(2012/09) Sep 2012

elbarc, lose weight to me good but don't know if will affect the growth of the baby. Nowadays, I dont dare comb my hair too much...the moment I comb big bundle of hair come out with the comb. Super sad.
sad.gif

Morning ladies..

Piggy & Elbarc - I've been dropping a lot of hair too
sad.gif
already very little hair to start with.. if it continues like that for the next few months... i think i will really become bald..

And I have very bad constipation too... the feeling really sucks!!

But tell myself.. ren ren ren...

Oh and I didnt get to see bb hb yesterday when gynae did the scan...already week 7 but still couldnt pick it up... she did see "something" that was flickering on the screen... getting scared.. when can the hb usually be picked up? week 6 onwards?

Yesterday's vist cost abt $170 inclusive of scan and medicine... the pills itself already cost abt $70...

Mrs Lee, though its hard but we have to look on the bright side. 5-10weeks this period I find its the hardest n trickest part to go through. I am equally worried for my first scan as well, last yr miscarriage still haunting me but still we all still have hope, cannot give up yet!

pigy>Thanks for the compliment. I think husbands have different ways of expressing concerns for their wife, and I believe you husband shown concern in other areas like e.g helping you to carry heavy stuffs, doing housework. As for me, I am those searching for information which benefits my wife - in a way easier for me to take care of her too :p. Talking about constipation, my wife is also experiencing constipation right now. It is normal to have constipation at some point in pregnancy as one of the culprit is the increase in certain hormone necessary for the pregnancy - so having constipation may be a check for you that your pregnancy is going on smoothly; just that you need to find some ways to lessen the effect of constipation. Here is a link which may be interested to you:
http://www.babycenter.com/0_constipation-during-pregnancy_836.bc

I find that exercising after a meal may help to reduce constipation effect for my wife as after accompany her for an evening walk after meal seems to help her bowel movement later in the evening.

Is there any other ways to reduce constipation? It will be good to hear from those experienced mum.
happy.gif

ya I despite drinking lots of water etc i still suffer constipation something I don't have for years! Keep waking up middle of night with pain for once I thought miscarriage again.

Gan jiong dad u r right. Now he did most of the housework n I don even dare do any excerise right now. I missed going for my aerobics n jogging. Walk too much during first trimester Also don't know gd or bad.

My gynae told me to take more fruits (coz of the fibre) and yogurt...

I have also heard that taking prunes (or drinking prune juice) helps.

What i tried (and luckily it worked) on the 2nd day of CNY when the constipation was super bad was to drink Yakult... haha..

morning everyone!

feeling super nausea today...

constipation - if really very bad constipation, can get a med from the gynae. meant for pregnant/after birth one. can't remember the name of the med, but it will ease bowel movements.

mrs lee - last time, my gynae told me the blinking spot is the heartbeat... did your gynae tell u that he cannot pick up the heartbeat? prob he will be able to pick it up stronger at a later stage. when is your next appt?

Minnie - she on the "sound system" but we couldnt hear anything... she did say that we'll try again next week :p

We cannot take sweet stuff?

Morning mummy,
Went for my scan yesterday edd has been push forward to 3rd sept bb now already 8weeks. Can heard very strong heartbeat. Next scanning will be in a month time.
Constipation-
My Gynae prescribe lactulose for me. I also having serious constipation.

Mrs lee, prob still early to detect a strong heartbeat. Dun worry, I'm sure your baby will be fine.
happy.gif

During pregnant, there's a higher risk of diebetics. I try to avoid intake of sugar other than the normal food.
happy.gif

hi everyone.

2nd time mummy here. glad to see everyone in this thread. currently estimated 6 weeks and yet to see gynae. will be going down this sat for a visit and hopefully to hear my little bb's heartbeat. already started taking folic acid but i always forget to take. hehe.

