations? Haiz, there are so many mixed reviews online. So far, based on what I read online, some have recommended Empire, Mom's Cooking (but ex wor), Select, Kim's Kitchen. Read that Neo Garden portion is small.

Mummydt, the confinement period will depend on individual.. I did mine for 30days whereas I have a friend who did the confinement for 40days..

Vivian, becos sometimes too confused and busy on when was baby fed and at what amt, I record them so that can gauge.. I did not take note on the diapers changed though cos will change baby after every feed, i.e. 2-3 hourly

Bdmummy -
Many thanks for ur reply... I feel better... I'm just soooo tired, I don't wanna fuss over the feeding time/diaper change. I wish I can sleep thru the night soon.... I latch baby every 1-2 hours and my nipples are really sore already... I'm hoping the higher power above will grant me the strength and determination to continue bf for 1-2 yrs...
I've ting Kat from Chillipadi - food is ok, portion is relatively big.

Bblove,
I let baby latch on demand. But he wakes up screaming every 4 to 5 hours and refuses my breast. In the end, have to supplement 60 to 90 ml of formula. Totally lost why this is happening. Only conclusion I can think of is I don't have enough that's why I try pumping as well.

Nana-mum,
Maybe you're right. I shouldn't be to obsessed looking at the output. Just frustrated because I try everything suggested I.e. latch on demand, green papaya and fenugreek but still no effect

Vivian,
Will check out Chillipadi, thanks!

Maddog,
I hv not used manual pumps before so cannot comment. But for electrical pump, I really like the Medela PISA. Maybe you can try to see if possible to borrow coz it can quite a bit of investment and if you really do stop, may not be worth the purchase. Take care, it is ok to supplement w fm if need be... dun be too hard on yourself ya! You are already doing the best you can!

Joey, Vivian,
I realised that if baby is taking the generally average amount (haha can see this from the fm milk tin) then will surely have the min 6 wet diapers a day de, in fact will have much more than 6... so I stopped tracking wet diapers after doing so for the 1st 2 weeks daily.

Vivian,
Chilli Padi's website only lists confinement catering, no tingkat, but I have dropped them an email enquiry already. Can share how much are you paying and for how many pax? Thanks!

Bb weight drop for the 1wk, now slowly gain.
Now she wan to b Bf hourly. Sometimes even half hourly *.*|||
She fall aslp after 10 min n wake up for milk again... Tried waking her up for more milk but failed...
How can i change this routine to bf her 2-3 hourly.
Thanks

aspielle, your baby is of good weight - just the right weight to carry, I like!
happy.gif

p1nk1e, the PD my PILs like to bring my #1 to is at Tampines St 81 - I think the PD is Dr Loke.

bdmummy, I ordered from Kim's Kitchen 3 yrs ago when I had #1 - it's not bad, but they delivered at ard 2+pm for my dinner! I don't own a microwave, so it was troublesome heating up the food. Not sure with the relatively new regulation on consuming catered food within 4hrs has changed the delivery timing, but you may want to keep that in mind when you enquire.

Bdmummy
I've got no choice.. Got chided by MIL when she caught me wearing shorts one day.. And also reminded me of my slippers when I forgot to wear it after showering...

So everyday, I'm sauna ing while eating, while feeding the bb.

Bdmummy- oh sorry, I didn't know Chillipadi only do confinement food. Actually my mom ordered for me. I understand it costs about $400 for one meal, one pax

My hubby and I just spent 1 hour shaving my LO's head... Following that, my hubby went into bath and shave his head to skin... So now we have BOTAK and MINI BOTAK in the house!

Another thing I need advise from u ladies...

I broke my baby's BCG - pus oozed out... Anything I can do to expedite healing???

I'm so mad today. My maid bring my son to Sch, on the way he fell down and there are bruises and open wound on both knee caps.. My maid just send him into Sch without cleaning the wound and did not tell us until my son came home from Sch. I thought of sending her bk to agent, she has not been doing things right recently. Becos she fell sick , think spread to me and I'm not feeling well too. More troubles than help from her

Hi, need to check.... So what can we not eat during cny? Eg seafood, dried scallops, fatt choy, etc can these be eaten during confinement?

Aspialle,
Your maid really stubbon and also buay zi dong man! Seems more a liability than help!

Vivian,
Normal for BCG to have some pus, just need to clean with cool boiled water using cotton ball will do.

Orchid,
Confinement supposed should avoid all seafood. So if you are still having confinement over CNY, then no seafood, scallops, sotong, etc. Fatt choy is seaweed so should be able to eat.

Back