(2012/09) Sep 2012

may,
it's better to ask gynae for advise. previously i walk too much and kena pink discharge.

sweet mummy,
glad to find mummies with #2 =)

Hi everyone! Been a silent reader all these while but decided to join in as I have seen my baby's heartbeat yest. Currently 5 weeks 3 days and pray hard this will be a sticky pregnancy as I had 3 miscarriages b4. This is an IUI baby and my Gynae is Dr Fong Yang. I have been on bed rest for nearly a month ever since IUI til now and I thought IUI failed when my AF reported but blood test shows I am pregnant and been bleeding on and off ever since.

For those who experience bleeding/spotting don't take it lightly and should always let your Gynae know. You can also check your progesterone level, my hcg level is very good but progesterone goes up and down so now on jab alternate days and oral pills daily.

Hope that we can all have a healthy and smooth pregnancy! Cheers
happy.gif

welcome all new mummies!
happy.gif

Turuko / Jojo,
Cc are really exp now. And the prices are ever increasing. I think they are really making big bucks! Sch bus also exp..... it does not help when it's x2 the costs for me... Imagine when my #3 ready to go cc, it will be x3 the costs....
sad.gif

minnie,
ya. the cc prices are really horrible. The expensive one will be about 1k. the cheapest i can find is actually on waitlist. imagine the waitlist is over 200. sian.

ya... Those can afford ones wait list really long. Plus mine is reli old estate. So little cc. But my #1 getting very bored at home everyday. Now can only go Sunday play class. Most days Juz watch tv. Sigh...

May: I'm also with Dr Paul. When is your edd?
If you are worried maybe drop the clinic a call to check or monitor for one day or two. Mine stop after some bedrest so I just ignore it. Maybe you try to rest more for this few days, minimize walking unless necessary.

May: Pinkish discharge may be spotting. advise is to visit gynae for a check.

I'm also preggy with # 2. my boy is now 14-15 months. need to have injection 2 a week as i'm having spotting and have to bed rest. should be going back to work next week.

Happy New Year to all!

<font face="Comic Sans MS">kin - really sorry for your loss. take care yah.

managed to find a slot to meet gynae yesterday and i'm so happy to see &amp; hear baby's heartbeat. did a v-scan to dbl confirm cos i peed before going for the scan
happy.gif
am really hoping for a sticky pg. will be seeing gynae again in 2 wks time. was given duphaston to strengthen the pg due to past MCs.
to the rest, happy ms-ing &amp; rest well!!</font>

Seems its quite common for MCs nowadays. But
It's importantly we must not give up and stay positive. E fighting spirit must go on and so will our bb!

Flubby, you taking progesterone jabs too? How long you bed rest Liao? I been lying for 1 month Liao, going to rot. Plan to continue doing so til I pass 2nd tri.

Although I can't be 100% sure but each time I bleed/spotting I am told to go in for extra jab and the bleeding will stop so perhaps those who encounter bleeding/spotting could be low on progesterone too?

For those who are anxious to see your baby's heartbeat or somehow having prob seeing and don't mind spending abit more. I suggest you head down to TMC instead cos that's what I did yest when my progesterone level had a sharp drop. Not Gynae who scan but a sonographer and their machines are higher end, that is also why I am able to see heartbeat at only 5 week+ I believe. The bill is $100+ and comes with report and the ultrasound multi scan. This $$ is well spent cos it will put your heart at peace
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Lee, yes indeed. I read about you having some prob seeing the heartbeat at week 7? Still the same? I rem reading your Gynae did a tummy scan instead of V scan?

There are two ways of doing a first trimester scan:

Transvaginal scan (TVS): If your doctor wants you to have a scan earlier than 10 weeks of pregnancy, you will have a transvaginal scan. In these early weeks of pregnancy, your baby is too small and low in your abdomen to be picked up by a normal ultrasound scan. A vaginal scan is done by introducing a probe into your vagina. It can pick up a better image of your baby.

Abdominal scan: After 10 weeks and for the rest of your pregnancy, you will have an abdominal scan. During this scan, the doctor will put some (usually very cold) gel on your tummy and will move a small hand-held probe or transducer over your skin to get views of the baby.

from my circle of friends seems like only me having to go thru 2 MCs. seems like most of them have no problems. seriously praying for our bb to be strong and the heartbeat to continue. it's really devastating to find out about no heartbeat during scan...

Yeah still didnt manage to detect any hb when i went for the scan yesterday.

But im guessing she's also trying not to get my hopes up too high coz of the earlier mc... like what flubby said... very devastating to find out no hb during scan.. esp if you have heard it the week or two before...

So now i must tahan another week to see her next Thursday lor.. pray pray pray very hard that the little one will continue to grow and be strong..

