(2012/12) Dec 2012

Thanks, snowing. I was a bit worried when I saw your post just now, because yesterday I ate so much cabbage! Ordered chap chye and a soup and both dishes had so much cabbage in it. And because I had no appetite for meat and anything else, I finished all the cabbage. Never had so much cabbage before in my life.

Mama ling: opps sorry to make u worried! If u feel ok then I think shld be fine for u to take. Cos my gastric has always been unwell even before preg so gynae told me to avoid eating too much of it as it will make me feel worse.

Very scary the way he said. Cos he say if indigestion the food will rot inside body.. :/

But I think cabbage is liang too rite? SO maybe eat in moderation

chubbyfingers - The perm arrangement will be the 2 kids sleep in one room by themselves. We hope by then, we can do without the maid.

snowing - do u know what other food is not good ie cause wind? I get a lot of wind in my tummy nowadays. Can empty stomach also cause wind?

Oh dear, cabbage is liang some more? Looks like I really should watch my diet. Thanks for pointing out! What other vegetables can I eat?

My gynae is so relaxed, says everything can eat.

Eeeks, food rotting inside the body. Was he exaggerating or does he look serious?

I just have my second appointment this morning! Hee finally can see the sac or water bag! ^ ^ hmm base on my last period edd is 27 dec but just now the scan Gynae give me an approx edd which is 31 dec! Hahas.

My Gynae only advice me to cut down coffee and tea and don't eat pineapple and papaya.

Pommes: Got a few type of veggie will cause wind, cauliflower, broccoli. Tats all I remember for now. Need to go home refer to the list. Gynae say eat more green leafy veggie.

Jellow: Congrats! My gynae never mention abt cutting down coffee or tea, he jus say my coffee dont add milk will be ok. Haha! But I think we should cut down to be safe. I forget to ask gynae about my EDD!!! SObs.. Next appt is in May! So long...

Snowing, if you have gastric problems, you should try to take less coffee. I used to have bad gastric problems and taking coffee never fails to "activate" my gastric problem! Can you see your EDD on the scan picture?

Jellow, unripe papaya has high concentration of latex which can cause complications such as early delivery. And it is hard to differentiate between ripe and unripe papaya so best to avoid it, if I understand correctly. Pineapples are very liang & acidic, and used by earlier generations if they want to do their own abortion.

snowing, did your gynae says how many weeks are you? If yes, then u input the information into those pregnancy apps and you can calculate your edd.

kong kong, I know we shouldn't take too spicy food but I love the tom yam I ate ytd!!! I think I will go for it again, not scare of LS! wahaha...

mama ling: Yup im cutting down coffee. In fact didnt really drink much, dunno why, no craving for it. Maybe baby dont like? But i still drink tea but cut down too.

Sasa: I bought cake for tea later if I get hungry.

By the way, can we eat seaweed? Those seaweed tibits??

I would be having this. Can tell wat is it?
6962721.jpg

Yup its tau sa piah! I bought the sweet ones. Prefer sweet things to salty.

sasayeo, you see the bottom of your page there is an "upon attachement" button, just click on it and upload the pic. But size must be small. If too big, the website would not support. wah you can lie on your office floor!! Really not bad hor ur working environment. lol...no government.

Sun tan: Im at wk7+. How accurate is those online due date calculator? Usually preg is 40 wks? Haha sorry Im very blur abt all these

snowing, at quite accurate. but you need to put 7 weeks xx days. you can then get a rough idea when ur edd is at.

post our table once again in case it got lost too far back:

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep </TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee </TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Cheers </TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Angelic </TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

snowing, too much carbs oso cannot ~ wah ~ i've been eating bread and rice and muffins daily ~ lols

sasayeo, the pic is nice
happy.gif

catherine - yeah yeah! maybe we have bumped into each other before ;p

sasayeo - that's a nice pix.

Why too much carbo also cannot? because of weight gain?

JLJ: Cannot follow exactly. How to dont eat rice when its our staple food. I also eat rice everyday. I'm surprise to see bread and rice on the list too and Im thinking like tat no need to eat liao. Faints~

But try to watch out for sodium and sugar intake. My cousin wife had to deliver like 1-2 mths in advance due to dangerously high blood pressure.

If someone is updating the list, my EDD based on scan is 29 Nov (out of range in the table, haha) but based on calculations should be 1 Dec. Thanks! Up to now I still can't figure out how to add table even though u gals explain it.

Updated table.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep </TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee </TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Cheers </TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>snowing</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Angelic </TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

snowing, haha i was wondering wat to eat if bread and rice cannot ~

Sodium is salt ?

Sugar ~ haiz i've been eating ice cream almost everyday ~ keep craving for it.

Now these few days super jia lat, keep eating and drinking non stop =.='''' every 1 hr must bite something and drink water/juice/milk

JLJ: Ya I also keep eating! Cos if Im hungry and dont eat I will get gastric pain and nauseous. Damn scare leh! Gain alot of weight how?? Tat day at gynae there measure already gain abit!

Yes sodium is salt.

JLJ, i am like that too! Keep having the crave to eat something. But i trying hard to control. Cannot let weight gain go out of control man. Now my bottoms are starting to feel tight le!
sad.gif
Tight becos getting fat, not becos of bb bump.

Gals, can eat but I think it's good to remind ourselves to eat healthily. I found it hard to curb myself sometimes with #1. Maybe more fruits, and healthy snacks like almonds?

I think rice and bread are staples and can eat, but try not to eat too much. Wholemeal bread and brown rice are considered complex carbos and considered healthy carbos. Too much carbos may increase the blood sugar and those with gestational diabetes will need to be careful with the amount of carbos they take in.

snowing and sun_tan, if i nvr eat i will feel nausea. I oso scare lor, cos I am heavy b4 i preggy. Later dunno how to slim back lor.

Snowing, you can refer to this acceptable pregnancy weight gain:

<table border=1><tr><td>Pre-pregnancy weight</TD><TD>Recommended weight gain </TD></TR><TR><TD>Underweight (BMI less than 18.5)</TD><TD>28 to 40 pounds (about 13 to 18 kilograms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Normal weight (BMI 18.5 to 24.9)</TD><TD>25 to 35 pounds (about 11 to 16 kilograms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Overweight (BMI 25 to 29.9)</TD><TD>15 to 25 pounds (about 7 to 11 kilograms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Obese (BMI 30 or more)</TD><TD>11 to 20 pounds (about 5 to 9 kilograms)</td></tr></table>

I'm forcing myself to eat walnuts now. My mum bought and force me to eat everyday. Say walnut is good in building bb's brain. But it doesn't taste good. :/

mama_ling, i take fruits for afternoon snacks..
Btw, almonds can eat ?

I went to NTUC shopping last nite and bought milk, ribena, vege biscuits to office to munch.

Yes, almonds and walnuts are ok to eat.

Anyone likes passion fruits? They are fantastic for MS because they are so sour!

Does any one of you have problems getting your #1 to eat fruits. Mine doesn't like fruits at all and it is giving me a real headache. I think he likes only durians! I recall I used to eat a lot of fruits during pregnancy so I really don't know why he is rejecting fruits.

JLJ, can eat. If you love then eat more, is good for BB's brain since this is the time they are developing.

Mamaling, all fruits also you don't like? There must be a fruit which you can accept, no?

JAJ, I like all kinds of fruits. It is my son who doesn't eat any fruits, except durians. He used to like bananas, but there was once my mum accidentally gave him a "lor kor" banana and that was it, he gave a puking expression and from then on, no more bananas for him.

Back