(2013/01) Jan 2013

My turn for 38w 6d check up tomorrow - been feeling that the baby is very low and a lot of pressure (at times painful) around the pelvic area. Hopefully not dilated yet...

NUK bottles - I got both the wide neck and the standard ones. I think I will try out with the standard ones first..

Julie - I also personally prefer to go natural rather than induce, unless for medical or other reasons. Mainly cos I believe that the baby will come out when he/ she is ready. Inducing is also more painful.

My no 1 was induced due to irregular heartbeat. The process was a long and painful wait. Took epi only at 12 hrs later, pain prior before epi was unforgettable. Labour process was 17 hrs. I have heart problem so worried that Dr might want to induce again...

$$: I'm currently paying almost $1k to my inlaws for looking after my boy excluding the diapers, milk powder and essential things required. Sometimes, own people more calculative leh... They will complain about high cost everyday and sometimes will try their luck to ask for 'increment' on and off. My mil has already hinted that she expects we increase the $$$ upon the arrival of no 2... sigh... i think i look after myself cheaper lah...But having said that, I still feel fortunate and happy to have them willing to look after my kids. They will not save on the food and snack stuff for my boy.. Will buy toys for him... Also, I have a lot of 'me' time and able to fully concentrate on my work... So I guess there are more pros than cons...

CanopyHaze - please fill in the following details for me.

Natural, Area: Thomson

I do not have my girl's name yet...

Thanks so much..

Thanks all.. Still nt totally decided yet.. I do prefer to be delivered by my own gynae thou he did say will arrange for another gynae shd i decide to wait.. Bt he did say 1st jan n 4th jan onli a few days diff, bt he say up to me la. Coz if don induce n by 4th still nothing, need call to arrange for check up. My #1 was oso induced, coz placenta dying n water bag level low, n gynae did mention i took the pill well coz after took pill, gave birth 10hrs later.. This time, gynae say for now onli 1cm and water bag level gd.. So its up to me to decide. So guess reason y he say induce on 31st instead of 1st is in case it'd take a while? Coz he'd be away only fm midnight of 1st.. So at least gt more than 24hrs.. Bt pple did mention for #2 will be faster? Since my 1st onli took 10hrs...

Sylvia: if 1st to deliver gt freebies rite? Haha!! Wont so zhun 1 la.. Bt as long as pass 31st midnight can liao. Bt this means i gotta cancel my gatherings on 31st n 1st!!!

Aiyoooo.. Dilema dilema.. Coz waiting oso headache. Wat if suddenly feel contractions when in office? Like so kan chiong later....

Julie
think born 1st jan from 0:00 -0:10, all hv freebies.
those on the news, usually I think those will get the freebies. then get defer letter to delay to sch n dun join 2012batch.

yes,#2 is faster.

dun think so much!

Friends
just choices.

for one thing, kids in gd hands though pay more but u hv peace of mind.
unless u hv my mil, then better dun, will die of heart attack & stress.

Agreed, induced might need few days to trigger and quite suffering too.

For the chinese version of labour signs :

分娩的征兆一:你的宝宝“下沉”了
  如果这是你的第一次怀孕,在分娩开始前的几周内,你可能会体验到一种“胎儿下坠”的感觉。这时候,你也许会感到骨盆部位的压迫感加重,并注意到胸廓下方的压力减轻,呼吸更通畅。

分娩的征兆二:假性宫缩增多
  更频繁、更强烈的假性宫缩,可能表明你已进入临产前期了。在这个过程中,你的子宫颈成熟了,已经准备好进入真正的分娩。这期间,有些准妈妈会经历类似月经期的绞痛。

分娩的征兆三:子宫颈开始成熟了
  在分娩前的几天甚至几周里,假宫缩可能会做一些前期准备的工作,让你的子宫颈变软、变薄,也许还会使你的子宫颈稍微张开。如果你生过孩子,你的子宫颈在产程开始前,便有可能会打开1~2厘米。但要知道:如果这是你的第一胎,即使你怀孕40周,你的子宫颈张开了1厘米,也不能保证你马上就要生了。

