(2012/09) Sep 2012

I already have a tummy to start with so now I can't determine if it's just my usual fats or bump but tummy feels harder especially at night

Shaggy> Thanks for the compliment. My wife will tease me when she saw your post. I am a first-time daddy meh - that's why gan jiong as my nickname suggests. When we learnt of the pregnancy last week, I am too excited that I couldn't sleep for 2 nites. Btw, are you first-time mum? Some husbands are just being cool and calm about the pregnancy, so that they have the energy/mind to care for you later. Better not to like me, so gan jiong, and who knows, in the end, I fall sick and my wife has to take care of me- the other way round. I try to be calm down nowadays.
happy.gif

Yes, i'm first time mum. The night that we found out about my pregnancy, i couldn't quite sleep but my husb was snoring away in less than 2 min. Haha. I hope he can be a little more gan jiong..

Shaggy> I am having a little bump too though 6wks+. tink it"s pre- pregnancy fats. Will you be doing jamu massage after delivery? My hb still asks mi wat is it when I show d pregnancy kit to him but he is extra nice to mi. Gan jiong daddy> u r really a great daddy to be! Ask ur wife to join in d chat la
happy.gif

When did u girls have yr first scan? I went see gyane though me only 4weeks since I have been having cramps.

Doctor said can't detect pregnancy in d results either cos too early else a case of estopic pregnancy. Hope me just too kiasu.

Pigy- I went for my gynae visit at 5wk+. probably it is still early for u. Dun worry too much. Tink next wk u should be able to see a sac

bless03>Will try to continue entice my wife to join this forum. She has reservation to join the forum as she is concerned that the more she read, the more she worry. That's why my wife let me join the forum and tell her those that she need to know, while hiding those scary story hide from her. I understood that pregnancy is not an easy 9 months process - along the way, got good and bad experience, so I respect my wife choice not to participate in this forum, in case she 'freak out'. Having say that, she still continue to be my avid reader of my posting - to counter check me so that I won't leak too much of her secrets. :p heheh. I may kana scolding later after posting this. Better hide from her this posting. hehehe.

Anyway, wish all of us here have a joyous CNY ahead, not to worry too much about the pregnancy.

Hi mummies,
I would like to wish all of you a smooth and healthy pregnancy. Jia you everyone.

I will be leaving this group as today's blood test reveals that I have an ectopic pregnancy. And already went ahead with the termination as I am already feeling pain. So thks mummies for all yr support.
Have a joyous CNY!

Hi gan_jiong_daddy,

Yep it's my first baby..
happy.gif

I'm ok with mount elizabeth facilities. Considering to deliver @ mount alvernia.

pigy,

i think 4weeks is still early
last time when im hv my #1, i visited gynae at 5weeks plus.
nothing can be see via ultrasound
have to go through v scan then can see the small sac

dun worry, try again at week 6

minniemoodibo>Today, we have a shopping spree to buy clothing for my wife. Had went down to Carrano shop at TPY central today but my wife found their designs are not what she wants.

Next, we went down to a neighborhood shop called Fashion Girl at Blk 183 and bought my wife a $35 pant - the material is elastic at the waist and thigh, just nice for some tummy expansion.

Our last 2nd stop is at Novena Square where we bought another ladies top(non-maternity but size choose abit larger) at Fond.

Our last stop at United Square was the most priciest buy. :p My wife finally found what she wanted at a maternity shop called Modern Maternity where she grabbed 1xshort, 1x 3/4short, 1x long pants, 1x skirt, 1x nursing top, and 3x bra extentions. Initially, we din want to buy so early one, but after listening to the shop lady's explanation, we realized that for comfort reason we should invest early in maternity clothing as there are differences between loose/bigger size pants and maternity pants. My wife tried the maternity pants and instantly love the feel of it - warm protection around her tummy, enough room for movement and it doesn't make her look pregnant as she initially imagined. The comfort which my wife felt in the maternity clothing had overcome her prejudice of buying them early- as we intend to hide our pregnancy from our relatives/friends during the first three months. Moreover, we also dun want to waste money to buy CNY clothings which my wife will not be able to wear them shortly later on.

Therefore, another lesson learnt today for us: For comfort reason, buy some suitable maternity clothing esp pants if the current ones doesn't fit any more. Buying bigger size clothing may not necessary be cheaper as they are likely to be uncomfortable later on which may be replace later by maternity clothing - more money spend instead. Why not we do the right investment in the first place instead? Just my another 2 cents worth of views.

ganjoeng daddy,

Glad your wife found wat she wanted. Most impt is that she feels comfortable in it.

I also started to wear maternity clothes very fast as my bump appears very early.