Ic, I understand very well cos I personally experience my last 2 pregnancies baby's heartbeat stop at close to 8th week. Both also the same period, maybe immune Liao so e last time it happened I din even cry anymore.

You stay positive k. Sometimes embryo grow slower, just like babies same age doesn't mean they grow up the same speed too. Your Gynae really using tummy scan ah?

Oh man.. I'm so scared to hear about baby heatbeat stopping. I manage to see heartbeat at 6.5weeks through the tummy scan and my next appt is still 2 plus weeks away. Don't know how is everything going on down there. This is my first and I hope baby continue to grow well. I guess I can't help it that I have to worry till the next scan.

yaps she using tummy scan this time.. i get the feeling that she is not keen to do the v-scan for me this time.. although that was what she did for me previously...

Sheryce, my EDD is 2 Sept. I read some of your old posts, same here that Dr Paul only asked me to take folic acid and nothing else. I asked whether I shld start taking milk powder for mums but he said that will worsen my bloatedness. So now I eat as per normal.

Thanks all for the advice. I have called the clinic and the nurse said I shld monitor the discharge. If it does not persist then it is ok. But made an appt tmrw just in case.

if i remember correctly, there is a heartbeat monitor tool. but there is really not necessary to get it. quite expensive to get one.

May: yes i think this is Dr Paul style, he's more of an au natural person. He believe if you eat well and proper you dont need anything else. I didnt drink those mothers formula milk too, just fresh milk will do. I guess all these make my MS very mild and manageable.

We have the same EDD! But i know most ppl dont give birth on the EDD.

The thread is moving fast!!
happy.gif

CJ junior>I'm also seeing Dr Fong! Going for my first appt on mon!! Really hope all will turn well. Will be about 7 weeks then. Hopefully can see bb's heartbeat..

Shaggy> I delivered on edd!!
happy.gif
but I heard for first Bb usually will be 2 weeks earlier than edd..

Sheryce: so interesting that we have the same EDD. Dr Paul will be busy that day then. Haha.

Anyone experiencing constipation? I have no appetite lately and any food/ drink can make me very bloated and uncomfortable.

hi May, I'm also badly constipated and bloated. gynae prescribed some probiotics, as the bloatedness was leading to much discomfort.

may, I was just asking earlier which seems a common thing to happen. Ya notice I am losing my appetite as well.

Like what gan jiong dad says, is a gd sign shows work in progress inside.;

Mrs Lee, we can't control things ahead don't think about it for now else yr one week will seem like years to come.

May: I'm badly constipated too! Just went to buy fibergel (can't rem exact spelling, same pronunciation). I heard prune juice works too. Give them a try, I think they are quite harmless to preggy.

morning mrs lee.
there is no issue attending parties or wedding. but just make sure you don't carry baby as your baby in tummy will feel pantang...

may,
actually we are facing same problem on constipation. drink more water if possible. buy fibergel to drink if you don't feel nausea. it do help.

Have tried fibergel and prune juice. It is not very effective for me. I had constipation problem even before preggy, think it became worse.

The advice came just in time!! I m going for a baby shower this Sunday. So I must not carry the baby.
happy.gif

constipation
I was talking to my gynae abt this and he prescribes some mild laxative for me.. maybe u all can talk to ur gynae?

hi mummies, im from the may mummy thread just dropping by to say hi.

Also want to let go of my brand new philip avent breastpump as my hubby buy the wrong one!! so i want to sell it away, and get the one i wanted. This philip avent is going at $480, the original price i gotten from the seller. Interested, please pm me Thanks and enjoy the pregnancy journey!

dear elbarc

yes sure - tks

my details:

Edd : 30Sept
Gynae : Dr Benjamin Tham
Hospital : TMC
Baby: #2

Hi all, I am newbie joining this club! Just found out I am pregnant today. Hoping to know more mummies here.

Edd : 30 Sept (based on last LMP)
Gynae : Dr Wee Horng Yen
Hospital : KK
Baby: #2

Hi,

I've helped to tabulate. We can help to update.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>pigy (pigypigy) </TD><TD>35</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>eve (charl) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Sophie (magic_star) </TD><TD>33</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Wee Horng Yen </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>minniemoodibo</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>not confirm</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hey..though you girls are younger, but all of you are experienced mummies!! I have alot to learn from you ladies~~~ ('_')

Thanks minniemoodibo for tabulating.

Hi eve, we have the same EDD and both are #2, haha....How old is your #1? Mine is 26 months old.

Hi pigy, have you chosen your gynae in KK? All the good gynaes seemed to have left KK and based on my friend's recommendation, I chose Dr Wee. I have scheduled my 1st appointment on 11 Feb.

i still don't know my EDD. will update tomorrow.

currently down with flu and fever. haiz... still don't know if i should take 2 paracetomol as prescribed because i scare it will be too strong.

Back