分娩的征兆四:排出宫颈粘液栓,或者“见红”了
  随着分娩的临近,如果你的子宫颈开始张开,你可能会排出宫颈粘液栓——少量稠厚的粘液,在过去的9个月里,它起到密封子宫颈管的作用。这块粘栓可能会一次性成块地被排出,也可能会以增多的阴道分泌物的形式在几天内排出。这些粘液可能带血(可能是棕色、粉红色或红色的),因此叫做“见红”。见红跟宫缩增多一样,是比较容易分辨的分娩的征兆。

分娩的征兆五:羊水破裂
  当包围你宝宝的充满液体的羊水囊破裂以后,羊水会通过你的阴道流出来。在这种情况下,不论是大量涌出,还是少量渗出,你都要立即到医院就诊了。

Oh.... my SIL induced coz medical reason as blood poison. but induce for 1 wk til they gave up n when c sect.

She said v boring as everyday push in and wait and wait n push out again.

But for me, I admit early, nurse asked gynae to induce, gynae refused and said nothing wrong with me, why induce, let me take my time to naturally deliver.

Hahaha Sylvia... Think ur mil will not be the only one who will give heart attaCk! Many older folks will want to look after kids the OLDEN days way de!
And by the way, how to get defer letter to delay school?! Get from whom? Gynea? MOE?

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Gynae Name</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Natural / C sec</TD><TD>Actual Birthday</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Area </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Tigress</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6-Jan</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>17-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.63</TD><TD>Joewe</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shice</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>18-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.72</TD><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Cheese84</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>22-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD>Janelle Lena Cheng</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Valerie</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6-Jan</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>28-Dec-12</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>SurpriseBaby</TD><TD>Dr Clifford Chan</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Secret</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Freesia</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kerrie</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>tzen1001</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>2 , 3</TD><TD>Girls</TD><TD>10-Feb</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Friends78</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Yiping Faith</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>fazzyrizt</TD><TD>Dr S L Goh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Siewz</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>3-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>adehs</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>4-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Chinlee</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>4-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Thomson </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Julie_lin</TD><TD>Dr CS Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>4-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Joelle</TD><TD>Balestier </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Dawnljh</TD><TD>Dr: Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>LDG</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Wasabe</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Princess Susan</TD><TD>Dr Stephen Chew</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Pocketpig</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Shu Fen</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Azqtigger</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>9-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Kaleb</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Courgeous81</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>9-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Snowymum</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>9-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Bdmummy</TD><TD>Dr Khoo Chong Kiat</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Luckymummy11</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>shirleyjasmine</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>kris</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>13-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Canopyhaze</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bukit Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Celia</TD><TD>Dr Quek Swee Chong</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>lish_zzz</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>Dr Beh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Jordan</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Steanie</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Aspialle</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Edward Tan Zhen Jie</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Rugirly</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>yrteresa</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Colette</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>maddog</TD><TD>Dr KC Ching</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>flablee</TD><TD>Prof Tan Hak Khoon</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Geylang </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>betterworld</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Elp_mum</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Syyy</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Elliot</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Chipsnchops</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Ctrus</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Julien</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Bliss ling</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>18-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Kyler</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Karen</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>18-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Sweetdream</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>18-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>angeliqueous</TD><TD>Dr Sheila Loh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>18-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Bartley </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>piyoz</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Marcel</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Wenyl</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Josky</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>Woodlands / Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Sylvia</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>clewlezz</TD><TD>Dr Jasmine Mohd</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Elly</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Etirine</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>jumbobo</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Annteo</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>22-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Celine_040</TD><TD>Dr Sim L.N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Gareth</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>junior_jj</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Adele</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Averie</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>24-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Kiara Jolie</TD><TD>Serangoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Jo Jo</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>26-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>jennydino</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>L3x</TD><TD>Dr Andelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>29-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Lucas</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Hammiebao</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>fuzzy_love</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>31-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>sunshine_81</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Secret</TD><TD>31-Jan</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>Nickole</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7-Feb</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Updated 26 Dec 12</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

thanks chin!

for those who details are still missing, do let me know, if not, i will just delete your name from the list as it will serve no purpose of having your imcomplete details there. Thanks.