Remember to apply stretch mark cream around the bump and thigh area. A cheaper version will be palmers stretch mark cream which can be found at most pharmacy, NTUC and baby stores. Some pple are sensitive to the cocoa butter and may develop itch. So some will have to use clarins stretch mark oil. Which is the much more exp version. There are also a few other brands. But pls make sure they are safe to be applied during pregnancy

minniemoodibo>Thanks for the reminder on stretch mark cream. My wife has not started to develop bump. Is it too early to apply now or wait till the bump starts to develop? My wife has sensitive skin, so we may have to find one which is good for her skin in case she develops rashes. I suppose for ladies who have given birth before, they develop bump much faster bah.

Just to share a simple baby predictor which I chance upon this morning:
http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm

According to the predictor, I will be having a baby boy. Come to think of it, it may be true based on few symptoms I observed my wife:
* No much MS
* No craving for sweet stuffs.She used to like chocolate, now she do not have this preference.
* She used to like milo, now dun feel like drinking
* She has a preference for fruits. Prior to preg, she do not like to take much fruits.

How about rest of the ladies? Do you have cravings now?

ganjeong daddy

Stretch mark cream can apply once u feel that the skin starts to stretch. May not nec need to start with a bump. Prob tightness is one of the good indication.

U have any preference for gender? Gals can be sweet while boys can have some rough fun.

I have 1 boy and 1 gal. Both not much change in appetite and no cravings. So far, this #3 also no cravings. I guess everyone react differently.

Oh ya, both I had very bad ms. I walk until halfway can vomit. Come to think of that, it was so funny.... But I was feeling terrible during the ms period.

Hi minnoemoodibo
I also have a boy n a girl also no craving. This one also no craving but more serious ms then the other 2. Especially brushing teeth can led to puking.

Hi minnoemoodibo
Out of curiosity what makes you having another kid since you already have a boy n a girl?
For me is my husband born in dragon year. He wants another dragon bb.

Hi Sep mummies, wishing all have a happy pregnancy, smooth deliveries and a healthy dragon baby!! Happy new year to all!

Hi, Happy Chinese New Year to all!

Finally got courage to join in the fun.
As I had ms before, so was hesitating to join aft stable.
Second baby, EDD 23 Sep 2012

kin > hugs. Take care, we feels for you.

gan_jiong_daddy > I paid around $120 for my first visit. Include consultation, scan, a scan printout and folic acid.

Minniemoodibo > I also choose gynae over hospital. Gynae is more impt as u follow thur ur whole pregnancy.

Shaggy > I also feel I’m having bump, I’m only 5weeks. Like so fast… haiz mayb cos it’s second pregg and skin too loose le… 

Utrogestan > was prescribed for my 1st preg, but not tis preg. Gynae say I graduate le, no need. I believe utrogestan makes my MS worst. I got terrible MS till 6th month. Wow right.

MS > drinking ginger tea helps. Drink and eat in small frequent meals.

Just went for my check up.. Heard the heartbeat for the first time... Very weird feeling... Almost teared cos I abit paranoid..

Edd is 6th sept...gynae just ask me to continue to take folic acid dats all...

Hi Mummies/Daddies to be,

Am waititing for this thread to be up.
This is my #2 and my #1 is only 8.5 months old.
Kinda down as this baby did not come at the right time.
Have yet to went to the gynae as he is fully booked for Sat.
Will only go for the 1st visit in mid-feb.
As for milk for mummy, I used to drink Enfa-Mama.For me, its not so fattening. Personally I canot take Anmum.I put on weight immediately.
For stretch mark cream, I bought tonic oil n cream from Clarins. I felt its good as I cant see any visible marks. the oil and cream can last for quite long.

Just my 2 cents worth n I believe the results varies for different individual.

Elbarc: baby is gift from god, do treasure him/her. I hope u have a smooth pregnancy.

Sweet mummy: at least u can use 2nd kid as an excuse. I m first timer, can only blame on my fats. My bump appear at 7 weeks. How early...

I'm feeling faint this few days, could it be low blood pressure or lack of iron? I can't really take meat these days, I hate the taste of meat. My diet has been mainly carbo and veggie

elbarc,

My #1 and #2 is 1.5yrs apart. Similar age gap like yours. Though tiring, but it's quite fun coz both grow up together and the age gap is really close.

Anyone can advise if it's normal to have a little bit of bloody discharge? I'm 8.5 weeks already so don't think it's implantation bleeding. But the amount is very little, just a few streaks of red blood, should I be worried?

hello, may i know if any of the preggie ladies here experience twitching of eyes?

I had this since 1.5 weeks ago and i read that it could be due to hormonal imbalance or stress or tiredness..but i think i am having a lot of sleep already though at this stage now, most of us should be constantly feeling tired...

so just want to know if any of you experience the eye twitching thingy..

To Shaggy, if you do a lot of bedrest, you should see the stains go away...in any case, suggest that you tell your gynae about it...

