(2013/01) Jan 2013

hi mummies,
pls add me to your facebook
happy.gif
happy.gif

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.188054057995959.47636.100003740979556&type=3#!/love.t.babies/photos

Csect vs natural birth, if I have a choice I want to go thru natural. I had csect with GA for #1 due to low placenta so cannot natural. If possible I want try VBAC. But looks like not possible cos placenta low again.
Csect limits the chances of giving birth to 3 only!

Alcohol during confinement: can bf after 2 hrs taking alcohol food. For me, I bf my boy for 1 hr each time, and he is feeding on demand, 2 hrs interval. So I only had an hr of rest time, so I din really dare to take, and my mum din cook for me much.
This time round I oso need to bu as much as possible!

Angeliqueous, u can buy baby gap, old navy, Oshkosh at US.
happy.gif
medela pump like Piscean mentioned.

Malunggay tea, can get from Mumsfairy too http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?cPath=26

Re: Csect vs natural birth
Nickole/Syyy,
Me too, If I have a choice I also want to go for natural birth. It's not so much on the birth limit restiction cos I know even if there is a chance to go through natural, I will not want to have more than 4 kids dur to high cost of living in Spore.

I still rememebered when I was preggy with #1, I was so sure that I will go for natural birth (Isn't it the common natural thing that woman do in every pregnancy??)I even wrote my birth plan and was sourcing for information on Mt A regarding water birth.

However things just din happened as planned after my week 30's check up. Was informed by gynae that bb was in a breech position. I was informed by him that hopefully a month's later check up, bb will turned head down. But scan at week 34,36 all shown that she was in a breech position and gynae has more or less confirmed that it is gonna be a c-sect.

I cried upon hearing that cos I felt that things din happened the way I planned and wished for so I started doing research on how to make bb turned head down.
1. Tried to engage a Doula to help with massage but most Doula mentioned it was too late;
2. Tried old wives tale of getting hubby to hubby pomelo leave on my toes'
3. Going to temple to pray;
4. Try using a torch light and shine on tummy to guide bb to turn and all this din work. In the end, I contacted a pro gynae who is good with breech baby to help to manipulate bb to turn using hand(but it has to be done in hospital in case while turning, umbical cord go around bb, will go for emer csect)
But despite trying all ways and mean, she just simple refused to turn. At 1 point of time, I was so upset that I even told hubby I will not go for scheduled c-sect, wait for water bag to burst then say.

What changes my mindset was an ex-colleague who happened to give birth around that period of time when I was due. I was informed that she gave birth to a baby girl (17 hr of labour) but her bb girl only survived for a day and passed on the next day in hospital. She only managed to take a photo of her baby using her handphone.

The unexpected news suddenly woke me up. So long bb and mother is healthy, why care about natural birth or c-sect? Thus I went ahead with c-sect and opted for epi c-sect cos hubby and I wanted to hear the baby's 1st cry.

For #2, We consulted gynae to try vbac, he was not very hopeful but agreed as long bb is less thasn 3.2kg. He also informed us of the risk involved. But on his end, he did scheduled a c-sect at week 39 too. For #2, I had contraction 2weeks before the scheduled c-sect and as agreed we went ahead to try vbac. But 2 hrs later, bb's heartbeat was irregular, so ended up in emer c-sect again.

This time round, we consulted Dr Paul Tseng if we can go for vba2c, he mentioned can give it a try but the risk will be higher as after all, I had went through 2 csect before. It was untill a few month back, my sister told me that her hopital (She is working in a hospital)had a patient that tried vbac and the c-sect wound rupture during labour and the bb faled to make it through.

From there, hubby was very strong against vbac, whatmore mine was after 2 csect. He said he is very greedy, he do not want to be thrown into a situation where he can ony decide to save either 1. He needs both of us to be in safe hand. (maybe I was touched by his words lor) so it time round it is confirmed to be an epi c-sect (either in end Dec or 1st week of Jan)

Just yesterday when I was at gynae doing monthly scan, gynae informed bb was already head down and the head was pressing on my cevix nerves (tt explain why I feel each step is so painful). I commented, so fast head turned down liao. Hubby glared at me and said "Doesn't matter head up or down, it is c-sect" then I goes like hor...