Sylvia: need defer letter meh? I went MOE website to c.. Gt 1 portion on primary sch admission, say children aged 6 from 1st jan onwards.. Blah blah.. So don tink need defer letter rite?

Anywaz, here's my conclusion.. i guess i'll induce bah.. Since induce date n my edd date onli few days apart. Will b 39+wks by then, same as #1.. Prefer my own gynae to do it. N waiting would make every1 so tensed up.. Would need to make last min arrangements for my mum to take care of #1.. So troublesome.. Soooo it's juz a few more days!!! Jiayou every1!!!

Hello mummies!!

I'm also Tampines mummy!! So if any gathering in Tampines must chio..
happy.gif

Julie I can understand your dilemma.. In fact my gynae is away this week and I'm also in my 38 weeks plus.. My #1 came out exactly 39 weeks..I also prefer to be delivered by her cos feel more at ease.. She prescribed me anti contraction pills as I have been contracting.. So I hope to be able to tahan till she's back and I will be 39 weeks then..

Pocketpig.. Most important is baby is safe.. 2012 or 2013 equally precious.. Monitor to see if you are having a show.. If in doubt better give gynae a ring to be safe..

pfshi, you asking abt how much to give ur in laws for taking care of ur child? My hb gives my MIL "jia yong", so my hb says no need to give extra. But I gave $200 when my dotter started to wean (i.e. for her to buy fish and veg for my gal since I SPECIFICALLY request). But I will buy the rest of the items (like diapers, soap, etc).

snow : i passed my strep b test, when for my checkup this morning, and was informed of my test result. How r u? bb still on scheduled to be delivered on edd?

Hi Julie &amp; Sylvia,

Taken from MOE website for 2013 Primary One intake;
"Children born between 2 January 2006 and 1 January 2007 (both dates inclusive) can participate in the 2012 Primary One Registration Exercise for admission to Primary One Classes in 2013."

Those born on 1 Jan 2007 will have to join children born in 2006... Where to get this defer letter?

On Jia yong.. We are giving our MIL close to 1k.. She buys the fish and meat for my ger, but we buy the diapers and milk powder and snacks stuff.. I think it's ok cos 1k is combined together with what we give to them for their own leisure spending also ..

canopy, why not set the date as Friday Evening 6pm. If no respond, then just remove from the list...
happy.gif

Friends, my PIL dont ask for increment cos they are helping to take care of 2 kids belonging to my BIL. And yes, my BIL and ex-SIL do not give a single cent for the kids expenditure. So... they are just happy that my hb gives them $ monthly and the extra $200 I give is like bonus...
happy.gif

canopy, congrats on passing strep b! I also passed but most prob will ask dr if I still need anti-b during delivery since I was tested positive earlier during my pregnancy. Just to make sure only la.

Me so far so good, holding my breath until 2 Jan 12! My last day in office is 31 Dec and I took the "bring kids to sch" leave on 2 Jan then 3 Jan my ML officially kicks in. I hope to deliver nearer my EDD (cos I wanna help ease my gal into her new schedule at the new kindy and my new helper).

Dr Tseng never say I will be early... How abt u?

snow : gd idea! will delete those on the list be end of this friday.

Ladies : please look thru' the spreadsheet and furnish your missing details asap, latest by end of this fri, i will delete your name from the list thereafter. Thanks.

snowger
think u hv bil who dun give, so easier as they hv comparision n dun demand

vivian/julie
yes, u hv to write to MOE from what I understand to indicate that you prefer ur kid to join 2013 batch. if nt, by sop, they will join 2012 batch

vivan
it's not the old way method, it's heart attack that MIL will cause death to newborn or even toddler.

Maybe whole day diaper never chg, poo harden and stick to poo and then nappy rashes,etc.

or starve infant or kid without proper meal....

This is my level of heart attack.

snow : Dr Tseng says i will most likely to deliver bb around the same time as my #1 which is about 39wks+. Hang in there gal, 31st Dec is just nexct Monday. i super bored at home, thought i should have just work, but couldn't really walk or stand for too long. like today, 2 passerbys asked me if i am having twins!!!

snowger

'bring kid to sch' leave? they hv such a term nw?
Yes, better to let #1 settle then bb comes. if nt, so many changes.

