(2013/01) Jan 2013

Bdmummy,
I also engaged a parttime cleaner....now with bb's arrival, I asked her to come twice a week, plus ironing. Thank God my hb also hands on with the kids but can see he is tired after a long day at work. He wakes up earlier to prepare the kids bfast & fetches my #1 to sch.

p1nk1e,
Ya...better dun wear underwired nursing bra. I just ordered from one of the BPs. Will arrive next week. Hopefully can fit comfortably.

Hi, can recommend any breast pad that is comfortable. I bought nuk and Avent but the plastic that surround the cotton hurt. Really dun feel like wearing, but no choice cause keep leaking.

Celine,
Use pigeon ba. It's the most commonly used brand and it's comfortable.
I'm waiting to pop and getting frustrated at my little one not coming out.

mashimaro: sure, whats your bb gal's weight? and was it natural or c-sec? do provide the details before i can add in the spreadsheet. tks.

ChinLee.. o, you also no. 3! Yay! Someone for me to discuss with on "how to cope!". Are you a SAHM? I'm a FTWM. My helper is going back on home leave during March... I think I will go nuts for 2 weeks! :p Yea, I know what you mean about not getting the correct technique. Was just joking with my friend, no. 3 already, and still I had to engage an LC to come to my house! But I guess every baby is different.

p1nk1e, I bought 2 Bravado Nursing Bras. I highly recomend the Bravado Original Nursing Bra. It's more ex than what you get from maidenform or gmarket, but it's now my favourite nursing bra. Very comfortable. Only thing is, it's not a back-clasp bra. It's a racer back so you have to wear from the top. I also bought the underwire Allure, but don't find that as comfortable.

JoeyAng, I'm seeing Adrian Tan from ACJ. How about you?

Canopyhaze, my bb gal's weight is 3.315kg.

Joey & wenyl,
Also read that it's better not to wear underwired nursing bras, but no wire big boobs look saggy le..

2kidsmommy,
Bravado by medela, I saw on gap.com, was wondering if it's good.. Where can i get it locally?

Celine,
I use medela disposable bra pads
happy.gif

2kidsmommy - I am a FTWM...my kids are younger - one p2 and the other 2.5 yrs old. Not much help from parents and in-laws - so rely on childcare and helpers. I can imagine the chaos should there be any lapse in the routine - eg helper go home..! You have one helper..? Can the helper cope with 3 kids..?

Ya..I also need recommendations on nursing bra..!! Don't really like underwire ones..

Celine - breast pad - I ordered from www.diapers.com.sg Quite comfy..it is a jap brand.

hi mummies:
besides swaddling, is there another way to help bb who gets startle relexes during sleep and wakes himself up?

info: bb does not like to be swaddled..

2kidsmommy, yes, I am also seeing Dr Adrian Tan from ACJ.. Too bad, I gave birth early when he was out of town.. Baby could not wait till he's back.
sad.gif
my 2 older kids were delivered by him at kkh..

2kidsmommy : huh? i thought i was asking mashimaro? Anyway, do provide all info tat are listed in the spreadsheet if u wanna n\be added in. thks.

p1nk1e, O, didn't realise that Bravado is by Medela. I got mine from AlleMom.sg. There's a discount if you buy 2 or 3 bras. I'm usually a 34A, and I bought the smallest size for the Bravado Original (think it's S) and it fits just nice.

Chinlee, yes, I only have 1 helper. Both my kids 6yo and 4yo go to full day school. When I found out I was preggy, my helper said she was worried she cannot cope. So I gave her 2 options, I'll get another helper or get a part time helper. She turned both options down. So, we said we'll play by ear. With both kids at full day school, I think it should be ok.

JoeyAng, o dear. I know what you mean. When he was out of town, during that period, I avoided walking too much because I wanted to pop when Dr. Tan came back. Luckily, we managed to wait till he came back, and also for the new year. My 2 older ones were also delivered by him.

Canopyhaze, O.. :p because I asked to be added previously, and I didn't include the weight at that time. Saw you ask MashiMaro so I figured you need that as well.
happy.gif

p1nk1e: i used that too.. bb still will startle and at times wake himself up..

thinking of getting those ready swaddle, nt sure if useful. any mummies using? can share experience?

2kidsmum, chinlee
There are many of us here with three as well ;P I think wenyl and bblove? There are a few others but I can't recall their nick on forum, so we are all in good company
happy.gif

I'm a sahm :D and my other children are 6 and 4.

Siewz
I use one of those ready swaddles. Easy to use but now she's two weeks old, I don't swaddle anymore. She slept very well swaddled up though

Hi siewz, I also use those ready swaddles.. Bb tend to sleep well but at times, he will also try to struggle out from the swaddle.. :p

Fullhouse,
High five!!! Our 3 kids are almost abt the same age. Mine 7 & 5. I'm also a sahm for 7 yrs liao but I hope to go do part time when #3 slightly older.

Re: baby startles
I use bean sprout pillow but sometimes if it didn't help, I let baby sleep tummy down, only during day time.

siewz,
I find bb outgrow ready swaddles very fast. I had one hand-me-down never get to use cos my bb "long"...

