(2013/01) Jan 2013

Fullhouse

about weight, maybe genetic and bb's health affect?

I think my relatives... mostly 3 and above.
I was told to cut down on my in take during last 2 mths so that wont be too big to deliver.

Only hope #2 will be about the same size as #1, nt too big, if nt I hv to go emergency c-sect which I really dunna.

I think last generation they are in favour of c-sect & bottle feeding. This era is natural birth & bf. There's only 1 gynae known to encourage c-sect as he is too busy for the preg mum to take her time to deliver.
happy.gif

Wanted to edit but nt allowed.
Amendment of the weight. my relatives' kids from 2plus and above. Nt all 3 kg n above.

Sleep training
I use a very controversial training called baby wise. It does not encourage crying it out but many believe it does. It mainly shifts feeding session 15min at a time at night even if bb wakes, so feeding gets slowly extended. so bb wakes, cuddle, walk around, and distract then feed, so bb slowly gets used to certain feeding pattern. Frankly, I only trained my #1, my #2 just fell into the pattern...

First month just feed on demand lah, only start during second month :D

Bb weight
Yah Lor, was thinking how come family birth weight all big big, except mine...

Averie, I went thru epistomy and I'm ok with it cos I have read about horrendous tear which can go up to anus.

In any case, whether csect or natural with epidural or not, as long as we have a healthy baby safety delivered in our hands, we r winner liao. Whichever way does not make one less a mother
happy.gif
!Sometimes really depending on the circumstances. I remembered screaming for Dr Ben to cut me and take out baby cos I am simply too tired and drained after 16 hrs of labour. Lol. Really hope this time I can really go natural without induce.

Sylvia: Yah, I dun really agree with letting them cry all the way bcoz it might induce colic and I wouldn't bear to hear him cry..

Full house: I will try to adapt your method by delaying the feeds every night.. Hopefully I dun be too lazy and juz feed so I can go back to my slp ASAP.. Hee

Averie, epistomy is better than tearing, cos epistomy is under controlled by it gynae and healing is better, don't worry about it, gynae will give a jab if no epidural so u won't feel it...

Natural birth without epidural
I reached hospital when I was 6cm dilated so I can't opt for epidural, I took the jab on my thight and laughing gas... I was very very high, can't really remember what happened, I remember I hit the nurse's hand when she keep touching me, i tot it was hub's hand.. Hahaha
When I was pregnant with #1, my mil keep telling me not to take epidural, she always say she never used it.. At first I tot it's impossible for me but I did it without epidural... It's not as scary as it sound

Sleep training
My friend's baby slept from 7am to 7pm since 5 weeks old.. guess this time I will seek her help in training my baby!

Full house,
This time will try your method!! Last time I direct latch on so I very lazy at night baby cry I just latch and sleep.. haha

Snowger,
Wow! Impressed with your milk ss. I can never reach this much. It must have taken a lot of preserverance to pump exclusively. I'm a lazy mum, pump for a few days complain mah fan liao. But guess this time round cannot afford to complain cos I'm working full time.

Slyvia,
^High 5^ My bfding journey is also somewhat similar like yours for my #1, feed on demand when bb cry so ended up almost latch every hour. To make thing worst, MIL doesnt encourage bf cos none of my nephew / nieces were full bf. My SIL asked for medicine to stop milk from coming the very next day she delivered for all her kids. SO imagine the pool of all hubby's cousin's kids with almost 20 children, the only 1 to be breastfed was on bm for exactly a month.

The kind of negative comments was enough to drown me when they realised that I was doing tendam breast feeding for #1 & #2. But as a mother, I'm more than happy to bf my #1 for 30 months and #2 for 20 months cos I know what is the best for my kids. This time round, I really dun know what will MIL says since she is taking care of bb. The best I can do is to give her good milk bag that is not complicated to handle. Wakakaka

You are still breastfeeeding your #1 through direct latching? I latched throughout the entire of my pregnancy though gynae advice to stop. I read that so long mother and #1 is happy and bb is healthy, no sign of early contraction, it is ok. The only thing is enduring sore nipple during latching. But the advantage is there os milk for #2 immediately after birth, dun have to wait for milk to kick in. So Jia you
happy.gif

Outing,
Any mummies not going to expo? If not going then we can meet in town.. hehehe.. I be taking 1/2 day leave in pm. Will have to go off at 4pm to fetch my girl from cc.