Sylvia: u mean after delivery need write in already? Or 6yrs later when due to register for sch than write in?

Rugirly: yup, decided to induce coz i oso prefer to have my own gynae deliver for me.. If nt no point everytime go back check up oso book same gynae rite? Anywaz induce date n my edd is onli diff by few days, nt say few wks.. Bt abit kan chiong now.. Coz it's onli a few more days!!! Hehe!!

Sylvia: it's actualli the 'back to sch with mom/dad' leave.. According to wat i know.. Last yr i tot i entitled so applied, end up kena reject by HR.. Coz kid needs to be at least 3. Haha!! Nt sure issit by law or nt.. Bt mine is like tat. Tats y abit luan now. Coz my ger onli 3 in feb.. So like tat jan nt 3 yet, can take?? Hahahha!!!

Julie

when kid older, no need now. maybe 1-2 yrs before registration for p1. think if u apply for PV, it shld be around same time.

u try taking the leave again. why age 3? some start cc fm 18mths , right. LOL!!

tell them use year n nt month to entitle such leave. LOL!!

Sylvia - your mil sounds like a terror!! It's amazing you get to meet your hubby even!!! He must be a super tough guy, for he survived her way of bringing up kiddos!
As for the deferment letter, will MOE confirm approve the delay? U have encountered such cases huh?
I seriously don't understand why kids born on 1 Jan has to join the earlier batch lei - no logic.

Julie, deferment only on the year the child is supposed to register.

Wait: iya I want a dec bb but I'm not ready. Everything is still a mess.... I missed my gynae appt today! I thought its tmr until they called me;( ... Good they could slot me in tmr.. Sigh...

Sylvia: wat's PV? My company say childcare nt included.. Muz b nursery than can take the back to sch leave.. So strict.. Oh well, i'll be asking HR la.. Bt shd b nt taking la, since gonna induce n deliver on 1st jan, so will start ML on 2nd.. Give them chance to 'eat' my leave.. Haha!!

Fullhouse: ok.. Anywaz tats 6yrs later.. U busy until forget ur gynae appt ah? Hahaha!!

Dono issit bb knows its onli a few more days left.. Keep moving non stop in tummy.. More excited than mummy.. Haha!!

Julie, got this kind of leave ah?? never heard before. i guess depends on company?

On $$ for parents, after seeing what u all had been saying. i m really 'underpaying' my mum lor. lol. i m just giving her $350 + $350 usual allowance. will increase when #2 comes out.

Canopy, i haven decide on baby's name yet. dun delete me ah.. haha.. thanks for updating
happy.gif

Joey, c-sect wound recovery depends on individual. i think i can walk slowly at home after 1 week for my #1. since i could bring my nb to see PD for his first week check. remember to take the painkillers as prescribed at hospital. last time i kay kiang, thot not so pain and plus i bfding, so din take. end up 3rd day the nurse told me to walk, i told her pain, she said 'u din take painkillers?' i told her no. then she told me off cos must take then will recover faster. can walk ard then can be discharged!
take care yah!

Bliss, i will go for wide neck bottles this time round. still undecided to use NUK or tommee tippee or avent as i have all those new ones at home, leftover from #1. lol.

BBlove, how many yrs apart is ur #1 or #2? my #1 was csect, but my gynae told me i can try for natural this time round since #1 was just 2.9kg when delivered. my #2 is ard 2.4kg at week 32 during the last check last Sat.
i m undecided whether to try VBAC or just csect.. cos i m scared of emergency csect in the end.. :S

canopyhaze > thanks for the updates ... wow, so many tampines mummy.

wasabe > Right, most important is baby safe and healthy. Btw, I noticed your EDD is earlier than me .. did you have any special feeling now?

Hi snowger, thanks.. i did not thought of combining the home allowance and pay for looking after my child.. hahaa...

cuz i thought home allowance is purely for home affairs or their own spending... and then since now they taking care of my child, in a way to compensate their 'lost' freedom, i thought of giving them 'pay'.. hahaa..

seems like some of you combine pay with home allowance and give like 1000.. hmm, tink i will follow suite loh.. hahaha...

