(2012/09) Sep 2012

Ladies, Im curious on this progesterone thing. Did everyone's gynae take blood test to measure this? Mine din ley.

Erm sorry Catherine.. my gynae is Dr Ho but wanna know the costs of Paul Tseng since he's also popular .. Hai think mine like quite ex.. Wanted Dr WK Tan but she dun deliver at MT A..

Nick: Bearie_girl
Baby: #1
edd: 26 sept 2012
Gynae: Dr fong chuan wee
Hosp: Gealeagles

Hello sept mummies
I'm trying to cope w the pukey feeling since yesterday. Hope it doesn't interfere w my work.

Welcome Bearie Girl! Our due date are close. I am also thinking of going to Dr Fong Chuan Wee as my cousins are all seeing him. What do you think of him?

Xiaoer, it's an art to choose gynae. This is what I learn after experiencing myself, reading opinion on other ladies gynae and hearing from frens. Popular may b gd but what if the gynae has 2 ladies delivering at the same time( worst scenario) how does the gynae split himself? Some gynae is out to make $. Some really care for u. It really depends on how comfortable u r. My advise is stay with someone u can communicate with.

Not sure if u know mt a has Reno. A fren of mine was to deliver at mt a and suddenly switch to tmc cos mt a is too dusty. I heard the car park access to mt a is horrible too. I also prefer mt a but had to go to tmc. Keep yr options open mayb the Reno would have complete when u deliver?

Girl77,
Normally for age 35 and above, they recommend to do animo test which is done after week 16 and you can do away with the oscars. Cost close to 1k ba. I will be doing this too. Our chances are 1-280 for down syndome. There is a small risk of MC. I'm very scared too but better to be safe.

Xiaoer,
Mine was $163/visit to gynae. Super x. Last time I'm wif Adrain and his package only $550 till birth. But twice complication so scared.

Morning everyone!

CL: better to book early. Those good and recommended ones are usually very fast taken up. In my previous 2 confinement, I only confirm the CL after my 1st tri. And those choices are no longer available. Can only settle for 2nd option. This yr I very Ks, already booked my CL. Cost $2200 for 28 days. 1st confinement cost $1.8k, 2nd confinement cost me $2k. Agency may or may not be good. Have to see luck, just like maids. I got friends who had very good CL thru agent. But also got friend's who changed 3 CL during her confinement....

Seems like CLs are getting booked up fast! Are there any reliable agencies to go with? Am still trying to decide whether to book one or head back to Malaysia for confinement.

ooO... SO fast! like so many things to do!! Can't wait for 1st trim come fast!!

BTW..what do you girls do if you feel sleepy in the office? I can hardly open my eyes!!!

<font color="aa00aa">Pigy>When sleepy, I tried to walk/stand up awhile. But if my eyes hardly open, i juz close my eyes and rest for a short moment, luckily I sit at the back of office...

Ariadne> Taking some preserved fruits, drink ginger tea, eat plain cookies......</font>

I also have the same problem as Pigy. Start feeling sleepy at 10am. After lunch time even worst.

Bless - I tried ginger tea this morning and seem to make things worst. Don't know if it is cos my MS is getting worst anyway but I just started throwing up! The ginger tea also smell horrible to me.... hmmm...So I suppose my body is rejecting it.

Hi all, I had 1 shot of very sharp menses-like pain last night. It lasted for about 2-3mins in the middle of the night, it was very pain and felt a bit in between cramp and stomachache like want to ls that kind.

Kinda worried and can't sleep after that, anybody had such a cramp before, it's one of those really pain.

I don't really have MS but don't know why body full of air feel so bloated...and each time I go inside the car I feel like vomitting..arrggh...hubby say I car sick .. hahah

Harrods, does it comes with blood?.

Hi Ariadne
So far I find dr fong v experienced. He is recommended by family and relatives too. I think I saw ho Yao sun that singer's photo in this clinic. He delivered her boy if I'm not wrong. Lol... Celebrity endorsement ... On a serious note I find that his years of experience is quite solid. So for me Im sticking to him.

Think ms shld be quite common now. We must find something which can help to counter ms. Hope I can find something suitable to counter it this time round. Last time I could not find anything which can help. I was literally hugging onto a plastic bag....

