(2012/09) Sep 2012

Littlecow, I just asked my wife whether she want to try sour kiwi as what you recommended. But she wanted the sweeter version -yellow kiwi. Does it has to be sour in order to curb MS? Anyway, I just buy the sweeter version for her to try out first. :p Hopefully, it din make the MS worse. hahah

hi mommies,hope everyone is doing fine. My ms has been on and off. but most importantly...i could finally get off my coffee, not that i wanted to quit but everytime i drank coffee in the morning, i felt so nausea and there goes my breakfast. Was so scared will get my"no coffee headache", but surprisingly no. Been replacing with Milo and add some warmth to my tummy.

Papaya - i had it daily when I was with my 1st one, was ok and it does help with constipation. But of course practice moderation, i sometime mix it with some other fruits like apple.

My ms is more in the late afternoon - evening make dinner very difficult, starving and yet can't have appetite. hope this phase will be over soon
jia yo everyone..

Gan jiong daddy> it depends on individuals, maybe sweet ones will ease ms for your wife.
For me, I will prefer a bit of sourish
happy.gif

Littlecow, thank you.. Si bei stress just now, really not easy being a pregnant woman..think by end of 9 mths I would have aged a few more years..

RE: MS
How about trying green apple? Kinda sour sour also.. Does it help? And apple is good, should try to eat 1 a day.. Ladies with bad MS pls drink more fluid ya

Gan jiong dad thanks for highlighting. I also often eat papaya.

Mummies out there. Know it's hard but keep yourself happy u wan yr baby to b happy n smiley too. Think of happy things to do keep occupied.

Me no MS but body full of air feel bloated all d time feel terrible also

Catmaniac, how about mee soup or kway teow soup for dinner? Strangely I don't have appetite for dinner too and I find soup based mee is easier to eat than rice.

Back from gynae today. finally saw my bb's hb. gynae said look good except i still got little blood cot beside the sac. he ask me to continue my 3 weeks of hormone pills and told me not to worry about brown discharge as for now.

by the way, welcome all the mummies who had just joined the thread.

CJ,
you got the same condition as me. blood clot beside the sac. did your gynae give you hormone pill?

Rojak:
i heard that better not to eat too much of rojak due to prawn paste. it contain bacteria as it was not done properly. also try not to eat too much pineapples.

Talking about fruits,
heard we also cant take those small bananas. i cant remember why when my mum told me about it.

littlecow,
my ms for this time is also different from my #1. i always ms morning and night. feeling miserable cos nausea make me unbearable. last time i only ms on wk7-9 but still bearable except giddy. jiayou to both of us since we got #1 to handle.

yun,
don't be upset. your boy will understand. i also feel bad for #1 but luckily she is quite independent.

Littlecow> Thanks for the reminder that Wang Wang rice cracker is salty. I have replaced them with Almond crackers and wheat bran fibre biscuit for my wife. I read that almond should be good.

Hello mummies,

Just try to stay happy and positive.
It really makes a different to your baby.
My first pregnancy I told myself to stay happy and dun get too
bother with stuff. Indeed I have a happy baby now.

For my first pregnancy, I basically suffer from MS in the evening and at night. Was hugging the toilet bowl almost until 2nd trimester end. No cravings and no no to fragrant white rice.

Current one no symptoms yet also make me a little worry cos I have to wait till 23rd then can see gynae.

Old myth abt what not to eat:
Delmonte/Dole Bananas ( those big long ones)
It's cooling thus not advisable to take.

Mutton/lamb (for Chinese who think it may lead to 羊癫疯)

Stingray ( might causes baby skin not good)

All subject to your own believe I guess.

Meanwhile just relax, stay positive and happy.

Cj,
so far i only had brown discharge and 2x spotting in a day last sun. My gynae did not mention jab or aspirins but ask me to continue my hormone pills for 3 weeks. He told me that it's getting smaller so should not be a problem for me. Probably i rest a lot and did not carry heavy stuffs. You should rest more hor!

