(2012/11) Nov 2012

mummies interested in yoga.
sorry i haven checked the true yoga near my place, but theres one called One Wellness at Robinson Tower .pre natal is on every tuesday 6.30pm ($200 for 8 lessons)
althought the place is very near my office, but i knock off 5.30pm.. so i prefer to go at 6pm or something... not sure yet still looking around.

piggiedearz, I have exact same problem as u! our symptoms are so similar! recently I have craving to eat spicy food.. last week ate tom yam or nasi padang almost everyday.. if I buy 1 bowl of soup.. I cannot finish all 1 shot.. so will split into 2 or 3 meals.. then other times eat cream bun, brownies, paus, lychees, sometimes chocs etc.. I also sian of porridge, bread.. If i dont eat every 2-3 hours, I will get nauseous again.. so keep having to keep tummy full.. I also running out of things to eat.. cos of aversion to most foods!
sad.gif

Mrs Teo, I'm having Monday blues
sad.gif
had to drag myself out of bed this morning.. sigh..
My entire office knew I was preggy when I was in week 7 itself.. cos I was on hosp leave for 2 mths! now even my boss is pregnant.. she just found out last week.. lol

charmaine,last week i also cant see the gender yet, same as you, the bb is showing us the back and can see very nice back bones only..gotta wait till FA scan next month 25th june...neck very long liao..cos wanted to start buying things during this GSS..lol..

Lalaa, im also craving spicy food all the time but only dinner time i cant finish all 1 shot..so morning and lunch time will try to eat more meals..i also eat a lot of junk food like potato chips (Lays - my fav), chili tapioca and mee siam cup noodles..i know its not healthy..but just couldnt resist...

still having blocked nose and now the phlegm is still there...very xin ku when sleeping with blocked nose and the phlegm like staying at the throat there..trying to spit out the phlegm but just too much of them...haih..

mummies, gynae did prescribe the antibiotic for sore throat for me last week, i ate 4 of them and already recovered...should i finish all the antibiotic?

hi lalaa, its so nice to have boss same time pregnant as u right? at least she understands what u r going thru...my ladyboss gave me black face everyday n didnt say anything when i informed her..so bad..obviously shes not happy that i got pregnant again so soon...see her face everyday very gek xim

jo, i dint finish all the antibiotic..stop when i recover..actually v er xin when i swallow those pills so big..

chrisq, im lucky tt all my bosses are male..they are v caring and understanding..last time i hv lady boss in my previous co she also gv black face if any lady staff pregnant...v sian hor if see them like dat

ya lor..very sian..n even more sian when u need to take urgent leave when ur kid is sick, she will make sarcastic remarks, but when her kid is sick, she no need to take leave n just tell us she's working from home...so irritating!!! i wish for male bosses....

exactly ! she can tk leave as and when she like cos she is lady boss mah..if we ask to tk leave she answer "u always hv such reason..try to get someone to help u next time" wah biang !

2 weeks ago my #1 got hfmd..i sms my male boss saying tt i take 1 week CCL..he even msg me back and tell me to take care dont think abt work haha

twinkle24: I booked a CL when I was in my 5th or 6th week.. and the one we really wanted was already booked for nov-dec! Anyway now I'm thinking whether to switch to tingkat instead. I'm not sure where to let the CL sleep leh and 2.2k is a lot of money. But hubby says it's better to stick with her otherwise it will be very tiring for me.

Mine is a male boss too. And I'm kinda blessed coz his wife is pregnant and she went thru a very bad first trimester also. So he understands when I'm feeling sick and blue.

jo, porky: Better to finish all the antibiotics right?

Mrs Teo & Lalaa, I am Monday blue also
sad.gif
. Cannot sleep well last two nights as always cough due to dry and itching feeling in my throat.

Ladies, My baby should be boy loh.. Went to visit Gyane last Sat which is my 14wks +6dyas. The gyane pointed out and told us that is baby's xiao JJ.. haha

pinkie, actually the nurse say must finish..but i really hate to tk

liz, congrats on knowing baby gender ! im still waiting...

Hi Yanyan and porky, thanks.. I hope I will get better soon too!

