(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Jo3, good to hear u're resting well! Even if u go to the fair, get your DH along to carry the goods! Dun carry them yourself! Remember to feed/pump regularly to prevent engorgement wor.
happy.gif

Faithfully, you're a 伟大的母亲 to endure so much pain for ur little one. Rest well!

Hazel, u buy so many diapers not scared Belle outgrow the size very quickly?
happy.gif

Angel, can imagine ur frustration. Yeah, they shldn't have promised if they can't do it. Never mind, dun stay angry. Not good for mummy n baby.
happy.gif

Popped already! But by emergency CS. Dr loh advised CS for me. I endured for 10 hrs and only dilate 1 cm! I can't wait as they worried abt infection.

Baby is 2.84kg and 51cm!

Luv, thanks!
happy.gif
I am ok, won't let this little thing affects me & baby. Just wanna mention here so that the other sisters going to the fair are aware.

Tanny, I suspected emergency c section too coz she can't dilate after so many hrs.

LuvNhope, I buy different sizes mah.

Hazel, yah! But strangely I didn't thought about scolding them at all.. Hmm.. maybe the hormones in me now makes me more forgiving.. :p

Hazel - i suspect so too. N worst fears come true.

Faithfully - when r u discharging? Im here on 5th floor. But they nvr serve me milo and I asked for their red date drink cos my mom and mil nvr bring to me. Im almost using up 2 of their maternity pads. I brought my pureen but it's not loop so can't use they say.

Congrats Tanny
happy.gif
I was just mentioning about your endurance to hubby during lunchtime, can tahan without epi till 5am (your last post this morning). Gd to hear its all past now and resting well
happy.gif

I think can request for a flask of red dates tea, go for it!!

Hi Angel, what did you get at the taka fair? Sounds like quite a fruitful trip
happy.gif

In fact, can deposit purchased items at Taka or Tangs etc customer service counters. Will be given a number tag for later collection. I've done that couple of times since pregnant, then I'll go shopping about and collect the bags before leaving the shopping center, or wait for hubby to come after work to help pick them up.

Gosh, I miss window shopping already...

Hi Sashamama, I also get very tired after meals these days. Was getting the ingredients for red dates tea today after lunch, realised the items were too heavy, too ambitious. So I just went into the bank and sat there, resting, catch my breathe, feeling weak...summoned hubby to come pick up the goods. Really feeling very 'useless' now lol...

These days, it's like no matter how much I sleep, I still feel tired, maybe cos it's not quality sleep, wake up a lot at night to pee, eat and pain here and there...

Baby Penguin, all the best to your scan nxt week. Your baby was 2.7kg previously right? Good weight
happy.gif

Tanny, congratz! Finally can hold your baby in your arm
happy.gif

Why can't use pads not loop type?

Went to Taka fair. Indeed saw those baskets near cashier unattended n very messy.

Bought some more clothes for 3-6mths, hubby scared not enough. Told me to buy some more hankies, bibs, beanies. I told him, we have more than enough.

Baby, Tanny just had a c section. Loop pad is easier for the nurse to help her change n also can go panty less! After a few days when the pain is more managable she can use any type she prefers.

Hi tanny,
U are so super!!! I can imagine if I go thru so much pain. Btw I am on 3rd level, 1 bedded... U rest well... Nw I trying to walk abit but it quite tough and I hv to breathe in and out when I walk... I sit until butt numb...

Baby, actually even natural delivery, the nurse will wear loop pad for us after delivery. Since they opened a pack n charged to us, I will finish them first before using my self adhesive ones. If not wasted.

Congrats to Tanny..;) think u can hv a gd sleep tonight..;)

Hi luvnhope
Thks ya.. I no need asks, hb sure help me.. He has been a great help to me this period.. Become auntie who oways go market buy meat, fish etc for me to eat well., btw, i hv been feeding my bbies regularly neh, not sure why still can hv milk lump in it.. Makes me so worry n hv to keep massage now.. I like kkh service.. Very pro to breastfeeding.. After i see them last nite, a LC call me this morning to find out how am i n asks me whether i still want go visit them today.. Hv a gd chat with her too..;) how long u bf ur num 1?

Hi Faithfully
Walk careful.. I dun dare walk much till day 3 when i walk to attend their nursery class.. It seems the journey so near yet so far.. I walk damm slow like an old lady..;) i stay in third floor (rm no 313) two wks ago too.. So coincident tt my friend oso stay there two mths ago when she give birth.. U not staying same rm ba? Btw, u shd be discharging on Fri hor? Take care..

Tromso, how many weeks are you now? Pls be good, rest at home and no shopping/window shopping unless our hubby is with you okie..Don't think you missed out much from Taka fair as I believe you should be very well prepared already.