MS:
Initially i thought why i don't have ms. all the while i have constant hunger everyday. yesterday started to lose appetite. my current ms is really different from last time. last time, i get sleepy all the time, then started terrible ms on week 7. also kena constipation for almost 2 weeks.

mrs lee,
i also currently got bad constipation. previously my 1st pregnancy also kena constipation. horrible feeling.

mrs lee,
my gynae will give me fibre drinks which we can get from pharmacy. can't remember the name but will check out and let you know. i don't like the drink as i tend to feel nausea. you can try if you don't feel nausea.

gan_jiong_daddy,
so rare of daddy to join in the thread. previously i also know a daddy from my previous thread who also chat online and wife also don't dare to chat.. hehe...

Thanks for all your advise. I went home and rest after work yesterday and the bloody discharge did go away. I think the CNY visitations are too strenuous for me. I was out the whole day on both days and hubby didn't really take it seriously when I said I was tired. But he learnt his lesson now.

My constipation was super bad too. I'm drinking more water but still don't help. Maybe I need prune juice too.

Oh wow seems like constipation is rather common! Thanks for all yr advice!! Seriously I be very lost I not for this thread cos i don wan tell the whole world or ask questions during first trimester.

Shagy, my hubby also wary now. Like me I like do sports etc look healthy but who knows internally I am much weaker.

pigy,
yes it is very common. i really hate constipation. i can stuck in toilet for almost half an hour. i am afraid it will stay through out my pregnancy.

There's this prune juice I bought not very sweet and contains folic acid... I think the brand is de monte...

Gynae told me next visit in 2 weeks time will tell me about the various tests and what to do le..

Let's all have a sticky pregnancy!!!

Pigy: must listen to your body, rest when u feel tired. I wanna try swimming in my 2nd trimester too. I believe in exercising to have a easier labour. But now first trim is abit tricky, jus stay low for now.

I think I need to buy new bras soon. My boobs has gone up 1 size and it's getting uncomfy to wear my usual bra. Is it too early to buy maternity bra now? Seems like ppl only buy them before delivery. Or am I putting on too much fats? :S

Hi All,

it took me a while to consider if I should start any post here, as I'm really apprehensive. Had a m/c in Oct. BB hb previously stopped towards end of 1st trim, a lot of dreams built around the pregnancy were dashed at that time.

Now our second chance I feel like I'm paranoid at everything and anything.

I'm 5 weeks along now, feel very blessed to be given another chance after trying. This weekend 1st gynae visit for this pregnancy. I know will be too soon to see much, perhaps just good to know position of sac, etc.

Unlike most mommies here I'm having loose stools instead of constipation.
happy.gif

Shaggy, same here. I now only have 1 bra to wear and i had to keep washing it every day and ensuring that it dries the next morning. The other bra are so damn tight now and bra extension isn't helping either.

Should we get nursing bra or just normal bra with 1 cup size larger?

Hi Harrods, i have loose stools too. In fact, at times, i will move my bowels twice a day..I think maybe because i ate too much... btw, i have been wanted to avoid sweet things..but i find that taking glucolin helps to ease the MS a lot...

Can't help me..but will trail off glucolin after MS symptoms are gone bah...:|

Hi Harrods, i have loose stools too. In fact, at times, i will move my bowels twice a day..I think maybe because i ate too much... btw, i have been wanted to avoid sweet things..but i find that taking glucolin helps to ease the MS a lot...

Can't help it..but will trail off glucolin after MS symptoms are gone bah...:|

Hi Harrods,

Welcome... i think a few of us had similar experiences.. and are a little more apprehensive... let's try to encourage one another to think more positively k... Jia youz!!

<font color="aa00aa">Shaggy > U might want to visit your gynae asap for bloody discharge….
it’s ok ba as long as baby is healthy.. consider the bump to be something fortunate.. hee hee
Fainting spell is common… u might wan to check wif ur gynae, see if you need any vitamins… some mother need, some might not…

Minniemoodibo > I agreed! Muz learn to enjoy the process, esp they grow up so fast… like I haven enjoy enough they already go another stage le…

gan_jiong_daddy > I went to Dr H Y Wee at KK private suite. My EDD is based on LMP and Ultrasound, same. But don’t gan jiong k, cos the EDD will keep changing de… haha
Once she feel itchy, most likely SM is coming in, apply cream will makes her feel better. But sad to say I applied diligently but useless de… My tummy have terrible SM. Goggled abt SM and get to know that it’s heritage.