CJ, take care! but happy for u tt u saw baby & hb, and tt everything is fine!
happy.gif

gan jiong daddy: thks for highlighting to us! wow u really do a lot of research lei! ur wife is blessed.

yun: jiayou n stay positive! u can do it!

ladies, i'm in wk 7 tdy n realised tt i started having MS. whole day feel like gagging. especially 1 of my colleagues was burning some sweet-smelling essential oil.. i almost cannot breathe n feel like fainting. had to politely tell her to stop burning it as it's causing me nausea. so when i got home i realised tt i oso cannot take e smell of my shower foam, which was a floral smell. so now, everything muz be light smelling or citurs smell. even food-wise, i crave for sourish food & drinks! yum yum juz now hubby brought me to eat thai style fish.
happy.gif

Take care CJ and Jojo
happy.gif

All mummies with ms, may tomorrow be a better manage day for all of us. Keep the smiles on for a healthy, happy, beautiful bb!

OCCTY: We have the same EDD :D and also is in the same situation now. I've been having spotting & on/off light discharge & have been confirmed by the gynae that i've lost 1 of my twins (yet again). Heartbeat of 1 fetus stopped. Am on the hormone pills & jabs for now. Am still working but taking things easy. For me, my boss isn't in SG, so it's easier to 'hide my pregnancy' Having losing 1+0.5 (latest one) out of my so far 3 pregnancies till date, id rather be conservative and be hush hush for now!

minniemoodibo: prenatal massage is best to start frm 16 weeks onwards. it's the first trimester and plus a little that is the toughest for me to get pass with all the aches and stiffness.

in general, this pregnancy has been the 'easiest' for me by far. no MS (which may or may not be a good thing), my appetite's by far most normal and i've haven gained any weight.

For mummies who has #1 or more before this pregnancy, do you keep your child(ren) involved at this stage now? we had to bring my girl to the gynae cuz i was bleeding suddenly and at the gynae office, my gynae told her you have a little baby coming along. my girl whose 2 years 2mths now seems to understand and would want to kiss my tummy and says 'didi, mei mei'. I've also realized a change in her, she becomes a little more 'sticky' and wants me to be with her more. Is this normal?

Agree with some mummies' posts here to keep the spirits high and to add positive enzyme into life at each passing day instead of worrying unnecessary during the critical 7-9 weeks pregnancy.

Anyone start to keep a pregnancy journal? My wife and I have bought 2 diaries for our individual records - kind of kiasu I know, but each of us have different experience as a first-time daddy and mummy yah!
happy.gif

Just my suggestion, by recording all the happy moments experienced during the pregnancy will guide you through the pregnancy with positive mind sets; dun forget to take memorable pictures of yourself each week together with hubby.

hi mommies, i am new here. I am 38, my first kiddo, natural conceive have not seen a gynea yet - they say it's two early. Big appetite, back ache, i have them all the time anyway, so no diff. craving for food all the time, drink non stop. cramps on adominal, which the nurse say it's normal.. Cant sleep well. very very hot. though my aircon is cool.. am according to the web 5 weeks preggy. NO MS, not yet. infact feeling more energetic and focus, sleepy only after lunch..

Thanks wild honey and harrods!

Jojo, yup will rest more, hope mine will get smaller and resolve by itself too.

Gan jiong daddy, how about creating a pregnancy scrapebook too? I brought years ago but have not get into doing it yet. You can start off by a picture of that +ve pregnancy kit! Food that your wife craves, that growing tummy, shopping list and the coming nursery room photo etc it should be fun and something that both of you can do and create together, next time can show baby too
happy.gif

Ps: oh ya and the ultrasound pic from beginning til delivery will make great scrapbook photos too !

CJ Junior>Thanks for the scapebook suggestion. Sound great. My wife's pregnancy journal which we bought already have the chapter title printed nicely, e,g how we found out the baby, our thoughts, each week happening, weight of baby monitor chart, Ultrasound empty photo box, tummy photo empty box, etc. We just need to fill up the blanks accordingly - machiam like Q&A and feedback.
happy.gif
Then, my daddy journal is just an ordinary diary day by day record which I can write essay. So with these 2 books, it complements each other. Perhaps, we create another supplement book just to take in additional chapter not found in the pregnancy journal e.g designing baby nursery room. Hehehe, sound like crazy parents-to-be hor :p But I believe we will enjoy the process.

hi CJ & gan jiong daddy! i'm a scrapbooker, so i haf actually begun scrapbooking my journey! n oso keeping a blog so i can record down my thoughts n share w ppl close to me.
happy.gif
precious memories! encourage other parents-to-be to do it too.. ur kids will appreciate these momentos in future!