Today I exercised self control and have to go light. Thus, only bought 3 pieces of 3-6 mth clothes (but look more like 0-3 mth size which is what I want), mittens & booties set x2, a pack of 6 hankies, Gaia bath & body wash x2 and baby massage oil. KIV some other stuffs, intend to check out Baby Expo Fair first.

After my op, I shivered /chattered n groaned all the way from the op room to my room on 5th floor. it was really painful! Think the GA must hv went off. Epidural can't go in for me - was too tensed up. Epidural to me just felt like a stick being hammered into yr spine 4 times... so much pain..

Angel : Endured till 8am without Epi. Next bed must hv heard me whinning away...

I admin in on tues but check out on fri, does that consider 3 or 4 days stay? when I admit in the customer counter say I will discharge on fri.

Tanny, OMG..you felt so much pain.. Firstly, can't imagine after 10hrs of endurance, you have to give up natural delivery and switched to e c-sec. (if this could make you feel slightly better - my friend endured 13 hrs then switched to e c-sec).

Secondly, I thought that usually after an op, there should be a doctor around to observe and administer pain killer the moment the patient regains consciousness and feels pain? C-sec is different?

Lastly, didn't know having epidural injected can be so painful.. 妈妈真是很伟大!

Hi morning,
I also go thru Csec the jab they give me at my spine wasn't as painful as the one that they drip me... It feel something like ant bite but can feel the needle going in cos the needle is long.

My diabetes doc just came and told me I can go bk as normal, eat normal no need to monitor sugar level... So happy!!

But Dr. Ang came this morn and told me bb start to hv abit jaundice due to her having combine blood grp.. Like AB+. I hope bb jaundice wont increased... Worry for her...

Hi Faithfully, gd to hear your blood sugar is behaving well now
happy.gif
For jaundice, not sure if you subscribe to this, that is to avoid/ minimise ginger and also make sure enough fluids going to baby to flush it out. I was at medicinal hall earlier this week to get my red dates tea packs and the tcm dr suggested giving NB some water to prevent jaundice (esp if not producing enough bm yet), since we all grew up taking water as babies and nothing went wrong with us she says. Anyways just food for thots...

Hope your baby will cruise through without Jaundice. Do you have a name already?

Tues to Fri...I was told start counting after 12mn, not sure if it'll be like 4 days for your case. Do let us know
happy.gif

Tanny, epi sounds do frightening
sad.gif
Didn't know can fail to poke through...sigh... your baby will be a strong fighter like you too
happy.gif

Btw your colostrum came in already? Did you request for red dates tea in flask? I wonder if they still give that now. Or charge per cup...

Angel, I've been wondering what week I am at, lol... According to dr Loh's latest scan, I'm 38 week day 1 now but according to original EDD, I'm 36 week day 7 now. Wonder which is correct... Hope you'll get more shopping done at Baby Expo, it's a great sensation getting the list ticked through
happy.gif

Hi tromso,
Forgot to tell u guys her name, Vera is her name.

I was check in on tues 9+ am but really start my Csec at 11am. So am not sure is 3 or 4 days. Btw i change my room frm 2 to 1 bedded on 2nd day, how do they charge for the 1 bedded?

The doc say Vera start to hv abit so still need to monitor. Now bb need to go for jaundice test... So worry... Somemore I hvnt start producing milk only hv coloslum. Hope so is fine..

Faithfully, i like your girl's name. Vera sounds so sweet.
Glad you can resume your diet. There is a diabetic doc also? Hope Vera's will not hv jaundice.

Vera, that's a lovely name, complimenting your nick, means 'faith' right?

Faithfully, usually colostrum for first few days, bm will come in later if I'm not wrong. Take more fluids and milk ok, relax and bm will come
happy.gif
Have fenugreek on standby too
happy.gif

Did you bring your bp there?

Jo3, ur DH very sweet to u. Think he really appreciates all that you've been thru to have the twins.
happy.gif

I BFed my #1 for 1 year plus until i kept getting what i suspected was mastitis then had to stop. Had to mix with FM which i was initially upset abt but came to terms with eventually. Actually was reluctant to stop at first cos i feel i wld miss the special bonding time with her, as i'm sure u understand.
happy.gif

Maybe u need to increase the frequency of feed / pumping to prevent the blocked duct. Know it's not easy. Jiayou!

Tanny, u're prob too tense like u said, cos u've endured pain for so many hours. When they administer epi, it's important that we stay still and not be too tense. I found it okay too, just a bit scary cos it's poking so near our spine. Fingers crossed that second time round will be fine too!