Harrods,
Could it be an expansion of the womb? Do you feel the pain now?

Hi all, I m having bad ms. Feeling so terrible.
I hate this feeling. Can't even sleep.

Mine first pregnancy also like that n ms thru the whole 10 mths.

Y m I going thru all this.

And when for gynae check up yesterday, can't see bb hb and got blood. Rick of mc. Now on a week mc.

And current boss just called and say that he can't keep me.

yun,

U are on probation? Does your boss knows u are pregnant? Maybe can check with mom what is their protection laws for pregnant mummies. How can your boss do that?

Hi Bearie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. He came highly recommended as indeed he is very experience especially if there is any complications.

However, I also heard that he can be pretty straight forward with his comments etc. So, some people find him direct and impersonal.

SO, I am a bit confused if I should really go to him or not.

Yun,

I am sorry to hear of your plight. But how can your boss do that to you. Did he give you a reason on why can't he keep you?

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clim</TD><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1-Sep</TD><TD>Dr John Lim</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shaggy</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>felicity t</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adeline Chew</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Dr CK Tho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chewthegum</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Jothi Kumar</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>flubby</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pokka</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Dr G Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babygi</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poptwo</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Heng TL</TD><TD>PEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl 77</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chan kong hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bless03</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xiaoer</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho HK </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hiroshima</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>escapism</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Aziz</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherrie</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Sep</TD><TD>Dr HH Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littlecow</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Febie</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>CJ Junior</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jojo_ck</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr WH Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>minniemoodibo</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bearie_girl </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Dr fong chuan wee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Harrods</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pigy (pigypigy)</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fouzia</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Jazlan joosoph</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>eve (charl)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sophie (magic_star)</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ariadne</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby_yun</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbarc</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheung</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Audrey</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ching2627</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nurisyardini </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD>Dr Jasmine Mohd</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi all, can't blame him. Cos I had already tender actually servicing my notice period now.

Got to join the new co in mid feb.

Never mind hope I can work by the time when joining the new co.

And hope to see the bb hb next week.

Hi ALl mummies whose bosses may ask you go Japan for business trips, please do not go there.

My hubby's colleague friend who just came back from Japan got the radiation, now in hosp. She's got birth defect if not cure.

Hi,

I have following items for sale:

1. BRAND NEW Pigeon wipes with casing (multiple): $4.90
Usual: $7.90

2. BRAND NEW Pigeon Milk Bottles (x1): $13
Wide Neck, Peristaltic Nipple, BPA Free, 240ml

3. BRAND NEW TollyJoy Wipes (Refill + Container): $7

Collection at Sengkang MRT.
Pls email me at [email protected] for photos.

Actually I heard about similar cases for japan too. It was my friend's friend. 2 couples newly wed when japan for honeymoon. After they return both felt unwell and went to see a doc. Both were affected by radiation, one has to make sure she don't conceive within 1-2years. The other one was more serious, she totally cannot conceive.
Initially I was quite skeptical but this wasn't the first case I heard. I think better be safe than sorry.

This Case we know she went Japan n another hubby friend who saw my hubby post that Case is from hokkaido.

Yes Japan covered up. That's y avoid going there.

Hi Pigy and Minnie, no blood after the cramp...but that one cramp was really pain, it lasted about 3mins. It's a different pain from the constant ache/cramp I have so far, which is what gynae says it's uterus growing.

The affected friends went Tokyo too. I'm not sure how true are these but if it happen to more than 1 ppl and so many ppl saying I think they may be some truth to it. Better play safe and avoid japan for at least these few years.

Wah! My client in Japan conceived after the march disaster n bb born now but nv hear him say anything.

My company does Japanese related events so high chance will go Japan de... I better siam as much as possible although just go Tokyo.

Seems like I am the only one that have not visit the gynae. Since i am still on probation, i do not want to take leave. n Sat slots is only avaialbe on 18th Feb... Faintz

For those that have concerns about driving, i was driving when i was expecting my #1 till my tummy touch the steering wheel. Just a guideline..haha

HI mommies, went to see gynae yesterday. confirmed preggie but can't see hb yet, need to wait another 2 weeks. hope to be a smooth one. MS is quite manageable although appetite is quite poor and got craving of corn and sweet potato somehow. Never had craving during my 2 pregnancies.