Morning all!

MS:
For those who do not have MS, it doesn't really necessarily means its not good. I didn't had MS at all for my first pregnancy and my boy was growing very well in my tummy back then.
happy.gif

Adelynn
I think it's normal for your #1 to be sticky to you as she's only 2. We also got our boy involved right from the start, going to gynae visits and talking to him about his sibling, he's turning 4 already so maybe he is more mature. He will ask me to rest and will play by himself if he's home alone with me or when my hubby is home, he won't 'disturb' me at all. :p

I had a blog for my #1 too and agree that it's very meaningful to keep track of the every little things that happened throughout the process. Something nice to look back on. I still read every now and then to reminisce his baby days!
happy.gif

Have a good day!

This morning milk taste a bit pukey. Oh no did i jinx it by saying I have no morning sickness?

How do you calculate the no. of weeks of pregnancy, by the date of conception or by the date of last period. I know exactly when the date of conception, by using last period I am 5 weeks, by conception date i am 4 weeks. it makes a difference to the date of scanning.

hmmm

hi samuei,

my MS started at week 6.Dr usually calculate based on the first day of your last menstrual period, and think they will also gauge the no. of weeks based on the length of your baby from the scan. thats what my gynae did and explained to me lah..
i visited my gynae during week 7 and managed to see baby's heartbeat. :) if you can, wait awhile longer & you can save perhaps 200bucks by going a week later. just my 2cents

thanks chewthegum, i called geraldine tan, the assistant said they only want to see me next week, if not she will not be able to scan anything. my first day of last menstral cycle is 29 Dec. so will it be too early to visit next week, yes i am anxious if my kiddo has plant him/herself properly hahahha.

CJ,
let's jiayou!

gan_chiong_daddy,
i tried to do journal for my #1 but hor, i am just too lazy. i took lots of photos since her birth but yet i got no time to do scrap book. haha. in the end, i make online photobook instead and print it out.

samuei,
chewthegum is right. normally it count from lmp. week 6 will be a better time to go for check-up so that heartbeat can be seen.

<font color="0077aa">Hello mummies &amp; daddy....

Scrapbook and journal sounds fun &amp; memorable...maybe I should do one too...

Gan jiong daddy> Where did you bought the journal from?

Technology is so advanced with 3d or even 4d scan. Any mummies do before such scan?

Queenly &amp; Shaggy> How does the stitch feeling feel likes? Mi experiencing minor sharp/pulling sensation for few secs sometimes &amp; this gets me panaroid...not sure if it is stitch pain...</font>

bless,
i tried 4D scan before. unfortunately my #1's cord keep blocking her face so i was not able to get 4D movie. in the end, i get the 3D pic. that time i went to radlink @ paragon and did it for free because my #1 want me to save $... haha!

<font color="0077aa">jojo> Wat's is the difference of 4d &amp; 3d? Oh, how come it is free, so gd? Roughly how much is the scan and u did it in 2nd or 3rd trimester?</font>

bless,
3D scan can show detail of bb's face. 4D at least can see the movement. quite fun as you can see bb's smile if lucky. it was free for me since my #1 don't want to show her face. so the radiographer print out a free photo for my safe-keeping. if i remember correctly, it's around $100. cheaper than taken in TMC. must take before 32 weeks. i was late at that time and my bb was too big. oops...

Hi everybody, new poster here. Just only decided to go onto the forum and look for people in same "position". It's my first time, I've been trying for about 2 years after having ovarian cyst (operated) and hormone treatment and infections and body not ovulating problems, more treatment... Just when the doctor said, "I think, if this cannot, it's time to try IVF. I think u need luck to get pregnant liao." I was so discouraged I started crying in the doctor's office itself... My ovulation levels were at 12, u need at least 30 to conceive... And who knows, when he said that in January, actually I was already pregnant and nobody knew.