Tromso, another school of thought is that with baby's small small tummy, they can't take in so much fluid, so if we feed them water, they can't take in BM. This was also a point of contention between me and the older generation a few years back. Gotta come to an understanding with them lor.
Wow, looks like ur baby is growing fast! That's why EDD shifts forward!

Faithfully, Vera is a beautiful name.
happy.gif
Don't worry. Just continue feeding when u can. Ur milk will come in soon.

Luv, that's true, can't take too much water. I was watching a ch 8 or U show about celebrity daddies. Calvin Soh's son had jaundice cos the wife insisted on bf but had very very little milk. So baby wasnt able to pass out enough urine to rid the rising jaundice condition.

They invited Wong Boi Boi to their home and WBB prescribed water, I'm actually quite surprised with this too. Actually the baby was also constantly wanting to feed and made lotsa noise, like needed feeding after 1 hr each time. So i think WBB used water as placebo. I guess a little is ok, not like half to a bottle. It's really a delicate balance with newborns, sigh....not easy.

Ladies, have been a silent reader all these while.

My school of thought is similar to LuvnHope. infant cannot take in water because of kidney not fully developed. Too much fluid will cause kidney to have problem, especially if the bb is on full BM. BM is good enough to flush out jaundice, unless ur bb has BM jaundice, may take a longer time to heal.

Ginger is not proven to worsen jaundice. Jaundice is caused by having too much bilirubin being produced for the liver to remove from the blood. Old myth always relates yellowish stuff to worsen jaundice. My #1 has high jaundice that he has to be hospitalised for a few days and took him almost 6weeks to recover fully. although i didnt eat much ginger during my confinement, and i didnt even touch a single during the first 2 weeks, i still cannot bring his jaundice down to optimal level.

Tromso, I watched that show too!!
happy.gif
Quite nice to see the daddies taking care of baby for a change. Yeah, it's a delicate balance we gotta strike. That's why it's so tough in the initial stages.

Luv, in this case, do you know if Im considered week 36 or 37 now? lol...so confusing. As a safety measure, I'm asking baby to hang in there for at least a couple of days more. I really don't dare to move around much now, but once pass today (if I'm indeed only 36 weeks 7 day today), I'll start my gentle yoga at home and walks.

Sugary, really? I didn't dare to take ginger in my last confinement too leh. Maybe i'll ask doc next time. Did ur #1 have BM jaundice or the other type?

Angelxuan, after delivery, painkillers r oral med. we will be precribed that. The nurse will bring when is time for medicine.

Tromso, hee... I'm also not very sure. But i think can go with the latest estimation by Dr Loh? That wld be most accurate, won't it?

Luvnhope,

mine is the actual jaundice, not the BM jaundice. Dr advise to ONLY feed BM to flush out , but it really takes him a long time to recover. even sun-tanning him under the morn sun daily doesnt help.

Yes Luv...in a way I'm glad my baby is not first grandchild on my parents' side. Cos I really do see a lot of discrepancies betw the grandparents' and young parents' practices. My sis was insisting on WBB's standards and really caught my mum off guards. But my mum is well trained now, I just had to make sure my hubby 'monitors' a few things, as for instance, my mum likes to be thrifty on the cotton balls, use 1 ball for both eyes...lol...

My mum may secretly feed baby with water too I feel haaa...they believe need to clean the mouth after each milk feeds. Also pacifier!! I've spoken to my mum about few concerns I have after 'reviewing' the pampering treatments to my niece, so hubby and I will be assisting alongside and making sure. My mum is ace lah, just that the new standards these days are sooooo worlds apart from then, mum has a gd attitude towards listening and learning, so we just need to be polite and respectful when conveying our thoughts across
happy.gif

Sugary, think with BM, it takes a longer time for jaundice to clear. So ironic right, that the supposedly healthier BM delays their recovery...

Tanny, Congrats! Having suffered for so long but not much dilation. most importantly, you and bb are safe! surprising epi was painful, maybe like Luv said, u were too tense up.

Faithfully, what a nice name for your gal!

Luv, like sugary said, ginger not really cause for jaundice.

tromso, my #1 jaundice was like the celebrity dad's case. coz beginning didnt know blocked ducts and no bm so in the end, ended up my gal was more of not enough fluids so cant flush out the biliirubins in the system. but after her jaundice cured, and me seeing LC etc so far ok.

When u give BM, that is like the water to them.
I didnt give water much to my gal at the beginning but ended up I regretted too because when she was older, i had to try and force feed her to drink water coz she's not used to the taste.

Tromso, at least it's ur mum, easier to communicate and negotiate than with MIL!
happy.gif
Nothing beats having ur own trusted family member taking care of baby.

Back