(2012/09) Sep 2012

Thank you all for your encouragement. I will try my best to relax and think more positive. Luckily i having weekly scan if not sure cannot tahan the wait! Let's stay strong and walk this thru together! We will have our little dragon in our arms soon
happy.gif

Sweet mummy, thanks for highlighting about the Fitflop, I have no idea, ok shall stop wearing them now.

FYI gals, think you guys might know alrdy but I just wanna share. I am reading today straits times and there is an article on maternity and parenting.. Do you know our gov law only protects expectant mothers only for the six months up to their due date. So meaning if you were to kena sack during the 1st three months the law cannot help you.

Also I wish this year budget can focus more on maternity benefits like increase baby bonus and stuffs. Supporting a child in this era is really very exp.

I was telling hubby previously that other than maternity leave, there should be 1-2 mths granted leave in MOM for pregnant ladies in their 1st trimester covered. cos 1st trimester is so dangerous and got to be very careful for a woman, how can allow her to go out and work, take mrt, be stress with work, should be pre-natal 1st trimester leave! haha

Harrods, that's a good one haha I also hope fathers should have 2 months paternity leave too. We alrdy so xin ku for 9 Mths Liao , after baby born also we got to take care ourselves. Should let them help out also.

I think we need more cash incentive also haha to cope with the increasing hosp bill and during pregnancy still got to spend thousands seeing Gynae.

Wanna encourage birth rate must show us more benefits mah right? Hahahaha

And gov only think of the healthy pregnancy, never think about those people like me, high risk. From IUI til now only 1 month+ already spent $5k on Gynae and TCM Liao. Somemore not working.. Really should subsidize abit. By the time I due already no $$ support baby Liao lor hahahha

CJ ya lor... preg mum are not protected at all... my previous forum mummies, there's a few get sack or changed to part-time... or the boss purposely make things difficult for them...

Wow tat's alot of $$... u not working den ur financial muz b tough

Harrods I also think husband be shld give more leave... it's so suffering for us in the first month... CL also exp, furthermore we need emotional support frm our partners.

Hi Rachel, welcome to Sept12 thread. My wife only informed her parents as we are living closer to them - if there is anything we need help and advice, we can turn to them. My parents are not informed yet - thinking of wait till 1st trimester over then tell them.

Sweet mummy> thanks. Glad i went to see doc. Ks a bit during 1st trimester.

Pigy> I'm taking utrogestan. 1 box $30 can last me 5 days.

Seems most of u only informed lady's parents. I very much wanted to tell my parents too so that can advise me since we all very close but now so unstable if Misc happen again can't bear see them disappointed n sad.

rachel,
i already told my parent about it and need their help as my mum is helping to take care of my #1. for my colleagues, i already told some of them as i may need their help whenever i don't feel well.

it's really a struggle to be back to work since wed. had been taking cab to work every morning except today. don't know why all the cabs are not available when i am already call for cab. haiz.

Sweet mummy, yah lor $$ tight and I belong to the "Pai mai" type, cannot see normal Gynae. IUI alrdy cost me close to $2k liao thats why and i seeing gynae weekly mah. What to do, wanna have a baby must burn a hole 1st.. Next time then earn back lor.

Rachel, I already informed both side parents, some of my friends are also awared. Think just go with your heart see when and who you wanna share bah.

Littlecow, so how is the jab? Your husband got learn? You only need to jab twice a week right?

Btw gals, I alrdy confirm my CL Liao. Although now in critical period but heck lah in case I really make it and can't find any last min. FYI some of the popular ones recommended by this forum all taken up for sept.

CJ - yes I agree with u on paternity leave, also I'm sure most hubbies would like to bond with bb with born too. Not just mummy.

Jojo - same same, I also start to take cab to work now, already ex but call cab and no cab somemore, aiyooo so frustrating sometimes cos hate to stand out in the heat and wait.

Hi mommies, I'm running fever and flu, ok to take panadol right? So lazy to go clinic and calls very hard to get through also.

harrods,
got money to take but no cab want to take business.

catmaniac,
you can take normal panadol for fever.

Sorry to interrupt, please do not take Panadol that buy from pharmacy. I ever heard from a GP told me that those Panadol from pharmacy is not suitable for pregnant woman co's their contains is not pure. Pls see a doctor to play safe.

<font color="0077aa">Pigy> I paid $84 for 56 tablets of duphaston, the most ex medicine on my receipt...</font>

CJ> my hubby prefers to let GP help me take the jab.. Sigh. So im getting my family GP do the job. Went to collect the jabs this morning and passed them to my GP for safekeeping already. Seen dr today and he said for now twice per week should suffice.

Re: confinement lady
I will source for cl after first trimester. My mum did for me for #1 but if #2 comes along I duno how is she going to handle 1 3yo and a newborn so think better get 1 professional ba. Perhaps ask my neighbors if they can recommend theirs or source thru agencies.
Mummies can check how much are u all being quoted for cl??

Littlecow, I called up PEM confinement agency yest and just to share with you the quote. It is $2200 plus $168 for the levy to be paid to gov. They also have a herbs package that cost $388 and deposit is $700. Touched wood if pregnancy did not progress til delivery can get back refund at differ % based on at how many months left towards your edd. And their CL are all from msia.