For mummies who can meet earlier, do let me know cos I can meet at 12.30pm = )

@ snowger, wow.. how u managed to do it? Pump and stored so much milk..

@ canopy, just saw the email from u today.. Will get abck to u by today as I was on leave last fri

Morning Ladies,

I've gotta sensitive question to ask.

err..what is the ideal weight increment that we gotta put on during our second trimester?

Baby names
Can we put 2 english names on their birth cert? Both HB & i are chinese but wish to have 2 english names for our bb.
i.e. Nicole Zoel Tan

Snowger, yes, it's a horrid sensation. I hope we can get over this soon. Piscean>> I don't usually take soups with my meals, but I do drink sips of water after my meal, is that not ok? But I can't take the slightest bit of spice these days, can u believe it, even cheezels seems spicy and creates a burning sensation when it goes down my throat!

hello all..

thanks for the invite, unable to make it for gathering on 5/Oct as i have gynae appt on that day.
hohoho.. going for detailed scan on wed.. hope everything is ok..

me too like another mummy here (cant rememebr who), keep worrying that I cant bring bb to full term.. sigh..

on milk bags, used nanny milk bags before. My mom keep complaining that the bags leaked. Not sure if material lousy or that I overfilled bags (usually fill them till 1-2 inches away from brim to full utilise them).

lansinoh is better, albeit more expensive than nanny. not so much leakage.

for both milk bags, i just put them in horizontal positions when freezing them. this is to create more space.

first started out with the brand called farlin (found in kiddy palace). this bag, the volume is not that much compared to nanny and lansinoh.
Erm, well, since as mentioned. I am that kind where I will overfill the bags..

on increasing BM, think there is this marlanggay tea, which increases BM. Sorry, i Do not know the exact spelling.

I took one packet and it does works for me.

Breast Feeding
Actually, some suggestions given to my for my #1 to increase milk production was ikan bilis (anchovies), fenugreek, and MIL always says, garlic is good for milk production, so used to include lots of garlic in the cooking when I was BFing. But i guess the real solution is to constantly latch on or pump. First few months DD didn't latch on or rather, I did not know of the correct technique to latch her on, so I was pumping, when I was pumping regularly 3hrs once, the flow was good, the moment I got lazy and the intervals between the pumping slowed down, the flow decreased. Then I was due for an overseas trip with DD when she was around 5 months old, to visit my in-laws, so I thot pumping would be a tad too inconvenient, what with all the travelling. So I rigorously tried latching her on a few weeks b4 we were due for our trip, and tada, she did! I continued BFing her till about 10months and I had to wean her off since I was going back to work after she turned 1.

Milk staorage bags:
I like Lansinoh too, good size, double ziplock, can write date on the pack, and also able to store flat
happy.gif
so far did not experience anny leakages even though sometimes I store +30ml than the max recommended volume.

BF:
My friend's CL says need to eat a lot of vege for good supply of ebm. What works for me was to take more liquids, esp soups. Also important to pump diligently - I did so every 3 hrs for #1 without fail for 8 mths. But once I started to stretch into 4 hrs, and then later, supply drops super quickly and then difficult to get up again.

Sunny,
Should be ard 1kg every 2 weeks.

Shice/Bliss:
I am not on fb. Can PM me the 5 Oct meet up once confirmed? Should be able to take leave that day for meeting up. However not sure if will join you all to expo. Thanks!

@ bdmummy, sure.. Either Shice and me will pm u.. I have already applied leave on that day = )
Mostly prob I may not join for expo but will head to town if other mummies are ok

C-sec:
#1 was C-sec under GA, coz it was an emergency op. For #2, KKH is super pro natural, so gynae suggested VBAC. Think will go for that, since recovery will be faster for natural birth. aiyah, but sometimes ren suan bu ru tian suan! Kepping my fingers crossed!

xinyue, I took the leaves when I was trying to conceive. It's supposed to be a all rounder super food. Didn't know it helps in breast milk production too! Shall KIV if ever I need it.

bblove,

Wahahaha!
My grandma was supportive as she said no need to wash, no need to use electricity, no need to electricity, just push in!! LOL!