Anyway here is my detail :

Nick : catmaniac
Baby no. 3
Edd : agar-agar 27th Sept
O&amp; G : Dr. LC Cheng
Hospital : TMC

Harrods> I don't think all gyanes will do bloodtest on progesterone level. For my case it's becuz Bb was measured 1 week smaller.

And re: sharp pain
I got it once when I coughed v badly. It's like acute sharp pain and on my right side. Lasted a few seconds.
When is your next check up? Maybe consult your gynae?

I went for my first jab today and increased my utrogestan dosage to 6 pills per day. Hope will increase my chance of sustaining the preg. Praying hard.

Oops I'm sorry tat I missed out some mummies' info. No idea y I missed out.

Btw can someone help to add my details? Now my turn, missing ;P

Gynae: dr wee
Pregnancy: 2

Pigy > personally I think I won't go to subsidized clinic. Cos they will match u to any available gynae. Tat mean inexperience gynae too. My 1st pregg, emergency I went to 24hr at kk. The female gynae hair was so messy tat like juz came out frm woodbridge. N refuse to give me jab wen I told her I was bleeding and had history of mc. Despite me requesting. But my sis experience at 24hr clinic was alright. I guess it depends on ur luck. So same lor, go subsidized clinic also depend on luck for gynae. So I won't wan de.

Sophie > Dr Wee is my gynae for 1st pregg and also my other two sis gynae. My first gynae is Dr Heng in east shore. Not professional at all. She laugh at my name say my name look as seems frm china! Den wen I'm at risk of mc juz say nothing she can do except monitor. Den I consult for 2nd opinion with Dr Wee. He encourage me not to give up. Give me injection n bed rest. Even tot we still lost the battle but at least we tried.

He support natural birth and very encouraging wen I wan go all natural, no epidural. N best of all he won't ask me to diet, c-sect cos baby big (wen it's not really tat big) which some private gynae will. N he will relax wont make me kan cheong for nothing. For eg, I got GD den the nurse kan cheong n nag say very high. Wen nurse show him he juz say gd well controlled.

gd day mummies...

elbarc, i've not seen my gynae too...
my first apptment will be on 23 feb which was suppose to be my pap smear test.. emailed my gynae she said its ok to keep that day for first apptment to see my 2nd beanie...
happy.gif

Saw Clim post abt gynae. this is so true. choose someone you are comfortable with...

Sophie, I'm in an almost scenario like you for my first pregnancy, I was surrounded by training nurses... they are ok and quite supportive too..
but this should be my final child birth so hope it's a private affair...
happy.gif

sWEET mummy,

Thanks for your comments. But if I also choose Dr Wee and also dragon year very crowded I wonder if he has the time to deliver all.hmm...maybe I will check with the hosp.

Dear mummies,

just wanna share that if your family have diabetes history, do let your gynae know so that can advise whether you need to do the glucose test early.

for my first pregnancy, i actually got GD (Gestation Diabetes) due to family history.
during my last 2 weeks before giving birth, the doc who is seeing me for GD actually ask me to inject insulin myself. detect early to prevent diabetes being pass to babies...

i oso agree with being comfortable with gynae. when i was ttc many months ago, i went to this popular gynae Lawrence Ang to check if everything was ok. the clinic was sooooo packed and when i went in, he just did the ultrascan in 1 sec. Im not kidding, he just put the handle on my tummy 1 sec and said everything ok. then no meds given nothing and just asked us to cont to try. I felt so cheated, the whole session only 2-3 mins i swear...

Then i went to my existing gynae Dr Beh in TMC then he checked then told me i have PCOS and also advice my hubby to do a sperm analysis. Then realised his sperm motility not good.

Imagine i had stupidly rely on the 1st gynae i wouldnt even know the problem

Hi ARiadne
I read those comments about dr fong too... But honestly my last few visits with him was fine. I think it's more of our own expectation... For me I would rather my Gynae act on issues correctly and swiftly, than to sweet talk... TLC is my hubby's job mah. I would encourage u to pick experience ad expertise over anything else
happy.gif

Back