Syyy,
It doesn't matter whether it is gg to be natural or c-sect so long you can give birth to bb healthy (I took it for granted during #1 time that it is gg to be natural birth). Do Play by ears and see what gynae advice. Something to note, if gynae adviced c-sect due to some reason, such as birth canel narrow or bb too big then follow. My cousin just gave birth to #1 in July, go agaisnt gynae advice. Tried natural then ended up c-sect, plus bb jandice and both need extra stay in hospital, the entire hospital bill came up to $17k. After deducting $3.5k from mediasave, the rest are all hard cash. They said they are totally drained out of saving due to the high bill.

BBLove: My gynae advises to avoid fruit juice because the stall owner might add syrup, not pure sweetness from the fruit itself. If needed, eat the fruit as a whole is better than juices.

I booked a hospital tour with Mt A on 10 Nov (12noon). Received an administrative form to be submitted prior admission. Need to select type of room.

Agree with BBlove, regardless natural or c-sect, as long as both mother and bb are healthy.

BBlove, thanks for sharing your experience. As a FTM, I find it very useful. As long as bb is delivered healthy, trust the gynae's advice.

I too had assumed many things will come naturally, like delivery and breastfeeding. It is only after joining this forum and talking to mothers that I found out that there are many aspects of my own body which I cannot control. There's no guarantee that if I do everything right, everything will turn out the way it should. So long as baby is healthy, it makes it all worth it.

syyy, i din receive ur pm for fb. Rgd natural vs c-sec, i would advice natural too. more benefits. believe other mummies have shared their experiences and views which i won't repeat again. heh..

wenyl, just pm-ed u the fb link. u try to request again and see if can get in.

bblove, thanks for sharing your story. I was advice by gynae to go for scheduled c-sec too. As my edd was 7 jan, i'm actually thinking of trying to wait till next year to give birth. but gynae mentioned that there's a risk of losing the baby. My hubby dun really understand as not much details were given to us on how the baby may lose her life. so we were still quite keen on scheduling for early next yr. Now upon hearing ur story, it seems so easy to lose such a fragile little life. As what u have said, perhaps we should just follow gynae's advice. will discuss further with hubby. really appreciate u sharing ur experience!

Bblove,

thks for sharing yr experience with so much details. I am anti-C section too if I have the choice, but after reading what u wrote, I agree whatever method we choose, it's the safety of baby and mummy that is most important.

If we are told to opt for C section, don't be upset and whine about it...

Shice, why did your dr not explain what he man by losing baby's life? That is a scary statement that warrants further discussion.

Pocketpig, Mt A tour is free, u can just give them a call to check the available timing and make booking..

Bblove,
Thanks for sharing! Most impt is mummy n baby are safe and healthy!!!

Bblove,
Thanks so much for sharing your story.. very touching and so true. As long as both mummy and baby are healthy, it doesn't matter if it's a natural birth or a c-sec. You're a very strong woman!

Shice
I'll pm you again with my email address and hope it works *crosses fingers*
happy.gif
Thanks in advance!!

Piscean/Nickole : Thanks! i will definately add these to my US shopping list. i also heard that buying US medela pumps means no warranty as it is only valid in US.

BBlove: I also had a friend in week 30+ going to do breeching. Good to know these ahead as we are 1st time mums. Hang in there!

Hi Mom-to-be,

I am new to the forum. Please add me. thanks!

Nickname: cute_babe
Edd: 6 Jan
Doctor: Adrian Tan (TMC)

Good morning mummies,

Ctrus,
You can tell the stall owner not to add sugar when you ordered. As for the hospital booking, you need to select the room and try their best to accomodate you but I was informed that it is subject to availability on the day on your admission.