2kidsmommy,
allemom is actually cheaper than gap.com - i'm surprised. will browse and maybe try buy one
happy.gif

anyone keen to share so can get discount?
happy.gif

wow, many mommies with 3 kids...
i'm struggling with 2 :|

thanks, mummies for sharing on swaddle.
happy.gif

my boy is 3-week old.. i din swaddle him earlier coz it's hot and he struugles ..but these 2 days he has been startling himself awake and cries thereafter.

maybe will get one ready swaddle to try.
happy.gif

My boy is being swaddle to sleep but he prefers to struggle n take out his hands. He prefers to sleep on his sides too. He seems to sleep better on his sides too.

I lost abt 12 kg after birth... Still got 8 kg to shred

Hi mummies for those who are returning to work, do u still do night feeds every 2 hrly ? I'm wondering whether to go bk to work but worried abt the tiring night feeds , I still got elder son to juggle

Jos
I tink a lot goes to water bag and placenta..., think the BF helps and doing night feeding , lack I sleep will slim u down too lolz

Aspialle, after returning to work, I will probably have to play by ear.. Depending on baby's feeding patterns.. But, most likely won't be expressing so often..

Aspialle, I have also resumed to my pre-natal weight.. Have lost all water retention.. Currently left with a bit of tummy to shred and the wound tissues to heal.. Went for my gynae check yday and basically recovering well. Just left the c-sect wound tissues to heal fully now..

waaaa aspialle n Joey.. so envious of u all.. I think I have to feed more often haha.. I'm currently feeding 2 hrly.. weaned my no.1 after I return to work.. this time round wil play by ear too

joey,
when are you planning to go back to work?
btw it's 16 weeks or 4 months?
I just submitted my leave, 11 June 开工!

aspialle,
envy envy!
I dun have a scale at home so will only know the "harsh reality" when I go for my gynae visit after FM...
did you do post-natal massage? my fren say it helps but I did for #1 and didn't slim down much...

P1nk1e, I'm taking 12 weeks of maternity leaves.. Back to work on 18 mar.. My ML takes into account sat, sun and PH.. The remaining 4 weeks will be taken in stagger stages for baby's vaccinations etc.. Not taking full 16 weeks ML

Hi mummies! Sorry to interrupt.

I've a nursing pillow (My Brestfriend) that I'd like to let go.
Used lightly, condition 9/10.

It retails for $81 and I'm letting it go for $50 (neg)

Please do let me know if you're interested!

8067179.jpg

Morning everyone,
I ask my massage lady regarding tummy bulging again after massage, she mention tat after massage session, need to cont wrapping. The time to slim tummy is the 1st 2 mth. After that need to go slimming ctr le.

This afternoon will b my bb's full month celebration!! Hope he will be good and cooperate...

Ryan Leroy
So fast ur bb full month !!! Mine is next sat
I'm using maiden form body shaper hopes it helps, other binder v diff to bf

This morn sneak to market although I haven finish confinement ... So crowded and so many cny stuff, no time to prepare. Haiz I did not even buy new year clothes yet cos duno what wld my size be

Aspialle,

Coz all the elders at hm say gotta celebrate within the 1st mth and not after. Initially intended to celebrate next week since he is onli turning 1 mth next mid week.

I tot of going out too..shall do it next week when my mum not coming over during the day le...hehe

CanopyHaze, here are my details: This is my no. 3, girl, EDD 4 Jan 2013, Emma, gave birth at TMC, doctor is Dr. Adrian Tan, DOB 5 Jan 2013, 3.315KG, Natural, I live in Katong.

Aspialle, good question. What does my helper do when both kids go to full day school? Right now, I have a confinement nanny, so she really has alot of free time. She's done with housework by lunch time, and in the afternoon, she rests. When the nanny goes back in one weeks' time, I guess she will have more to do. When I go back to work, that is the issue. In the past, my helper will go to my mum's house at noontime to wait for the two kids to come back from half day school. Our instinct is that with no.3, she should go to my mum's house in the morning and stay there the whole day. But, she has said she doesn't want to go. So we are thinking we will compromise... 3 days my mum's house, 2 days my house she will be with the infant unsupervised. We are still thinking about it. On one hand, she is reliable (with us for slightly more than 2 years already), but I'm not sure if I am ready to leave her alone with the infant for the whole day. On the other hand, I do have friends who leave their kids alone with the helper the entire day everyday. Sigh. Difficult la.

Ryan_Leroy, it could be my imagination, but after using the Elancyl cream for 3 days, I think my tummy has come down a little bit! But like I said, it could be my imagination. LOL!

Hi mummies,

Need advice before I spend a few hundred dollars.
Anyone using philips avent breast pump? Everyone I know uses Medela. Wondering what's the advantage of Medela over Avent.

Maddog - I like medela over avent because of following:
1) I don't have to sit near a powerpoint, which means I can pump in car during road trips to Malaysia.
2) suction power - medela freestyle has up to 9 speed
3) noise level - think medela is softer
4) milk bottle - for avent, u can only use avent bottles, whereas for medela, u can use many other brand's bottles.

Joey and Wenyl : why nursing bras don't get underwired ones? I only managed to get something with wire for my cup size wor...!

Maddog, I'm using Avent electronic double pump now.. Like what vivian mentioned, I have to be at the Powerpoint and there is no battery parts for outdoor use... Don't like the petal flanks cos milk accumulates in the petals... After a few times I decided to remove the petals and it was more efficient. The pump can remember the speed.

So far the pump works fine for me since i have a designated pumping area. If you are thinking of using it when you are back to work, I would think its a little too bulky and heavy to carry the motor around, I'm already thinking of getting an extra motor from SIL so that I can put one in office.

Back