Started with really bad MS last week and I kept thinking it was gastritis until my friend said just test, you never know. First one was positive but kept thinking cuz Guardian brand + a bit expired by two days, maybe its not true. Tested the next day with ClearBlue (digital some more) and it was "Pregnant 3+ weeks". Confirmed at KK O&amp;G that night, saw a little heartbeat. (EDD 24 Sep)

But now my problem (besides the falling asleep at work and cannot keep food down and nothing appeals to me so i keep eating only plain gardenia bread every day and night and my emotions are heightened so i keep having bouts of crying and angry at everything) - is that I'm not at all excited about my pregnancy. Its a miracle baby! And yet, zilch. Not excited at all. Makes me stop telling people because everybody (even my hair stylist) is more excited than I am. And even the doctor doing the scan was waiting for some reaction from me, but I just nodded, that's all. I felt so bad.

Is there something wrong with me?
sad.gif

Jojo- oic. Sounds interesting. Shall go and find out the cost &amp; discuss with hb.So do u plan to do 4d scan for ur 2nd bb? Gan jiong daddy- thks for d info. How much it is? Krazimitzi- welcome onboard! It is d hormones that causes u to be emotional. On top of the ms, sometimes it feel miserable. Try to be happy &amp; enjoy the pregnancy journey
happy.gif

bless03: i did 3d &amp; 4d scans for #1. at Radlink as well cuz at that time KKH waiting time was just too long. 3d is still pictures, whilst 4d is like a video clip / movie of 3d still pictures. I paid $99 for a 2 hour session (discounted rate cuz i had relatives that know radlink pple) i think there's an ideal time period during the pregnancy, btwn 6 to 7 months if im not wrong.

Bless: stitch is like sharp pain that last a few seconds only, its like a pulling pain.

I jus come back from my check up, manage to hear the heartbeat clearly. It sounds like horse galloping, lol. The feeling is pretty amazing. I manage to see the kicking of bb hands and legs too.
I think stitch and some pulling pain should be ok, since the doc didnt mention anything wrong.

I'm schedule for Oscar test 2 weeks later and have also booked my week 20 detailed scan. Anyone knows if the detailed scan is also the 4d scam?

shaggy,
wow, you are fast to book. probably i should book mine too since my hubby will be going reservist and coincide with my detailed scanning. detailed scan is more on 2D. totally different from 4D.

Hi mummies &amp; mummies to be

Like to join this group but nit sure if it is too early for me...

like to check if any of you is drinking maternal milk?
Like Similac, Nan etc for mothers?
I was particularly looking for Anmum but cant seems to find - anyone know why it is not available on shelf anymore?

Thanks.

Hi krazimitzi, how many weeks pregnant are you? you can see the baby's heartbeat already? that's good news. =) congrats. You are just tired. take time to sink in. =)

bless03/pigy> Ask for the pregnancy journal at the counter. The book is not prominently display. My wife saw the sample near their dressing room. But in case you cannot find it, ask at the counter.You may want to look around for cheaper journal, my wife and I are lazy to look for other diaries. :p

m00m00>For the milk drink,you may want to look for the sample to try first. I bought Similac for pregnant mum but in the end, my wife dun like it and she got diarrhea after drinking it. Heard from a mum in this forum saying that if drink too early in the pregnancy, the body cannot take it and therefore flow out. In the end, I am the one drinking it to clear stock. :p

GJ Daddy,

actually you can try to sell online for those u haven open one...
happy.gif

glad to have a daddy here who is as gan chong as us mummy...
I believe you will be a very good caregiver to your baby..
happy.gif

today's time is passing so slowly.

Hi,

I am new to this thread.

Just found out i m 6-7 weeks preggy. Sourcing for gynae at Gleneagles.

Any gd receommendation of gynae from Gleneagles?

OOoo...Hi All the new ones~~ too many to name already ...lost track. haha

Samuei.
Exactly!!! Sleep soo much still sooo sleepy and worse no coffee....for 9mths. I feel like drug addict trying to kick away the habit...

For those trying those mummy milk powder... im not sure how true.. but my gynae mentioned that it may better for those with constipation to stay away from milk powder... low fat fresh milk will be a better alternative...

Back