Lish-zzz,
Me too assumed that thing will just fall in place nicely so long one's preggy such as delivery, bfing but things just simply din turn out as what I expected. It is also a lesson I learnt - to slow down my pace and seek other mummies' advice. There is no perfect parenting, every thing is almost a trial and error thingy and sometime too much an expectation only leads to greater disappointment.
happy.gif

Shice,
Your #1 also csect? Since edd is 7 Jan, why bb will be in danger so long csect is before edd? It sounds scary. Since both of you are in favour, why not opt for 2 Jan for csect?

Celia,
I din just whine when I was told to go for csect but cried big time. That kind of disappointed feeling, plus I had wrote my own birth plan, sourcing for water birth etc all gone to waste. Told hubby back then luckily I din go for antenatal class, or else all those breathing tech learnt will be paid for nothing since I'm gg to end up on operation table.

Syyy,
The forum is meant for sharing but I'm definitely not a strong woman. In fact, I'm so guilty that I only learnt my lesson through other's losses. I was informed that till date, my ex-colleagues still doesn't have the courage to try for #2. It has been 5 yrs but the couple is still childless. Till date, her phone wall phone was still her baby ger. Sad right.....

Angeliqueous,
Your friend doing a breech turning of the baby? Back then I seek advvice from Prof Ho from SGH and he did the turning in SGH too. But failed la.

Good morning ladies

I m at TMC doing my gluose n blood test now as my gynae suspected that my sugar level could b high after my check up yesterday.

My bb weighs 992g at wk 25 n gynae said is slightly bigger by 1 wk. My weight is 57.4kg now n he said my wt is fine.

As usual i was told not to consume too much sweet thing...

I will know my result tomorrow if i hv gestational diabetics after today test...praying hard that my sugar level is not too high otherwise i might hv to put on medication.

BBlove:
thanks for sharing, totally agree w you that it is most important to do whatever possible to ensure both bb and mother are safe! What's the gap between your #1 and #2 and between your #2 and #3?

Sunny:
It is best to avoid artificial sweeteners during pregnanct, so better to check what is the type of artificial sweeterner used in diet coke.
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/eating-well/week-31/sweetener.aspx

Gynae visit:
Just went for gynae visit today... Put on 2kg in past 4 weeks, bb is ard 600g at 24 weeks. Placenta has moved up slightly but need to monitor again a next visit 4 weeks later coz still in low position. Praying hard that bb will continue to be safe and sound. Need to take glucose test 4 weeks at next appointment.

Celia, BBlove, yes, my edd is 7 Jan. Gynae adviced to csec 2 weeks before i.e. last week of dec. But my hubby and me wanted to drag till past new year. Gynae said not very recommended. So I enquired further and she said that may have complications if hold too long and may also risk baby's life. Probably becoz my #1 is quite big 3.65kg at 39w2d.

My considerations are if deliver in dec 2012, the calendar difference btw #1 and #2 is only 1 yr. Not sure if it's too close in terms of studies. My hubby say close is good, then dun have to worry abt syllabus change. lol. Another reason is #2 would be competing with all the 2012 dragon babies in terms of studies, uni posting, careers, etc. Maybe my thoughts are too far fetched, but it's purely for the good of my DD. On the other side of the coin, maybe I should just be contented that baby is healthy and safe instead of worrying too much into the future. I'm just stuck in between these 2 sides of arguement.

@bbLove

tks for the webby.. decide to be a good mummy .. no more soft drinks... only plain water till delivery to be on the safe side... ^_^

my colleagues recommmanded me to try red date (without seeds), gou qi zi, hua qi sheng and long gan ... to boost up our energy level as we usually tend to feel more tired and it somehow increase in red blood cell production.. have any one of u tried?

Snowger,
Yup, my #1 turning 7 this yr and his ultrasound pics are all faded already. Good thing I did a blog for him. Best to get it printed out.

Shice,
Thanks for the fb link! But can't go in cos it says I've got no access.
sad.gif

Just to share, for my #2 I was advised to go for scheduled Csect cos #1 was E-Csect. My Gynae then was not v pro-natural. Asked me to do it 2 weeks bef EDD. But I wanted to try for natural birth n waited till for the symptoms to come. Finally my water bag leaked 2 days bef edd n admitted with 4 cm dilation. But Gynae gave me only 8 hrs to try n eventually Csect as dilation was v slow & Gynae din want to wait. To cut the story short, I feel it all depends on individual Gynae as they need to protect themselves from "possible" complications. So it's still possible to for ur case to Csect on 1st or 2nd Jan if the year is really a concern for u. As long as check up shows baby is doing fine & close monitoring of the baby nearer the date.