Yes, my aunts, cousins and their wives all stop during 1st mth or only bf 2mths, so when they asked when did I stop, I told them I am still bf-ing, their eyes dropped! Wahahaha!!

PIL will keep telling my #1, big n no bf, my #1 just bo hu, stared at them while latching even more diligent to protest. LOL!!

Yes, gynae was worried esp the one I had before kepting having spotting. Gynae was open to bf thru out preg since some of his patients also did that. But..... cant stop immediately too esp it'll bring damage to character n bonding. Anyway, lost that.

But presently, bb is healthy, #1 is happy as can directly latch. When sore, will pat her head n say suck too hard, then she will softer her suction. :p

Oh!! yes, this is something I tot of... as we know, for new bf mum, the 1st intake for infant was colostrum, but if I continue bf-ing, will I produce for #2? I was thinking delivered, bf in delivery room, so that #2 can get wat he wants before I go to ward, coz #1 will definitely crawl up to bed to latch for comfort and so many hour of separation.

happy.gif

Sunny

not sure about ideal weight increment during 2nd tri.

Shld be 500g-2kg every 3 weeks.
Important will be the weight shld be to bb, nt to mum.

Some put on alot but all to mum and bb still very small size.

Most important, bb healthy n save.
happy.gif

@sylvia,

thanks, i tink .. im gaining more weight that required... gosh .. gotta reali cut it down le :D

went for my 20 weeks scan.. from the estimation.. bb is only 300++ g.. but.. i have put on 6kg le .. was thinking if it's normal (though the gynea said that it is okie, but im wondering if im gaining too much) *-)

Knew the above website as i used to get my nanny bags from her. she was the one who intro the tea to me and would send me one sample for trying.

Re Lansinoh bags.. good but as i sometimes store 300ml of BM in a bag, it leaks when defrozing. >.<

heard of another way to boost BM supply.
Use smaller milk bag/storage bottles during initial stage of BF.
By using small storages, it would seems that we have lots of Supply. e.g. we pump out 90ml (total output from both breasts), store them in a 120ml bottle.
Psychologically, it would give us impression that we have lots of milk. Thus in turn motivating us to continue to express milk.

of course, i believe mummies here will encourage each other on that.

Sunny

u r putting on abt same wt as me and bb also about same weight.
happy.gif

Just enjoy ur 2nd tri.
Even if u think u put too much, u also can't cut down as u dunno how much bb is taking too.
Just hope wat u r taking, bb is taking most of them

happy.gif

This thread is really moving very fast .. I took few days to read the posts posted in September, no time to catch up the old posts ..
Wonder how u gals made it, can update so fast ...

@ bblove, good idea to keep scrapbook for your kids ... I started to keep track of my prenancy diary and blog, not sure if want to do scrapbook in future.

:: Baby Kick ::
Now is my 25th week, I started to feel a lot of movements since a month ago ... sometimes she like to kick at my cervix, made me feel like want to pee.
I heard from my colleague, one of her friend actually noticed that few days no kicking from her baby, and when she went to see gynane just realized that her baby died due to tied by the umbilical cord. So, my husband kept remind me to monitor baby movement everyday.

:: Delivery &amp; Class ::
Have booked the prenatal course at TMC - started from 12 October under MS CHEW.
Most of Wong BB course were fully booked and the timing not convenience for us, so we choose other option.
The nurse of gyne Loke also helped me to book the delivery at Mt Alvernia - 2 beded, I also received the sms confirmation from Mt Alvernia hospital.

:: Items to buy ::
My friend sent me a checklist of items to purchase before delivery .. next time will find a chance to share here.
I will be going to baby fair next week too, was recommended by my friend who sent me the checklist ... I have signed up the newsletter, so they will send the updates to your mailbox.

Looked like no chance to join the FB group - only open to freq posting mom ... hmm ... may be can add you gals to my fb friends then ~

Nits, I read up and I think the reason for my heart burn could be due to caffine and cabornated drinks. I'm trying to cut down now. You can try...