Shaggy> I agreed with ph80's advice to do more bedrest. My wife had experienced some traces of discharge(not bloody ones) when we were shopping/walking whole day for CNY clothing. And the discharge disappeared after she did the bedrest. I believe it should help you too. That's why, we tried to do less house visiting this CNY. Did you walk alot during CNY?

Minnie: how old is yr #1 & #2? My appt with gynae is only in mid feb. hope everythg is fine till then.
Dont know why I am having serious loss of hair & jelly legs. Was not like that with my #1.

shaggy,
Is it spotting? If you feel uncomfortable, you may want to make an appt with your gynae to consult him. I'm sure he would be able to advise better. I do agree with the rest that bed rest is very impt.... Do rest a lot.

elbrac,
My #1 is 3 yrs old and #2 is 2 yrs old.
happy.gif
I guess every pregnancy is different. I experienced quite a lot of hair loss for my #1.

wow..age gap are quite near.
must be diffcult for u initially.
Do u send them to CC or u stay at home?
my mum is taking care of #1.
dont thk she can handle another bb herself.

elbarc,

yes, initial period is really tough. Almost went bonkos. Haha.... I send both to cc. I have a helper at home to help me with hsechores...

It's good to have the help of your mum. Trusted help is the best! Maybe you can consider sending your #1 to cc? Else prob get a helper to relief your mum?

sweet mummy>Welcome onboard, your EDD was close to my wife's EDD(21 Sept). Which gyna/hospital you went to? Your consultation fee seems to be ok.

Talking about EDD, I am wondering if the date is calculated based on LMP or based on the Ultrasound system scanning?

At week 6, my wife start to feel some itchness around her tummy and thigh area - perhaps stretch mark is coming soon. Wondering whether is it too early to have stretch mark? Have pass minniemoodie's advice to my wife to start applying stretch mark cream.

Minnie: Actually already had a helper at home but she is more focus on taking care of my dad that is sick. So i dont think I will add one more bb to my mum n helper. It might be too busy for them to cope. its either #1 at CC or #2 with my MIL.
GJ Daddy: Its never to early to start the stretch mark cream. I had started using since last week. =)

hi all, newbie reporting!

just did my first ever scan and bb already 8+ weeks old!

i'm always feeling hungry and craving for soya milk... which could be a blessing in disguise, because usually i drink a lot of coffee, but now i don't want to drink coffee at all, only want to drink soya milk... however i feel nauseous a lot too... so i constantly feel like both eating and vomiting! =|

Hi all,
So glad to see the sept thread up.

This is my #2, Calculated my edd, should be mid sept. Haven't not seen any gynae as I only came back spore 1week to celebrate cny. Currently stay in Bangkok. So will most likely deliver in Bangkok.

Stretch marks cream : I already bought 3bottles of clarins oil to bring back to Bangkok. I started using it at abt 2-3 months during my first pregnancy, my previous gynae asked me to apply "soon". I loved the smell of the oil and used it diligently throughout my first pregnancy, very happy and lucky and did not have any stretch marks.

But some Say that stretch marks are genetic. Coz my mom and sis had lots of stretch marks, I was hoping not to get any, thus applied everyday.

Happy new year.

Sweet mummy- may I know which calcium pill did your gynae prescribe?

I think I may need to buy calcium pill back to Bangkok too.

Aiyoh...so many things to buy and so little time....

I need a checklist!

Sounds like its not gd to walk too much during the 1st trimester?
Shaggy, 7 weeks got bumps already?? Ooo

Sorry when does the stretch mark comes in? Cream for? Is it normal not to have any appetite at the early stage?

Really nervous about my comin scan in 2 weeks, really hope to see a healthy growing baby.

Elbarc, this is my 1st baby n I do know I have serious hair loss suddenly. Hope I won't turn bald by then!!!

Hi all mummies,

I'm a first time mum and based on my LMP, am abt 7weeks pregnant. Started feeling nausea since last week and since then, got no appetite at all & never had a proper nutritious meal because alot of food makes me really turn off. Just the thought of food makes me feel sick... Anyone felt the same as me?

Have not seen a gynae yet as everyday I got to stay back in office to do OT and every Saturday has to report to work too. I just felt moody, tired and don't want to work. Sigh!

chewthegum>Welcome to motherhood. You can start taking folic acid if you haven't done so. Gynae will normally give folic acid during the visit.If you do not have appetite, you may want to consider taking milk powder meant for pregnant mum -they give you some carbohydrates for energy and other vitamins.

Gan jiong dad, ur wife very lucky have u u r one of the rare dads to b to know as much as the ladies. Wish my hubby Also like that. Ha

I noticed my appetite also not gd like before n worse suffer constipation!!! Rarely suffer constipation n it's a horrible thing to go thru!!

Back