@BBlove, saw the experience of natural birth vs c-sec ... thanks for sharing. Think we have to keep positive mind and don't think too much about this first, just listen to doctor's advice as he definitely more experience than all of us .. there are many happy cases as well.

Wonder if you gals are still working? I feel really no mood to come to work everyday .. sometimes also nobody give seat inside the public transport and made my mood even worse. Have to carry laptop to and back work everyday, from my home to bus stop need around 10 mins of walking ... tired. I always looked at the calendar and thinking if I shall apply unpaid leave and rest until I deliver (still have 3 months to go, a lot of money) .. sigh.

Pocketpig:
Agree that nowadays many act blur on public transport, esp the middle age men! Haha, I also no mood to work lei, sian to keep clearing emails etc, so will surf SMH during work hours if I can afford some time out. Luckily have some spare annual leave carried forward and also the 6 days childcare leave so already told my boss I intend to stop work and take leave from mid-Dec onwards altho due mid Jan.

Shice:
I was in same dilemma as you i.e. should c-sec end Dec or wait till Jan 2013. I have been told by teachers that year-end babies in early years are really slower in development / learning compare to tose born earlier in the year who have a good many months headstart. haha, also prefer for bb to be dragon bb in snake year with less competition.

Wenyl, ya i agree, sometimes it depends on the risk level of the gynae. But i must say my gynae is still quite okay. She didn't really force us to csec earlier, just telling us the risks involved and let us make the decision. Thanks for giving me a glipmse of hope for baby to come out next year! haha.. Will monitor closely at the last stage and try to aim for next year. Further more, dun lugi the holidays (xmas and new year) in dec! haha..

bdmummy, discuss w ur hubby, have the same goal then monitor closely. My hubby is quite pro having 2013 baby. Plus I'm a Jan baby, so naturally, I would like my baby to be delivered in Jan too! haha.. also like wat u said, less competition.

pocketpig, ya i think most of us still working. I actually prefer working than staying at home doing nothing. You should try to ask for seat. Usually when i take train, I'm always near the door, no chance to squeeze in to let pple give up seat for me. Some occasion, the crowd just pushes and force their way in. Think at a later stage, I may just take a direct bus to work (45mins compared to 25mins by train). At least got seat. How come u can't leave ur laptop in office? it's really cumbersome carry laptop to and fro work esp when preg. tiring too. maybe u can take leave once a week or fortnight to recharge? i also think unpaid leave is very "bo hua". Some more your Dec AWS and annual bonus may be pro-rated (in most companies) if u take unpaid leave. Jiayou! Come in here more often to chat with us. We can support each other.. and prob countdown together. lol!

@ctrus, thanks for the reply .. will chk with mt.A for the hospital tour, haven't been to this hospital before.

@wenyl, the ultrasound pic will get faded? Oo .. I also updated my blog with the pics for every chk-up .. my husband even took video on the monitor screen to capture how the baby moving during our visits at gynae clinic.

@bdmummy, agreed that those middle age men really not willing to give seats and they always pretend or act blur ... I only left with 3 days AL as I took too many during my first trimester, having bleeding issue and used up all my MCs then have to use AL.

@shice, I have same EDD as yours - 7 Jan. Wonder why your gynae so early can judge that you need c-sec 2 weeks earlier? We are 25th wk now and my gynae didn't mention anything, he just said my bb can be come out earlier, may be 1 or 2 weeks earlier. My last chk up is 24th wk and baby weight around 670g ... I also prefer to opt for 2013 baby (same reason as what you mentioned, a lot of competitions for 2012 dragon babies). Both me and my husband are Jan baby, so we really hope our baby gal will born in Jan ...
I always think to take 1 day or 2 days leave to re-charge but still have to face the same works when back to office, unless I can take a long vacation. Carry laptop to and fro work become our dept habit as we might need to support at night ... May be I will let my boss know that I might not carry laptop everyday when going to my 3rd trimester .. really tired.
Always feel that the time passed very slow .. still long way to go ..
Btw, just pm you for the access to facebook group ..