Jo's mummy: I also have blocked nose.. Worse, whenever I lie down, both noses got blocked! Very difficult to sleep.. Always struggle to sleep although very sleepy
sad.gif
breathing with mouth, but soon the mouth/throat feels very dry...

Mornin mummies...congrats lily on knowin d gender
happy.gif
agree dat cl is very tricky..beta to hire those recommended by close frens...im lucky my mum doing for me.my #1 I had a huge quarrel wif mil.she wasnt doin confinement for me but insisted in stayin over.den everyday stress me say I no milk,starvin her grandchild..nearly depression bcos of her..luckily I persisted n my mum was encouraging..
Haiz,my ger stil haven recovered fr her runny nose n cough..super whinny..every lil thg oso cry..

Porky,i tink antibiotics once u start mus finish leh..else next time yr body wil b resistant to d drug or smthg like n den if u get sick again,it wil b worse..

lizliz, pigmohippo, me too. throat very dry adn when u wake up in the morning, very pain.
Not sure if we can take manuka honey. I may try to take every morning, and perhaps have a bottle of honey water next to bed.

mummies, taking tingkat: from experience, the food are quite salty. For my #1, i did not want to have CL, but end up getting one from PEM the day i deliever. Coz my parents worry how am i going to take care of the baby (my MIL is very old u see)
so end up with CL and tinkat. CL very nice. she cook for me in the end because she not agreeable with tinkat confinement food. she says some ingredients shd not be use... since i din have much appetite during confinement, i basically survived on bread and milk.. and only take the fish and soup CL prepared.

for the next one, i will be hiring CL. they do help a great deal (provided u get the nicer ones) all depends on luck.

Hi all mummies...

It's been a while since I last post but I have been reading up quietly.. Since last wed night was really a bad week for me, got full mouth of ulcers and later on fri night got spots on both hand & feet. I was confirm by both gynae & GP that I was diagnose with HFMD.

I was depress that it might affect the baby, gynae did say it's very low risk. Read up online and tell myself positively it's not that bad. Well, now I'm quarantine at home for a week! Feel so bored and crazy to be home! Can't even step out! Was actually thinking of going to Philip carnival sales but I'm in jail now..

Sorry all mummies gonna listen to my ranting.... Pls be very very careful when you're outside... My current closest friend is my 2 doggies and tv to keep myself entertains.. lol...

Btw, hows the preparation going on? Im searching for massage lady, any recommendation?

Hi gals.. U all blessed with good bosses..mine is female boss.. Tho she is quite nice to me but very dependent on me.. The most sian part is ask me take 3 mths ML instead of 4 mths.. Haiz..

I didnt go to gynae when i had this flu.. Went to gp & he prescrbe me with fedac.. It is drowsy so i only take at nite.. Daytime i cannot take coz i need to work or take care of my gal.. Nitetime then i can take..

The gss very tempting.. Went robinson yday but didnt buy anything..coz my elder gal is running ard.. Cant shop with her ard but i am shopping like crazy online.. Those sprees.. Carters, disney were all on sale..even crayola! I bot quite a fair bit for my elder gal & abit for the little bb coz the 2nd one can wear her sis clothes..haha.. Advantage of the same gender..

pigmohippo, ya i understand u!! the nose only blocked when lie down!!it has been 1week..not getting quality sleep...

Rin, i didnt finished the antibiotic as worry it's not good for bb..so just stop when my throat is ok..

hey mommies... i read in the pregnancy book that blocked, stuffy and smtimes runny noses are common during 2nd trimester.. u all got try vicks to relieve the stuffiness?

hi lalaa.. wa we really hv similar symptoms... sigh its such a torture. at least u hv cravings.. i don't hv. i keep wondering hw long i have to suffer like this... cannot help it. really no strength to continue like this. i think its a gd time that your boss is pregnant now, hopefully she will be more understanding towards u and you will have an easier time at work

hi yan yan.. i read that u can try feel hot water in a bowl n put some vicks in it n inhale the steam. more troublesome la but can try if it will make u feel better

rin, i stop when recover too...i still hv 20+ tablets leh..if wan to finish i sure faint. i got the same kind of mil like u...wasnt doing confinement but gv lots of comments..i bf my baby in my room and lock it..when i finish and come out she will ask if baby got drink full anot wan make fm for him...