Bliss_ling, I pump v regularly and the yield is about 150 per side (during the glory days). After my fridge filled to the bream, I lengthen my pump time - i.e. instead of 3 hrly to 4hrly and the amt dropped.

Thanks LM, Sylvia, hammiebao and Canopyhaze for sharing! And BIG thanks to Fullhouse for your perspective on the birth canal trauma thing!!

Fullhouse, it's amazing how you got your babies to sleep through the night! I will give it a go too..

Fb
Can someone help add me to the fb group please? I can pm you my email address but not comfortable posting here cos I've been stalked before. V scary.

The pregnancy diary I keep track every gynae visit ... I paste all the ultrasound scan pics into one diary book and wrote down my feelings ... Hope next time can read together with my little girl ~

7568577.jpg

Hi Mummies,

I'm new to the forum but have been reading your postings for the last few weeks. Please add me, thanks!

Nick: Chrisloo
Edd: 3 Feb
Doc: Dr LN Sim (TMC)

Have a great week ahead!
happy.gif

Hello mtbs, long time did nt post but had bn reading. I b heading US for biz. Any suggestions on wats worth to buy? I b alone travelling back so cant take bulk items...
Wat hv u ladies bgt already so far?
I bgt nothing yet...hehe...

Nits, seems like quite serious for u. Did u get any medication from gynae? Drinking sips of water after meals ok for me. Better to consult doctor.

LM, I didn't drink alcohol for 1st bb cos worry affect bb as I bf. But supply was also not much &amp; need to supplement with formula milk. That CL also didn't cook tonic soup for me. Then during bb full month, my mum &amp; aunties all commented I looked pale &amp; tell me to take more tonics till 40th day.

Sylvia, yeah I read about pumping/feed few hours after taking alcohol dishes, will use this method this time. Haa...I've even started to prepare all the alcohol (DOM, Wincarins, black beans soak in sake). Want to build up strong body during confinement this time.

Re: Bfg supply
My supply was not fantastic, however same like bdmummy, i find drinking more (water/milo/soups/red dates drink, etc) did help increase supply.

Ultrasound scan pix:
For those of u who keep or use for scrapbooking, did u scan &amp; keep soft copy? It fades through time, so i scan &amp; keep.

Angeliqueous, US pdts lor, cheap with free shipping.
happy.gif
Items like Desitin for nappy rash, Ergo or similar bb carrier, Medela pump(bulky though).

Shice,
Thanks for trying to add me in! Weird to see the error message when I never join the group before le. R u able to email me the FB link? I try to log in n try. Tia!

RE: Scan pics
Mummies, do scan or take pic of the scan photos. It will totally fade off in 5-7 years' time.

Sunny, From what my friend told me:
We shd put on about 500g per week in 2nd tri, while baby will put on abt 150g per week.

Piscean, i too lazy to scan all the U/S pic so end up just pasting them in.. =P

@yiping,

o no ... guess.. im putting much more than desired. i better ctl my diet.. and dun eat too excessive. sighz.. not easy to control my hunger pangs
sad.gif

Pocketpig, I also do my diary like you, haha. I even print photos of my growing belly, week by week and stick them in, side by side. And of course, cannot forget photos w hubby-daddy too. Haha..

Yeh, was told the Ultrasound prints will fade, so I scan and print them out on laser colour printer. Hope they will last for years before I pass over to my girl. hehee

@ snowger, wow.. i hope to be like u ..

Baby scan,
oh mine, I rem i keep it properly in a drawer and nw i cant seem to find it anywhere after shifted to mil place..haizz.. maybe hub packed it into a box.. will get him to find it..

Sunny,
The ideal weight for mummy to put on should be around 2kg per month. I'm also piling on a little too much. Was told by my gynae to control my diet yesterday. Actually I have not been eating much but love drinking coke. Guess I have to switch to plain water liao.

Re:Scan Pic,
All the scan picture will eventually fade off. Another suggestion other than to scan was to laminate the ultrasound photo before pasting it onto your diary.

@BBlove

i reckon the same as well. i drink diet coke and fruit juice. guess, it's time to change .. le...

Plain water ... here we come... ^_^

Back