Lilysnow > will check and let you know tonight

Pigy > it’s normal not to have any appetite, juz try not to go on empty tummy.

Chewthegum > u can buy folic acid at pharmacy like guardian or Watson. You might wan to juz go to the gynae and take mc?

Constipation > might wan to try prune june or vitagen

Walking during 1st tri > personally I think we need to rest more during 1st tri, esp for mothers that had mc before. Cos 1st tri haven stable… try to bedrest more….</font>

Harrods I also wondered at first if I should post here too cos I Also had a miscarriage last yr. That's y this 5-9 weeks seem so fearful to me. Fear that I will have leave his threAd. We however have to remain positive!

Not sure if I'm the only one here w/o ms, so far I only threw up once after roti prata and I also found that my body seems to not take chilli well now. And for CNY steamboat period, I like to take everyting with sambal belachan ;p

The thing is the body tiredness hits me very bad this round, I just feel like my energy is totally drained from my body. Not sure if the d&amp;c not long ago has a toil on my body.

I can't decide which to buy too. Any experience mummy can advise? Should we normal bra or nursing bra? And what's the difference between nursing and maternity bra?

Tks Pigy, yes after considering I feel like I've taken so much precaution in the last round but things also didn't turn out well.

So this round I feel I just let go of myself and at least I can share here.

Let's pray for our sticky bbs this round! I know for sure now I want to start a family with children more than anything else
happy.gif

Harrods, so far me also don't have at least not yet n hope not!!somehow true about tiredness. Like forever feel so sleepy!

pigy,
please stay positive. don't worry much and be happy.

talking about MS:
previously i was badly dehydrated and always feel nausea, my gynae recommend me to take 100+ and it do work on me.

Agree with sweet-mummy. 1st tri must bedrest. during 2nd tri, then go for swimming and walking. it do work for me previously. in the end, i gave birth 2 weeks early before my due date... hehe!

I noticed my hands suddenly turned super dry n aged overnight like they hv aged 20yrs more....no matter how often I apply moisturer and avoid touching soap etc, still no use. Anyone ever experienced this?

Hello everyone! Am having my #2 if nothing goes wrong. Am internal bleeding and bad cramps and was on bed rest for 2weeks. Doc prescribed hormone pills. Kinda worried as sac was smaller than usual plus e internal bleeding. So hopefully everything is well. My first one had v bad ms and managed to gain only 7kg in total. End up premmie as she was too underweight. Although it was a tough journey for #1, had another operation after her 1st bday, she is now a healthier bubbly and happy kid. So I hope #2 will be strong and safe!

<font color="aa00aa">pigy > haha np, juz sharing
happy.gif
I used to benefits alot frm experienced mummies now it's my turn to share

Turuko > hello, our babies will stay strong! jia you!!</font>

She is now 18mths.
happy.gif
waiting to go childcare but all on waiting list. Those available ones are exorbitant . Having children is not cheap. No $ no school...

Hmm... Maybe Juz to share, those who have fainting spells too often, u may wish to have a tyroid level checked. Juz a simple blood test can determine. Coz I was diagnosed hypothyroid with #1. Kept admitting to hospital until doc could find out wat happen. Thus by e time I got levels to be balanced, she was already too underweight, growth was affected and had a emergency c sect.

Turuko,
welcome.
my gal is 17 months and it's so hard to find a cc for her. everywhere is on waitlist.

thyroid:
it seem to be common during pregnancy. heard it can be high. if lucky, it will be low.

Hi all, I am newbie here. 8+ weeks, seeing Dr Paul from TMC.

I had a little pink discharge yesterday, smaller than a 50c coin. Read some of the posts here and it seems to be due to too much walking so I shouldn't be worried is it?

Back