Linda:

i could understand how u feel, my gal gotten hfmd not long last month and I was quarantined with her for a week. Hope u get better soon. U have license to eat ice cream, smooth ur ulcer n throat.

i have a malay massage lady that I'm engaging, if interested could pm me.

linda, my hb got hfmd from my #1 previously too...GP say adults recovery is slower than kid ? u must tk care ya

ahko80, can u pm me your massage lady ? tks

talking abt CL, when I having #1, there were 2 CL employed. The 1st one was a stand-in for the 2nd one for a wk cos I delivered too early. But then within 2 days I chased the 1st one away, i rather take care the bb myself n ask my mum to help out on the meals a while. We couldn't communicate with her well and she had hearing problems which she didn't admit. Both my hub and I felt stressed with her ard. It was my hub which really couldn't take it and ask her to leave.

Hi mummies

I feel lousy too - headaches, blocked or runny nose etc. I do not have cravings and feel sick of eating! Always feel lost to decide what to eat..

jo's mummy - Now when u mention chilli tapioca, I feel like eating it too.. later must go get.. hehe

Chrisq & yanyan - Oh dear. Luckily my boss is quite understanding from the start. well dont't care.. our health & baby is more impt than anything else.. so I really slow down at work now.. don't wanna stress myself unnecessarily..

Ladies - I also feel itchy throat at nights & blocked nose sometimes.. I read that it's a common symptom in 2nd trimester..

piggiedearz - don't give up! I'm going thru roller coaster ride too.. some days are ok.. some days I feel so terrible cos of the MS.. just know that you're not alone.. we all can support each other here
happy.gif
we have only 6 months more to go & it'll be all worth it
happy.gif

lalaa... i duno hw to carry on. smtimes i cry at meals cos i really can't eat yet very hungry and gastric unwell and nausea coming up. duno wad to do good. very scared tt i'll breakdown soon. and when i think of the 6mths to go, all d more i feel like giving up cos i cannot take it anymore, duno hw long this is going to last. sorry to sound so negative again.. hope i don't affect u. dreading dinner tonight. what do u normally eat for main meals like lunch and dinner?

hi wendy... sorry i can't help u as i have the same problem of eating. for blocked nose u can try vicks by applying under the nose or inhaling thru steam... see if it helps? i read it from preg books

piggiedearz - u taking the medicine that TCM gave u? give it some time to take effect.. should be better soon.. don't worry k
Lunch or Dinner I don't have much choices due to my aversions. always end up eating same things.. seafood soup or tom yam soup & rice, chicken rice, nasi padang.. dinners are usually worse cos appetite gets worse.. lunch can eat a bit better.. today I tried dim sum for lunch.. seemed to help to reduce the MS a lot.. maybe u try that too..

hey piggiedearz, thanks but I don't like to apply anything under the nose sighh..
As for meals, I will eat like handmade noodles, fishball noodles, porridge etc..

porky, sounds like i have the same ladyboss as u did!! she also said the same thing to me when my gal down with UTI & HFMD...asked me to get someone to help..and also seems like we r sharing the same mil!! hahaha..my mil said the same thing as well..haa

Piggie: Did you try fish porridge... it's easy to swallow and good for the baby. Plus the ginger in it can help to dispel wind.

for dinner, i dont hv much choices too...v sian to think what to eat..i prefer soupy stuff but easily hungry..lunch still ok..i can tk cai fun, homemade noodles, prawn noodles..

chrisq, haha ! we are in the same boat..lets pray for the best this time round

Porky, me too don have much choices for dinner as hubby always go to the same market to buy dinner..so end up i sometimes eat bread/buns/instant noodle...

Wendy, there is this Vicks in small tube type which u can put near ur nose and inhale the vicks. i used it now everyday before sleep and it did soothes the blocked nose..maybe u can try to get it..