Vivian

the MOE defer is I read somewhere.
hmm... coz sch starts fm 2nd jan?

Hahaha!! coz he survived the way MIL bought him up? Yaya

imagine reunion dinner, #1 just 1+ sitting on sofa with back facing floor. MIL at so far away 1.5m away with many things in between. another relative sitting next to #1 but her back is facing #1, her face facing us talking to us and telling us dun need to look, enjoy our dinner, she 'taking care'.

imagine anything happ, both adults in time to save from injury?

nope. so i really glue my eyes and really to spring over if anything nt right.

Julie
PV - parent voluntary

oo... or u take on 2nd jan, ml start fm 3rd jan?

Sylvia - I suspect your mil believes in the Hokkien saying <<bo>> (never fall down, won't grow up)! LOL

another thing I am keeping fingers crossed is for paternity leave to increase to 14 days... Wait until neck long long since, but like spoilt TV: no sound no picture. Sigh... Hopefully they approve of this for babies born from 1 Jan 2013! I'll be super happy!

Vivian: i doubt so la.. Hubby juz now was toking bout it oso.. Say wan implement oso nt now.. Coz dragon is baby boom year.. Bo hua.. Haha!!

Sylvia: wow, tat's scary.. Imagine falling backwards fm sofa.. Eh don tink will take back to sch leave la.. Coz if boss know i deliver on 1st still take back to sch leave on 2nd.. Like weird leh.. I still wan my promotion.. Hahaha!!!

Urrgh...upset over my new maid!! She claims she knows how to take care of children..cos she has a kid. Left my boy with her for a while when I went to take a nap..came out, saw my son biting/ chewing on a paint brush (they were supposed to do painting together)..and she said she did not see. Yest, she tried to get up a cab, but opening the driver's door! Said that that is how it is back home. my goodness...

I better calm down - else the stress may cause contractions... URGHH....

Pocketpig.. Just have contractions that are quite painful.. But not consistent frequency .. Gynae said my bb head is still high.. But for my #1.. I also went into labour at 39 weeks even though head was high, I had contractions 2 mins apart and admitted myself.. My bb head only move down during labour.. Gynae did mention for #2 most of the time baby head will move down during labour and not that early cos more loose already lol

vivian

I think if she takes care, wont even grow up loh.

Julie
yes, that is not the only time. Plus she will give the super innocent look when things really happ.. like how come like that? it shld nt happ. not my fault kind of expression.

So I never leave kids alone with her without glue my eyes and ready to save ball aka kid.

To me is either I 气死 or 气疯 so better dun avoid meet. :p

Julie - I'm still hoping that garmen will try to pacify the civilians a bit and give some sweets... After all, it has been quite an eventful year (politically wise). If they implement the 14 days paternity leave from Jan 2013, I will temporary forget about the scandals of SCDF, CNB &amp; MP... As well as the strike by the FTs! Hahaha!

Snowger, good for u ... me different lah...Your inlaws financially independent and still got work on and off. Mine r the odd job type with no formal education and still need to finance housing loan and day to day bills...

Sylvia, agreed. I close both eyes when dealing with mil... Hubby always the bad guy to correct or tell MiL off... So far still happy with the arrangement...

Chin
their driver seat is diff side from ours so she might nt be wrong, but she din use eyes to see, heart to observe.

relax!! angry no good for u nw.

Wasabe - for both my kids, I did not get engaged at all - so bb head was high in both till actual delivery. Same as you.But this time, I seem to feel the movement and wriggles of the baby very very low.

Sylvia - I know, I was actually amused yest. But then again, there was a driver inside at that time, so the driver was also quite surprised that she tried repeatedly to open the his door. Today, a different matter. It points to exactly what you say - never observe. She has also left my son next to the condo pool and she ran back to grab her slippers. Luckily I saw, and shouted for her not to leave my 2 year old there alone.

ladies : keep those info coming. will update the spreadsheet later. for those who have yet to decide on bb's name, just put "TBA". would appreciate if all the mummies can cooperate and furnish the details. thanks.

Back