For me, a good frez recommend me this Chinese Indonesia lady from Batam who did confinement for her sis and frez and reviews good. She charge me $2k for 28days job and deposit $200. I have "booked" her thru phone Liao and will meet up with her in March to interview and pay deposit.

went to see Dr Tham for the first time today. the consultation was great, but parking was really a chore... hubby drove me there.

will be going back to my parents' place for confinement because i prefer my mum's cooking. but a bit space constraint, dunno if can fit a baby cot in the spare room, no room for hubby too. plus my parents are both working, meaning i'll be on my own in the day, while my mum will cook for me and leave them in the rice cooker or slow cooker for me when i want to eat.

I'm so angry with my hubby. Am at my niece birthday party n turn out all the relatives already know about the pregnancy... Some are told by my mil some by my hubby... He already know I dunwan anyone to know yet still spread.

Hi mommies, thanks for the advice. Dint take chances went to see Gp. Yes he said If want to take panadol, take the plain one only. My nose is super blocked. I had this episode when I was with my no.1 super sian coz can't breath properly.

queenly omg i'd be angry too if i've specifically told ppl not to tell and yet end up everyone knows! did you tell him off? hope u cool off soon... getting too angry not good for bb *hugs*

I'm so pissed now... Not that I'm paranoid but it's very hard for us to be conceived... Even my parents oso keeping mum nv tell anyone..

I wanted to wait till 2nd trim then tell parents in law but hubby wan to share with parents then now like dat..

Now I'm just hiding in 1 corner not talking to anyone.

Hi
Cold all the time
I'm feeling cold all the time. Any of you here same as me? My previous pregnancy all feeling hot but this pregnancy totally different. Feeling cold even when I on e fan.

I'm week 9 now. MS was getting better for the whole of last week and I thought it will go away soon. But today it came back again!!! Sian to the max.

Poptwo, me too.... sense it got better but now it's worse.

I'm also in my 9th week. In my prev pregnancy, my tummy didn't show till I was about 16th week... this time, it's popping out so obvious. I am not ready to announce it yet! It really bothers me....

Queenly totally understand how u felt, but to them they r happy that's y I think couldn't keep it a secret .

All of u so gd in yr 9weeks means going cross over to 2nd trim soon. Me very fearful of this 6-9week period fearful that bb heartbeat will suddenly stop.

Poptwo
I'm 9weeks gg to 10weeks my ms still very strong really fearful that will go on all the way. Night time is the worst totally no appetite. So far lost a kilo.

I'm 9w2d now... Thinking back I think I too paranoid lah but cos a few of ppl ard me got MC so tends to be more paranoid... Seeing gynae next Monday hope everything ok

Hi ladies, I scan yesterday n stated is 7w3d. The edd date seem to always change. Is it the case? Doc scan n say can see hb but I dun really see as screen backface me. Haha. But I just trust him lo. Now I got a very bad cough, whenever I cough, I feel guilty to my bb. Really feeling terrible. But my gaynae do give me cough syrup. Just hope can recover soon

Cherrie: ur gynae nv on the sound and let u hear the hb? I heard it at 7w6d then on the screen can see the jumping hb oso... Maybe next time u ask gynae show u.. It's a very special feeling hearing the hb b see the jumping beat..

Cherrie, ya edd based on scan will fluctuate from few days up to a week, not to worry so much, as long as bb growth is on track n normal. My #1 gynae from kkh will show and explain me the flickering hb and body parts by turning the ultrasound screen towards hubby and me for every scan, however, she did not on the sound (I also didn't request that). Sonographer at the AMD would let me hear the hb sound when I did the detail scan. So maybe u could suggest your gynae to let u have a view and explain to u the growth of baby next time?
happy.gif

Hi all

My ms got worse today. Damm hate this feeling. Felt so guilty that I can't take care n look after my dear boy.
Really hope it will go away soon.
I wan to be myself again.

Hi all,

Sorry didn't update my gynae visit on thurs night.. Had to wait quite a while at the clinic so by the time I was bk, I just totally didn't feel like doing anything liaos..then fri had an office event and was out the whole day again

Managed to hear my bb's hb
happy.gif
)) but bb seems to be growing slightly slower coz it shd be 8w + liaos but the scan only measure as 8w 0d...

Anyway like what many of u mentioned, the 6 - 9 week is the most "dangerous" period.... So can only continue to pray that all our babies will grow well and stick to us!!

Jia youz everyone... And rest well over the weekend!

Hi all, thanks. Never request to hear the sound. Will do it next time
happy.gif
now just hope cough will go away .

Mrs lee, congrats on seeing bb heartbeat.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Went to gynae today and find out about all these tests that can be taken.
1) Animo Test
2) OSCAR Test
3) Triple Test

i read on forum that Oscar has a lot of misgivings but worry about Animo test being too invasive..

Have you guys read about this 4) Genetic Scan which seems to be able to detect more things than animo? For e.g Animo test is only to test for DS, where Genetic Scan can detect DS plus physical defects....

A genetic Scan costs in the lower end of hundreds whereas animo test costs $1000.

Genetic scan seems to be better and cheaper, but how come the gynaes in singapore are not recommending leh?

Is it still a new technology still? Apparently only very high end medical centre offers genetic scan at the moment i.e Camden medical centre...

Hi Everyone,
Went for checkup today too. 6 weeks- manage to see the sac today. So happy that able to see something. Anyone of you doing any exercise?

Back