Hi Ling: I have had my checkup yesterday. Today was told to go TMC Laboratory for my gluose test & blood test.

Probably I might meet you in Dr Lim clinic next month....my appt will be on 23 Oct
happy.gif

pocketpig, my #1 was emergency c-sec and baby is big. Plus I couldn't dilate. Thus for second one, gynae recommend to go for scheduled c-sec. If u're first time preg, usually gynae would try natural first. Unless got complications.

wenyl, I did a research on the internet and found that there are two causes for the fading - one is exposure to light and the other is heat. So if want to preserve, the us photos got to be placed in those paper folder and kept away in a cool dry place. I also realised that those which the gynae gave to us in the folder looks newer than one that I hanged up in a photoframe. :'( So laminating may destroy the ultrasound photo.

Hi all,

Terrible 2 weeks for me.. Last Monday have spotting and cramp like feeling again and gynae ask me procees to TMC immedialy. Same problem placenta Previa.. And was given HL for one month. Have been resting all days at him today spotting and cramp came back again. Now on nifedipine to stop cramp.

Gynae even ask me to consider going to KK the next time round if I hv massive bleeding as she is concern that I might deliver Way earlier den my due date. But I heard too many story abt KK and even read that I might be deliver by MO!!! Sigh.

Any mummies deliver in KK before and stay in the subsidies class like B2 or C? Can share wif me your experience? Tks

@ Celia, I also asked my husband to help to take pregnancy photos for me .. I took every trimester, already took 2 times .. now waiting to take for 3rd trimester.

7576794.jpg

@shice, I see ... now understand ur case. Mine is #1 this time .. quite scared sometimes when think of the delivery process.

@ annie, take care ... is this ur first bb?

Hi Annie,
KK is the best hospital to deliver in, esp if it's premature birth. Only they have the proper equipment since they are the neonate specialist.

As for delivery process, I reckon MO is fine? They are graduates, waiting for registrar posting, and they are often in contact with delivery cases. Anyway, if yours is complicated cases, they generally won't ask MO, it'll be someone more senior.

Scary stories come from KK paeds? KK now is no longer like 30 years ago lah. Even the B wards are ok.

Was not exactly in subsidised ward but was at NUH and there was a student nurse who approached me coz she had to clock hours observing labour procedure, and that was ok lah. Not like she's in the way. Anyway mine's uncomplicated case. For you should be special treatment bah.

Early delivery I'll def head to KK. No joke if the bb is in neonate intensive care. Even if you have 6 figure to burn, they might still eventually transfer to KK. For the sake of the child, do go KK if it's early.

Bblove
That's really very sad... it's horrifying for any woman to carry a child to the end only to watch your baby pass away.
sad.gif

Shice
Wishing you a healthy and happy baby - regardless of when you deliver.. That really is the most important thing..

Pocketpig
I'm carrying my laptop and files (around 5kg) everyday, back and forth too... Quite tiring so sometimes I give in and just take a cab. I work late too, so usually I'll just claim the cabfare home. On public transport, I try to make eye contact so people do give up their seats - if not I'll be buay pai seh and ask, but there are ppl who will deliberately avoid eye contact. I also try to go to the office really early (by 7am) or late (leave home after 9am, take concalls at home in the morning) so that there's a greater probability of seats, but I guess that depends on where we board the train too..

I agree regardless of when or how you deliver most import thing is baby safe and healthy that all we ask.

By the way if earlier delivery, can just go KK hospital without schedule gynae???

sorry side track abit, earlier on talking about Medela pump. Anyone knows bring back from US got warranty? It seems to be very much cheap... My sis in law going US in October so may want her help me buy. keke

Averie,
maybe u need to chk the electric plug n volt too. Buy from US no warranty plus the above issues.