Lalaa, yeah!! only 5mths + left...i think i will deliver early like end of October bcos for my 1st, im early for 18days..so if this time also early 2weeks, it will be around 20th Oct onwards very near to hb bday..

lalaa.. ya i took the first dose ytd.. tmr and thurs will take another 2 more doses. what dim sum items do u take? i always gets hits n misses with pork items, so i dare nt try dim sum. so far im only quite ok with fish though not much each time. the other meat items rarely can take. basically nothing much to eat except plain porridge or mee sua or kuey tiao. very bland and no nutrition.

pinkie.. ya im eating fish porridge most of the time, smtimes see le also wan vomit. so i just take plain porridge smtimes.

porky.. i wish i can take handmade noodles and prawn noodles.. used to eat them often last time but nw no cravings and i cannot stand the taste...

jo, my mil cook our dinner...always the same few dishes too. or mayb bcos my appetite no good, i find those dish v boring but dont dare to tell her haha

oh btw, we can take instant noodles ? will it be harmful to baby ? i was too hungry last sat and cook half a pack to eat..aft tt feel a bit guilty lol..

piggiedearz, every preg is different hor..i use to like fish porridge and fish soup w rice..but now i cant tk this anymore..however i find tt homemade noodles and prawn noodle taste nicer now..hehe

gosh piggiedearz.. me too used to love ban mian & prawn mee n fishball mee last time, now I take 1 bite & I will throw up! I eat noodles I get hungry very fast, so usually take rice.. last Sat I crave for Mac Cheeseburger.. after eating wanna throw up! I also mostly take only fish or prawns.. other meat is depend on luck if wanna stay in or not.. last week I ate stingray & quite enjoyed it..
dim sum try the veg ones first.. I took mostly the veg ones today.. scared to try the pork ones..

jo's mummy: I'm hoping I deliver early also! it's my #1, so dunno if I'll be early or late...

piggie: I'm also taking less meat these days. Used to love chicken but now I prefer fish and veg. How about steam fish with porridge? I've been eating threadfin (ngor-hee).. steamed with soya sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Sometimes we'll add some tofu. Goes very well with plain porridge.

Yah threadfin is good. I've been eating that too. It doesn't have the fishy smell. Can add plum and tomato so it's a bit sourish and more appetizing. Can add a bit of salted veggie or tung cai too.

What do you all plan to get at the motherhood fair this week? Is it to early to buy pram and cot?

laruru, i need to get new bottles and some baby stuff..pram and cot can see the price first. order and deliver later ? anyway i will wait till confirm gender then decide on the colour haha

Piggie:i feel u.i had bad runny nose,cough n fever for 2 wks den oso ms durin early preg den plus my #1 so sticky n im hm alone reali depressed.i cried so many times in front of my #1 until she oso scared,kept very quiet.i oso cldnt eat but yet gastric.there were days where I only eat like 2-3 slices of bread entire day.den my mum came over help me n boil soup for me.i tot it was beta.i drank sm chicken soup,lotus soup etc.pos to get any1 to take care of u.i find dat time passes faster wif sm1 ard.
Btw,those mummies wif cold,u can go to pharmacy or supermarket,they sel those strips which u can paste on yr nose.i used it at nite n can reali breathe beta.as for cough,i tink I cough for wks til I giv up.wld cough til I wake [email protected]

I stopped d med after I finished 2 bottles of cough syrup den I tink after a mth,completely ok.

Porky:hw cm yr antibiotics so many??but I gues if dr/gynae giv,shd b safe rite?so we hav sam kind of mil.but gd thg is after confinement,she hardly cm up my place le so minimise conflict...u noe ar,at hospital,i bf bb,she can jud open curtain wif her relativ n stare@me lor...gt men wan lor...regardin instant noodles,i tink can take but minimise cos high sodium can lead to water retention later on.i oso ate durin first trimester cos dat time cld eat dat but realise nw cant.if I eat tidbits or those wif high msg,sure vomit

now think of dinner v scare..mil cook alot..a big pot of rice and the dishes all big portion..we are not big eater so end up always throw..last time she cook for 5 adults. now we only 3 adults and 1 kid (3T)..she still cook the same portion cos she say she dunno how to cook less...i used to like fish..but now i hate it cos her fish always v big and fat..then she will ask me to eat more eat more..so everytime i eat until wan to vomit tt kind..

Back