BBlove,
yes, there's no 100% perfect method, all hv to go trial n error as all bb are diff. The most important bb is healthy n safe and mum has to learn the cue from bb when to bf and wat the bb need to 'communicate' without language.

Ur ex-col must hv a deep impression n cant let go. Like Chow yuen fatt's wife too. Hope she can cross over and try again as maybe the little angel waiting to join them again.
happy.gif

I think all bf mums started with sore nipple as 1 dunno how to bf, the other dunno how to latch, so friction coz pain. Have to apply edible lotion , check out with gynae or the lactation nurse ( *** 1st time mum take note for standby) in between of feeds, so that can continue feeding. For me who dun hv alot to supply, dun face this problem much. But I know those who supply alot and yet bb nt feeding so much, will hv blockage and can be as hard as stone til mastitis. Then slowly bb and mum will learn together.

I go for natural birth but standby emergency c-sect as I used to hear fm ex-col wat happ and they hv to change plan to save both mum n bb.
We are so fortunate in modern society to have other options. Preg is already alot of unforseen, decisions to be made on the spot without advance worry and preparations.

I nearly lost my 1st child as umbilical cord was round the neck at the last hour, came out blue, but gynae was very calm, ask me push like normal for forceps to aid as emergency.Nothing was said, Only when #1 was out, gynae calmly turned the umibilical cord out from neck n placed her on my lap with a very low voice to nurse " oh.... umibilical cord round the neck". I heard it while hubby din. & I know my gynae saved her.

So stay calm and trust the gynae. ;)

Shice,
I also raise hand for Jan delivery as less competitive compared to 2012 dragon bb, that's alot more tougher in life. It will be a struggle , competing non stop with dragons on the same year. Those unseen stress can be hard to handle at times esp nowadays kids.

But most impt will still be bb healthy n safe.
happy.gif

Annie, hope u n bb are ok! Jiayou!

happy.gif

Hi mummies, it's been quite a while since I last posted. I went for my 24 weeks checkup last week, and my baby weighs 617g. So happy to know taht my baby is of average weight now, since he only weighs only 257g at the 20 weeks checkup due to my high blood flow resistance to placenta. My gynae has previously advised that I go for another detailed scan at 28 weeks, but now she recommended it to be postponed till 32 weeks since it seems like the aspirin she gave me is working and there's improvement in baby's weight! I hope this improvement continues and I do not have to c-sec earlier. Praying that I can have a full term baby and deliver in Jan 2013 instead of Dec 2012 so that there will be less competition like what Shice and Slyvia mentioned! heehee.

Meetup on 5 Oct 2012

Hi ladies, we r pleased to announce that the meetup is confirmed. Details as follows:-

Time: 2.30pm
Venue: A cafe in Orchard

We won't be going to expo, just a chit chat get-2-ther session
happy.gif
For the actual venue, please refer to fb updates posted by snowger. For those not in fb gp, pm me! I will get back to u. Thanks
happy.gif

morning mummies...

wow the thread moves real fast! I just scan and read thru the past few days postings!

I also second natural birth if possible. It makes healing faster eventhough the first 2 weeks will be hell!!! But C- sect pain I heard will last for more than 2 weeks!!! And for those mummies who wants to slim down fast via massage, natural birth, you can start massage at 2nd week whereas for C-sect birth, you have to wait till the wound is heal, I feel by then, all the wind i your body can't be dispel liao!
Of course, it all depends on a case by case basis. ULITIMATELY both bb and mum MUST be safe, can liao!

As for breastfeeding, I always go by this mantra: There is no such things as no milk, just lazy mums!!! Hahah, this mantra was given to me by one of the mummies in my #1 forum. hahhaahahha!!!!!! so just latch and pump at regular interval within the first 2 weeks!!

FOr the outing, I dun think I can make it, I got gyane appt on the 4th OCt, dun think I can take leave on 5th Oct.

@ valerie, I went off ard 4.50pm.. Went to register at 12.30pm, see Dr Lim at 4.30pm.. Alot of ppl waiting as he came in at 12 noon.. There was this 40++ lady went into his room for 30 mins ++ then proceeded to do a mini procedure.. haizz.. all was delayed due to these.

I did a blood test as it was required for all preggy lady to do it.. So far, baby nw weighs 732g or so.. Dr Lim said ok.. Have been eating but cutting less on Mcdonald breakkie.. Guess that's help.

Told Dr Lim, I took half boiled egg for tea break and he ok with it cos it less calories. Took the egg to keep me away from falling asleep.. i tried not to drink so much tea.

U meeting us on 5/10?

Averie:
If your baby is going to be premature, definitely should go direct to KKH coz they have a host of specialists there and are ready for any complications etc. Best equipment in whole of SG as well coz there are special equipment that only at KKH has in the Asia region.

Drive straight to KKH A&E (aka 24 hr clinic at women's tower). The nurses there will assist you to the delivery ward where they will check if you are having contractions and strap you to the machine etc and conduct necessary tests etc. Dun worry, ops and delivery are stricty only conducted by qualified doctors (not MO) who are on duty at the delivery ward. MO will make the rounds (at least 4-5x a day) to check on you, do tests etc. KKH takes conservative approach so they will usually request you stay in hospital rather than discharge you. If case is complicated, the high risk team of specialists will review the medical files and also visit once a week etc.

I strongly urge you to choose the lowest class ward for your hospital stay i.e. C class in order to get the maximum subsidy for your baby. With C class you will not be able to choose gynae, but KKH will assign a gynae to you. In any case, if touchwood need emergency delivery/c-sec it will be the team of doctors on duty who deliver baby.

Upon delivery, in NICU/special care nursery, all babies receive exactly the same level of treatment regardless of what class of ward you stay in. But the difference is the $ you will pay. E.g. #1 was in NICU/special care nursery for 3.5mth, total bill came up to $180K before subsidy, but with subsidy (tagged to the class ward that the mother chooses), I paid $30K which can be fully deducted from my Medisave so I do not pay any cash at all. The same stay for baby in a private hospital e.g. TMC etc will be at ard $600K bill or more.

Let me know if you need more info, more than happy to share what I know.

Oh, to add, if you choose gynae will be considered as private patient with siginificantly lower subsidies. Even if during office hours, go only to A&E (aka 24 hr clinic at women's tower) for admission. FYI, my previous gynae at TMC taught me all these.

Snowger,
My #1 US pics are in a photoframe placed in the bedroom away from direct sunlight & heat. Now totally faded after 6++ yrs. Maybe the best place to store them is like what u mentioned, in a paper folder in the cupboard totally no exposure to any light at all. ^_^

Ling: oic...when i saw him on Tues, he was so busy as he had 2 operations on that day, 1 in the morning and the other at 4.30pm. I hv done my blood test (same like u), my result was ok too...I just rang up the clinic to check on my gluose test done yesterday. Jia Ling was shareing sharing with me that the result are negative..I will still call Dr Lim in the afternoon to let him explain to me on my result. For my case as I mentioned b4 my mum was a diabetic patient so its like genetric for me to get it if I do not control my sugar level.

Re: Outing on 5th Oct ~ sori unable to join cos I will be bringing my 2 kids to Port of the Lost Wonder at Sentosa for children day celebration
happy.gif
U gals enjoy the meet up and pose photo of the meet up if all mummies dont mind showing yourself in this thread!!

Re: Natural or c-section: agree with all ~ most important is the safety of both mother & bb. I too hope to hv natural birth but too bad after trying for 18 hours for my 1st delivery my cervix did not really dilate and I gave up coz cannot tahan lying on the delivery bed for such a long hour...

Tpocketoih: tks dis is my 2nd pregnancy.

Fullhouse: dink after hearing wat my gynae said abt the cost and for both safety of bb and myself I will proceed to KK if I hv bleeding or spotting again.

Bdmummy: wanna ask u, so for my case (placenta Previa) and I need c-sec it will be qualified doctors doing the ops for me right! Do I neeD to bring my details rpt down to show them of my case or will they do another scan for me? Tks

Just realised that my portfolio for next year will be reduced just cos I am away on maternity leave for Jan to April. Feel so lousy.

Back